The Show

Surprise Meeting

Finally I was able to get of that damn plane and stretch my long legs. I had always hated long flights since I felt squished in the tight seats but I had always since I can remember loved traveling which was kind of a dilemma to be honest.

Quickly getting of the plane and thanking the flight attendant, I made my way towards the bag pickup point. It was weird, I know, but I always got scared that someone would take my bag by mistake and that paranoid me. There was nothing worse for me than loosing my belongings.  Moving around people that were walking to slow in my opinion, I soon arrived where my bag would appear.

I was one of the first ones to stand there, which was not really a surprise at all and patiently waited. Taking out my phone I tried to pass the time until the luggage would appear and saw the time.

It really was quite late and I was wondering if someone would come and pick me up. I hadn’t heard form my manager, so I didn’t really expect someone to be here.

They knew I could take care of myself since I had been to Beijing often before and well it was my capital city after all.

After a few minutes the band started to roll and the luggage finally disappeared. My bag was one of the first coming out, which was no surprise since I had been one of the first checking in. My manager had been paranoid of me missing the flight and had dropped me of 4 hours early at the airport, making sure I was safely checked in.

It wasn’t often that one member had to represent the whole group in a talk show, and I wasn’t even sure why they chose me but I was going to do my best.

Quickly taking my belongings, I made my way through customs. Even though it was really late the airport was still packed which annoyed me to no extend at the moment since I wanted nothing more than to slip into a warm bed.

Walking out into the welcoming hall I glanced around looking out for a sign with my name on it, even though I still no idea if someone would be here picking me up.

My eyes locked on a sign in the far back where actually my name was written on and I made my way towards the person, glad that I didn’t have to find a hotel that late in the night by myself.

Arriving in front of the person, I quickly bowed in greeting.

“Nin hao, I’m Tao I think I’m supposed to come with you. Please take care of me”

Lifting my head as I heard the person in front of me chuckle I looked at him confused until I recognized him.

“Lu-Gege!”

I screamed out in delight and quickly hugged him close, laughing.

He also laughed and patted my back.

“You were never that formal with me when we were still in the band, why start that now?”

I let go of him and looked at him excitedly.

“Lu-ge why are you here?”

“To pick you up of course you Pabo, why else?”

“Are you bringing me to the hotel?”

He nodded his head, gestured for me to take my belongings and pulled me with him.

“Dui... Your staying at Hotel Han for the time you’re here.”

I looked at him confused not really getting what he wanted from me. He saw my face and chuckled.

“You’re staying with me.”

Shocked I stood still and wondered if he was joking with me.

“What? You’re joking right?”

He shook his head and turned towards me fully, looking up at me.

“You don’t want to?”

He looked truly hurt at that, crooking his head to the side and tears welling up in his eyes. He then turned his head to the side looking at the floor and having a distressed expression on his face. It hurt me to see him like that and I quickly took him into my arms, petting his hair.

“No... No! It’s not like that! Id love to stay with you Lu-Gege! I just didn’t expect it that’s all! Please Lu-ge don’t cry…”

I didn’t know what to do anymore with such a depressed Luhan in my arms. I kept petting his hair and wiping away the tears form his eyes, when he suddenly started to laugh and point at my face.

“Ahhh XiaoTao you’re so easy to tease, no wonder the others do it all the time.”

I looked at him with a confused and slightly shocked expression not understanding the situation at all.

“XiaoTao I was just teasing you.”

He chuckled again and wiped the tears form his cheeks, this time because of laughter.

Then I finally realized that he had just played with me. I started to pout.

“Yahhh! Luhan… I was really concerned over here! How could you? You know what? I’m leaving”

I pouted some more, lacing my words with hurt, took my things and just walked away from him. Well if he could play with me so could I. I didn’t look back but I saw his reflection in the glass door to which I was heading and had to fight hard to keep myself from laughing.

He looked truly shocked, standing there left alone in the middle of the hall. Then he lightly shook his head and quickly rushed up to me pulling my arm to stop me.

“I’m sorry XiaoTao, I didn’t mean to hurt you. Please come with me… I was really looking forward to staying with you the next few days, since I haven’t seen you in what feels like forever and I missed you.”

He still held onto my arm and lowered his head waiting for my response. I suppressed a chuckle and quickly took him into my arms once again, letting my bags drop to the floor.

