Today was special

One Baekhyun at a time

Today was different. The park behind the school is the only place where I can  be alone and hide from the students' look, but today was different. Today I met someone there. At first I was upset, really upset. It's unusual for someone else to be there, it was my place. That park behind the school was where I would go every morning to gather enough strength to face all those idiots for the day. Nobody goes there in the morning because the fence blocks the way, but I have a trick to bypass it, but today was different. Someone was wandering around there and it troubled me. He didn't look like a student, he didn't have his uniform on. I kept walking but he disappeared from my sight. I didn't realize he was coming closer until he spoke.

"Hi!'' He said with a calm and sweet voice. I was so nervous that he scared me and I dropped my glasses that I was cleaning... And they broke. I tried to pick them up as fast as I could to get away from him.
"Oh my god I am so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He kept  apologizing while helping me. 
My glasses were still new and cost me so much. I felt like punching him but he really felt bad for scaring me, he apologized.
"I can pay for the reparation, I'm really sorry!" 
Wow, he must be really rich to offer money like that!
"No, no it's okay I guess. They are new, so they must have a warranty." I tried to walk away but he held my arm to stop me.
"Wait! I wanted to ask you where is the teachers' office. I just transferred today and I'm a bit lost." 
He is a new student, that's why I've never seen him before. I don't know why, but he was nervous. Was he scared to talk to me? 
"Enter from the door over there and walk down the hallway, you can't miss it."
"Alright! Thank you and sorry for earlier. Have a nice day! See you later, maybe!" He waved at me before leaving.
"Yeah... Goodbye!" And I waved back. What a weird person he is, but in a good way, I think. Class was starting soon so I went back in the building.                                               


I've never talked to her but she looks nice. Come on Yoon Hae Jin, you can do this! It's just a simple question, I'm sure she won't mind. 
"Excuse me" I said. She raised her head and looked at me with an annoyed expression on her face. Damn it! She's mad.
"What do you want?" She said with a dull tone.
"My seat is in the back but I broke my glasses. I was wondering if maybe you could switch places with me?" 
"No, go find someone else, I don't switch with people like you. You broke your glasses, it's none of my business." She said it without even looking at me! Who does she think she is? Man, this girl needs to be brought back to reality. As I opened my mouth to reply something disrespectful, I felt hands on my shoulders pulling me away. 
"Hae Jin! What are you doing? Trying to make new friends? Haha, sorry for disturbing you, Kwon Hani." He kept dragging me away and then said
"Thank god I stopped you! You were getting yourself into more troubles! Do you even know who she is?" 
"Oh stop it Mu Lan! You just wanted to look good in front of her because she's pretty! I don't care who she is, she's not superior to me! I'm not afraid of her!" Damn it Mu Lan. He got me madder than I already was. 
"Aah Hae Jin, I can't believe you've never heard of her, she's Kwon Hani! The most manipulative person in this school. They say she has so much connections she could get you killed! Just try to stay away from her." 
"Whatever... I just wanted to seat in front to see the board, it's not a big deal."
"Why? What happened to your glasses, where are they?"
"I broke them this morning. I was trying to clean them but someone scared me and I dropped them. Look, even the glass shattered. Anyways, he proposed to pay for it."
"Really? Thank god! I thought you were being bullied, you scared me! But who's this nice guy? It's rare to find someone that nice in this school!"
"A new student, he was lost and asked his way."

The teacher came in and we went to our seats. Mu Lan said he'll give me a copy of his notes.
Suddenly, a familiar face followed the teacher in. 
"Class, we are welcoming a new transfer student from Incheon. Go ahead and present yourself."
I looked at Mu Lan with a surprised look. I understood by his weird expressions that he was asking if it's the person I met this morning. I slightly nodded and looked back in front. 
"Hi everyone, I am Byun Baekhyun. I transferred from Incheon's high school  because I got casted by an entertainment company for their next idol group. I hope we'll all get along!" 
He was only looking at me, as if he were only talking to me. But a singer in our class, I'm sure the girls' jaws dropped to the floor. I looked around and there were two empty seats. The one that's always been empty was three rows away. Victoria didn't come today and her seat, which is next to mine, was also empty. 
"Alright Baekhyun, you can go take a seat." As soon as the teacher told him so, he started walking towards me. He said hi and sat down next to me. 
"This is Victoria's seat, she'll come back tomorrow." 
"Then I'll just sit here for today." 
This Baekhyun doesn't stop smiling. Not that I dislike it, he has a beautiful smile and honestly, I'd rather have him than Victoria sit next to me everyday. She would have never proposed to pay for my broken glasses.

    


*****************************************

First chapter is done! what do you think? If you find any mistakes please tell me! My english is not perfect yet T.T I already have my idea for the second chapter so it should be updated soon! :) Special thanks to my friend Kati-Oh! for reading and approving everything I post!