Don't Go

Hypnotized

Hello!! :D ok so just a heads up this is 3.5k+ enjoy!

Practice is now over and everybody has seemed to have migrated down into Jongin's apartment. Everyone being the two apartment owners, the singing duo, and the fighting best friends. Well, now, apologizing best friends, since Luhan had pulled Kyungsoo into the kitchen to apologize.

Kyunggie, I am so sorry! I've been such a bad friend. I don't know what got into me yesterday.”

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to speak only to be cutt off by Luhan.

I know! I'm sorry! I should've let you tell me your side of the story. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I'm really, really sorry!”

Kyungsoo tries to speak, but is cut off by Luhan. Again

Don't leave me!”

The now sobbing blonde lunges forward and wraps his arms around a very surprised Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo tries to pry Luhan off of him, but the blonde proves to be extremely strong and clingy. He looks up to find Jongdae and Baekhyun behind Luhan, staring.

Could either of you two, lend me a hand?”

Jongdae steps forward and pries Luhan off of Kyungsoo.

Yah! Don't touch me! I don't know you like that!”

Aish! Are you always this much of a drama queen?!”

Who are you calling drama queen, t-rex face!”

Kyungsoo sighs.

Baek, can you take your boyfriend into the living room, please.”

Got it. C'mon babe. Let's leave them to sort things out.”

Baekhyun tries to pull Jongdae away, but it seems Jongdae is too engrossed with getting into it with Luhan. At this, Baekhyun seems to lose his patience.

KIM JONGDAE, YOU WILL COME WITH ME RIGHT NOW, OR SO HELP ME YOU WON'T BE GETTING ANY HAPPY TIME FROM ME!”

Jongdae's eyes widen and then he immediately retreats and starts trailing behind Baekhyun out of the kitchen. Kyungsoo and Luhan are left behind, confused. As if on cue they look at each other and speak in unison.

Happy...time?”

Both cringe and shudder at the thought and then burst out laughing. They both double over in their fit of laughter. Luhan seems to regain hs composure first followed by Kyungsoo.

They both stare at each other for a good minute before Luhan breaks the silence; too anxious about the whole ordeal. Luhan just wants to know if he still has his best friend or not.

So?...Are we...good? or...”

Or?”

Luhan's face darkness at the others reply. Kyungsoo smiles.

I'm not going anywhere.”

At this Luhan's expression visibly brightens up.

I'm not mad now. I wasn't mad at you five minutes ago either.”

Kyungsoo notices the confusion on his friend's face.

I knew why you didn't like Jongin hanging around me. I mean I know how aggressive you get with someone who means to harm someone you care about. I of all people should know.”

Kyungsoo gives Luhan a knowing smile. Although, Kyungsoo seems to understand Luhan's reasons, Luhan doesn't think he should be forgiven that easily.

Okay, yeah. I know that you know I was only trying to look out for you, but I shouldn't have butted in like I did.”

Kyungsoo tries to cut in and protest, but Luhan waves him off.

With your ex, I had a reason. He had hurt you and you wanted nothing to do with him. So I helped out.”

Luhan pauses and takes a deep breath.

But, with Jongin, there really wasn't any reason for me to intervene. He hadn't hurt you in any way. On the contrary, he was actually being really good to you. If anything, I'm the one who was being a ty person for not being there for you and always bailing on our dinner plans.”

Throughout all Luhan's ranting he didn't notice Kyungsoo walking over until the shorter pulled him into a hug.

You're not a 'ty' person, Hyung. You're a really good friend and I'm really glad that you realized this thing with me...and Jongin...isn't something you should worry about.”

Kyungsoo pulls back. Luhan looks at Kyungsoo and doesn't know if it's just him over-imaginating, but he could've sworn Kyungsoo didn't seem alright when he uttered Jongin's name.

So are you good? Are we good?”

Kyungsoo smirks.

Yes, we're good, Hyung.”

Luhan squeals and jumps up and down like an excited little girl. Sehun pokes his head into the kitchen.

I'm assuming everything went well?”

Kyungsoo is once again trapped in the arms of his friend, who can't seem to stop bouncing up and down in glee.

How can you tell?”

Kyungsoo grins and Luhan finally lets go. Kyungsoo is perplexed by the sudden seriousness present on Luhan's face. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow in question as Luhan opens his mouth to speak.

So...about Jongin-”

Kyungsoo groans loudly, surprising the blonde.

What? I thought you wanted to talk to me about this?”

Well, can we not do that here? In his apartment, with his bestfriend standing right there?”

Kyungsoo motions to Sehun who is now seemingly really interested in the wall decorations of the kitchen. Luhan nods in understanding.

Let's go home then.”

What?”

