*Bonus Chapter*

How to not fail at your first job. [UNDER REVISION]

Bonus Chapter:

 

*3rd Person POV*

 

It was orientation day and everyone behind the counter was leisurely doing their jobs, Mondays were always slow. Eunhyuk was in the manager's office in the back, the kitchen guys could be heard laughing and joking as they made the ordered food, and everyone was just doing there own thing. 

It was basically empty in the lobby and drive-thru at 3:30pm, seeing as lunch rush just ended. As if on cue, all the front counter and kitchen workers, minus a particular anti-social redhead who just walked out to the bathroom, all congregated in a circle to chat.

"Hyukkie is coming back." N announced.

"Yay!" Hongbin cheered.

"There are actually two others too, both will be making the new maknae line." Ravi said. "The first is Taehyung or V and that kid is weird, like an alien or something. The other is Jungkook, the youngest. He was so cute and nervous, stuttering and all cause this would be his first job."

"Hopefully you guys don't talk about them like this while they are here. It would make then feel awkward." Hongbin sighed shaking his head at his co-workers.

"But Jungkook may not even show up. Suga was rude to him the other day. Flustered the poor boy all to hell." Ravi shot a little glare at the bathroom that Suga had went into. "I don't see why Suga doesn't like him. Jungkook is so sweet and cute."

"Ha, then Leo-hyung is screwed." Ken dodged out of the way of a cup being chucked at him, "Hey, it's true though, when Hyukkie was here you couldn't even ask him to do the lobby- okay, OKAY I WILL STOP! Leo- LEO! PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!" 

"Leo, what did I tell you about stabbing Ken?" Eunhyuk asked with a smirk as he walked up.

"Not on shift or with the kitchen knives..." Leo grumbled with a pout, lowering his arm and putting the knife back on the counter. 

"Good, okay now as far as today goes, don't scare off the new guys. Yes, Hyuk is coming back but the other two are new and I want to be able to show them that you guys are hard working, respectable people." Eunhyuk said.

"So... you want us to lie." Hongbin said with a straight face.

"Ye- no NO, it's not lying it's..."

"Lying, yes we will be lying until the new guys are sure that they are staying." N said with a nod.

"Okay, just verifying- Hi, welcome back what can I get for you this afternoon?" Hongbin cut off, switching to his 'I am happy to be here' voice, pressing a button on his headset.

And just like that everyone went back to their stations to deal with the new crowd of people, Suga coming back just in time to do front counter again.

***

*N POV*

 

"ing salads, why the do people order salads?" I grumbled as I went to the stock room to get more salad bags. That's another thing ing salad bags, why the do they exist? To with my life that's why. I grabbed a handful of salad bags with violence and stormed back to the front to put them in thier holder. I was once again cursing the fact we sell salads when I over heard Suga. 

"So, you got the job, huh?" I looked over at the front counter to see Suga with a viscious grin on his face, sneering at a highschool age kid that looks like he was about to cry. "That means we will be seeing each other a lot more." Suga leaned towards the boy." Isn't that nice?" The kid took a step back biting his lip and my blood boiled. Oh hell no. Suga has gone too far this time. I stormed that way, chucking the salad bags onto the counter, fists clenched and jaw set.

"Suga, what is wrong with you?" I had to forcibly remove 'the ing hell' from the sentence but it was close to coming out. I crossed my arms and glared at the redhead.

"Oh, nothing, N. Just welcoming the newbie." Suga said, a smile on his face. I shook my head. This kid seriously thought I was going to fall for that.

 

"I heard you, Suga. That wasn't welcoming, you just succeeded in being rude to a guest and losing any respect I had for you. I am moving you to the back drive-thru."I said and Suga scoffed. This seriously scoffed at me.

"I told you I won’t work back there anymore." Suga said, putting his face on and crossing his arms as well. I wasn't having it.

"And I am shift manager today and I am telling you to go to back drive. Someone else will cover for you, even if it's me. Go." I pointed towards the back if the store for emphasis and Suga gave me a look that said 'are you ing kidding me?' which in response I gave a look that said ' try me'. Suga huffed then shot the kid a glare, that made me want to punch Suga in the with a chair, before storming to the back of the store. I took a deep breath and looked over at the kid who's eyes were glued to the ground. I felt bad for the kid, he didn't do anything wrong.

"I am so sorry about him. I am N, what is your name?" I said in a gentle tone because the kid looked ready to bolt at any second. He blinked and looked up with wide eyes, a light pink crossing his cheeks.

"J-Jungkook." The boy mumbled, his pouty lips barely moving as he spoke. He was just the cutest thing on the planet. Wait, Jungkook? The new maknae? Oh, goodness Leo was going to die when he meets him.

"Oh my- you must be the cutie Ravi mentioned! You are too cute!" I flailed his arms a bit and squealed before noticing how Jungkook was looking at me with a horribly confused expression. I calmed down a bit and spoke again. "So, orientation is at 5 so you have about 30 minutes, would you like to order something?" Jungkook opened his mouth but his stomach grumbled. The kid blushed even harder and settled for nodding. So cute. I nodded back chuckling lightly. "Okay, do you know what you want?"

"Uhm," He look above my head, his eyebrows coming together slightly as he scanned the menu. He worried his lower lips with his front teeth, his face looking similar to that of a bunny. "I want a chicken sandwich." I snapped out of my staring at him as he looked at me. I glanced at the screen and pressed the button for the right sandwich.

"Is that all?" I asked, finger hovering over the button to finish the order. He bit his lip again, looking conflicted, then tilted his head to the side and finally nodded.

"And one ice-cream cone." He said as if it was the most difficult life decision he had yet to face. I had to hold back from laughing at his determined expression. "Do you have the swirly type?" His expression changed from determined to toddler in the blink of an eye and I couldn't help it. I started laughing.

