Love is...

Love is...
Please log in to read the full chapter

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxPYCeP6Is

As I was inspired by this song to write this short, ​please listen to it while reading.

Thank you!

:)


Hyemi heard a buzzing on her night stand.

It was the ringing of her phone indicating an incoming call.

As she rubbed her tried eyes, she checked the caller.

It was Changjo.

Her eyes widened as large as saucers immediately. 

She picked up her phone cautiously, "H-Hello?" Hyemi answered, trying to sound as calm as possible. 

"Hey, it's me, can you open your door? She's at it again, and this time I just couldn't stand it." Changjo rambled. "Sorry, I know it's late, but-"

"Yeah, it's fine, I couldn't sleep anyways. Just give me a few minutes." She hung up and went up to get herself ready before he came.

It's not the first time Changjo had done this; stammer off in the middle of the night after a heated argument with his girlfriend. But the funny thing was that Hyemi was used to it. It has become a habit, letting Changjo interrupt her sleeping schedule, and risking being late the next morning.

But to her, it was worth it. Any time spent alone or with Changjo, for even the shortest time, was precious to her.

 

**Ding-dong**

 

The door bell rang, and Hyemi looked in the mirror one last time to make sure her hair was in the right places. 

Even if Changjo was taken, Hyemi still made an effort to look good in front of him.

She swung open the door. 

"Hey," He greeted her.

"Hi, Changjo. Come in."

Changjo walked in, and stalked past Hyemi. She could feel the melancholic air that surrounded him.

As she turned to follow him, her nose instinctively inhaled a warm, comforting scent. The hint of Calvin Klein cologne that lingered on him. He actually uses it. She blushed to herself.

After heaving a big sigh, Changjo deflated onto her couch. Hyemi sat beside him at an appropriate, but comfortable distance.

Changjo scooted over, as per usual, and the routine began. 

"Can you believe it? She's mad. Again. Does she honestly expect me to take the blame again this time? If she does, then, it..." He paused, "I honestly think this is the end for us this time." Changjo lowered his head.

Oh Changjo... Hyemi's heart twisted with pity and sorrow yet again. It was a story she's heard a million times before; and although she did, she still felt his pain as if it were her own.

I guess this was what she got for stubboringly lingering onto this one, sole man, alone, for so long. 

She should know better, but she always let her emotions get the best of her. Her heart may be weak, but her love for Changjo definitely wasn't.

Trying to sound as casual as possible, Hyemi responded, "Changjo, we've been through this before," she expressed knowingly, "You're letting your emotions get the best of you again." Like me.

"What did you guys argue about this time?" She asked.

"She said I was flirting with my dance instructor the other day. Can you believe that?!" His loud voice protruded with annoyance. "It's dance for god sakes. Sense of expression in shown through the body." He argued.

"Just what exactly am I supposed to do? Dance without moving? Aish..." He rubbed his temples in frustration. 

"She's lost it, Hyemi. She's just gone insane. Or maybe," He paused for a bit, "...Maybe I've just gone insane..." Changjo sighed.

No Jonghyun-ah, it's not you. It never had been. You're too good for her. She doesn't deserve someone as you, she honestly doesn't... Her heart ached in pain.

"Don't say that Changjo. It's und

Please log in to read the full chapter