Before Kyungsoo can process what is going on, Luhan is already dragging him out of the kitchen into the living room, where he immediately finds Jongin sitting on one of the couches flipping through the channels.

Wait, Lu! Where are you going?”

Sehun follows behind and tries to stop Luhan.

Home. Kyungsoo and I need to speak about a few-”

Luhan glances at Jongin who only seems to be really confused at what is going on.

things.

Well then, you're going to have to talk here.”

Luhan blinks a few times clearly not understanding why his boyfriend is saying such ridiculous things. Sehun picks up on Luhan's confusion and elaborates.

What I mean is, the roads are completely covered with snow and there's no way anyone can drive anywhere right now. So, we are all basically stuck here.”

Luhan blinks a few more times, this time in denial of what his boyfriend is saying. He lets go of Kyungsoo.

Sehun. Why are you lying?”

Sehun's eyes widen in disbelief. In the background Jongdae speaks up.

It's true. We just saw the news.”

Luhan raises a hand.

Wasn't asking you t-rex.”

Kyungsoo can hear Jongdae grumbling under his breath sayin something about why he even bothers trying. Luhan walks over to the window and screams. Indeed it is a winter wonderland out there. There doesn't seem to be anything that isn't touched by mother nature's white blanket.

Sehun! Do something!”

Are you kidding me!? What the hell do you want me to do?”

Go out and shovel the snow so Kyungsoo and I can go home!”

Kyungsoo ignores the two while Sehun argues with Luhan and tries to convince the blonde about the fact that there is no human way possible that he can go outside by himself and shovel all that snow. Kyungsoo walks over to sit on the couch with Baekhyun and Jongdae. He sinks into the couch and looks up at Jongin, who immediately looks away when their eyes meet. Kyungsoo sighs. He takes out his cellphone to check the time. It reads 7:30 p.m. Kyungsoo feels like crying. He hides his face into Baekhyun's shoulder, startling the older.

Kyungsoo are you alright?”

Kyungsoo's voice is muffled but Baekhyun can clearly make out the words.

I'm sick. Remember?”

Baekhyun is puzzled for a second until he turns and his eyes meet with Jongin's.Oh.

Riiiight. Got it. You just keep your head there then.”

This time Jongin speaks up.

Is he okay? Does he need anything?”

Kyungsoo's chest throbs at the concern in Jongin's voice as the younger speaks.

Yeah. He just feels like he's coming down with something.”

Jongin shifts his eyes to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun notices the furrowing of the younger's eyebrows.

Uh...you know? Maybe a bit a food will do Kyungsoo some good. “Do you guys have anything to eat?”

Jongin snaps out of his thoughts and stands up, making his way to the kitchen.

We have some left over Kimchi stew from yesterday. It should be enough for all of us.”

Baekhyun nods and doesn't even have to tell Jongdae to get up and follow Jongin into the kitchen. Jongdae loves his food. Baekhyun feels Kyungsoo tense up next to him.

I promised I wasn't going to leave you alone with Jongin. We are just going to the kitchen together and we are going to eat together. Cool?”

Kyungsoo whines and groans.

I'm going to take that as a 'yes'.”

Baekhyun pulls Kyungsoo up from the couch and stops before getting to the kitchen.

Hey, Luhan-”

What do you mean you can't find a way to shovel the snow? What kind of man are you?!”

Still arguing with Sehun I see. Alright, so you'll eat later? Okay, then. C'mon Kyungsoo get off the floor. Stop being so dramatic.”

Baekhyun practically shoves and drags Kyungsoo into the kitchen.

Now I get why you and Luhan get along so well.”

Baekhyun sits on one of the bar stools next to Jongdae near the kitchen island. Kyungsoo smooths out his shirt and scowls at Baekhyun.

Just what is that suppose to mean?”

Baekhyun just shrugs and pats the seat next to him, motioning for Kyungsoo to sit. Kyungsoo grumbles under his breath but sits anyways.

Kyungsoo thinks that dinner goes by smoothly. Except for those few moments where Jongin spoke up and it made Kyungsoo's heart beat a million miles per hour making Kyungsoo extremely anxious. Kyungsoo hates the fact that Jongin's voice alone has such a profound effect on him. But, other than that, dinner passed by really well.

Sehun and Luhan joined everyne else for dinner halfway through after Sehun finally got Luhan to understand that physically shovelling his way through the snow right this moment was no where near possible.

Sehun volunteers to wash dishes and Kyungsoo follows right along not wanting to be in the same room with Jongin for a while. Sehun and Kyungsoo wash dishes in silence and it's not until half way finished that the silence is broken.

I'm glad you and Luhan made up.”

Kyungsoo glances to his left at Sehun, nods and smiles.

You're really quiet.”

Kyungsoo nods again.

Do you like Jongin?”

Kyungsoo chokes on his own spit and almost drops the bowl he was drying. His eyes widen considerably making Sehun chuckle.

You don't have to answer. I just thought I would give it a try.”

Sehun is full blown laughing now. Kyungsoo stares incredulously at Sehun.

I see why you and Luhan are together now.”

Sehun tilts his head to the side in wonder, to which Kyungsoo elaborates.

You both have no filter. Tsk, tsk.”

Kyungsoo shakes his head and continues on drying the dishes.

Shouldn't you be thanking me instead of insulting me?”

Why is that?”

I got Luhan to stop trying to leave so he couldn't go on with his plan of harrassing you with questions about Jongin.”

True. Thank you, but it's not like being here is any better.”

Why?”

The apartment. Besides you who else is the owner?”

Riiiight. Got it.”

Kyungsoo and Sehun resume with the dishes. Falling into a silent routine again.

I'm glad you're with Luhan.”

Hm?”

He seems happy. You seem to be good for him.”

Sehun falls into a state of shock hearing Kyungsoo's words. Kyungsoo notices.

Why do you look so surprised?”

No. It's just...I thought...you wouldn't...like me.”

Why would you think that?”

Well...I know Luhan has kind of been bailing on you since I kept asking him out.”

Kyungsoo gives Sehun a blank stare.

You're stupid.”

WHAT?!”

You don't think that if I had a boyfriend I would do pretty much the same thing Luhan is doing if not worse?”

Well, you could have a boy-”

Stop that train of thought, right now, Oh Sehun.”

I'm just saying, hyung, like-”

Did you just call me hyung?”

Is that...can I not?”

Kyungsoo tilts his head to the side considering the proposition.

Nah, I don't mind.”

Sehun grins and nods.

So...hyung, do you think maybe I can-”

Go.”

What?”

You were gonna ask if you could leave the dishes to me and go with Luhan right?”

Sehun starts to protest and try to lie his way out of this one. Kyungsoo observes the younger's failed attempt to lie and sighs.

Wow, you really can't lie. Can you?”

Sehun opens and closes his mouth like a fish out of water and gives up trying to come up with an excuse. He ends up pouting in the end making Kyungsoo laugh.

Just go, already.”

Kyungsoo lightly pushes Sehun away from the sink motioning him to go to Luhan. Kungsoo smiles as he watches Sehun practically sprint into the living room. Lovebirds these days. The elder starts drying the dishes and becomes completely engrossed at the job at hand that he doesn't notice the new presence in the kitchen as Sehun makes his exit. It's not until Kyungsoo places the last dry dish onto its rightful place in the kitchen cabinets that he turns around and is startled upon seeing Jongin standing on the other side of the kitchen island. Kyungsoo averts his eyes from Jongin and tries to avoid making any sort of eye contact that will give the other an excuse to talk. He hurriedly makes his way to leave the kitchen only for Jongin to step in his way. Without looking up at the younger's face, he tries to side step away from Jongin, but the taller only steps in front of him again. Kyungsoo finally manages to step past Jongin, but the space between the kitchen counter and island make it impossible for Kyungsoo to escape without giving the younger the opportunity to grip him firmly by his forearm. Kyungsoo can feel that Jongin is extremely close. He can feel the warmth of Jongin's body radiating onto him on the one side of his body. Jongin's hold burns hot on Kyungsoo's skin as the dancer makes no indication of wanting to let go any time soon. Kyungsoo has his face turned, not facing Jongin. Partly, because he is trying to hide the blush that has creeped onto his cheeks and partly, because of fear. Fear of not knowing what Jongin is planning to say. Fear, because Kyungsoo doesn't know what he can say back to Jongin. His body tenses at what is to come.

Kyungsoo, don't go. Please, look at me.”

The elder shivers at the sound of Jongin's voice, but instead of turning around to face the younger, he tries pulling away from the taller's vice like grip. However, Jongin proving to be the stronger of the two, tugs Kyungsoo towards him. Succeeding in getting the smaller of balance, Jongin pushes Kyungsoo against the counter and places his hands on either side of him, flat onto the cold surface, trapping Kyungsoo.

Jongin is so close that Kyungsoo can feel his breath on the tip of his nose, as the taller bends his head down to be able to look at Kyungsoo. Jongin's cologne is dangerously intoxicating enough to send Kyungsoo into a daze and it becomes extremely difficult for the shorter to form any coherent thoughts. Kyungsoo closes his eyes shut and tries to calm his rapid beating heart.

Please, Soo. Please don't shut me out.”

Kyungsoo can hear the desperation in Jongin's voice as he practically begs the shorter to listen to him. The elder doesn't miss the way Jongin's voice wavers with the last syllable. Jongin rests his forehead onto Kyungsoo's, making the shorter open his eyes in surprise. The first sight Kyungsoo sees is that of Jongin's lips slightly parted making the smaller feel things that he should not be feeling. At least, that's what he tries to convince himself of.

