A Friday In December

Hypnotized

 

Do Kyungsoo bought his ticket for the dance performance 3 months ago. It was to be held at a grand theater that night at 8 pm. Luhan had convinced him to purchase a ticket so he could accompany him to watch the performance. Kyungsoo's friend had become infatuated with one of the dancer's in the program and badly wanted to go see him in person. Not that he hadn't already seen him. Luhan had recently become interested in dancing and decided to enroll in a class, which is where he met his 'soul mate'.

His name is Oh Sehun. He wasn't the dance instructor of the class but rather the assistant. He arrives too early, like two hours, before his real dance class and ends up helping Luhan's instructor with the novice dancers. He is tall and handsome with ridiculously beautiful fair skin. Not to mention his silky light blonde hair that reflects the light of the dance room into something reminiscent of a halo.

Of course, all that information coming straight from Luhan's mouth. Kyungsoo was not at all surprised to find out that Luhan had stayed after class many evenings, waiting for Sehun, just to see him dance. The younger called Luhan out on his stalking but the other refused to admit that what he was doing was wrong or against the law, for that matter. Luhan preferred to call it 'research'. He was 'researching' the person who he was considering as his potential future husband. Kyungsoo had never met or seen Sehun so, he couldn't confirm or deny Luhan's description of the dancer. He knew not to expect too much considering Luhan could get a bit....over dramatic with the things he grew to like.

The warm reds, oranges, and yellows of the autumn leaves had all but disappeared from the trees as the days grew colder. The leaves had already abandoned there place on the branches of the trees, falling on to the cold hard concrete of the sidewalk. White snow filled the streets transforming the city into a winter wonderland. Christmas lights had already been put up on the store windows and around the trunks of trees that wrapped around to intertwine onto the barren branches. The pristine white snow sprakled under the light of the moon on that night as Luhan and Kyungsoo walked their way to the theater. Kyungsoo opted for black sweatshirt with a black overcoat over and a dark blue scarf, while his friend went with a long, deep red blazer and a white scarf. Luhan's attire seemed to be more festive than Kyungsoo's did. It was apparent that Luhan was in a good mood and if you couldn't tell at first glance, then it would suffice just to observe the way Luhan walked on with the slightest bounce in his step.

Luhan would not shut up about how excited he was that he was finally going to see Sehun perform. He went on and on about how fantastic and utterly amazing Sehun was when he danced and moved his body in ways Luhan didn't even know the human body could be moved. Kyungsoo had tuned Luhan out somewhere between 'You should have seen Sehun when he moved his hips in a way...' and 'He has such a perfectly firm...'

Two months ago, Luhan was telling Kyungsoo all about the new tall Chinese guy that had joined the college basketball team at their school. Luhan had insisted on going to all the basketball games that month. Even going so far as to create posters cheering on...What was his name again? Oh right...posters cheering on Wu Yi Fan. They only went to the games for that month since the following month, Luhan had visited the new cafe that had just opened up down the street from their school and laid eyes on the barista.

Luhan had said that the barista with the chubby cheeks and pointed eyes was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. He quickly forgot about Yi Fan. The weekly Friday games were exchanged for weekly coffee 'study sessions' at the new cafe. Kyungsoo had heard all the obsessed jargon from his friend before, so he didn't pay much attention to Luhan's current rambling. Whether it was a basketball player, a barista, or a dancer, all the information was more or less the same. 'He was the most this', 'the most that'. A month from now it would all be the same, only with a new face, body and occupation for Luhan to focus his attention on.

This month it was Sehun's turn to be the object of his best friend's affection and as such, Kyungsoo was tagging along to watch the dancer's performance at the theater.

Kyungsoo didn't mind accompanying Luhan to all the places his 'love' interests were to be present. It's not like the younger had any plans made for his Friday nights anyway. He was not at all like his best friend with regards to his social life. While Luhan was more of a party-goer and enjoyed being the center of attention and loved to talk and make new friends, Kyungsoo was calmer and more reserved. He would rather spend his Friday nights watching a movie or reading a good book. That is, until Luhan decided to stalk or research the potential new men in his life. Which, again, Kyungsoo didn't mind tagging along in 'helping' with his friend's 'research', it did him good to go out for some much needed fresh air once in a while. He also, made sure Luhan never went beyond just observing the guy he was after. Who knows what Luhan could be capable of if Kyungsoo wasn't around. Stalking was one thing, touching was a completely different issue.

The snow crunched underneath the soles of Kyungsoo's black leather boots as he and Luhan continued to walk the path towards the theater. Thankfully the performance didn't require the attendees to dress in formal wear, Kyungsoo didn't think he would have gone to watch otherwise. It was too cold to be wearing dress shoes outside this time of year.

They finally arrive at the theater, fifteen minutes before the show is too start. Both Luhan and Kyungsoo give their ticket at the window and proceed inside to find their seats. They're at the third row from the front. It was at Luhan's insistence. He just had to have a seat closest to the front to be able to see his 'man' perform, but he also wanted a seat where it didn't seem obvious Luhan was there to see Sehun as well. So, third row from the front seemed appropriate.

For the first time in the twenty minutes it took the duo to get to the theater, Luhan is quiet. Kyungsoo thinks it's due to the all the excitement the older is trying to contain in his small slim body. He is proved right when he watches his friend's body tremble, in what he can only assume is anticipation, as the dark red curtains begin to rise; prompting the start of the long awaited dance performance.