I Don't Want To Be An Idol

I Don't Want To Be An Idol - Kris

Lazy Sunday’s were the best, with a gentle breeze blowing in from the open window while Kris was reading one of his favorite books as the two of you sat in a large arm chair that easily fit both of you. At first the two of you were reading the book together under a light, soft blanket letting the sun warm the two of you up allowing both of you to spend some time together.

The soft breeze blew your hair gently across your face, letting your head rest on his chest, you slowly found yourself drifting to sleep between his arms. Quietly flipping the pages, his eyes continued to move across the pages while he felt your body relax against his.

Glancing down at you, he smiled once he saw you fast asleep in his arms, reclining in the chair, he adjusted your head on his chest slightly so that he could kiss the crown of your head before he let his fingers run through your hair and play with the ends.

Resting his head on the back of the large comfortable seat, he felt his eyes start to close too. Marking his place with a bookmark, he carefully moved the book to the small table beside the two of you. Rubbing your back slowly, he brought both of his arms around you and pulled you slowly against him careful not to wake you from your slumber.

Tucking your head under his chin, he hummed softly as he felt the warm sun kiss his skin and yours. A small smile started to curl on his lips letting himself live in the perfect moment. Sliding his eyes closed, his hands rested on your back as he felt your every breath.

Time stood still for an eternity until Kris’ phone buzzed beside him, cracking open one eye, he glanced over at his phone before letting his eyes slide closed choosing to ignore whatever came to his phone.

The buzzing continued to vibrate his phone making it dance across the top of the side table. Letting out a quiet, soft sigh, he retracted one arm from around you and lifted his phone up. Lighting up the screen with a touch of a button, his eyes widened seeing all of the messages from his manager.

I booked you another event!
We need to leave now to make it there before the hotel closes
Get your things, we need to go now!

NOW!!!!!

Hissing under his breath, he started to sit up before he froze hearing your soft plea for him to stay.

"I know… I wish I could stay with you too but duty calls" He whispers and kisses your cheek softly. Inching his way out from under you, he cradled your head in the palm of his hand while he moved your body onto the cushions of the couch below.

Eventually, he was able to slip out from under your grip and quickly packed a backpack full of clothes and essentials. With his phone blowing up with messages from his manager, he took time to write you a little note so you wouldn’t worry.

Walking over to you, he got one last look at you, your hair perfectly framing your face, your body curled up under the blanket, your hands gently folded under your chin while the blanket covered your perfect pink lips.

"I’ll be back home soon love" He leaned down and kissed your cheek softly, "I love you" He whispered against your soft skin before running his hand over your hair once more.

Padding over to the door, he slipped his shoes on and lifted his jacket from over yours. Peering over his shoulder at you, he opened the door slowly as he took a deep breath and walked out to the awaiting black van.

Sitting in a seat by the window, he closed the door and rested his head against the back of seat. Thinking how uncomfy this chair was without you laying on him he closed his eyes for a moment before looking down at his phone. Seeing your face as his background, a little smile pulled on one side of his lips.

The van moved through the small streets trying to beat traffic, Kris was too busy looking out the window and seeing the couples on the street. Holding hands, walking together, laughing together, taking pictures together and just being themselves.

His thoughts turned to you wondering if this was really the best career choice for him, if this would be the best for your relationship.

The ride to the airport was clouded with thoughts of you in his mind, stepping out of the stopped van, he slowly maneuvered through the crowds at the airport. Being a little early, he took out his phone and just started typing, emotions started to swell in his heart as the words rolled off of his thumbs. 

Hearing his flight being called over the speakers, he carefully stood up and walked to his gate, eventually finding his seat on the plane, he pulled out his phone again and continued typing.

A few days later, you had just walked through the door from one of your night classes that had just ended. The chiming of your phone caught your attention, slipping the phone from your pocket, you opened the message and noticed that there was a sound attachment.

I hope you like this Jagi~ I miss you like crazy but I love you so much <3 

Clicking on the message you downloaded the attachment and played it. Turning up your volume, you heard the intro of a song start to play. Sitting on top of your counter, you rested your phone on the counter top while your legs gently swayed back and forth as the song started to fill your apartment.

Because of the endless schedule
It’s not easy to see your face
Me inside the TV, you watching me on TV
That’s how we date

Should I quit?
When I think about you, I keep getting weak

Because I’m an idol, because I’m a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When I become more famous, when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us

I wondered if we should break up a few times but I love you too much

As much as I love you, music is so important to me too so I can’t help it
After some time passes, after I become a bit more famous
I will reveal you to the world – I love you

Because of all the cameras, because of my manager
I kept pushing back our dates
When my music succeeds, when everything goes well
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

I’ll do everything for you, I’ll give you everything

This song is for you – I love you

Listening to the song, you replayed it over and over again, listening to Kris sing was just so soothing for you but the lyrics really made an impression on your heart. Tears swelled in your eyes as you listened to the song over and over again.

Hours passed as you couldn’t stop listening to the song, getting ready for bed, you sat on the couch as you hummed to the song. Placing your headphones on your ears, you laid down and covered yourself with a blanket. Letting the song loop, you felt your eyes close and your body relax to his voice.

Dusk turned dark as Kris quietly entered your apartment after the sudden trip. Allowing his backpack to slide down his shoulder, he placed it on the ground while his feet slipped his shoes off. Scanning your apartment, he tried to look for you. Not knowing where you were, he started to walk towards your bedroom thinking that you were already to sleep.

Rustling of blankets captured his attention, turning his head he found you fast asleep on the couch, your headphones in your ears while your phone gave off a subtle light in the room.

Kneeling down next to you, he placed his hand gently on the side of your face. Carefully taking out one of your earphones, he leaned in and listened to the song that you were hearing. A proud smile came onto his face as a film of fresh tears coated his eyes. Watching you for a while, he waited until the song ended before he lifted your other earphone from your ear and placed your phone aside.

Sliding onto the couch next to you, he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest.

"I really wish that I wasn’t an idol, so I could be with you and treat you how you should be treated" Kris whispered while tucking your head under his chin.

With his long fingers gently running through your hair, he closed his eyes while he hummed his song for you softly before the two of you fell asleep together, dreaming of what your future had in store for the two of you.