Heroine rival

Please Don't Steal His Heart

“That is a great idea! Amber!” The boss said enthusiastically. Almost TOO enthusiastically. He is not fooling anyone, everyone knows that the boss likes Amber. Even Amber herself! Still, he denies any sort of feelings towards his own coworkers. “You’re such a genius, Amber!”

As much as it may seem… weird? I guess that is the word for it. I am in love with my own boss. Well, more like a crush. Admiration, even. Who can resist him anyways? He is basically the male Cleopatra in this whole building! Henry Lau. The cutest boss I probably had ever gotten.

“Thank you for considering my idea” Amber replied with a stoic expression on her face. She left the boss’s office and return to her work area. From where I am working, I can see Boss’s face seem to drop. Maybe he is trying to hard? Oh god, I feel like punching Amber in the face for not acknowledging his efforts! My eyes wander to Amber’s desk to see another coworker, Taeyang. Taeyang is Amber’s puppy. They are basically best friends.

“Hey Amber, still turning down the boss?” Taeyang smirked as he gave Amber a file that is most likely related to work.

“I can’t even believe he is still trying” Amber said coldly as she swiped the folder from his hands and casually sat in front of her monitor.

From then on, they were just having a casual talk.

 

Why does he like her so much?

She is a tomboy and I am much more feminine!

I guess that is his preference then.

Who knew a strict boss like him will turn into mush in front of a tomboy worker.

Even she dressed differently! She wears what a typical tomboy teen would wear! I am surprise how there are no dress codes in this workplace. I on the other hand... A cute shirt and a long skirt. This style of clothing captured the attention of over half of the male workers in the workplace. Why can’t he look at me too?

“Lee Jieun, Please go to my office please” Henry’s sweet voice echoed from the intercom. Me? Oh right! The Project! I quickly grabbed my file and rushed towards the boss’s office with a big grin across my face. Maybe my smile can help me out.

“Hel-“

“What is wrong with you?” Henry growled as he stared straight into my eyes. There are times this cutie face change into a mass murderer looking at his victim.

“U-uh” I stammered. What is he talking about? What have I done wrong?

“I just got a call from the JiangXi Records that you haven’t given them the details on the Lost Project yet!”

Oh crap! I forgotten all about that!!

“Because of your mistake, JiangXi Records is not continuing this collaboration!”

“I-I am sorry, Boss”

“I have given you countless of chances and you still messed it up!” He was screaming. I can hear the footprints of my fellow workers trying to sneak a peek in the raging boss’s office.

“There are times like this where I have to let you resign from this workplace”

RESIGN!?

No! I can’t!

“Please don’t! It is hard to find a job around here!”

“Well that is your problem now is it?” He smirked.

As much as I hate to say this, but damn does he look good with that smirk. I shouldn’t really think about this since my work life is on the line here.

“Boss!” A voice erupted from behind me. No doubt it was the oh-so-elegant Amber.

“Why not listen to her story first?” Amber furrowed her eyebrows as Boss’s once fierce face turned softer at the sight of Amber.

Henry tried his best to focus his eyes back to me before clearing his throat. “Fine… What is your story?”

My story? Forgetting isn’t really a great story since it is probably a guaranteed ticket to unemployment. This can’t be good. I have only one thing to do. Lie. Lie to my favorite boss. After a long story that are filled with both anger and tears, I finished my story and waited for his reply.

For the whole time when I was telling my story, Boss didn’t even glance at me. Just a few side glances towards Amber, who was probably listening to my story.

“You see boss. She is innocent”

Hell no I am not.

“Fine…” Boss said after the heating gaze Amber gave to him. “You can go back to work now”. After his closure, we could here feet scattering from outside, well, I guess they are done snooping. I looked over to Amber and my Boss and I saw they were talking. Boss is much calmer this way. Damn it! Why can’t I be the one to make him happy?