"Aigoo, this kid. Yes, we do. Is that all?" He nodded and started to reach for his pocket but I stopped him waving my hand and chuckling again. "I got you. It's the least I can do after the way he treated you." I promo-ed his meal off and stuck the receipt in my pocket.  "Go ahead and grab a seat, I will call you over when it's ready." His face broke out into the widest grin I had ever seen and he bowed at me.

"Thank you, N-sshi." He said, god he was cute, and I shook my head at him.

“It’s N-hyung to you.” I winked at him and he smiled even wider.

“Thank you, N-hyung.” He replied rather quietly before walking off to my the far corner and sitting down. I kept an eye on him as I bagged other orders. He put in earbuds bud left one out before opening a book and starting to read. I  turned back the the kitchen.

"Ravi." I called back to the kitchen.

"Yeh?" Ravi walked over to the counter separating the front from the kitchen, wiping his hands on his apron.

"The bunny is here." I grinned and he just looked confused.

"What bunny?" I gestured to the kid.

"Jungkook." Ravi smiled, his eyes crinkling up and I returned the smile.

"Oh, good." He said glancing at the order screen to his right as Jungkook's order popped up and he turned to start the order. I knew it was the kid's because the place nearly empty and there were no cars in the drive-thru.

"Yeah, had to save him from Suga." I said. Ravi stiffened and nodded.

"I thought I heard Suga being a , but that's just him on an everyday basis." I chuckled nodding in agreement as I started putting the salad bags in their holder.

"Yup, a to children at that. So, I sent him to back drive." I smirked as Ravi let out a loud laugh.

"No wonder I felt a disturbance in the force. The he-devil hates back drive." Ravi nishebd wrapping the sandwich and slid it up to the warmer. "Order up, just in time, too. Late lunch rush is starting." He nodded towards to the door. I turned and saw a small family walk in.  I nodded to them and they bowed asking for a moment to decide. I told them to take their time and turned to put Jungkook's food on a tray then moved to make his cone.

"Jungkook, Your food is ready." I called and he looked up before nodding and rushing over.

"Thank you N-sshi-- I mean N-hyung." He bowed.

"No problem." I said, noticing how Jungkook glanced over at the family and blushing as the father looked at him. Jungkook rushed back to his table, head slightly ducked and I chuckled. Cute.

We worked through the rush easily without breaking a sweat. Hongbin came up front to cover lane one and presenting and I did front counter and bagged orders. Ken came back from the deep freezer with more pattiesWhen everyone was served I leaned against the counter and glanced at Jungkook one more time to make sure he was okay. He was still reading but he had one hand holding the book while the other held the icecream cone right in front of his mouth, his tongue poking out every few seconds to it before going away again.

"Isn't he the cutest thing ever." Ravi said, obviously noticing the boy's method for eating as well.

"I know right, Leo will flip out." I said without looking away from the boy.

"Ha ha yup." As if on cue, Leo walked through the side door to come back on shift from his break, struggling with the top button of his shirt before giving up and looking at us.

"Leo will flip out about what?" He asked with a blank expression.

"Nothing." Ravi a   nd I said at the same vtime, definitely not suspicious. Leo looked between us like he was actually going to ask and give a about what we were taking about but then went back to a blank face.

"... OK then." He said before going to punch in.

"YOO-HOO~~!" Someone called from front counter and I turned to see Hyuk waving at me. I smiled wide and walked over.

"Hyukkie! Look at you having a jawline and muscles." I said wagging my eyebrows at him. No, Hyuk isn't my love intrest but, damn, he looked hot. The last I saw him was when he was in highschool and worked here. He was all squish at that point but now he was all angles and edges. "You dyed you hair purple too? You are like a whole new person." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah, my ma says that last spurt of puberty hit me like a semi-truck and she can't believe I came out of her." I laughed at, noting how deep the kid's voice had gotten before catching movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked over to see Hongbin staring at Hyukkie like a fish. Mouth hanging open, eyes wide and an empty bag falling to the floor at his feet.

"You good, Hongbin?" I chuckled as Hongbin flushed and quickly looked for something else to do. "I think someone likes the change." I winked at Hyuk and he blushed, glancing at Hongbin before excusing himself to sit down and wait. Right after Hyuk left a orange haired boy sprinted through the door, skidding to a stop right in front of me, breathing hard. I looked at him questioningly because what the was he running from?

"Pancakes." He said, looking me right in the eyes and my own widened. What the ? How does this toddler faced kid have the voice of a 40 year old black man? 

"I am sorry. What do you mean by pancakes?"

"Do you sell pancakes?" He asked very seriously and I furrowed my eyebrows before shaking my head, hoping that was the right answer. Luckily it was an the boy broke out into a smile... I think. "Great, that means I can still work here. I am Taehyung or V." He said sticking out his hand. Before I could react a voice came from my right.

"Good, V you are here." Eunhyuk said happily, walking up to the counter. We are just about to get started so if you want to go find I seat I wil get you when we are ready. Taehyung, V whatever smiled widely. Well, rectangularly... his mouth formed a box and he looked happy... or insane. Either way he did something with his face and walked away.

Eunhyuk left to finish preparing and I just shook my head.

"Pancakes?"

 

 

 


A/N: Yes yes, I am still alive and well. I have actually not been busy but my writers block was being a so yeah. Here is... Something. I dont even know what happened here but yeah. not promising I will update soon per say but I will update again. Maybe. If my writer's block would be so kind as to go the hell away for more than 30 minutes at a time and perferably when I am not at work. Jesus lol anyone comment and all that stuff, tell me of any typos, cuz I am not editing right now lol. 

 

 

DarkBlossom<3