I love you for eternity

I'll love you for eternity

Hello Armystar here with my first ever one shot. Please tell me if you enjoyed it ^>^

I think it's my longest piece yet ^.^

 

Enjoy~~~~
 


His dual katanas cut through the aliens like butter as they fell one by one. His katanas were covered in their blue blood as he faced the endless number of aliens who were racing towards him with their own weapons glinting in the moonlight. He let out a deep sigh as he faced the next line of attackers. To his left, he could hear the constant whiz of arrows leaving from Hongbin's bow and striking them between the eyes. He focused back on the incoming wave of monsters who refused to let up or feel any regret. He jumped back into the fight with his blades when a sudden buzz came through his in-ear connector. Hakyeon who sat at base, sent a message through the connection to everyone on the battle front.

 

"We have sent EXO as reinforcements. VIXX and Karen retreat from the field. Have a safe trip back my darlings!"

 

'You freaking idiot. Why are you our team leader?' He let out a sigh once more before he continued destroying the aliens. He continued fighting until he heard a voice for behind him. "Yo Leo, you can go now we're here. All of VIXX have been told by EXO, but I don't know if Karen knows. Anyway, see you back at base."

 

"Thanks Kris. See you and the rest of EXO back at base."

 

Kris and Luhan took over Leo's place and unsheathed their weapons diving into battle together, taking down all the aliens with their machine gun and short swords. Leo slowly back tracked before heading over to where Karen was fighting her own lot of aliens. He called out, "Karen! We got a retreat call. EXO are taking over. Let's go."

 

"Okay. I'm coming."

 

She backed off, shooting a few more bullets into their heads and running over to the helicopter ladder around 100 metres away. Karen and Leo grabbed the ladder before the creatures could catch up to them. As soon as they grabbed the ladder, the ladder began to be pulled back into the helicopter and flew away from the battlefield. Ravi and Hongbin were already on the helicopter back to base.

 

"Hyung, how were you? No injuries right?"

"Yeah, no injuries."

"You too right, Karen?"

"Tired but fine. You guys are alright right?"

"Yeah we don't have any injuries."

"That's good."

 

The helicopter  went silent once more. Everyone too fatigued to talk and one by one they fell asleep on the way back. Karen had fallen asleep first, unaware that two of the members were watching her sleep with a caring look on their faces. By the time they had arrived at base, everyone was deep asleep in the back of the helicopter. Hyuk turned around from the driver's spot and called out to the members at the back. "Hyungs! Wake up we have arrived. Karen, wake up!"

 

Eventually, Hyuk failed in waking anyone in the quartet and walked back into base where Hakyeon was waiting for everyone. "Hyukkie~ Where are Ravi, Hongbin, Leo and Karen? Ken arrived with Bigflo, survived but he was cut quite deeply in the arm and he can't fight for a while."

 

"Damn. I'm glad he's still alive though.  We are a person down but it should be fine. Hyung, could you wake them up please? They won't wake up."

 

Hearing Hyuk's words, Hakyeon skipped over to the helicopter, and jumped on Ravi and Hongbin.  "Yah! Wake up! You can go sleep back in your rooms. Get up now!"

 

Hongbin and Ravi were shocked awake by the sudden weight in their laps and Hakyeon's loud voice which echoed through the helicopter. Leo woke up from Hakyeon's continuous yammering, shooting him a death glare before turning his head to look at Karen who was leaning against his shoulder and still sleeping.

 

"Leo pick her up and place Karen back in her room or wake her up now."

 

Hakyeon left the helicopter with Ravi and Hongbin following him out still half asleep. Trying not to wake her up, Leo scooped Karen into her arms before leaving the helicopter and heading for Karen's room, both still in full armor with their weapons on either side of them or on their back.

 

He placed her down on her bed before taking her weapons off and placing them on the stand on one side of the room. Taking off her armor, Leo placed it into her chest and pulled her covers over her body before giving her a final check over left the room. Outside her room, he saw Hongbin leaning against the wall. "Is she alright?"

 

"Yeah" Leo replied.

"That's good. I still don't know why Hakyeon-hyung left her by herself."

"She's back safely which is the main thing."

"That's true. I probably wouldn't be able to stand it if she had gotten hurt."

"You…. Never mind."

"I'm going to sleep. You should as well hyung. Good night."

 

Hongbin walked back down the corridor to his room soon followed by Leo who went off to sleep as well.