“Don’t tease me like that Lu-ge ok? You’re not the only one that can do that you know…”

He looked up at me and saw my smiling expression, lightly hitting my arm playfully.

“Yah XiaoTao, what happened to you in the time I was away? You never teased your elders before… also your acting became better, well that’s a good thing you’ll need it tomorrow anyways.”

I looked at him confused and crooked my head to the side, waiting for an explanation.

“Well remember the program you’re supposed to be on tomorrow? Well two originally scheduled actors couldn’t come so they invited me on last notice. I guess they did so because my new film is coming out soon, but I don’t know. Ah don’t worry the management doesn’t know yet since I’m something like a surprise guest. They didn’t tell anyone because they don’t want the information to leak out. I don’t even know who the other surprise guest is myself.”

I nodded my head in understanding.

“But Lu-ge what does this all have to do with my acting skills? Why would I need them on a talk show?”

“Well XiaoTao, since we haven’t officially met yet they kind of expect a show I guess which would also be a reason to invite me in the first place. It’s just their luck that you’re supposed to be the most sensitive member anyways so they’re sure they’ll get action in one way or another. That’s why you need to act tomorrow, since we obviously have met already again.”

I nodded my head once again.

“Hmmm… makes sense. But Lu-ge how do they expect me to react? I can’t just snap at you on national TV…”

“You’ll figure it out XiaoTao… But first let’s get you to my house and into bed ok?”

I quickly nodded my head liking the sound of that and the idea of finally getting to sleep like I wanted since I had been sitting in that uncomfortable plane seat. Grabbing my thing I followed Luhan out towards the parking spots and we stopped in front of a small Mini.

Luhan opened the boot and we pushed all my belongings in with a bit of difficulty.

“God XiaoTao that hasn’t changed at all. You still bring your whole wardrobe whenever you go traveling. Why do you do that?”

“Well Lu-ge wouldn’t it be horrible if I were somewhere and wouldn’t have the right thing to wear? They’d think I lost my fashion sense. Therefore I take everything with me.”

Luhan just shook his head and got into the drivers seat, waiting for me to get in as well and then drove off.

“Lu-ge, do you think it’s a good idea that I will be staying with you? What if someone finds out?”

“They wont XiaoTao… Not even my company knows where I live. Since I left I value privacy more than anything so no one will find out.”

I just nodded at that and laid my head back, looking out the window. I enjoyed finally being back in my beloved Country. Sure Beijing air was not that great and all but still there was nowhere else in the World where I enjoyed myself more than here (except maybe for my hometown).

Feeling very tired suddenly I fell asleep in the car and Luhan had to wake me up when we arrived at his apartment. I felt groggy and looked around confused before I remembered where I was.

“XiaoTao we’re here, come on you have to get out of the car.”

I nodded still not fully awake and followed Luhan upstairs, nearly dropping my bags a few times because of exhaustion.

Luhan helped me get all my stuff inside after he opened the door and lead my to the guest room where I would be staying. It was a very nice place, high up in the heart of Beijing overlooking the city. The view was breath taking. The whole wall was made of glass and the city sparkled below us.

Even though I was a bit scared of heights I moved closer to the edge an pressed my face to the glass swooning over the outlook.

“XiaoTao you should go to bed, it’s going to be a big day tomorrow.”

I nodded took one last look at the scenery and made my way towards the room, getting my bathroom utensils and quickly washing up.

“Good Night Lu-gege. I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Night XiaoTao”

The next morning I got up when Luhan came running into my room, jumping on top of me and knocking all the wind out of my lungs. Groaning at the weight on me I stared into Luhan’s eyes.

“Luhan what are you doing? You’re heavy…*

“XiaoTao you have to get uuup, we have to go in an hour.”

I gasped at his words quickly pushing myself up, nearly throwing him of me in the process. I scrambled out from under him and quickly grabbed my phone gasping again as I saw the time.

‘Oh no! It was this late already! Why didn’t my alarm go of? Did I even put it on?’

Groaning I realized I had forgotten the alarm last night throwing my head back into the pillows.

Luhan pocked my sides making me squeal.

“XiaoTao you have to get up. Or do you want to look like you just fell out of bed later?”

