Chapter 1

The Price for Saving

~*~

I shivered under the cold wind as I brought my snapback closer to my head, hoping that it’ll give me at least a bit of warmth. I knew I shouldn’t have stayed up late. Damn stupid Namjoon and his so-called brilliant party.

I shoved my hands in my pocket as I entered the alley closest to my condo. The cold was seriously biting down at me and I struggled to fight the intense frostbite. I just needed to round the corner and I’d soon be home to my warm, warm bed.

I shuffled along with this thoughts barely mindful of my surroundings. I always had this tendency to daydream wherever and whenever I am. I was so into my thoughts that I almost tripped over a motionless figure in the ground.

“!”

I stumbled over clumsy feet as I tried to avoid stepping on the body a few seconds too late. I fumbled and tried my best to regain my balance as I passed the said body. I breathed a sigh of relief, a hand in my chest to calm my rapidly beating heart.

This was really not my day.

After managing to restrain the thumping of my stupid heart, I had the sudden thought to inspect whatever it was that I had almost stepped on. I turned around and cautiously approached the lump on the ground. To my surprise, I found it to be a woman.

I just stood there right in front of the motionless lady, blinking my eyes stupidly as I stared at her. I had no idea what to do. I could either wake up the woman and usher her to wherever she lived but then that would cause me to double the time of traveling for home. Wasn’t I cold enough to even bother about this woman?

For all I know, she could already be dead. Then if I tried to rouse her, my fingertips would be on her. Not really a brilliant idea. Heck, I was too young and handsome to go to some rotten, stinky jail. I don’t even have the money to get a lawyer. Maybe, I should blame Namjoon and name him as an accomplice?

I contemplated and argued with myself until finally, I sighed in defeat. I went closer to the figure and gave a testy shake on the woman’s shoulder. Nothing happened. I gave another shake, harder this time until I saw pretty lashes flutter open.

“Hmn?” the woman faced me and man, was she gorgeous. Then a sly smirk decorated her pink lips and she suddenly flashed sharp fangs.

Like what the hell!?

I gave a shout as the woman latched on me, digging those lethal teeth on my neck tearing through my skin. I felt her feed on me. The sudden rush of blood to the open wound as I started to feel dizzy. So this is what I get for trying to be humanly for once and helping  a supposedly injured woman. I get a hungry vampire instead.

This must be a dream. There was no way in hell there could be a real vampire my blood out right now. I probably fainted from the cold and I’m lying on the ground, thinking of fantastical bull waiting for the paramedics to come find me in the bitter coldness of the night.

Yea, it’s probably that.

Oddly enough, I felt good. The woman was warm and the blood wasn’t actually that bad. Just some sort of fizzy feel to the body. A nice vanilla scent invaded my nostrils as soft hair tickled my face. I closed my eyes and everything went black.

 

The next thing I knew, I had jolted awake to find myself in my room. My neck was sore but when I looked in the mirror, there were no visible marks. I wondered if it was just a dream. That I probably had walked up to my house mindlessly again and dropped dead on my bed. After all, I was still wearing the same clothes I had from yesterday.

However after further inspection, my clothes smelled awfully a lot like vanilla. I stared at the articles of clothing dumbly as I tried to comprehend what was happening.

So it was true?

I shook my head in disbelief but the scent was strong. I probably unknowingly slept with a hooker. That’s probably it. I sighed as I dropped the clothes in the laundry basket. I did not want to deal with this. I still had work and looking at the clock, I was gonna be late if I didn’t move my sorry .

I did arrive late.  No matter the hustling and rushing I did, the street just had to be crammed with people. A minor scolding from the manager and I had slipped into the dreary apron our café forced us to wear. Namjoon stood with me in the counter, snickering at my misfortune.

However a good punch in the shoulder made him shut up. The dingle of the shop’s bell hindered him from further plans of revenge and I gave him a triumphant look before facing our first customer.

“Goodmorning ma’am what would you like today?”

 

The day seemed to drag on and as the clock slowly turned four, I happily stripped off the dingy apron to settle on an empty table with Namjoon at my heels. I slumped on a seat eager to at least get a few more winks of sleep. Namjoon teases me about my catnaps says, I keep sleeping though it didn’t do anything to my height.

I couldn’t care less. I wasn’t gifted with the height so I might as well live with it. No use pondering over the impossible. I was just about to fall asleep when the jingle of the shop’s bell tore me from my almost slumber. I glanced up, curious as of who was the customer. My eyes jolted awake when I spotted a familiar face.

No way.

There standing in the middle of the coffee shop was none other than the girl from my dream. Wavy black hair and tight fitting clothes, smoky eyes and those pink, seductive lips. She gazed around the shop until she met my wide eyed stare. Then she smirked.

She made her way to me and voluntarily plopped into the seat next to mine. I stared at her in disbelief and a tingling, shivering sensation suddenly coursed through my body. My hands went cold and I could feel Namjoon’s questioning eyes on me.

“Well hello there Yoongi.”

“Wha-”

She leaned closer to me and smirked. She gave me a teasing wink before she stood up looking as if she’s about to leave. However she glanced back at me and motioned for me to follow. I found myself obeying her. Don’t ask me why but I just couldn’t find it in me to disagree. So I also stood up to follow her and when I looked back, Namjoon looked shock and bewildered. I was just as clueless as he was, my brain dysfunctional by now.

Nevertheless the astonishment, the dope somehow managed to give me an unsure thumbs up. However, I couldn’t reciprocate the half-assed encouragement because I found myself being dragged and pushed into a musty janitor’s room.

“God, your scent is intoxicating.” the raven haired girl exclaimed, poisonous fangs gleaming surprisingly attractive in the dim lighting.

“W-wait. What is happening??” I spluttered out, prying the girl’s hands off of me. Said girl sighed and lazily traced a finger over my neck, making me shiver slightly.

“Can’t you see? You’re my property now.” she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. She smirked. “Now, to start…”

She took a step forward, mysterious hazel eyes turning blood red. Lithe fingers ran through my skin as our eye contact intensified. The tension hung heavy in the room. My heart thrumming against my ribcage frantically. I have no idea as to why my body was malfunctioning and going against my will.

It should be acting violent right now. Where were my instincts when I needed them? Heck, there was some crazed woman with super cool contact lenses spouting nonsense about claiming me!

My thoughts were cut off when the woman a wet stripe on my neck. I froze as my eyes widened in shock. Then that’s when I felt it, the soft tingling sensation and the metallic smell that pierced through my nostrils.

The same fuzzy feeling enveloped me as the woman fed on me. All rational thoughts escaped me and I closed my eyes and just felt for it. Pleasing rhythms coursed through my body as I felt a smile twitch in the corners of my lips. I brought my hands to her waist and tightened my grip, egging her to go on. I could feel a smirk forming in her lips at my reaction but I couldn’t care less.

The pleasure was clouding my thinking process, jarring me from my usually sensible brain. The sensations was just too much, it was nothing like I ever felt before. But as quickly as it came, it vanished.

I looked down to make eye contact with the girl. She smiled rather seductively before patting my chest and making movements as if to suggest that she was leaving already. I quickly gripped her shoulders to still her. She raised a brow at the hands in her shoulders but was quiet.

“You don’t just feed from me and get away with it.” I whispered darkly. She scrutinized me before she spoke. “And what do you intent to do about it hmn?”

She suddenly pried my hands off of her shoulders and spinned me around so that my face was pressed to the grimy wall. My hand was twisted painfully behind my back as she pressed her lips close to my ear.

“You’re no match for me.” she smirked before she left me there, stalking for the door. She whirled around as she paused in front of the it, fingers wrapped over the door handle. “Till we meet again.”

With that said, she flung the door open and instantly vanished. I quickly pulled the door open hoping that I could still catch the wench but when I looked around, not a soul was too be found.

Just like that she was gone.