"There is no reason. I just do."

No Reason, Just Like That

            "Why did you leave?"

 

            Tao looked up uncertainly, still fiddling with his fingers.

            It was shortly after the awards and he just couldn't forget the moment Kyongsoo changed his seat with Taemin. It had hurt. From the beginning he had liked Kyongsoo, although he couldn't speak a word Korean at that time. Just to talk to the boy with the big eyes he had tried his hardest to learn the language as fast as possible. And from the first second onward Kyongsoo had hated him.

 

            Tao just didn't know why.

 

            "What do you mean?", questioned the asked boy.

 

            "I tried to talk to you. You ignored me. And you changed seats with Taemin."

 

            "What, can't I even go to friends to talk to them?", the older one snapped.

 

            "No, that's not... It's just... Why do you hate me so much?"

 

            The Chinese boy's voice was small, his head hang low. It hurt that Kyongsoo snapped at him.

            A humorless  laugh left the smaller boy's lips and his smile was as cold as ice when Tao looked up.

 

            "Tao, sweetheart. There is no reason for me to hate you. I just do. I just detest whatever you do. It's almost fun to look at you, trying to do something to please me. Like a lovesick puppy."

 

            Slowly he lay a finger under the younger one's chin, lift it up after Tao had hung his head again, looked him dead in the eye.

 

            "It's amusing to see how pathetic you are. How you try and try and try and you realize every time that I don't care about what you do or what happens to you. And still. You just can't stop trying harder every time."

 

            Tears threatened to spill over Taos eyelids as he heard the hurtful words of his band mate. He didn't want to cry. Didn't want to seem even more pathetic. Didn't want to give him the satisfaction to see him broken.

            When he turned around, lost the feeling of Kyongsoo's soft fingertips on his chin, he didn't make a noise. He didn't sob, shake ore make any other indication that the older one might have broken his heart. He also didn't react to any of the other people in the practice building greeting him. He walked up the stairs to the roof and when he reached it he closed the door securely behind himself. Standing in the middle of the roof he closed his eyes, tilted his face towards the blue sky and screamed as loud as he could, the people below him on the street no doubt hearing him. Then he ran towards the fence surrounding the roof and threw his mobile phone over the edge, with as much power as he could.

            Kyongsoo had bought it for him as a present in the first days when everyone had tried to cheer him up because he had missed his family in China. No doubt he had only done it because the others had asked him time over time to help them cheer the youngest Chinese up. But it had been everything for Tao.

 

            Now this everything was over.

 

 


 

Actually, I wanted to end this with Tao jumping from the roof and killing himself. But then I thought he should have a chance of a happy ending (and I didn't want my friend to kill me...). So, yeah. This is a little bit depressing. My mood isn't the best right now. I'm living alone for the first time and I feel pretty much lonely all the time, although I'm meeting up with friends all the time. I still have to get used to this.

So, got inspired by this video from some awards, or something. I don't know which one it is, but if you are interrested in the video, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6cWn2y3Mhc