His words hit me and I scrambled of the bed, hastily making my way towards the bathroom to clean up.  Hearing Luhan chuckle behind me made me only move faster, jumping in the shower and forcefully rubbing my hair and cleaning my body. I showered in record time and got out, wrapping myself in a towel, brushing my teeth.

Stumbling in my room I throw my bag open and search through it for some underwear. Finding a pair of boxers I quickly put them on and started to look for a fitting outfit. Sighting as I found nothing I screamed for Luhan to come help me.

He came stumbling into the room, trying not to trip over because he was putting on his pants while running to me.

“What is it XiaoTao?”

Whining again I held up two different outfits, not sure which one to pick.

“Lu-gege which one should I wear? I don’t knoooow”

Luhan took in the sight of the two outfits, studying them deeply and crooking his head to the side. Then he pointed at the one in my right hand.

“Take that one. It’s more serious an you look more like a man not like a lost boy.”

I nodded at his decision, putting the other one away. Then I quickly started to change putting on the jeans and shirt Luhan had chosen for me with my dress jacked hanging over my shoulder.

Quickly walking towards the mirror I started fixing my hair trying to tame it. When I deemed it fine I called out to Luhan again. He came out of his room, fixing his hair one last time and then grabbed his car keys. Looking at me as if asking if I was ready, I nodded and opened the door holding it open for him to walk through.

We didn’t speak much on the way to the studio, both lost in out own thoughts.

“Lu-gege, what will we do when we get there? I can’t walk in with you, they might find out.”

“I’ll let you jump out at the entrance and find a parking spot myself. Then you can already go in and no one will know okay?”

I nodded at his words, deciding that it was a good idea. When we arrived at the studio I quickly leaned over and gave Luhan a squeeze before jumping out and making my way inside. Because of traffic we were pretty late and everyone was running around, trying to make final adjustments. It felt like it did backstage before a concert, tension in the air, people running around and looking for things they had misplaced and directors screaming the last orders.

A woman walked up to me and grabbed my arm. I looked at her confused and quickly bowed in greeting.

“Thank god you’re finally here! Everyone has been going crazy with waiting for you. They want you in a room alone because they don’t want you to meet some people beforehand. Plus they still need to do your make-up.”

I looked at her dumbfounded before apologizing quietly, letting her pull me into a room where a make-up artist was already waiting, brushes ready in her hands.

I was pushed down onto the chair and the lady began to work her magic on my face, bringing out my eyes and making my skin look flawless.

After she was done I shot a quick glance at the mirror and nodded in approval, liking what she did.

“ZiTao, you have to wait here until the show starts ok? They want you to come in after a few minutes, not before the actual show starts ok?”

I nodded my head in understanding and sat down on the sofa located at the side of the room.

Taking out my phone I started to play around a bit, sending some selcas to the other members in Korea, telling them I had arrived safely and was waiting to go on air.

Hearing the opening melody of the show outside I guessed it had started and Luhan had arrived in time. Soon a woman came into the room calling me over and telling me that I would make an appearance in a few seconds.

I stood behind the cameras and waited for them to tell me to walk forward. I didn’t recognize many of the celebrities there, which was starting to make me uncomfortable.

Soon one of the MC announced my name and I felt someone push me lightly. Quickly regaining my stability on me feet I walked into the spotlight, bowing to the cameras and the people already sitting there on chairs in a little half circle.

“Everyone please Welcome Tao from EXO! Tao please introduce yourself.”

Nodding I took the microphone offered to me and spoke into it with a strong voice.

“Nimen Hao. I am EXO’s Kung Fu Panda Tao.”

Bowing my head again I listened to the MC, answering his few questions for me and then taking the seat he pointed out for me.

I kept watching the show with interest and looked at the people seated around me. The ones close to me I did recognize, there were a few Chinese actors and also a Chinese band here. Two seats to my side were still empty and since I didn’t see Luhan anywhere I expected him to sit there.

The MC kept making some fun of people, teasing them but then suddenly turning to me addressing me.

“ZiTao, this year hasn’t been the best one for EXO considering the number of members, am I right?

I nodded my head at his words, already expecting such a question anyways.

“Yes, well this year really hasn’t been so bright for us. Two members left already and we really miss them.”

Remembering the incidents made me feel sad again, forcing me to gulp in between my words.

“It did seem like you were especially close to the two ex-members. Did you expect them to leave? Have you ever found out why they left?”

I shook my head at that, feeling the sadness I had felt at the time, after finding out that first Kris and later Luhan both had left without telling us first. I cleared my throat before answering the questions asked me.

“I never did no. I didn’t know that both Kris and Luhan felt so bad being a part of EXO to the extend, that they couldn’t stay anymore. I never expected them to leave. It came like a shock to me, it came as a surprise to everyone.”

I gulped again, forcing myself to keep my voice strong and clear.

“I haven’t had contact with either of them and I know the other members didn’t either. We don’t even know if they’re both happy with their decision and we had no way to tell them about our feelings ourselves. I wish we could…”

The MC smiled as I finished my little speech.

“Well Tao consider yourself lucky then we have two more special guests tonight, as you might have guessed from the two empty seats already. Please welcome with me Luhan and Kris, former members of EXO.”

I had expected Luhan to appear of course but when his words sunk in I stood frozen in my seat, not being able to move a muscle.

Luhan came into the studio smiling and greeting everyone, avoiding my eyes but signalling me with his hand that everything would be okay. And then he walked in.

I couldn’t remember how many times I had dreamed of seeing him again, looking into his beautiful eyes and just being close to him, smelling his scent and feeling the warmth radiating off of his body.

He had changed in the months we hadn’t seen each other.  He looked well rested and healthy, not as tired as he had been in the last few months, when he had been in the band.

He was bowing to the MC and the camera quickly greeting everyone turning towards us others still sitting in our appointed seats. He looked around the round, bowing to the people, letting his gaze traveling over their faces when suddenly freezing, his eyes locking onto my face.

The noise around us had died down and everyone was watching us, anticipating what would happen next.

The hands on my legs slowly curled into fists and I was desperately trying not to stand up and slap him across the face for leaving us, leaving me. I was sure that everyone was able to see my emotions on my face, that my eyes were blazing in anger and my jaw set. I was glad that the make-up artist had decided to make my eyes stand out, making me more fierce looking than I was already.

Kris had stopped in his track and kept staring, seeming shocked about seeing me here and clearly not expecting it in the slightest.

“Tao, what are you doing here?”

I laughed at that darkly, not really feeling like laughing at all.

“Hello Kris, it’s nice to see you too.”

I could tell that my voice was dripping with acid, making obvious that I was angry as hell.

“I’m attending the show, can’t you tell?”

I stood and bowed my head to Kris and Luhan remembering to shoot him a glare too.

The MC looked between us, clearly not expecting the reaction he was getting, having hoped for a joyful reunion I was sure.

Kris just lightly shook his head quickly regaining posture and smiled. I knew that the smile was fake since no one knew him as well as I did, except maybe for his family.

The MC welcomed them, gesturing towards the empty seats next to me, telling them to have a seat.

The whole time we were on air, I kept on ignoring Kris and Luhan as much as possible. The MC asked some more questions about them leaving and the reason why, but I didn’t listen to their answers, knowing fully well that they were some prescript response.

Rage was boiling away in my stomach and I couldn’t believe that he was here, smiling as if nothing ever had happened. I had missed him so much in the last months, sometimes to the point of not eating well anymore and getting thinner. The others hadn’t asked me but they all knew who was the cause of it and they just kept close to me, trying to cheer me up with games and trips, to get my mind of things.

But here he was, looking healthier than ever, finally having relaxed and joking around with the MC now smiling his real, warm smile, that could honestly melt anyone’s heart.

He was sitting next to me, so comfortable in his chair laughing and being charming.

I couldn’t stand the sight of him now, that was true. But it still hurt me, the way he was acting with the others, totally ignoring my presence.

I let out a relieved sight when the show was over and we had all said our good byes.

“Okay guys that’s it. Thank you for the good show.”, the director called over from behind the cameras, all up us letting go off our smiles and relaxing again, not having the pressure of having every move watched anymore.

I too stood up and shot Luhan a look, telling him with it that he should follow me and I started to walk away from all the others, greeting some people I knew on the way but always keeping it court and polite.

When I arrived at the dressing room I slammed the door shut, shocking some women, which were walking past outside.

I hadn’t even been this angry when Luhan came back for the first time and I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I stomped over to the couch and fell down onto it, punching a pillow on the way down.

