Endings

Selfless

Baekhyun was scared. His wrists were tied up above his head and he actually had to stay on his tippy toes to prevent his wrists to hurt more than they did. He tried to adjust his body in order to get more comfortable but it only made his body hurt more. He had been there for a couple of hours. Two guys had put him there, neither of them were the ones who usually beat him up and that little fact hadn’t been comforting at all. Why, all of a sudden, had Sooyoung trade her little minions? A little part of him wanted to believe that it was a coincidence; the other was starting to believe that he wouldn’t be alive by the end of this.

In his mind, he replayed the moment where they had come for him. If he closed his eyes, he could see it as if it was happening in front of him; they had been waiting for them in a little street on the way to the bakery, one of them had grabbed him by the throat, cutting almost completely his air supply and when Tao tried to move to help him, he had been hit on the temple with something and knocked out in a second. Then they had thrown him into the trunk of a tiny little car and drove away.

He was worried sick about Tao. He wondered if the younger was okay, if he was hurt, if he had reached the dorms or even of someone had found him. He hoped and prayed that his friend was okay.

He didn’t even want to imagine how Sehun was feeling, he wished he could hug and comfort his boyfriend but if he could do that, his boyfriend wouldn’t needed to be comforted in the first place. He smiled bitterly at the irony of his own thoughts.

The sound of Sooyoung’s voice made him look at the entry of the warehouse kind of building he was being held on.

“Are you awake, sunshine?” Seeing the boy’s eyes wide opened, Sooyoung clapped. “You are! That is lovely, that way I don’t need to be dramatic and throw you a bucket of water or something. That would be too cliché!”

“Why am I here? What do you want with me? What happened to Tao?”

“One question at a time dear, what do you want me to answer first?”

“Tao, what happened to him? Tell me, please!”

“I like you manners, saying please and everything. That is nice, sunshine. Tao is perfectly fine. My men saw him going to the dorms, he was just a little disorientated. Also, he must have talked with your lovely friends, Sehun has been calling me a lot, but I haven’t answered yet.”

Baekhyun felt a knot on his throat at the mention of Sehun’s name and he honestly felt like he could cry; how he craved his boyfriend’s arms around him.

“The other questions I can only answer that you shall see in time. Now, I have a serious question for you: how bad do you want to talk to your prince charming?”

 

 

 

 

 

For the first time in ages, Kris seemed to be at loss; Sehun had destroyed the living room in rage and despair when he found out that Baekhyun had been taken. Thankfully, the maknae didn’t blame Tao, who was distraught enough, sobbing his heart out in Junmyeon’s and Yixing’s arms.

The others weren’t okay either; Chanyeol was sitting on the couch with his knees pulled up to himself and Jongin was sitting next to him, biting his lip to exhaustion and Jongdae, who was serious for once, had to restrain Kyungsoo from marching right to SNSD dorms.

Minseok was standing next to him, looking deceptively calm; Kris could the oldest male gripping the cellphone, which he had been using to try to contact Sooyoung, with such force that his knuckles were almost white. Kris grabbed the other’s hands in his own and Minseok gave him a glance. He smiled slightly at the older male before turning to Sehun, noticing the younger boy punching the wall.

“Sehun, calm down, please!” Pleaded Junmyeon.

Sehun turned to him; his wild, reddened eyes only conveyed a portion of the anguish the boy was feeling.

“Calm down? You want me to calm down?” The laughter that he let out was something so dark that even Kris almost reeled back. “She took Baekhyun. She took the person I love away from me. I don’t know where he is and I don’t know if he is okay and you want me to calm down?”

“I know that you must be feeling horrible but he need to keep calm and collected.”

“You know nothing about how I am feeling, so save your bull for yourself.”

Junmyeon was about the say something but the cellphone on Minseok’s hand rang and Sehun almost tackled the tinier boy in order to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Sehun, darling how are you?”

“Cut the crap Sooyoung! Where is he? What have you done with him?”

It’s wonderful to hear from you too. Baekhyun is fine, just hanging out, quite literally actually.”

“I swear to you, you lay a hand on him and I’ll kill you.”

I am sure that you can, however I can assure you that Baekhyun is fine. I’ll even let you talk to him, just to prove how nice I am.” Sehun held his breath when the silence came from the other side of the line, only to breath in relief when he hear his boyfriend’s voice. “Sehun? Sehun? Are you there?”

“I’m here Baek! Are you okay? Did they do anything to you?”

“I’m fine; they didn’t to a thing so far.”

“Tell me where you are?”

“I don’t know. I wish I could tell you but I don’t know.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll find you, I promise you that.” Tear slowly started to fall from Sehun’s eyes at this point.

I know. You always find me.”

“I love you Baekhyun.”

