The Angel

The Leader Everyone Loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He didn't know when, but Jinki suddenly realized that he was awake and stared up at his ceiling with a deep sigh escaping his lips. He'd been dreaming about home, with his mother's sweet voice running through his mind even as he woke up. Jinki tried to go back to sleep, of course, reluctant to get out of his bed, but when he realized it would not happen, Jinki pulled his blanket around him and got off the bed, walking out of the room and pausing in front of the door for a moment to adjust his eyes to the sudden brightness and then slowly moving towards the kitchen to get himself something to drink.

Except, he had to pause again when he got to the room Jonghyun and Kibum shared together. The door was shut, but the light that shone from under the door made Jinki's lips stretch into a fond but worried smile. He wasn't the only one awake, that meant. Jonghyun was awake, and knowing the younger, he was in their room trying to compose new music since his insomnia still hit him hard. Standing in front of the door, Jinki raised a hesitant hand to knock before slowly pulling it back and sighing as he walked away.

Even if Jonghyun answered, which he probably wouldn't be able to since he usually listened to music while composing other music, Jinki just wouldn't know what to tell the younger without having him think Jinki was being either creepy or nosy. 

Still, he stood in front of the sink and slowly poured a glass of water, wondering if there was anything he could ever do to help Jonghyun with his insomnia. He knew, of course, that insomnia wasn't anything someone can help Jonghyun with, but Jinki always felt that he should do something as leader.

He silently watched as the glass filled with water, his hand pausing over the faucet. It was then that the dark kitchen was suddenly filled with light, and in surprise, Jinki's head whipped toward the direction of the light switch, only to stare dumbly at Jonghyun. The younger was leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen with an amused but exhausted grin on his face. Jinki would have addressed him, but he felt cold water on his hand and quickly turned back to shut the tap,

"Seeing you up right now is surprising, since you value sleep the most in this group." Jonghyun crossed his arms, an eyebrow raised as he whispered in a teasing tone, "Did hyung have a bad dream?"

Jonghyun didn't mean to be harsh, of course, and the playful undertone in his words reassured Jinki of that fact, so the elder only let out a breathless chuckle, "Something like that."

The younger was quiet, so Jinki took the opportunity to finish his glass of water and rinse it out, then turning back to the male that held worry in his gaze.

"What's wrong?" Jinki asked, raising an eyebrow as he crossed the kitchen to the younger male, placing his hand against Jonghyun's forehead to check if he was unwell.

Jonghyun chuckled lightly and caught Jinki's hand in his, slowly pulling it away from his forehead, "That's my line. What did you see in your dream that has you awake at this time?"

"Home." Jinki's answer was short and slightly bitter as he passed Jonghyun to return to his bedroom, the younger following after him.

"You're homesick." Jonghyun's statement held confusion in it, as Jinki was the only member to never outwardly show his homesickness. 

Jinki laughed and opened his door, leaving it open as he walked over to his bed and sat on the edge, picking a picture frame off of the bedside table, "It feels like so long ago, that I've been able to see my parents."

"Yeah, I get what you mean." The younger walked into the room and took a seat next to Jinki, wrapping an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter