It Happened

Not a Betrayal

 

I'm warning people again don't get too sensitive over what's happening bare through it. Just enjoy the Taoris.


 

 

“So this is it?” Tao asked leaning against the door frame

“Either help me pack, or shove it.” Kris barked

“Ooooooh scary” Tao said wiggling his fingers and Kris dropped his things.

“Do you have to make this harder for me? Are you really doing this?” he turned around crossing his arms

Copying his motions intentionally Tao crossed his arms and said “Uh duh. You’re overreacting”

“Tao really? I’m not getting paid my worth! They’re turning down my request to take on other jobs. Things I want! And they’re working me to my grave!”

“And what, you think it’s just you? Maybe they’re pushing you off that ing high horse you’re on!”

Kris’ widened eyes narrowed into a glare. He grabbed Tao’s arm pulled him in the room and shut the door”

“Be mad. I get it but don’t you make this my fault”

“You signed up for it!” Tao yelled

“No!,” Kris yelled back “No I didn’t! I signed up for living a good life. Doing what I love alongside you-all of you!”
“But here you are leaving” Tao retorted coldly

“Because-”

“Because what?!” Tao yelled interrupting “It’s not enough? We’re-” he swallowed hard as he almost choked up tears “I’m not worth it?”

Kris’ heart sank and he felt week in the knees. He sighed and ran a trembling hand through his hair.

“I can’t do this. I just can’t keep doing this Tao” Kris said.

“Not even for me?” Tao stepped forward and had to force himself to not take Kris’ hand

“Zitao” and as Kris called him Tao felt the severity of Kris’ words as he used his real name so he stayed silent and Kris continued almost inaudibly “I’m not happy. Only when I look at you” he took a step towards the younger “when we talk, when we play around, when you’re happy. But-” he bowed his head “I want to happy with all the parts of my life”

Tao inhaled sharply covered his mouth and turned away. The bitterness of his words had stung back at him and his selfish needs made him feel awful. The man he loved was falling apart but he wanted him to go through this, all for him. And not only that turned and blamed him for being selfish. And looking at the almost hollow shell of the man he loved he still didn’t want him to go. But Kris was right, he deserves to be happy, and pave his way in his own path; regardless of how they were going to have to go in opposite directions.

Grabbing his chest he forced out something that he had to say.

“Leave” it was cold and dead and hung on a tight rope balancing between the two of them and the next words would tip it most definitely

“Zitao-what-?”

“G-get out” he croaked his voice cracking and tears spilling “Leave!”

Kris reached out to hold Tao both the other stepped out of his grasp

The air was still until Kris spoke “I’ll leave. I was going to anyway but let me tell you this, don’t think this will make you feel better. Make this any easier.” He was silent for a moment for a before he continued “For either of us”

Tao turned around feeling his heart jump forward trying to chase the broad shoulders he’d loved so long but he hadn’t moved and the door closed and he stood there alone happy and grieving for the man he loved, the man he’d just lost.


So I hoped you liked it and feel free to comment with love please feel free to check out my other story 'What I Did'. I just updated today finally