I love you too. I love you so, so much.”

“I know.”

Sehun…”

Baekhyun’s voice faded away and Sooyoung’s voice came through the speaker.

“See I am a very nice person. Your little knight is fine.”

Maybe it was Sooyoung’s mocking tone or was the situation itself but Sehun completely broke down.

“Give him back. Please, give him back. Whatever you want I’ll give you, everything! Just give him back to me. Just give me Baekhyun back. Give me my love back.”

He knew was making a show, Minseok had rushed to hold him as he collapsed, on his knees, on the floor. He was sobbing horribly and hearing him was positively heartbreaking.

On the other side of the line everything was eerily quiet; after some minutes of silence Sooyoung’s voice was finally heard again.

See you Sehun.”

The dial tone reached his ears but Sehun couldn’t care less, he was too busy sobbing in Minseok’s embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared at Sooyoung. He had heard Sehun’s words and cries. Tears were streaming on his face; his boyfriend was hurting so much and he pained him.

“Why are you crying sunshine?”

“Why are doing this to him?”

“For no reason really. It was just something to amuse me before I deal with you.”

“What are you going to do?”

Baekhyun watched Sooyoung wandering around for a bit before she actually answered his question.

“I am going to release you.” She stated in the most serious tone he had ever heard from her. “I didn’t intended for you to be here in the first place but let’s face it, I couldn’t talk to you without all those guarding dogs you have. They wouldn’t let me. I am well aware that this whole ‘kidnaping-him-so-we-may-talk’ is very dramatic but I am a dramatic person.”

Sooyoung smiled a little after seeing the confused and shocked look on the others face.

“You see Baekhyun. If there is something that I learned from that boyfriend of yours is that he really loves you. When he said to me that I wouldn't be safe even in hell, I believed him. He is truly capable of doing that because of you. To be perfectly honest, I do a lot of bad things, I am an evil person but, at the end of the day, I’m still a person. I still feel and I crave for myself the kind of love you have and that’s part of the reason for me to let you go. Do you know what the other reason is? I’ll tell you: you are too damn likeable. You have an impeccable sense of loyalty and you never give up. I almost robbed you from your love and friends; I beat you up countless times and make you do the wrong stuff and you never, not even once, backed down. To protect them, you are willing to walk through fire and sell your soul to the devil. That made me realize how much I wish that I could have someone like you in my life.”

Baekhyun was dumbfounded when Sooyoung simply came near him and cut the piece of rope of his wrists.

“You’re free to go.”

“Are…Are you joking?”

“I’m not. You can go; I won’t bother you anymore, as you won’t see me anymore. I know very well that Sehun will show that video to the police, as soon has you are within his reach. He is protective like that but I don’t want to go to jail. In fact, I refuse! So I’m going to simply disappear.”

“Disappear? What are you doing noona?”

Sooyoung chuckled at the panicked expression on Baekhyun’s face.

“Silly sunshine! Didn’t I tell you once to be creative? Death is not the solution! I’m just going far away, when no one can recognize me and I can leave and peace. No more pressure, no more being the second choice, nothing. Maybe I can try to be a better villain somewhere else; heaven knows I did an awful job this time, letting you go in name of love and all that jazz.”

She turned away, with her men after her, and right before she left the building she turned to Baekhyun and smiled, throwing him something.

“Goodbye little sunshine. Let us meet again one day.”

He looked at the object in his hands, a cellphone with a post it with an address. He smiled to himself.

“Thank you noona.” He whispered to no one before dialing the number he knew by heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t really care to hide the tears in his eyes when Sehun burst into the building. As soon as the taller’s eyes rested on him, he marched to Baekhyun and hugged him tightly against his chest, muttering a string of ‘I love you’s’ to the smaller’s ear.

“I love you too Sehun.”

The taller pulled away to scan Baekhyun from head to toe, kissing the sores on his wrists from the rope and the small bruise on his neck.

“Are you okay?”

“I am. I really, really am. You’re here now!”

Sehun smiled brilliantly at the other's words and promptly kissed him on the lips.

 

 

 

 

As soon as they got through the doors of the dorms, Baekhyun was hugged by all of his friends, who were beyond ecstatic and greatly relieved. He made sure to give Tao some extra cuddles as the boy was still feeling bad about not defending Baekhyun better, crying and hiccupping until Junmyeon came to cradle him in his arms, cooing at him.

He sat them all on the living room and told them exactly what Sooyoung had said to him. Most of the boys were distrustful, believing that it was a lie but Baekhyun had a feeling on his gut that Sooyoung was being truthful and everything was over.

At night, while lying on the sofa since Kris was still occupying his bed, all settle up for some much needed rest, Sehun held Baekhyun tightly in his arms.

