001 - The Bubble Starts To Pop

With The Last Gasp

  The Bubble Starts To Pop 001

 

 

About five years had passed Sehun and Luhan graduated from college and entered the adult-world.

It wasn't that easy to talk until midnight like they were used to.

They both started to become more and more busy as they chose their jobs.

Luhan was a psychiatrist-to-be while Sehun started his career as broker. They were lucky that their college was so big and provided the needed educational directions so they had chance to visit it together.

While Luhan had to study two more semesters on another university near their flat, Sehun could start earning good money. Both were working hard and trying to climb up the career-ladder.

It was a pity that they couldn't see each other until evening but they promised each other that the own future was important too.

But now they saw each other like never. When they came home they usually weren't able to talk a lot anymore so they just went tiredly to their bed and fell asleep.

Luhan couldn't even remember when he really hugged his boyfriend the last time.

 

Both were just hoping that one day they would be able to live in a normal way again. Lovingly and happy.

 

One day Luhan listened to four patient's problems and tried to work a schedule for them out.

Three of them had normal relationship problems while the last one was really depressed.

Luhan thought about that person as he got himself in the train.

It was a woman in mid-age and Luhan kind of felt a lot of mercy for her. She talked about how she and her husband started to take their own ways without noticing it.

She cried how perfect it had been and how stupid she found their jobs.

 

Luhan swallowed and stared outbound.

It was creepy but somehow it was just their situation.

The woman seemed like she wanted to jump out the window. She had told Luhan that she had two children with his husband. All she wanted was a nice happy family.

Luhan had noted a few sentences about the woman's personality and began to talk to her in a soft tone.

Luhan was worried. He didn't want to end like the woman. He wanted a happy family with two children too.

 

When he arrived at home Sehun was already there. He was smiling. It was a giant smile. Reaching from one ear to the other. Luhan couldn't barely remember when he was welcomed with such a smile the last time.

“Hey Lulu.”

Sehun opened his arms and put them around his boyfriend. For a moment Luhan's worries were blown away.

“Sehun, tell me that you love me?”, he asked and pressed their bodies together.

“I love you. Of course.”, Sehun said and was slightly confused.

“I love you too. Never forget that, alright?”

“Luhan. I have to tell you something.”, Sehun began and bit his lower lip while waiting for his deer to look up.

Luhan's eyes widened in fear.

“Don't worry. It's not bad. I hope you'll be happy.”

Luhan nodded and enjoyed Sehun's hand in his hair.

“I know that you don't work Sundays... And I took that day off...”, he started explaining.

“Well... and... I thought...tha...that...we...”, Sehun blushed and Luhan nodded. Luhan expected something dirty but the following sentences he heard made his eyes fill with tears caused of happiness.

“We could visit the children's home to adop-”

Luhan already jumped against the younger one and gave him a long love-filled kiss.

“Oh my. Oh my goooood. Oh my ing gooooooddd. Really? Like really? You're not joking, right?”, Luhan shouted loudly.

It was around eleven in the evening and the neighbors probably became a little angry but he couldn't care less.

“Yes really. I'm not joking...”

 

 

[...]

 

 

“You're my little princess~” Luhan tapped her nose. She giggled in the cutest possible way.

“Do you love me? Of course you do. Because I love you sooo much~!” Luhan could swear that he saw a slight nod.

Luhan pressed her on his chest and breathed the wonderful smell in. She outstretched her arm and tried to pinch him.

“Yah! I thought you love me.”

“Of course I do~”

Luhan turned around and saw Sehun grinning at him while leaning against the wall.

“How long are you standing there?”, Luhan giggled and walked towards him.

“Long enough to realize your adorable sides once again.”, Sehun answered and gave him a short kiss.

“You know... Everything seems so... surreal.. I can't believe that we are parents now...“, Luhan mumbled and smiled at Sunhee who has started to laugh.

“Sehun! Don't disturb her with your ugly derp-faces!“, Luhan shook his head and grinned.

“Don't you see how happy she is?“, Sehun asked – this time with a normal expression.

“Thank you for all this.“, Luhan said.

“I love you.“, Sehun answered and took his little daughter to kiss her forehead.

Even though she wasn't their natural child it felt like a real family.

 

 

[...]

 

 

Luhan was sleeping as a loud noise pried him out of his wonderful dream in which he was sensually hugging his boyfriend.

Grumbling he opened his eyes and needed a while until he came back to earth. Sunhee was crying and screaming once again.

“Sehuuuuunnn. Could you go make her sleeeepp?“, Luhan whined. It was the third time that his sleep got broken.

Sehun grumbled something not understanable and turned around so his back was facing the exhausted Luhan.

“Sehun. Please.”

No answer.

Luhan sighed angrily and stood up. If Sehun didn't want to do something there was no chance to make him move his stubborn .

He left the warmth and tapped to the tiny baby bed next to him. Sunhee was still screaming and crying like it mattered of life or death.

 

Luhan took Sunhee, pressed her on his chest and carried her to the kitchen.

“Could you please be more silent? The neighbors will get angry again!“, Luhan asked stressed out and picked up the little bottle from the table.

“As if you could understand what I'm saying...“

He heated up the little bottle and sighed. Sunhee was still crying.

“Do you even like us?”, he whispered and rocked her softly.

The microwave made a loud noise and Luhan winced before turning around and taking the milk out.

After feeding Sunhee started to laugh and giggle like nothing happened.

“You remind me of Jongin. All you need is food.”, Luhan laughed and shook his head.

That's when he remembered something.

When did he visit some of his friends the last time? They all had been busy until now.

Luhan didn't even know if they were still living in Seoul.

What a pity. He was the worst friend on earth. The last time he met them was when Jongin celebrated his 20th birthday.

Luhan bit his lower lip as he realized that he didn't even know Jongin's actual age. He felt really bad.

Officially I'm the worst friend on earth.

A cute giggle interrupted his self-insult. It was like Sunhee was trying to cheer him up. Luhan smiled.

“I totally forgot about you-” He stopped talking.

“I should really not talk so much to you. I'll make you craz- Luhan. Stop it!”, he told himself and walked to the bedroom again.

Sunhee was yawning as Luhan laid her back into her bed.

 

[...]

 

It was like a long, dirty knife which was drilled through his chest.

What?”

You understood me right.”, Sehun growled and turned his back to Luhan.  It's over now. We are adults.”, he mumbled and walked out of the door.

Luhan couldn't move. He felt emptiness at the place he once had a heart. He couldn't see Sehun anymore.

Was this a joke? A ing hard and absolutely not funny joke?

He gulped and waited.

Luhan waited two seconds.

Five seconds. One minute. Two minutes. Ten minutes...

He waited. Luhan waited for an awakening of this scary nightmare. Everything he believed broke down. The only thing that was left from his dreamworld were a few broken pieces.

That can't be true.”, he whispered and covered his mouth with his palm to avoid the upcoming sob.

Why the hell are you crying?”

Luhan moved his upwards and met his (now) ex-boyfriend's killing gaze.

He had a smile on his lips.

A psychotic smile which made Luhan shiver.

He moved his arms behind back.

Sehun made one move. One fast move...

The big axe divided Luhan's head and the rest of him into two half pieces.

The blood covered, laughing face of his murderer was the last thing he saw.

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan! Wake up! You are crying!”

Luhan winced and opened his wet eyes. What the ?

The scared boy turned his shaking body to the right to stare into Sehun's fear-filled eyes.

“Sehun!”

Ignoring his cracking voice he buried his tear-overflowed face in his boyfriend's chest and started to sob.

“Promise me. You won't leave me, will you?”, he cried and felt warm arms surrounding him.

“I am the last person who would ever leave you!”

The most scary fact was that Luhan wasn't sure.

 

 

[...]

 

 

“Appa is trembling!”, the five-year-old girl spoke out and shoved more Ramen in her little mouth while pointing at the totally pale Sehun.

“Sehun!”, Luhan's chopstick made a clicking sound as they dropped on the table while reaching his small hand out as if it would change Sehun's condition.

Sehun felt weak.

“Luhan...”, he whispered and started to cough.

Sunhee glimpsed and chewed her meal.

“Appa?”, she mumbled and laid her own chopsticks down as well. She jumped down.

“Sunhee. Sit down again.”, Luhan's mind was a mess. He didn't know how to act.

Sehun was breathing deeply in and out while shaking slowly his head. Sunhee was meanwhile next to his chair and caressing his thigh.

“Don't worry my little princess. Appa ate too much ice cream and caught a cold-” A cough interrupted his sentence.

“...And Appa wore only a T-Shirt even though it was veeerryy cold.”, he weakly smiled and patted his daughter's head. Sunhee's eyes were very big and she giggled.

“A cold? That means you are sick!”, she smiled.

The perplexed Luhan did manage to talk again.

“Why are you smiling? Being sick is nothing to be happy about!”, he rebuked here. Sunhee's grin grew bigger as if she was trying to make Luhan angry. With success.

“Let me explain!”, she toddled to Luhan and left her shivering father. She tapped Luhan's arm to get his full attention.

“Appa is always working. If Sunhee wants to play with him he says he has no time. If I want to share my ice cream with him he is not there. He is always in that... auffiss thingy and I can only see him while eating dinner like now.”, she babbled. Luhan raised his eyebrow waiting patiently for her to continue.

“And now that Appa is sick... he can't go to work. And that means we can play aalllll day!” While talking she threw her arms up and down.

Hearing that broke Sehun's heart.

“But Umma is always playing with you..”, he breathed and did his best to not drop his head right into the plate with his untouched noodles.

Luhan blinked, still not able to react in any way.

If Sehun was sick, it never would be so bad that he needed more than some pills and lots of rest.

To see him in such a bad shape made Luhan feel unsure. He never experienced something like that.

His thoughts were supported as he heard Sehun coughing and retching.

 

He felt so useless and left alone. The only thing he could do was looking after his beloved Sehun who just left the room with disgusting noises and his hand covering his mouth.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you for reading.

This is the first chapter of my first fanfiction ^-^. It had another one, but it was long and boring and unnecessary, so I took it out.

I'm updating very unfrequently and I'm sorry.

Chaeyo ♥