Fangirl

CNBLUE Christmas : One-Shot Collection

     "K-pop isn't even bad," she said. "We'll have a lot of fun at their concert. Come on, Krystal, don't be a grouch."

     "I'm not a grouch. I don't want to spend Christmas Eve at some lame boy band's concert," she spat. "I don't care if it's good music. Christmas is the time to be with family."

     "Aren't I your family?" Jessica asked. "Mom and Dad are working today, and they told me I can go. Either I go with you, or I'll leave by myself and let the other ticket go to waste."

     "What?! You can't just waste money that way," Krystal complained. She stood up to meet her sister in the eye. "If I go with you, will you promise me that you'll never force me into one of these again?"

     "Technically, I really didn't force you," Jessica pointed out with a smirk. "You agreed to come with me."

     "Why are you so mean?" she pouted, plopping back on her chair. "I'm not gonna go."

     "The ticket is worth $270," Jessica said in a sing-song tone. "You're gonna waste that?"

     "Technically, I'm not wasting it," Krystal shot back. "You are." 

     "No, you are, since you're refusing, like a child, to come to a simple concert with me," Jessica said, walking to the exit of her little sister's room. "So be ready by four o'clock. The concert starts at six."

     "What?!" she squeaked. "When did I ever agree to this?"

     "You never had a choice in the first place," Jessica shouted from her room. "Mom and Dad told me to take you. I just wanted to see how you would react to it. Hurry up and get ready."

     "Are you serious?" Krystal protested. "Why would you even do that?"

     "It's funny when you're angry," Jessica said as she walked by her room. "I call the bathroom."

     "At least let me use it first," Krystal said, walking to the hallway.

     "No way," Jessica replied, closing the door to the bathroom. "I wanna look good. These tickets are the best ones."

     "I'm not even gonna have time to shower after you spend an eternity in there!" she grumbled.

     "Well, you can't stop me now, can you?" Jessica chuckled.

     Such cold love, Krystal thought.

     Since it wasn't near four o'clock yet, she decided to pass time by messaging her friends with her phone. Every second ticked by quickly, and soon, it was four, but time doesn't stop when you want it to most, so four became 4:30 P.M. Jessica finally came out of the bathroom and found Krystal taking a nap on the ground in front of the bathroom door.

     "Hey!" Jessica shouted. "Krystal, are you gonna go to in pajamas?" 

     "What was I supposed to do while you were hogging the bathroom--shower in the sink?" she growled. "It's about time you come out."

     "Whatever. You have fifteen minutes to shower," Jessica replied. "I wanna get there early, so hurry it up."

     "Why are you so bossy?" Krystal mumbled. "What a perfect sister."

     "You're not a perfect sister, either, so it up," Jessica replied, brushing her hair.

 

     "I still don't understand why you didn't dry your hair," Jessica teased in the car. "You're really wearing a Simpsons shirt to meet the boys of the band?"

     "I didn't dry my hair because you rushed me out the door before I could even grab the hair dryer, and what, we're meeting them?" Krystal asked, her eyes bulging out. "You never mentioned that we would meet them."

     "Of course," she replied. "I won backstage passes as well. But that's okay. The boys love the Simpsons."

     "Who are we seeing?" Krystal asked suspiciously. "Am I going to like it?"

     "You're gonna love it," Jessica replied. She turned into an empty space in the parking lot and parked the car. "Your life will never be the same after this, trust me."

     Krystal ignored her sister and stepped out of the car. A sea of people, mostly female, were swarming the entrance of the building, and many of them were screaming uncontrollably. Oh my gosh, how do these girls live with themselves? she thought. They're so loud and obnoxious.

     "You enjoying the scenery?" Jessica asked, placing her arm around her sister's shoulder. "You'll be one of them soon."

     "I really don't want to," Krystal replied. "Those people are screaming for no real reason, and it's kind of sad that they're in love with people they can't even meet. Why are they wasting their time if they probably know it themselves?"

     "Because it's fun," she said. "Those fangirls love CNBLUE, and so do I. They were the first boy band that I really really liked, and we get to meet them today."

     "I guess, but what's the point?" Krystal said. "It's not like they're going to remember every single fan they meet. Is it really worth it to be a...fangirl?"

     "The experience is worth it," Jessica replied. "The nonstop screaming whenever you see their picture on social media, the untouchable feeling you get when you listen to their music, and of course, there's the comeback to look forward to."

     "It just sounds like a lot of work for nothing," Krystal said. "Why waste the time and energy when you can get a real boyfriend that you can actually love for his personality?"

     "Fangirls don't love their idols in the hopes that they might one day get married to one of them. At least some of them don't live with that hope," she added. "We love our artists because of the hard work they put in to writing and composing beautiful music for everybody. They're attractive, lovable, and their muic is so emotional and beautiful."

     "That still seems like a big deal over nothing," she said, staring at a poster one fan decorated. "CNBLUE or whatever is a really weird name."

     "It stands for 'Code Name Blue,'" she replied, snickering at her sister's reaction. "Every member of the band is described with one letter from the word blue."

     "Um, that's really awkward," Krystal said, raising an eyebrow at her sister. "Oh, let me guess. Their fan club is this quirky and unique name that only fits for them, right?"

     "Boice," Jessica simply replied.

     "What was that?" she asked. "Boice? What does that even mean?!"

     "Blue voice," she chuckled, analyzing Krystal's expression. "It's supposed to symbolize the importance of fans to CNBLUE as a voice is important to a singer. Blue voice. Boice."

     "I give up. Let's just get this over with," Krystal sighed. "I'm getting a headache just taking this all in right now."

 

     Jessica woke up the next day and remembered the amazing time she had with Krystal the last night and laughed at how much Krystal changed from being a grouchy troll to a screaming fangirl. She got up to walk to the bathroom but caught her little sister sleeping in a deformed position. One leg was next to her torso, her face was on the bed, arms were stretched out, and the other leg was covered with a blanket.

     "Krystal, wake up," Jessica said, shaking her sister. "Krystal, it's Christmas!"

     "No, let me sleep more," she grumbled. "I'm so tired."

     "I see you thoroughly enjoyed the concert," Jessica said with a smirk. "You thoroughly enjoyed it. Am I right?"

     "They're so handsome," Krystal muttered into her pillow. "The drummer, the bassist, the lead singer, and the lead guitarist--how can they all be so gorgeous?"

     "Told ya," Jessica laughed. "Who's your bias?"

     "I don't know, I don't know, how can anyone choose?" she replied, rolling over onto her back. "Yonghwa, Jungshin, Minhyuk, and Jonghyun are all so nice, and they loved my shirt. Minhyuk is the most handsome, and Yonghwa is so hilarious when he acts like a child."

     "Like a child, just like heaven, heaven," Krystal sang, completely out of tune.

     "Oh my goodness, I've turned you into a monster," Jessica chuckled. "How does it feel to be a Boice?"

     "I love every second of it," she replied. "Kang Minhyuk, Lee Jungshin, Lee Jonghyun, and Jung Yonghwa gained a new Boice, and I'm so happy that I'm a fan to my idols, which is just as significant as a voice is to a singer."