Mothers Know Best

Mothers Know Best
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – I lost interest in the beginning and gained it half way through…does it ever happen that way with other people? Probably because I have been doing so much angst these days that getting into comedy again was hard. But the transition has been made!!

Anyhu…hope u like it

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed for the umpteenth time as he looked around his empty apartment. He was supposed to be attending an arranged marriage meeting later today and when his boyfriend had accidentally heard him arguing with his mother on the phone about it last week, he had blown up in a fit of anger and had matched right out of the front door and had gone off to his parents place.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t even get a chance to explain.

 

He was also left wondering if uke’s could PMS too.

 

The whole week Kyuhyun had tried calling him and had had all of his calls forwarded to voicemail. He tried approaching him at work but his boyfriend’s secretary always said that he was either busy or out but Kyuhyun knew his timetable better than his own schedules and knew that is was a load of bull. Even though his boyfriend was a top notch lawyer and was busy most of the time, he still made time for Kyuhyun and his own family. There was only one reason why he was doing this.

 

He was angry at him, Kyuhyun knew that and try as he might he just could not get him to forgive him. But then, it was not Kyuhyun’s fault really.

 

Kyuhyun did try to refuse his mother but Heechul was not someone to be denied – EVER! Even his father Siwon had a hard time controlling him; most of the times just letting him do whatever he pleased while profusely apologizing to his son for not being man enough to stand up to his ever so vivacious wife.

 

This time, Heechul wanted Kyuhyun to meet the ‘most adorably cute boy I ever met – which he didn’t really meet because Heechul had just seen a picture when he was visiting his childhood friend Jaejoong’s home and had happened to chance upon his sons picture and had instantly fallen in love with (the picture) the boy. At least that’s what he had told Kyuhyun regarding how he found out about the boy.

 

Jaejoong was of course overjoyed with the idea of tying their friendship in stronger bonds and had instantly agreed.

 

And Kyuhyun, the supposed groom, had no say in it.

 

Kyuhyun had begged, pleaded, thrown a tantrum (Heechul had thrown a bigger tantrum) and even stamped him foot like a child but it all came down to nothing. That’s right. Heechul would not change his mind for the life of it and Kyuhyun found himself with a text stating the date and venue of the supposed meeting and a threat to have his balls cut and stewed should he dare to miss it or even be late.

 

He did not want a marriage without love. And he had no intention of agreeing to something he did not want.

 

And therefore Kyuhyun got ready with a heavy heart, stepping out of his apartment with every intention of refusing the offer and then going to find his boyfriend at his parents’ house - something he hadn’t done before because he was afraid of them (there was this story in college that Eunhyuk’s father had made a guy pee in his pants when he had gone to his house to ask Eunhyuk out) and valued his life very much. How bad could it be right? The father would shoot him or something and he could possibly use the sympathy from his boyfriend to get him to come home again – should he survive at all, that is.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun parked his car in the underground parking lot before making his way to the restaurant that was located on the top floor of the same building. Usually he found elevators to be slow and dragging but today it seemed to work at light speed and Kyuhyun found himself standing all too soon in front of the gleaming glass doors of the restaurant where he was supposed to be put on display.

 

Sighing once again, Kyuhyun walked in, announcing his name to the maitre dean and immediately was ushered to one of the private rooms in the back. He saw his mother and father sitting on one side of the table adorned in crisp white sheets with golden and royal blue swirls daintily stretching along the edges in a beautiful finish. There was a third empty seat beside them and he knew it was meant for him.

 

That was the throne in which he would be sold to the highest bidder…which was right now his mothers best friend.

 

He made his way to the table and dared himself to look at the other family on the other side of the same table. There sat a man he had often seen on TV as the Commissioner of Police, whose family had always been hidden from the limelight in fear of bringing danger to them and Kyuhyun gulped in fear as he saw the stern gaze directed his way. He bowed a little in panic and a little in awe before his eyes moved to the one next to the Commissioner, his wife. This must be his mother’s friend.

 

He looked a little gentler…well a lot more gentle. He had a wide, kind smile and pretty dimples and Kyuhyun found himself wondering how the hell did someone as sweet looking as that become friends with an evil person like his mother. He also wondered how in the world did the scary looking commissioner snag someone like his wife but of course he would never ask that out loud. Who knows, maybe the Commissioner was packing a gun and Kyuhyun sure as hell wasn’t going to give him any reason to want to suddenly test it.

 

Must be one of the unexplained mysteries of the world…

 

He then shifted his gaze to the person he was supposed to meet, the one who had given him so much grief, the one who had caused his mother to rant on and on about how much of an ungrateful son he was and also who caused his boyfriend to walk out without even giving him a chance to explain that he had all intentions to say no to this union.

 

And he chokes on his saliva.

 

Quite pathetically too might he add.

 

There was adorable wide cat like eyes looking up at him, fair milky smooth cheeks tainted with a dash of pink and plump kissable lips parted in a slight gasp. His jaw line was distinctive and he had high cheek bones. His hair was a pretty blond and formed little clouds around his face, making him look soft and cute. Kyuhyun found himself staring a little before remembering the ‘grief he had suffered’ once again and he resumes his glaring at the boy.

 

It surprised him though that the boy glared back.

 

Dafuq?

 

He bowed again to the trio before sitting down, immediately having his mother latch an arm through his, “And this is Kyuhyun, my lovely son. Isn’t he handsome?” Kyuhyun fought an urge to roll his eyes at his squealing mother, his voice amicable and dripping honey like nobody’s business, the same mother who had just spent the morning screaming and screeching on the phone for him not to miss this meeting or say bye-bye to his precious jewels.

 

The boy across the table did however roll his eyes, which apparently went unnoticed by everyone except for Kyuhyun who was starting to look like he had eaten something bad.

 

“Hello Kyuhyun. It’s nice to finally meet you after hearing so many good things about you from your mother. I’m Jung Jaejoong,” The mother of his partner-to-be said gently to Kyuhyun, “and this is my husband Yunho,” arms gently touching the bulging muscular forearm of his husband who glared some more at Kyuhyun and then winched. Kyuhyun was sure that Jaejoong probably stepped on his foot or something – now he knew why he and his mother were friends – they were both controlling little freaks wrapped in pretty packaging.

 

“Sorry honey,” Jaejoong said as he smiled again at Kyuhyun after sending an intense glare at the Commissioner, who seemed to have pouted but Kyuhyun wasn’t sure because it was gone just as quickly as it had come and the man was back at glaring at Kyuhyun, “He doesn’t seem to realize that his baby is not a baby anymore and will soon become somebody else’s baby.” Commissioner was grinding his teeth now and Kyuhyun was feeling more than a little hot under his collar, “And this is my son Eunhyuk.”

 

Kyuhyun watched the boy glare at him once more before bowing slightly, stiffly and then look down at the tableware as thought they were the most interesting thing in the world.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the pretty man in front of him, almost daring him to look up when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter