The Mother

The Leader Everyone Loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum was recently stressing himself out over everything that was going on around the group. With his own debut with Woohyun, to Jonghyun's recovery, Taemin's solo album, Minho's modeling career, and even Jinki's recovery. Jinki sometimes noticed Kibum sitting by himself in the kitchen, scrolling through the group's shared iPad and looking for ways he can help the other members feel better.

No matter how many times he told Kibum he was okay, the younger seemed to be doubtful of his answer. Sometimes, the four of them would have to work together to get Kibum away from his iPad to calm him down. Kibum was angry, of course, since no one wanted his help, but of course, that was just Kibum's motherly side speaking. 

One day, Jinki had gone home from his schedules early due to a migraine, and only realized Kibum was still around when he walked into their dorm and smelled something delicious in the air. Naturally, he found himself in the kitchen, shaking his head in slight amusement as Kibum cooked and danced around in front of the stove at the same time.

"Kibum." Jinki called out for the male gently, and the younger turned his head immediately, his feet still dancing and his hands still stirring whatever was on the stove.

"Why are you home so early?" Kibum asked, glancing back at the stove for a moment before turning it off and crossing his arms as he watched the elder.

"Ah, they told me I can go early since I don't feel so good." Jinki opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle of mango juice they had bought a few days ago, pouring himself a glass of it to have with his headache reliever. 

Kibum hurriedly pushed Jinki into a chair and ran to the medicine cabinet, "Don't worry, hyung. I'll take care of you."

Jinki wanted to laugh, because he expected the younger to be that way, but at the same time, he felt like a burden and a distraction to Kibum who was obviously enjoying his alone time. The younger quickly returned with a bottle of pills as well as a cold towel, pressing it against the elder's forehead.

"I'm fine, Kibum." Jinki assured the younger and gently took the bottle of medicine from the younger, "I'm sorry for cutting into your free day like this."

"You can apologize when you feel better." Kibum didn't care for his apology, it seemed, as having Jinki like this made him feel more usefull to the eldest of their group. 

Jinki brushed his words off and stood up to the younger's surprise, walking over to the stove with a gentle hum escaping his lips, "What did you make, Kibum?"

"It's soup, actually." Kibum answered with a wide grin, nudging Jinki aside with his hip to look down at his soup, "Which you should drink since you don't feel well."

"You really are like a mother." Jinki told him, though the younger had heard that from him several times already since they first met.

"If you forgot, you're supposed to be the father." Kibum snorted, waving a clean spoon around in the air.

Jinki groaned and took the spoon from him, dipping it into the pot and taking a spoonful of the soup, "Don't remind me. It makes me feel old."

"You are old." Kibum's bluntness always entertained Jinki, since most of the other members wouldn't talk to him like that.

"Just wait until you're my age. I'll say that to you and you'll flip out on me." Jinki finally tried the soup and grinned at the taste, deeming it good enough to be eaten.

"I am the diva, after all." Kibum snorted once more and held an empty bowl out so the elder could use it without making a mess.

Jinki took the bowl gratefully an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter