What is wrong with you?

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 3 days since Sora requested for an emergency leave from work. She took this chance to recuperate and think things through. Never in her life that she allowed a personal circumstance interfere her work but Leeteuk and work on the same page is definitely out of the question. Sora wanted so hard to maintain professionalism but her body is not in sync with what her brain tells her... more so her heart. Leaving an important task takes her to a higher risk of reprimand from her boss, worse the possibility of getting sanctioned. Sora is ready to accept the consequences of her action.

Time to face the truth. Sora arrived half past 7 am at their main offices and was immediately greeted by her colleague. 

"Hey Sora good morning. Congratulations!" 

Not entirely sure with what she heard,  Sora just smiled and continued to walk inside the office. Another peer of hers congratulated her again "Sora! Well done you!"

Sora could not comprehend the situation. She laid her stuff on her desk and sat on her chair. As she was logging on her computer, her boss approached her.

"Sora, you have done a phenomenal job. The adverts you made were all over the internet and print ads, it will be released soon on television. Our client was very pleased with the result of your hard work. Well done!"

In daze, Sora was very prepared to get fired because of her unprofessionalism. If her memory serves her right, the last presentation was cut off short hence incomplete.

Sora decided to personally thank Leeteuk for not taking matters personally against her and for appreciating her work. On top of that, she reckon an apology is needed for flaring up last time.

*****

Sora waited anxiously at the reception area of the Park Corporation Building.

As Leeteuk finally arrived, Sora immediately stood to greet him.

Sora eyed Leeteuk but he wore a blank icy expression. 

"Mr. Park, I will not take much of your time. I came here to apologize for my unprofessionalism last time. Also, it seem that my marketing proposal was already approved. I sincerely would like to thank you for ..."

"Don't flatter yourself Ms. Kang. It was not me who approved it. I forwarded this project to the members of committee. Nonetheless, you are welcome. I will extend your acknowledgement to my team. If that is all, I will have to take my leave now"

Sora was left dumbfounded yet again. She thought this day could be a step towards his forgiveness but apparently he is an inch more distant.

*****

"I saw her input. They were all spot on and the pros and cons presented were accurate. I don't understand why all the members had to be there at the meeting just to decide what marketing material would work" Kangin protruded as he sat next to Leeteuk in a pub.

"Hyung, did you really think her presentation was not good enough or you let personal matters rule over?" Kyuhun courageously asked Leeteuk. He knows he can get away with any question over his hyung. He is not just his boss but a long time friend too.

"Hyung you were the one who taught us the value of professionalism and not taking personal matters at work. We have been working as part of your team and did our share. Not even once we let our friendship confuse work." Kangin reminded Leeteuk.

"Nothing personal. I just got busy and did not have time to check her work so I handed it over to all of you" Leeteuk lethargically explained.

"Leeteukshi? Oh my! Nice to see you here" Hyorin gleefully appeared from nowhere.

Kangin and Kyuhyun both looked at Leeteuk.

"Hey... uhmm.. nice to see you too. By the way, this is Kangin and Kyuhyun" Leeteuk reluctantly introduced Hyorin to his friends.

In the next hours, Hyorin exerted every effort possible to impress Leeteuk's friends. All night, she digged in as much information as she could to get to know Leeteuk more and did not forget to flash stories about herself too.

Leeteuk could feel his head is starting to ache not because of the wine he has been sipping all night but he is just simply not in the mood to deal with Hyorin's upfront flirting attempts. All he wanted is to relax and be with his friends tonight.

 

Sora sat on the left corner of the pub. She felt the need to ease her aching heart even if the temporary solution is alcohol, she will take the momentary chance to feel numb from all the pain.

Whilst indulging on her margarita, she paused for a moment to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter