My Love Letter?

My Love Letter?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jungkook's Story:

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jungkook shi..." I was headed towards the school gate, when my heart suddenly trembled to a complete halt. I heard your soft angelic voice call out to me and for that split second; I couldn't help but smile. You never spoke to me once but I still noticed you every single day.

"I...I'm sorry." I turned around at that very moment and there you were, right before my very eyes. Your head tilted low as your thick black rimmed glasses slid down to the end of your nose. You whispered apologetically. For what, I wasn't even sure but you apologized so seriously at that moment that I had to question myself.  Of course, there wasn't a reason for you to apologize to me right? But then you spoke up once again; making me even more confused.

"I can't except your proposal..." You stood directly in front of me but still your petite height barely reached pass my shoulders.

"Huh?" I had no recollection of what you were even talking about, as I mumbled out what I could while gazing down at you for the very first time.

"I can't except your proposal of wanting to be my oppa." Your sudden movement caught me off guard and as startled as I was, I had subconsciously took a step backwards to keep my composure in front of you. Your hesitant eyes came crashing onto mine as your words echoed intensely through my ears.

"I want to be your oppa?! Wh...when did I ever say that?" We never even spoke a word to one another until now and yet I somehow said, "I wanted to be your oppa"? I was almost certain that you weren't that type of girl. You weren't like most girls at our school and now I was completely taken aback by your unreasonable claim.

"You didn't say it Jungkook shi, you wrote it to me in your love letter." My eyes grew wide in a matter of seconds as you held up the piece of paper tightly in your grasp.

"My....my....WHAT?!?" I didn't know what to think but when your trembling hands reached out towards me, I could feel my heart racing at speeds I didn't even know existed.

"Your love letter." My hand brushed against your soft pale skin as I took a hold of that very piece of paper.

"My love letter? MY LOVE LETTER?!" I knew at that exact moment that I wasn't the one who wrote you that letter, but somehow I was thankful.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes we can't help but to question why certain things occur in our lives and yet we fail to see that everything is actually fated for us. Everything happens for a reason, whether we know why or not. For the both of us right at that moment, we had suddenly found ourselves thrown into this so called world of "fate".

Silence was the one thing that calmed me most of the time but right at that moment, I almost couldn't seem to bare being surrounded by such a muted stand still against time. Thump, thump, thump, my heartbeat on the other hand? My abnormal heartbeat had yet to stop itself from racing recklessly ever since you had appeared right before my very eyes. I was always good at everything except for one thing. Love. Love wasn't an option for me, until a mere two seconds ago when you suddenly handed me my love letter? That love letter; was it fate? That very piece of paper that I now held onto for dear life was my supposed love letter to you. The one I had no recollection of, the one I didn't even know was written, was now physically in my grasp. That very love letter to which I knew for certain wasn't mine was now held captive in my hands and of course I had to be overly outraged and upset for the fact that someone had used my name for such an unjust deed, right? Someone wrote you a love letter under my name and yet I wasn't at all angered. At that given moment, all that I could feel was my violently pounding heart nearly about to burst into a billion pieces inside of its confinement as I stared down at the very letter that you had mistakenly identified as being mine.

Fate. Somehow, I was truly thankful. I was thankful at that forsaken moment in time, for that very piece of paper to be in my hands. That very letter had miraculously brought you in front of me right then and there. For the first time, you were unmistakeably right in front of me Song Myunghee and yet at that moment I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Fate, it was most definitely fated that we were both there at that exact moment in time.

"Myunghee, I...." Song Myunghee, there was so much that I wanted to say to you. My head slowly tilted up towards you and when our eyes locked onto one another at that mere second, I had suddenly lost all control as my words vanished from the tip of my tongue. You stared at me the same way you did when I saw you for the first time on that fateful day. You were looking at me but you weren't seeing me.

Our first encounter surely wasn't anything significant and I know that you didn't even take much notice of me on that particular day but I somehow still remember it like it had just happened yesterday. It was nearly almost ten months ago in early March when I first saw you silently standing alone in the vast sea of students.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day was our very first day of high school and as we had gathered amongst our fellow classmates for our entrance ceremony, my eyes had somehow subconsciously landed upon you. Truthfully, I'd be lying if I say that at that moment I wasn't the least bit surprised at my sudden unintentional gaze on you. It wasn't like I was attracted to you or anything like that but then again I somehow couldn't seem to look away for some strange unknown reason.