Before, Kyungsoo can utter a sound, Jongin speaks.

Baekhyun said you were feeling sick. Are you feeling better, now?”

Kyungsoo his lips as he tries to muster the strength to reply.

Y-yes.”

Jongin leans his head away from Kyungsoo and the elder can see a small smile form on Jongin's face.

That's good. I'm glad.”

The small smile turns into pursed lips as Jongin looks down, away from Kyungsoo. Seconds go by in silence and Kyungsoo starts to relax a bit.

J-Jongin-”

The younger leans in and rests his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo swears his heart skips a beat at the sudden action and he becomes thoroughly confused as to what Jongin is trying to do. The smaller curls his fingers into the sides of his denim jeans, grasping at something to hold on to.

Jongin, What are you doing?”

Jongin nuzzles into Kyungsoo's neck and breathes out, blowing his warm breath onto the side of Kyungsoo's neck. Kyungsoo doesn't tense up or shiver at this. Instead, his small hands travel up Jongin's front torso and clutch onto the younger's shirt, keeping him there. Kyungsoo can feel Jongin's mouth open.

Let's stay like this for a moment. Please.”

A deep pressure starts to form in the depths of Kyungsoo's chest. He is filled with confusion and fear. He wants to give Jongin a chance, he really does. Kyungsoo hates himself for being so scared of getting hurt. He wants to let Jongin into his heart, but the fear inside of him is too much for him to suppress. The weakness of being unable to overcome his fear makes Kyungsoo hate himself even more because, in the end, regrettably, he is also inflicting pain on Jongin. Kyungsoo hates to admit it, but Jongin's reputation of being a 'player' does little to assure him, to convince him, to take the risk of falling in love again. It only adds to Kyungsoo indecisiveness of trusting Jongin completely. The elder feels a knot starting to form in his throat due to his frustration and he is all but ready to cry as his hold on Jongin's shirt tightens. In a moment of need, Kyungsoo tilts his head forward and rests his head on Jongin's shoulder. He surrenders himself to his feelings and to Jongin. Kyungsoo inhales the smell of Jongin's colonge and relishes in the warmth radiating from the other. Kyungsoo wants this. He wants to feel the younger close to him, just like now. Kyungsoo curses himself for being so weak.

Neither of the two know how much time passes in this moment. Neither of the two really giving a damn, anyway. All they care about is the closeness of one another. They shut the entire rest of the world out, until they're the only two left.

Jongin, however, knows that this moment, doesn't mean anything has changed. He knows Kyungsoo still hasn't given him an answer. Hell, he knows that Kyungsoo still doesn't have an answer. So, as much as it pains him, he pulls away and cups Kyungsoo's face with his right hand, forcing the elder to face him. A worried look forms on Jongin's face as his wipes a tear away from Kyungsoo's face with his thumb.

Why are you crying?”

More tears fall from Kyungsoo's eyes as he bites his lower lip and looks down. Jongin tilts the elder's chin forcing him to look up at him.

Please don't cry, Soo. I don't want, me, to be the reason for your tears.”

Jongin tries to get Kyungsoo to stop crying, but his words only serve to break Kyungsoo down even more. It pains the younger to see the smaller cry, so he envelops him in his arms and holds him close. He rubs his hand up and down Kyungsoo's back in an attempt to calm him down. When the elder has stopped shaking from all the sobbing, Jongin turns to whisper into Kyungsoo's ear.

I'll give you all the time you need. I'll give you all the space you need. I would be lying if I said I'm not hoping for you to give me a chance, but...if in the end...you decide that you're not ready to give your heart to me, that's okay. For me, it's enough to just have you by my side, even if we just stay as friends because...”

Jongin let's go of Kyungsoo and brings his hands to cup both sides of the smaller's face.

because I...love you.”

Through the tears, Kyungsoo can see the pained expression on Jongin's face as he struggles to declare his love for the elder. Kyungsoo can be nothing, but surprised at this point. He most definitely wasn't prepared to hear those words from Jongin. Kyungsoo swallows the tight knot that has formed in his throat and opens his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by Jongin leaning his head towards him. The elder closes his eyes expecting to feel Jongin's lips on his. He doesn't. Instead, Jongin places a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead and pulls back enough to whisper those loving words one more time. This time with more confidence.

I love you, Do Kyungsoo.”

Jongin let's his hands drop from Kyungsoo's face and begins to move away, leaving the smaller no other choice but to release his grip on the younger's shirt. Kyungsoo reluctantly lets go not wanting Jongin to leave just yet. He feels an emptiness in his heart start to form as he watches Jongin walking away from him and disappearing into the living room.