“It's such a relief to have you in my arms again! It really crossed my mind that I could have lost you today. I was so scared; I don’t really know how to function without you anymore.”

“It’s over now Sehun.”

“You really think that she isn’t planning something? That this is the end?”

“I do.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“My Baek-senses are telling me so. Trust me!”

“I do. I trust you wholeheartedly. Because you are my baby Baek and because I love you.”

“You’re such a cheesy little person. But I love you too.”

“Good.”

Sehun cradled Baekhyun’s face gently but the kiss he pressed on the other’s lips was anything but; full of passion and desperation, as if the boy was trying to convey all his feelings in once kiss, making Baekhyun whimper.

They parted when they heard someone clear his throat at the doorway.

“I really happy that both of two are safe and in each other’s arms, love is a wonderful thing; I commend you for doing love not war, but guys, less whimpering and please! We need to sleep.”

Baekhyun hid flushing face on Sehun’s chest while the other glares at the newcomer.

“Leave us alone Jongdae! Go to sleep!”

“I am trying! You won’t let me.”

Jongdae threw his arms in the air and left grumbling and muttering to himself. Baekhyun peeked at Sehun and the taller found it so adorable that he kissed his tiny boyfriend again.

“Goodnight Baek. I love you.”

“I love you too Sehunnie. Goodnight.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next few weeks were wary at best, everyone was still doubting Sooyoung’s words and Baekhyun wasn’t allowed to be left alone at any moment. Despite that, everyone seemed to be back to their usual happy, laughing selves.

However, one day, Kyungsoo called them all to the living room: on the TV was a reporter talking about how SDSN was dealing after one of their members went missing, leaving no trail.

“So, she did disappear?”

“I guess so.”

There was a strange silence and the air that was soon broke by Jongdae.

“Kyungsatan, hug me! The news left me feeling sad!”

“Go sit on a cactus!”

“But a cactus would be as prickly as you!”

“That’s it! I’m going to kill you.”

Jongdae, seeing the murderous glare sent to him by Kyungsoo, was quickly to run around the room with Kyungsoo on his tail.

Minseok and Kris were observing everyone from other room. Everyone seemed happy; Yixing was currently serving as a barrier between Kyungsoo and Jongdae; Chanyeol and Tao were cheering on them, adding to the chaos, Jongin had challenged Junmyeon for a game, while the poor leader seemed to be at a loss on whether to accept the request or calm Kyungsoo down. Sehun and Baekhyun were on their little world, talking softly and trading kisses, perfectly content in each other’s arms.

“I think we can finally breathe now.” Commented Minseok before moving further into the kitchen and sitting on the countertop.

“I think so too.” Agreed Kris standing in front of Minseok. “This could have gone way worse. Thankfully, the woman grew a conscience at the last hour, as it seems.”

Minseok nodded while swaying his feet back and forth.

“And to think that this started because those es didn’t told a soul about their relationship.”

Minseok lifted an eyebrow in Kris’ direction.

“Aren’t you quite the hypocrite? Aren’t you in a relationship as well?”

“I am but luckily my man has been perfectly fine loving this hypocrite. For quite a long time may I add.”

“He’s a saint then! Imagine having to bear with your self-centered for the rest of life!”

Kris approached Minseok to stand between the boy’s legs.

“Oh? It’s forever now?”

 “Of course it is!” Minseok smile while wrapping his arms around Kris’ neck. “You’re mine for eternity.” And he leaned forward to kiss the taller.

Unbeknown to them, Sehun and Baekhyun stood in the doorway watching them.

“You owe me some wons!” Exclaimed Baekhyun gleefully.

Sehun groaned and fished his pocket for some money.

“How did you even knew?”

“I caught them kissing in the bathroom the other day plus Kris told me a while ago.”

“Little cheater.” Sehun pecked Baekhyun’s cheek while handing him the money. “Do we tell the others?”

“No! Let them be. I had enough drama for a while.”

“Agreed!”

They glanced at the couple in the kitchen, who was still occupied, and then at each other.

“Soo…Want cuddle in my bed while Kris isn’t there usurping it?” Asked Sehun while grinning to a giggling Baekhyun.

“I’ll race you!” 

And while runnning, with his boyfriend behind me, Baekhyun thanked Sooyoung in his mind. She might have taken a lot from him but what she ended up giving him, even without meaning, had been the most perfect gift of all.




A/N: And there it is! Final chapter...I don't know if I should laugh or cry! I really want to thank to all of you, who read this, who subscribed, who commented, who upvoted. You didn't have to but you did and I am trully thankful for it, for your awesome words and support. You are THE BEST! 
Someone actually asked me for a sequel and I already something in mind. so let's see...
Have a wonderful, fantastic, perfect day.
Hugs for all of you! <333