6

How a concert can change everything

 

Woohyun's POV

 

Eunkyung and I began to head off to her work. It should be that far, if she works at the carnival it should be close.

We arrived at the bus stop and waited for 5 minutes until it arrived, longest bus ride ever and not just one but two. Eunkyung kept apologizing since she didn't tell me before hand on how long the travel was. Once we were near the closest bus stop to the convenient store it was just a few minutes left till our destination, it may of taken 2 hours but it's alright, I don't remember the last time I took the bus but the last time I did I wasn't wearing a scarf to cover half my face in the summer.

The store was small and a little run down, I have never been in this area of Seoul before though. Before we entered I saw through the glass walls a middle aged with messy hair and clothing pacing back and forth frustrated. When we opened the door his head swung to our direction, I removed my scarf, hat and sunglasses because it was so hot! And if the guy freaks out it’s only one person so it’s fine.

The man stomped over to us and flung his hand up and slapped Eunkyung across the face. What the "I said twelve o‘clock! Not twelve-o-five!" the man yelled with such rage, when I looked over to Eunkyung I noticed her eyes glistening while she was covering her cheek with her hand, still revealing the red handprint from the slap.

"Th-the traffic was j-jammed again" Eunkyung stuttered out the truth but the guy wouldn't take it, “No more excuses. You can forget about getting paid this month, come back at 4 tomorrow for extra work to make up the days you have been away, unpaid" Eunkyung was about the nod until I stepped up,

"Yah! If you do that you will be facing major charges" the guy looked at me intimidated "and who are you?" uh ouch! "you know you don't need to know that!" I sassy, feeling deeply offended. I grasped hold of Eunkyung's hand and walked out, "Hey what do you think you're doing with my worker! If you walk out you’re fired!"

"You can’t fire her, she quits!" I finished and walked a block away from the store to clear my head. "What do you think you're doing?" Eunkyung released her hand, "don't tell me you still want to work for that bastard!?" I said in disbelief.

"No, but I need the money" the corners of Eunkyung's eyes dropped, I softened my voice when I realized that I was shouting at her "what money? The guy wasn't even going to pay you" I reminded "don't worry about the money, you have us now remember so don't work yourself to death, ok" I smile.

It was quiet for a while until a spoke to change the atmosphere "We should get going back now, when's the next bus?" I ask, Eunkyung looked down at her watch for the time "30 minutes"

"ugh~ There is no way I'm going to be waiting for a bus that long and better yet sitting for the next 2 hours" I annoyingly confess, "well I know the area, I can show you around" Eunkyung smiled.

 

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

"Good afternoon Sir, is there anything you're interested in buying?" the female worker bowed when I entered, "this one please"

"ok, come over here so we can help you set it up"

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I return back to the dorm at seven-fourty-five in the afternoon. When I was at the front of my door I look at the box in my hand that was nicely wrapped with a bow before putting into my bag "Uh~~ What's taking them so long~?" I heard our maknae whine, I chuckle at the door before entering "heyo~" I smiled, the guys were usually sitting in the middle of the living room watching TV.

"Did you see Woohyun and Eunkyung on your way up?" Dongwoo asked concerned, "No~?Why?" I'm confused, I look around the room but not a sign of them. Should they be back already?

"I have being trying to contact Woohyun all day but nothing" Hoya told while removing his phone from his ear when his call went to voicemail again, “they left in the morning, they should’ve been back ages ago”

I quickly head back to the door to look for Eunkyung “whoa! what's the rush?” I opened the door to a startled Woohyun, with wide eyes I continue to stare at the both of them confused "where were you two?" Sungjong asked while Eunkyung and woohyun walk right past me.

"Woohyun didn't want to take the bus back, so I should him around town" Eunkyung told when I closed the door and joined them, "Woohyun~ Why'd you be so selfish~!" Sungjong whined while pushing Woohyun.

While I was watching them mucking around I remember something I had to do "hey Eunkyung" I called, "Hm"

I walk up to her while opening my bag "here" I handed her the box from earlier, "what's this for?" Eunkyung gave me a worried look, but I know what I'm doing "your birthday present" I reveal, making all the guys surprised, "it's your birthday!"

"*sigh* I can't accept this" Eunkyung handed me back the box but I refused, "you don't even know what's in it" I smirked, "yeah I know but, you guys are already letting me stay here and accepting your gift will be too much" she continues pushing the box in my hands "if you don't expect the present, then you can't live here" Eunkyung froze as she carefully thought it through, while the guys were silently 'Ooo~ing' in the background.

Eunkyung then makes eye contact with me and innocently chuckles "thank you" she whispered while gently collects the box. Eunkyung began to unwrap the box, she tilted her head when reading the text on the box then opens it and looks at me "but I already have a phone" Eunkyung reminded,

"No. This is a phone, yours is a rock" I told her in a non-sarcastic way, "don't worry I already set it up for you and already added all of our contacts and your new number" I opened up the phone box and handed her the phone.

"So. What's for dinner?" I changed the subject, "pizza?" Sungkyu suggests, "Oo! Hawaii" Dongwoo says in english. Everyone agreed and when Myungsoo and Hoya arrived with the pizza we all watched Running Man until we all pasted out on the floor.