I'll think about it

I'll think about it

               Kai gets back on his feet, laughing loudly after landing in the thorny bushes because of  Sehun. It’s been a while since they could play around a little bit like old times. For the last two weeks they were on constant watch out, considering there was a pack of wolves moving through their territory and it looked like they were planning to stay. Kris and Suho had them up 24/7 running on patrols. He didn’t mind that. He gets it, it was a threat, the foreign packs are never friendly. It always leads to bloodshed, his alphas know that very well.

               Now that everything has calmed down, everyone’s acting far too stupid for their ages. Well… Sehun and him can be excused. It hasn’t been that long since they officially stopped being pups, but even then Kai can feel an intense stare following him everywhere. It’s not that he feels uncomfortable with it. It’s just that he thinks it’s unnecessary. He knows that stare very well and it bugs him when the owner is worrying for nothing. He looks over to where Kyungsoo is sitting with Chanyeol, right now peeking at a piece of paper that the giant is holding in his hands apparently explaining something to Kyungsoo. They settled down on a grass with a guitar not too far away from where he was standing, so he could hear they were discussing Chanyeol’s idea for a new song. Their lead fighter has an incredibly unusual hobby, to play and compose gentle love pieces, for someone who goes berserk while in a fight. Kai frowns seeing how Kyungsoo grabs the fighter’s fingers and drags his hand away from the strings, strongly opposing the sound.

-  You’re so obvious, dude…

-  What? – he turns to Sehun and sees him staring with a meaningful look. – What?! – he says louder this time, irritated. His friend raises his hands in a surrendering gesture.

-  Hey, I’m just saying. You looked like you were going to bite his head off…

-  No I didn’t.

-  Oh, yes you did. And don’t argue with me because… !

                 Kai jumped on Sehun, causing them both to stumble on the grass. He knows very well that Sehun is aware of his feelings and he doesn’t want to talk about them. The fight began all over again, this time without landing in the bushes. What doesn’t mean it went all that beautifully. After wrestling a bit, Sehun had the upper hand and pushed Kai on his back, which resulted in a thud and a whine of pain.

-  Woah, are you okay?

-  I guess… - Kai answered, rubbing the back of his head. He felt something was not right and looked at his hand. It was covered with blood. – Or not… - he whispered and lost his consciousness.

 

                                                         *

 

                  He woke up to a sharp pain that was splitting his head in half. He hissed and tried to get up but a very not delicate hand pushed him down. Someone was bustling around him, walking fast, moving things from place to place. It was really hard to focus on one thing and his mind finally registered that it was way too bright for what he could take right now. A quilt he was laying under wasn’t big so when he pulled it over his head to cut the brightness off, his feet said hello to the room. He whined and curled himself in a ball.

-  Don’t act like a kid, will you? – the quilt was brutally ripped away, causing a shiver to go down his spine. He opened his eyes and saw Kyungsoo standing beside the bed with a murderous face expression.

-  H-hyung…

-  Don’t “hyung” me here. Do you know how reckless you are? And Sehun too. You’re not pups anymore. How could he not see that rock?! It was huge…! – the small man talked agitated, while Kai looked at him in shock.

The doors to the room they were in opened and Lay came in. He eyed D.O and sighed.

-   Kyungsoo could you please go bring me some clean bandages? I forgot to take them. – a calm and friendly smile appeared on his face as the man passed by him.

-   Thanks, Lay. – Kai said, relieved.

-   He’s right though. He could have said it a little bit gentler but it’s understandable since it’s you. - The boy looked up at the pack’s healer, confused.

-   What does that mean? – Lay raised his head absentmindedly.

-    What?

-    What does it mean that it’s understandable because it’s me!

-    Oh. Did I say that? – the healer looks around nervously.

-    Yes, you did!

-    Ah, it’s nothing really. – Kai looks at his hyung with disbelieve.

-    What do you mean it’s…

-     Lie down, it’s not good to get angry while you’re like this.

-    Than why did you…

-    Shhhhh….

 

 

                      A week has passed and Kyungsoo was still either not talking to him at all or throwing some stingy comments. Kai had no idea what to do in a situation like this, especially since it never happened for this long before. There was a time when he got hurt during a fight with a foreign pack and Kyungsoo was just as moody, but it went away really quickly. It really is bothersome when the petite wolf doesn’t speak to him. He gets all worried and uneasy, like there’s something completely not right and he can’t take it.

                      This time he can’t even eat in peace, feeling a heavy stare on him and an ominous hunch something is going to happen today. And as if to confirm his thoughts, Kyungsoo says:

-    Can’t you eat like a human? You’re at the table for heaven’s sake. – Kai stopped chewing on his chicken, looking completely lost.

-    Hm? I’m eating normally, why would you…

-    Don’t talk with chicken in your mouth, ugh! – everyone at the table went silent, nervously looking at Kyungsoo and then at Kai. The last swallowed the food.

-    What is it with you lately, hyung?! What did I do?!

-    Hmph… - the older one got up with his plate and headed to the kitchen.

-     Oh, no. You can’t ignore me! What’s your problem? – Kai also got up and followed.

-    You’re my problem! – a towel flew across the kitchen and landed on the dark haired boy’s face

-    What? – he asked, not really following. His feet took him near the boy that was leaning on a kitchen counter with his hand massaging his temple. He looked really tired and stressed.  The image made Kai’s heart melt from worry. – Hey, hyung. What is it? Tell me…  - he grabbed D.O’s hand and pulled it away. It was smaller than his and delicate.

-     I’m sorry. It wasn’t very nice of me to…

-    No, it’s fine. Nevermind that. What’s wrong? – Kyungsoo looked up at him with seriousness in his big eyes and Kai did not expect what came of out his mouth.

-    I like you. – his heart started beating faster.

-     You…like me?

-     Yes.

-     That’s the reason for your mood?

-     Uh… yeah… - the younger boy looked at his hyung with neutral expression for a while.

-     Where the hell is the connection? Why did you act like you wanted to kill me, while in fact you liked me?!

-      Because I was worried and you didn’t listen to anyone! Just recklessly running around like an idiot with no regard of your health! And besides! Why are you yelling at me?

-      Because I like you too and you made me think you hate me!

                      Kyungsoo opened his mouth in shock, trying to say something, then closed it after a while. Kai clamped his fists not knowing what to do now, but he didn’t have to think for long.  D.O grabbed his neck and pulled him down for a kiss, that was nothing like a nervous, first kisses always are. It was full of emotion, happiness and passion. They were both panting like they just ran a few miles after pulling away.

-      Don’t do things like that ever again, ok? You have no idea what it makes me go through, hyung. – Kai said, resting his forehead on Kyungsoo’s.

-      I’ll think about it. – the older one said with a playful smile, leaving Kai in the kitchen.

-      What? Hey, don’t just go away! Come back!

-      Hahaha!