 

The next morning, everyone gathered in the cafeteria, either in their pajamas or their underclothes from yesterday because they couldn't be bother to change last night. Karen sat yawning on the table with breakfast in front of her. Someone sat in front of her, placing their own tray down on the table. Karen opened her eyes to see Hongbin smiling at her, in his pajamas. "Good morning Karen."

 


"Good morning Hongbin."

"Still tired?"

"Yup. How were you yesterday, Hongbin?"

"I was fine. Not too many things which weren't normal."

"That's good. I'm glad you're safe."

"I'm glad you're safe as well."

 

Hongbin blushed at Karen's words before focusing on eating his breakfast. Hakyeon sat down next to Karen. "Good morning Karen. You should get more sleep."

 

"Hyung, she was sleeping like the dead like five minutes up after she boarded the helicopter."

"Sorry, I was really tired after yesterday. I woke up back in my room with my armor and weapons off. Who came placed me in bed then?"

"… I don't know."

 

Hongbin refused to meet her eyes and automatically changed topics. "Karen, do you want to train together later?"

 

"Sure. 3 o'clock in training room 4?"

"I'll see you then."

 

Hongbin took his tray, returned and left the cafeteria looking happy. Karen soon followed, heading to the library once she was finished. Hiding herself in the corner, she grabbed the book about Earth before the alien invasion. Falling into the peaceful world of cars, technology and a whole lot of hot/cute/handsome guys singing and taking the hearts of teenaged girls.

 

Karen had gotten to the part about Asian music when she felt a presence in front of her. She looked up to see Leo right in front of her, waiting rather than interrupting her time reading. "Would you like something, Leo-oppa?" Karen questioned the silent man who stood before her.

 

"No. Just making sure you are okay."

"I am. Is everyone else okay?"

"Ken was slightly injured but will be fine after a few months."

"I see. What time is it?"

 

Leo replied after a having a quick check at his watch. "15 minutes to three."

 

Karen quickly stood up from the comfortable couch before placing her book back and turned to Leo. I have to go train. I'll see you at dinner." She walked past Leo and out of the library, on her way to training room 4 to meet Hongbin.

 

Leo breathed out a breath he had been holding from when Karen walked past him. "Why can't you ever spend time with me? How long will I have to watch you from the shadows?" He breathed a sigh once more before heading off to his room to spend time by himself, away from the nagging Hakyeon.

 

Hongbin arrived in the training room 4 to see, Karen stretching and warming up before they began sparring. He walked in and sat down beside her, starting to warm his body up for the hard training which would happen for the next few hours. They stretched for another 10 minutes before opening the weapon cabinets. The four walls slid up to show a countless number of weapons covering the walls. Whilst choosing their weapons Karen called out to Hongbin asking "Yes guns or no guns?"

 

Hongbin looked back to Karen before answering. "No guns, unfortunately these walls aren't bulletproof plus we don't want either of us to be injured besides bruises. We already are a member down. Choosing their weapons, Hongbin and Karen each stood in opposite corners of the room, tension slowly building as they waited for the opponent to let down their guard or attack first.

 

Hongbin was holding a single sword in his hands whilst Karen held dual knives. Hongbin ran towards Karen with his sword held high above his head like he was going to cut her in half starting at her head. She raised both blades to block before she parried his sword and attacked herself aiming to slice his neck. The continuous dance of blocking and attacking between the two continued until Karen turned around Hongbin hit him in the middle of the back with her elbow and using the sudden moment when he was unguarded, knocked the sword out of his hands. Pulling his legs out from underneath him, Hongbin fell to the floor and Karen landed on top of him with one dual blade against his neck. "Your loss." She smirked before getting off him and leant down to help Hongbin up.

 

Taking her hand, Hongbin got back up. "Thanks." Without any warning she was suddenly pushed backwards by Hongbin onto the floor. The circumstances had suddenly changed with Hongbin on top of her with a dagger against her neck.

 

"One important rule when fighting the enemy. Never turn your back on an enemy until they are definitely dead." They could both fell each other's breaths washing over one another as Hongbin still lied on top of Karen. His eyes became focused on her lips and slowly began to lean down.

 

Karen's breath slowed as her eyes slowly as he continued to lean closer. Just before their lips touched, taking them to the endless beauties that one could only imagine of. The trance was broken by a rapid knock on the door of the training room. The broke away from each other just in time to see the door be slammed open by Hakyeon in his normal overly hyper state.

