Everyday like yesterday

One Baekhyun at a time

The next morning, I woke up excited. Today will be different too, right? I am happy that everything ended well with Baekhyun yesterday. I'm not really sure how he understood it but what I meant is when he talked to me, when he sat next to me and when we walked home together, it all felt too good to be true. However, it doesn't matter how much I trust his nice nature, I can't ignore the possibility that it might all go wrong.

After we got ready for school, we left the house and Bo Ram asked me "Where is Baekhyun? Why isn't he walking with us to school?"

"I didn't ask him to come with us this morning, he went to school on his own. You'll see him again after school, don't worry." I tried to reassure her, but I won't lie. Me too, I would have been happy if he was there. Mu Lan and Hyun Ah live in a different neighborhood and they have other friends besides me to go to school with, but I don't. I know no one besides them so when I go to school, I see all the students together with their friends while I am alone. I usually don't mind it but yesterday, when Baekhyun walked with me, I felt really happy and I hoped he would keep me company this morning too.

After I dropped my siblings at their respective schools, I walked to the bus stop but he wasn't there. He probably went to school by car with his private driver. Every rich family has a private driver right? My grandfather also had one. When I arrived at school, I headed towards the park behind, like every morning. Since Mu Lan and Hyun Ah always come last minute, I find myself with at least 10 minutes to kill. The park is the only place where I like being alone, it makes me calm. As I turned behind the building, I noticed that someone was there, just like yesterday. Except today, it wasn't a stranger. He was sitting right under the tree where I usually sit.

"Baekhyun! What are you doing here?"

"Ah, Hae Jin! You finally came, I was waiting for you."

"Why? Something happened?"

"Not really, I just went in class but neither you or Mu Lan were there and to be honest, I'm too scared to talk to anyone in class. They have their own groups and they don't make you feel welcomed. Since you come here in the morning, I decided to wait for you."

"The park is so calm, it's better than the awkward atmosphere in class. I thought everyone would jump on you since you're becoming an idol. I guess that's what you get for hanging out with me."

"Why you say that? There's nothing wrong with you! It's their problem for being such judgmental pricks."

"Hahaha judge mental pricks! Speaking of which, how can you call them that if you've never talked to them?"

"You told me enough about them for me to judge. Besides, I grew up with that kind of people; the ones who judge you based on how much money is in your bank account. Oh! Speaking of money." He opened his backpack and pulled out a white envelope that he held me.

"300$, exactly." I was too shy to accept the money because after all, it was an accident, he doesn't have to pay for it. When he saw I wasn't taking it, he took my hand and put the envelope in it.

"Take it, it is yours! I can't let you buy new glasses while you have financial issues."

"You really didn't have to bring it. We just met and it's awkward that you give me money already."

"Hae Jin why are you so stubborn! Take that money before I change my mind." He looked really serious and honestly, that 300$ really wouldn't hurt so I quickly put the envelope in my backpack and he started laughing.

"You only listen when people threaten you, am I wrong?"

"You were not going to take it back?"

"Obviously not! Oh my god Hae Jin you are too naive!"

 

On our way back to class, we met Hyun Ah and Mu Lan. Mu Lan greeted us while Hyun Ah kept on eying Baekhyun.

"What were you two doing together? Don't get too comfortable around Hae Jin, understood? You might be the new flower boy of the school; rich, handsome, nice and talented but guess what? I hate flower boys." As she was talking, Hyun Ah kept poking his shoulder with her finger. "Wow, am I that handsome? Thank you!" As he said so, Baekhyun flashed her his usual smile and I saw Hyun Ah blush for a quarter second. She mumbled something before making an ugly face and left to her classroom.

"I'm sorry that she's being so childish and mean! She has some kind of a complexion when it comes to guys. That's why she doesn't like Mu Lan either."

"Is it because her father wants her younger brother to inherit the company and not her?"

"How do you know that?!" Mu Lan and I both screamed in surprise.

"It was just a guess! Mu Lan told me yesterday she has a younger brother and almost all the business men want their son to inherit their company."

When we entered the classroom, I was a bit sad to see Victoria sitting at her place. It's not like I'm going to miss Baekhyun, but he is clearly nicer that Victoria. Thank god I had received contact lenses with my glasses when I bought them last time, I won't have to ask for her notes.

Baekhyun saw that I stopped at the classroom's door and told me "Don't worry, I'll take care of her".

He walked towards Victoria and greeted her "Hi! I'm Baekhyun, a new student."

"Hi", she replied somewhat interested that he is talking to her.

"I think we have a little misunderstanding. Yesterday I sat at your seat, next to Hae Jin. We both know that I'll enjoy sitting here more than you since Hae Jin is my friend. So do you mind switching to the empty seat over there?"

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Victoria stand up and walk away. She looked amused that she finally had a reason to stay away from me. Baekhyun looked at me all smiles, proud that he made her move.

 

The rest of the day went on just as fine or even better. We ate lunch all together and a group of guys from our class came to see us. They asked Baekhyun a couple of questions about auditions and being a trainee. They seemed really nice and since they enjoyed talking with us, they apologized for not approaching him earlier. When they saw him with me, they didn't dare come near him because of the rumors surrounding me. They also apologized for believing those said rumors and told me that I was actually very funny and nice. Ever since our company went bankrupt, no one in this school dared talk to me, but these guys just did it and they didn’t regret. I hope other students will have the courage to treat me the same.

After school, I went to take the bus with Baekhyun. On our way to the bus stop I asked him "Did you take the bus this morning?"

"Yes I did, but I forgot to ask you yesterday at what time you take it so I tried to guess but I was too early."

"So you don't mind coming to school with me every day?"

"Why would I mind? We live in the same neighborhood; I'd rather walk with you than be alone." He said it while smiling and his smile was so honest, it really looks like he enjoys being with me as much as I like being with him.

"I'll take the bus at 7:45 tomorrow".

 

"Baekhyun! Hae Jin! " Boram was running towards us all smiles. This little girl is always full of energy and it really contrasts with Woohyun who was dragging his feet behind her. Just like yesterday, Boram walked next to Baekhyun and didn’t stop talking. I was a bit worried about Woohyun’s silence so I tried to talk to him “How was school today Woohyun?’’

 ‘’It was fine.” He said without lifting his eyes from the ground.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked, worried.

‘’Him.’’ he stopped walking and stared at Baekhyun and Boram. They were too far and too loud to hear us.

‘’You said all the kids at your school were mean, how come you’ve made a new friend?’’ He added a bit upset.

“He is a new student and he happened to be nice, that’s it.” I tried to calm him but I guess that’s not the answer he wanted.

“How can you tell? He is exactly like the rest of them! He is probably just acting because you are smart and he wants to use you!” Sometimes, Woohyun doesn’t sound like a 10-year-old kid and it can be quite impressive.

“I hear you complain about your classmates all the time with Hyun Ah! How can you be so sure he is different?” He looked scared and upset while his voice was shaking and it completely broke my heart. I can’t believe that I am so miserable that my kid brother worries about me. I tried to stay calm and replied “I’m not sure, but we can give him a chance” while trying to smile.

“Can we trust him?”, he asked me warily with his eyes almost pleading me to say yes.

“I don’t know, but we can try “. I took his hand and said “Let’s go now, I know you love bubble tea as much as Boram does”.

 

After we picked Yoonjae and Sora, we headed to a coffee shop and ordered bubble tea and some pastries. Boram was super excited and Woohyun was clamly sitting next to her, but I know that deep inside, he is as excited as she is. It’s been a while since we went out all together, it was nice to spend some time outside. For a moment, I was able to forget all my worries and concentrate about how tasty those pastries were. Baekhyun payed for us although I protested and we went back home.

“I had fun with all of you today but it’s time for me to leave before I follow you inside”, Baekhyun said jokingly but Boram clung on him and begged him to come in and play with her. Half of me wanted to thank Boram but the other half hoped Baekhyun wouldn’t accept. It’s not that the house is not clean or something. It would just be too perfect if he came in, he would play with my siblings, eat dinner and ask me out while we’re at it. It’s only been 2 days that we know each other, maybe next week I’ll invite him, or next month, or next year, or in my next life.

“I’m sorry Boram but I have a lot of homework and notes to catch up! Maybe next time? Also, I don’t want to bother your sister”.

 Boram sadly loosened her grip on his arm and told him goodbye. Before he left, I had opened my backpack and handed him one my note books.

“Don’t you need it to study? I can catch up on my own, thank you.”

“No, take it. You said earlier that you needed notes for ethics, I can study other subjects during the weekend and besides, you let me copy your math notes yesterday, it’s my payback “.

He smiled his lovely smile and took it. I told him goodbye and headed inside. I was so happy that I almost felt stupid since nothing special happened for me to have a smile frozen on my face. Who thought that a transfer student would make me feel so happy just by being nice. Probably when I’ll wake up tomorrow, I’ll wish for the day to be as great as today was. Just like how this morning, I wished for everyday to be like yesterday.

As I was about to close the front door a familiar face showed up, bearing a serious yet sorry expression.

“Hyun Ah? What happened? What’s wrong?”, I asked worriedly.

“It’s Baekhyun, there is something you need to know about him”, she said while fidgeting with her fingers.

“What do you mean, it’s Baekhyun? He was there a minute ago, he just left”.

“I know; you went with your siblings to a coffee shop. I was there, I, … I followed you” she said while looking at the ground.

“Really? Why? What are you trying to say?”, she was getting me more and more upset, what is she hiding from me?

“Hae Jin, I know Baekhyun. We met him before, you just don’t remember”. 

                                __________________________________________________________ 

Hello dear reader ^^ Thank you for giving my story a chance! I will try my best to not disappoint you! I'm sorry if my updates are slow but I tend to get inspired by anything so although I'm only publishing this story, I have ideas about 3 other stories that I kind of write whenever I get inspired. Hopefully, I will upload the next chapter sooner but I'll be honest with you, I kind of forgot what's the thing with Baekhyun... I know what's up with him, it's more like what will Hyun Ah tell Hae Jin? Big thanks to my friend Kati-Oh! for approving my chapter (and she reminded me that I kinda forgot what I had in mind for the begining of the next chapter) and my other friend Crazy Uni Gaz Manager! Yes I give my friends weird names but they have a story behind haha. See you soon! ^^