Chapter 2

The Price for Saving

“Dude, you look like !” Namjoon exclaimed. I gave him a blank look. signalling my disinterest in the topic. He just continued to grin quite expectantly at me and I decided to blatantly ignore his whole presence.

However the little wouldn’t have any of that as he began to tail around me, spouting incessant unnecessary things in my ears, plugging me with various questions and just be all in all, a little er. I tried my best to ignore him but after a couple more minutes I finally exploded.

“Would you just shut up?!” I yelled. I could not deal with Namjoon being an annoying right now. I still had my own problems to cope with. “C’mon hyung. Just one question after that I’ll be quiet.”

I glared at him scrutinizing before grudgingly agreeing to his proposition. “Fine, just one. Anything to make you shut up.” He grinned triumphantly, seeming pleased with himself.

“Who was the hot chick man? Where’d you snag her?” typical Namjoon, always the ert. “I have no idea who she is now will you please shut up?”

“No way! How did she know you then?” I sighed tiredly before shoving a hand in front of his face. “One question only.” I muttered.

“Ahw hyung. That’s unfair!” he whined. “You’re the one who came up with the offer so it up. The point is, we agreed on only one question, no more no less now can you please leave me alone?”

Namjoon pouted and stared at me with big teary eyes. I calmly watched him degrade himself as I faked a yawn before propping my head on my hand. If he thinks I’ll feel sorry for him he’s gone bonkers. There was no way in hell I’ll be falling for that supposed kicked puppy look.  He looked more disgusting than adorable. I’d certainly laugh at the fool who even gives in to that. There was no way in hell Namjoon can pull off being cute.

Finally, after countless long minutes of trying he finally gave up.

“You’re no fun hyung.” he grumbled as he left me alone to sleep. I only grinned at him smugly before burying my head down into the table. I closed my eyes and hoped that everything that just happened was nothing but a ed up dream.

 

 

 

I woke up to the feeling of someone breathing down my neck. I quickly jolted back as I sleepily batted at whoever it was that was bothering me. I squinted my eyes to see that it was no other than, ing Kim Namjoon himself. I was seriously gonna kill him someday.

“Hyung! It’s way past your shift!” I grumbled as I tried to rub off the sleep from my eyes. I took a quick glance at my wristwatch to see that he completely lied. Not only was it still early but it had only been ing fifteen minutes since I took a quick snooze. “Oh off. I barely even slept.”

He just grinned before speaking again. “Oh blimey, really? My mistake. Anyways, at least you’re awake now.” I glared at him. “Mistake my .” I grumbled “It’s your fault! You won’t tell me about that y girl!” he whined.

my life. It wasn’t some weird of a dream after all.

“We had a deal Kim Namjoon. Learn to deal with your , leave me alone.” as always, he conveniently ignored my response and continued pestering me for more details. Finally at my wits end, I grabbed a handful of napkins and shoved it in his mouth. He looked stunned for a while and taking the opportunity, I left him there.

 

 

 

 

If Kim Namjoon thinks he looks adorable pouting, then he has seriously lost his mind. I have never seen someone so fugly in my whole entire life. If he seriously thinks I’d feel sorry for shoving those napkins in his mouth, then his wrong. It felt good ing it inside his mouth. Serves him right for being such a head.

Namjoon deliberately ignored me the rest of the day and frankly, I was quite happy. I was able to complete my daily cat naps and work without being prattled on the whole time. Besides, if you actually think about it, it was all his fault not mine.

He was the one who invited me to his lame party which involuntarily led to my being dinner to some bat crazy of a woman. Then, he tried gossiping like a teenage girl, acted like a brat and annoying the out of me. When I told him to stop, he didn’t like the jerk he is and just because I shoved napkins in his mouth (which was completely harmless, serves him right for messing with me), he acts like a kicked puppy. Like I’m the bad guy here!

So I ignored his little charade and just did my thing. He didn’t seemed pleased with this and it only worked to my advantage. Kim Namjoon was an idiot and he couldn’t hold grudges. Next thing I knew, his clinging to me like an overgrown leech and begging for forgiveness. I brushed him off and told him to do his job. The café was packed with customers today and I was not about to do hard labor for them. them. Make your own coffee lazy s.

He whined but was forced to detach from me when another customer came in and ordered. I continued making “Chanyeol” whoever he was, his coffee. I took a slice of his strawberry shortcake and called out his name for his order. A tall, good-looking man took his order and he thanked me with a huge grin before leaving.

I continued filling out orders when somebody jabbed me…hard. I turned to see that it was Namjoon and I scowled at him. But before I could hit or scold him, he spoke. “Hyung! It’s the chick from the other day!” I frowned before turning and holy cheeseballs! The girl really was back!

 

She was leaning on the counter and from the looks of it, trying to order. I noticed that she wore snug clothes which the male population currently residing in the café, were busy enjoying. I shoved Namjoon out of the way and approached her. I slammed my palm on the menu, blocking her view and growled.

“What do you want, miss?” she smiled at me and straightened out. I noticed the males in the café, following her movement. “Uhm…” she said, pretending to think. “How about you?”

I felt my eye twitch in irritation before snapping right back at her. “Sorry, I’m not on the menu.” she grinned in obvious amusement. “That’s too bad. You do look scrumptious.” I felt my blood boil before I glared at her. “Look, if you’re not here to order anything,” I jabbed at the entrance. “The door is open.”

“Grumpy aren’t we?” she giggled before bopping my nose with her finger. “So cute.” Suddenly she leaned in and gave me a chaste kiss. “See you tomorrow.”

For the second time, she disappeared again just like smoke.