 

All Hakyeon had seen once he entered the training room was  Hongbin and Karen lying next to each other still panting from the hard workout they had just gone through. "Hello my beautiful members~~~~ I, your beautiful leader have come to tell you it is time for dinner and announce at dinner when your next shifts on the battle field are. Be sure to be there soon. Well I'm going ^.^" As fast as he had entered the training room, Hakyeon left and they could hear him singing songs while skipping down the corridors to where ever he needed to be next.

 

Karen and Hongbin soon got back on their feet and went to separate rooms to wash. "I'll see you back in the cafeteria Hongbin-oppa."

 

"See you soon."

 

Everyone had gathered in the cafeteria including EXO who had returned early in the morning. Beast were missing from the cafeteria meaning that they were either on the battlefield for tonight or they were all wiped out which is a sad thought but had already happened several times with several groups like B.I.G, Block B and 5urprise. VIXX, Karen and Bangtan were all sitting together on the long table eating dinner and have simple conversations about life and hobbies. Not a word was breathed about the battlefield as everyone hoped that they weren't first on the roster for the following week.

 

When dinner was just about finished, Hakyeon ran and jumped onto the makeshift stand in the middle of the cafeteria. "Hello everyone. I have the new timetable for the next week. So this week, we will be running on 6 hour shifts, from 0300 to 0900, 0900 to 1500, 1500 to 2100 and 2100 to 0300. Better than last weeks 9 hour shift no? The first team to leave is Big Bang followed by TVXQ, 2PM, SHINee, CNBlue, Got7, Winner, Red Velvet, F.T.Island, Super Junior, 2AM, Cross Gene, F(x), U-kiss, Alphabat, Teen Top, Hello Venus, EXO, VIXX + Karen, Infinite, EXID, Ladies Code, Girl's Generation, 4minute, Beast, BtoB, B.A.P and Secret. That is all. I'll see you soon. The people who were injured, there is no way you are going this week. On good news, I would like to say that we have pushed the aliens back by a few kilometres. Have a good rest. Beast will be back at 0300 so Big Bang, please be prepared to leave by 0230. The helicopter will leave at 0245 sharp. "

 

A tension passed through the cafeteria before everyone left to either prepare or get plenty of rest. Four days passed too quickly for VIXX and Karen and soon, they were suited once more in armor awaiting their destiny once more. They all boarded the helicopter and attached their in-ear pieces to hear the crackle of connection and then, Hakyeon's voice through the ear piece. "Hello VIXX and Karen. Can you hear me?"

 

"We can all hear you loud and clear."

"That's good. EXO can you also hear me?" An answer was passed through the ear piece and all 12 voices of EXO could be heard saying the same thing.

"We're all here."

"Seeing as everyone is here. The change will happen in 12 minutes. VIXX and Karen will enter as reinforcements and EXO will be brought back to base. Clear?"

 

All 17 voices all echoed Hakyeon's over the connection. "Clear!"

 

The helicopter soon took off from base and soared over the sky to the battlefield. Not knowing what was going to occur, everyone waited in silence. Not even Hakyeon made a joke as he knew the terror that grasped everyone's heart when they were inside the helicopter about to face death right in the face.

 

Several minutes later, Hakyeon's voice echoed for a final time announcing the words that the warriors never want to hear. "Drop off in 3…2..1…" The bottom of the helicopter opened and VIXX were sent flying into the battlefield. Running towards EXO who were still fighting hard.

 

"Reinforcements are here. Go now to the helicopter. Run!" Listening to their words, EXO ran back and grabbed the ladder, escaping death for another week. VIXX and Karen stood , weapons in each hand, diving into the fight from the moment that they had arrived.

 

Ravi was holding up with his two machine guns, nailing the bullets into each alien's head and not letting even one bullet go to waste. Hyuk was fighting alongside Ravi with his Bazooka, which blasted off the heads of at least 4 aliens each time he fired the heavy gun. Hongbin was shooting arrow after arrow still not brandishing his sword or the short knives he had strapped on his back. Leo continued fighting with his katanas loping the heads off aliens who had the courage to attack him. Karen had her two short swords in either hand, the quiver of arrows and bow covering her back outside of her armor.

 

Hours past and the time for reinforcement change was slowly approaching, bringing more hope to the survivors on the battle field as they fought for their lives. Finally, Hakyeon's voice could be heard. "Hello VIXX and Karen. Can you hear me?"

 

"We can hear you loud and clear Hakyeon."

"The next change is being prepared. Infinite will arrive in 12 minutes."

"Roger that."

 

Finally letting out a sigh of relief, everyone let out breath before diving in for the last few minutes until they were picked up and taken safely back to base. The sound of the helicopter could be heard as they fought.

 

"VIXX, you can retreat now. We're here. "

 

Infinite began to attack just as VIXX and Karen retreated in one fluid movement, however no one expected the single alien to break through at that specific timing.

 

The alien charged at the closest target with his sword held determined to kill or at least injure them. Hongbin aimed towards the alien but it was already too late. The alien the sword through Karen's stomach from the back, making her freeze in her spot as she felt the sword inside her body. She looked down to see the tip of the sword covered in blood, her blood.

 

She felt the sword scrape back of her body as the alien was killed by Leo who was closest to her. Leo caught Karen as she fell forwards out of breath and quickly loosing blood. He began running to the helicopter which hand landed to help transport Karen back to base as soon as possible. Leo boarded the helicopter with Karen still in his arms and the plane took off once they were inside, not even bothering to see if everyone was strapped in and whether the door was closed.

 

Karen's breaths began to become short and fast as she tried to hang on to consciousness inside the helicopter. Leo refused to hand her over to the others, keeping her close to him as he and Hongbin worked to stop the bleeding. Karen held her hands over Leo and Hongbin's trying to stop them. "Leo-oppa, Hongbin-oppa stop… I'm going to die anyway… We… All know… That their… weapons are… covered in poison… Just… leave me be…"

 

"We are not giving up on you Karen, no matter what you say."

 

Tears began to flow from her eyes as she watched the duo attempting to stop the bleeding and yelling at the driver to transport them as fast as they could back to base. Karen slowly reached up to her neck before ripping her necklace off and placing it in Leo's hands. "Oppa… thank you for... taking care of me... You… were always there… when I needed you…  I love you." Leo attempted to place the necklace back on her but stopped when she continuously raised her hand weakly, trying to stop him.

 

Karen turned her head to face Hongbin who sat in front of her, with both hands covering the wound which was bleeding through the material and into Hongbin's hands as well as the rest of Karen's shirt. "Oppa… Take this…" Karen held out the ring she always wore on her finger, the one which her parents had given her before they had gone missing in action, with the first appearance of the aliens. Hongbin tried to place it back on her finger but she pulled her hand back, preventing her from placing the ring back to her.

 

"Oppa. Thank you... for being with me... with when I had no one... That includes you... Ravi-oppa, Hyuk and you as well... Hakyeon-oppa. I love you all… I'll meet you... somewhere when there... are no problems or troubles... I truly love you all... and that won't change... one and on until eternity."

 

Karen's head fell limp and they could not hear the sound of her breathing or detect the rise and fall of her chest.

 

"Karen? Karen? Can you hear me? Oi, wake up Karen!"

 

Leo and Hongbin tried to wake her up but no amount of shaking was working. Just as the helicopter touched down at base, they jumped out of the helicopter, carrying Karen to the infirmary even before the helicopter's engine was switched off.

 

Inside the infirmary, Sunmi was aware of the situation and was awaiting their arrival. Leo placed her down on the bed and attempted to resuscitate her, but the poison had already spread too far around her body, leaving her body ice cold and stiff.

 

Finally accepting the death of their comrade, Leo and Hongbin walked out of the infirmary in shock. Nothing would bring her back from the dead.

 

Finally breaking out of their shocked state, tears began to fall silently from their eyes as they walked over to the main hall where the rest of VIXX were waiting for them. "Is she alright? Where is she?"

 

"It was too late. The poison had spread too quickly."

"You mean she's?..."

 

Everyone went silent with the news from Leo and Hongbin. Everyone stood frozen like Hongbin and Leo were but Hakyeon quickly broke out of the trance and ordered his subordinates. "Prepare a funeral for Karen to be held as soon as possible. Go now!"

 

A few days later everyone who wasn't on the battle field stood in black clothing, honouring the dead whose body was brought back by others in their troop. Leo walked up to the coffin and looked at Karen who seemed to be in a peaceful sleep. If only that was true. He placed down a letter, hiding it from the view of others with another white rose before he allowed Hongbin to walk up to the coffin to say his own goodbyes. Hongbin placed a red rose next to her face vowing to eradicate every last alien as revenge.

 

"We'll avenge you Karen, no matter how long it takes. For know remember that you are the only one in our hearts for eternity."