When it knocked on the door I tilted my head to the side glaring at it until I finally got up to open it. Standing outside was a very worried looking Luhan.

“Tao are you okay? Can I come in?"

I just opened the door wider for him to pass through and turned around, walking back to the sofa and sitting on it, staring to the ground.

“I’m sorry Tao, I didn’t know he would be here, otherwise I would have told you I swear.”

He slowly came walking to me, standing in front of my knees and looking down at me worriedly.

“It’s okay Lu-gege. I just didn’t expect him to be here that’s all. I thought I wouldn’t see him again, and you know how much I wished for it to happen. But seeing him like this...”

I just shook my head weakly not knowing how to continue, feeling the tears slowly starting to form in my eyes, the anger slowly disappearing and being replaced by hurt.

“I just... I wanted to see him so badly Lu-gege. It was hurting me so much, being apart from him, but he...” My breath caught in my throat again, and I had to gulp hardly to be able to continue. “He looks like he has never been that happy. Did I really not mean anything to him? Is that the reason why it was so easy for him to leave?”

I put my head in my hands waiting for Luhan to speak but the voice I heard was not the one I was expecting.

“No. That wasn’t it.”

My head shot up at that, eyes read and tears falling down my face and I stared straight into Kris’s face. I slowly got up when I saw him standing in the doorway, having my hands balled to fists by my side.

Walking towards him like I was measuring every step, until I was standing an arm length away.  Then I raised my hand and slapped him across the face, glaring at him.

“This is for leaving me without telling anyone.”

I raised my hand again, slapping him a second time, tears welling up in my eyes again starting to spill over and I had to force a sob back, begging my voice to come out normal.

“And this is for leaving without telling me and more importantly, without saying goodbye.”

Kris just stood there, with his head turned to the side, cheek red form my slaps and having his gaze lowered, listening to me. He then slowly turned his head towards me and it seemed like a mask was falling off and he stared at me with immense pain in his eyes.

I didn’t know what to do anymore, I had never seen him like this, so vulnerable and hurt. I gasped at his expression, feeling the tears finally spill over and sobbing softly. Shaking my head slowly I brought my hands to my face, wiping the tears away and slowly sinking to the floor.

Luhan was standing behind me with a shocked expression and watched the scene carefully, starting to walk over towards me but stopped when Kris lifted his hand, signalling to stay where he was and then he kneeled down in front of me, pulling my hands from my face, replacing them with his.

“I’m so sorry Tao. I’m sorry I left you like that. I just couldn’t stay there any longer. I… I had to leave.”

I looked up at him then searching his eyes if he was lying to me but they only expressed distress and the need for me to understand and forgive him for what he had done.

“Do you have any idea how much I was hurting these last few months? How much I missed you? How it hurt me that I couldn’t talk to you and didn’t know how you were? How much it hurt thinking that I didn’t mean anything to you at all?”

I let out another sob and looked at him, daring him to answer my questions and telling me what I had been wondering for so long.

He raised his eyes to mine, looking at me with tears spilling down his face now too.

“I… Yes I know Tao I went through the same when I left you. I couldn’t eat anymore, I couldn’t sleep anymore, couldn’t stop thinking about you. Tao there hasn’t been anyone I missed more in this whole time, and I’m so so sorry for hurting you like that. Please… Forgive me.”

After these words he lowered his head again, waiting for my answer.

Seeing him like this I couldn’t take it anymore and just took him in my arms, squeezing him to my body and crying into his shoulder, letting out the hurt from the last few months and finally free to really do so.

He was a bit surprised by my action but quickly put his arms around me, holding me close to his body and just petting my head, whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

Behind us I heard Luhan tear up too and I raised my head a little, gesturing for him to come over and join us in the hug.

When he did I felt the happiest I had felt in months and was finally again to laugh freely, without a worry at all.  


A/N
Hello Guys.. First of all:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH 18 SUBSCRIBERS BEFORE I POST ANYTHING HOLY FRICK I CAN'T... I'M DEAD OKAY??

No really Thank you so so so so much..

Now here is your new oneshot.. I hope you will like it *bows deeply*

Please tell me what you think and leave me a comment.

I love you guys <3

Thank you so so so much *bows again*