Jiyong /is/ sick!

Make Me Better.

Jiyong woke up cold, alone and had a temperature so high he was surprised his hair hadn’t caught fire.

He hauled himself into an upright position and immediately regretted it, unprepared for the unsettling dizziness and the ache in his head that grew stronger as the seconds passed.
“Seunghyun,” he whimpered as he threw himself back down into the comfort of their bed, pulling the duvet up past his chin as if he could hide from the germs that were wreaking havoc on his immune system.

He waited a few moments for a reply before he came to the conclusion that Seunghyun hated him and had infected him with this terrible illness and then left him for dead.
“Seunghyuuuuun,” Ji whined, a little louder this time. The sound of Seunghyun’s footsteps had Jiyong smiling for the first time since he’d woken up.
 “Good morning, baby,” Seunghyun chirped as he poked his head around the door in search of Jiyong, but all he was greeted with was a whining pile of feather duvet and pillows. Seunghyun smiled to himself, running one hand through his dark mess of hair and pulling his plaid pyjama pants up with the other before shuffling his slippered feet over to the bed. 

“What’s the matter, Ji? Are you feeling okay?” Seunghyun perched himself on the edge of the bed, reaching out and Jiyong’s back in an attempt to sooth him. He's seen this more than enough times to know that the whimpering mess under those sheets has either slept too much, slept too little, or just needs a day in bed to whinge and whine over with little things that "just aren't fair!" 

Jiyong dramatically rolled over to face Seunghyun with a pout on his lips.
“I’m sick, Seunghyun.” Jiyong said very matter-of-factly with a nod of his head to convey the seriousness of the situation. Seunghyun however, hadn’t wiped that stupid, perfect smile off his face. He Jiyong’s hair and tucked the lose stands behind his ear, keeping it out of his eyes and Jiyong couldn't help the flutter of his heart. It frustrated Jiyong; how Seunghyun could be all smiles, all the time. Jiyong wouldn't hesistate to bet money that if Seunghyun were to get both his legs broken by his oldest childhood friend while they kicked his dog, he'd just smile and say something like "I'm just glad they're getting their anger out." Seunghyun wasn't a push over, not at all, he just had a tendancy to value other people’s feelings more than his own.

Jiyong pulled the covers up over his head and pushed the pout that still lived on his mouth even further. He was well aware he was wallowing and acting like a child, but everything was heavy and his head hurt and he just wanted it all to go away.

Seunghyun internally sighed. So Jiyong wanted to play the sick card? Seunghyun didn't mind all that much because he was cute when he was needy like this, but he'd rather Jiyong just said he wanted Seughyun to wait on him hand and foot for the day than have him lie to him for some sympathy. After a few eye rolls and a huff or two Seunghyun decided he'd play along. For now. 

“Oh baby, come downstairs and I’ll fix you with some painkillers and hot cocoa,” Seunghyun said as he fought the duvet from Jiyong’s death grip.

“I don’t think my legs will carry me, Hyunnie,” Ji whined, making sure Seunghyun could hear that he hadn’t laid his pout to rest just yet.

“And this bed is too warm and big and com-ooh!”

Seunghyun heaved Jiyong off the bed and into his arms after managing to get an arm in the crook of his knees and worm another between his back and the matress. In one swift movement he was holding Jiyong bridal style and carrying him away from the safe haven of their bed.

“Seunghyun! Seunghyun, put me down! I need this bed, I need this bed more than anything!” Jiyong whined as he struggled in Seunghyun’s grip and reached out in a failed attempt to grab the bed or anything on it for comfort. Jiyong sighed in defeat and gave a weak punch to Seunghyun's back as the latter marched them both out the room and down the stairs. 

“Why do you hate me, Seunghyun?” Jiyong mumbled into the soft skin of Seunghyun’s neck. 
“I don’t hate you Ji, I’m trying to look after you,” Seunghyun retaliated with a light chuckle in his tone as he peeked over Ji’s thighs to make sure his foot was about to land on the next step down the stairs, they’ve had that accident once before and Seunghyun doesn’t want another 32 hour stay in A&E. (His ankle still hasn’t fully recovered from that.)

Seunghyun let out a breath he wasn’t aware he was holding when his feet were safely on the laminate flooring before taking a few shaky steps towards the door between the lounge and the hallway. He noticed Jiyong was trembling slightly in his arms but it wasn't sure if it was a part of his acting (which if it was, he was getting better, bravo Jiyong!) or if Seunghyun's arms were shaking under his weight.

Seunghyun waved his foot around in an attempt to open the door but balancing him and Jiyong on just one leg proved harder than he originally thought, so once he was steady and back on two feet, he used the only thing he could think of to open the door.

“Hey!” Jiyong squealed as his knees came into contact with the door just hard enough to force it of the latch and swing open a little. He leant as far forwards as he could while still in Seunghyun's grip to rub at the assulted knee and glare at Seunghyun whilst doing so. His pout was back with a vengeance.
“Well if you’re no use walking I may as well make some sort of use out of you.” Seunghyun shrugged and schooled his face into a look of nonchalance, his lips drawn into a tight line and one thick eyebrow perfectly arched. He played it well for a good few seconds but the way Jiyong's face went from pouty and cute to pissed and y in a matter of seconds had Seunghyun laughing so hard he would have doubled over if he wasn't carrying his entire world in his arms.

Jiyong just huffed grumpily into the soft fabric of Seunghyun’s pyjama clad shoulder, rubbing his sweaty forehead on his neck. Seunghyun pursed his lips and scolded himself in his head. The trembling and now the sweaty forehead? All signs pointed to Jiyong legitimately being sick and Seunghyun was starting to feel like a complete for not believing him from the get go. This was Jiyong after all, he of all people would demand Seughyun to cater to his every need if that's what he wanted, without any hesitation whatsoever. 
Seunghyun internally gave himself a quick pep talk: 'It's okay, he doesn't know you doubted him at the start so now you just have to look after him. C'mon Seunghyun, you can do this! Jiyong needs you!' So with a shake of his head and a warm smile now claiming his lips he walked them into the lounge. 

“You’ll thank me for this when you’re back to full health and chasing me around the house with a feather duster again. Not sure I’ll thank myself though,” Seunghyun teased over the sound of his slippers sliding across the floor to the sofa.

Jiyong giggled at that and unwillingly unhooked his arms from around Seunghyun’s neck. Seunghyun set Jiyong down, kissing his forehead before running a hand through his sweaty locks and yeah, Jiyong was sick.

And Seunghyun was going to do everything he could to get his baby boy all better again.