While everyone around you chatted excitedly amongst themselves, you were rooted to that one spot in the gymnasium a few feet away from me; reading a book? Looking around, you definitely stood out from everyone at that moment and maybe that was the logical explanation as to why I couldn't stop staring at you as a small smile somehow formed onto my bewildered face. I didn't even know why I was smiling but seeing you so concentrated and oblivious to your surroundings somehow suddenly brought a subconscious light chuckle out of me. You definitely weren't like the other girls, heck you weren't like anyone I've ever met. In a blink of an eye, everyone around me had taken notice of me standing there and seeing the camera crew filming me close by.  As the massive sea of students swarmed all around me; trying their best to strike up conversations that weren't entirely necessary, you didn't even look up once from your reading position to see what all the commotion was about. Somehow I was drawn to your unconcerned and inattentive nature at that time.

Being a 17 year old teenager was hard, but being Jeon Jungkook the 17 year old "Golden Maknae" of Bangtan Boys was definitely a difficult challenge of its own. There were times when I really just wanted to be a normal kid. I didn't like all the attention I was receiving but it came with my Idol job description and so I had to just accept it, no matter how much I fought against it. There was no way out of it and I did the best I could, politely nodding to everyone that had interacted with me but still I shied away from talking to anyone in particular.

To be honest, I was really nervous that day. Not only because it was my first time going to school in such a long time due to Bangtan's hectic schedules, but also for the fact that my parents and all the hyungs were there to cheer me on that day. It also didn't help my case one bit that there were a few cameras filming my every move, which seriously sky rocketed my nerves even more so.

"Jungkookie~" Suddenly clear as day, I could hear all the hyungs up on the 2nd floor balcony poking fun at me for standing there quietly by myself. I nervously looked up and waved shyly at them with a small faint smile that had managed to form on my reluctant face.

"Jungkookie, what's wrong? Go talk to your friends~" Instantly, I lightly shook my head from side to side giving my best reassuring smile; seeing that the hyungs had concerned expressions on their faces as they gestured for me to mingle with my friends. I shied away from doing so, not because I didn't have friends that were relatively close by but seeing the cameras following my every move; I somehow just couldn't take the initiative and get rid of the unwanted nerves that overcame me. They all understood, even without me uttering out a single thing as I looked nervously back down at my surroundings. My nerves got the best of me, until my eyes once again subconsciously landed right back upon your unbudged figure.

Maybe it was because my mind went blank contemplating on what it was that had gotten you in such a trance, making you so unaware of the world around you but right at that moment; my nerves had somehow vanished into thin air as my attention was diverted onto you.  

Moments later, I was a bit startled as a few of my friends shyly approached my side. They weren't entirely sure if they could talk to me or not; seeing as though the cameras had been recording and following me around upon my arrival that day. I assured them that it was perfectly fine and we began to playfully chat quietly amongst ourselves while waiting for the ceremony to start. Even though I was immersed in a relatively amusing conversation between my group of friends, my eyes somehow drifted towards your direction once again.

"Hey, by any chance do any of you guys know who that girl is?" As my soft breath escaped from my parted lips, I sighed mentally kicking myself for blurting out such a question. I had only a selective group of people that I knew that day and you weren't one of them. But somehow my subconscious mind wanted to know who you were. My friends became utterly silent as they gazed at the direction that I was pointing at. But before any of them could answer me; the head principal was heard over the speakers placed directly in front of the stage a few feet in away from us.

"Hello students, may I please have everyone's attention at this time. The entrance ceremony will now begin. The top student of your class Miss Song Myunghee will now come up to the stage and present her welcoming speech to all of you at this time." My friends suddenly glanced back towards me and at that point in time with my very own eyes, I saw you quickly take out the ear buds that were well hidden underneath your long black hair.

"Ear buds?" All this time, you had ear buds in and yet you had me totally fooled; thinking that you were in your own world reading some book some sort. I laughed quietly to myself for not realizing it sooner but then again, why did I even care what you were doing in the first place? I gawked at my own ridiculous behavior, when suddenly I saw you approach center stage. As you fixed your thick black rimmed glasses while looking down at the "book" you had placed onto the podium stand momentary; I realized that I didn't need to ask anyone, who you were.

"Welcome fellow classmates, teachers, family, and friends. My name is Song Myunghee and I'd like to welcome everyone to our first and only high school entrance ceremony." I didn't need to ask anyone because you yourself had just revealed who you were to me. Song Myunghee, you continued on diligently with your opening speech finally lifting your head up slightly to peer at your audience. As your eyes moved slowly across the vast sea of students right before you, my heart was silently shaking anticipating your reaction as your eyes suddenly landed upon my direction. For that split second in time, I thought you had noticed me but then I realized that you just looked directly pass by me. You looked at me but you never even saw me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that day, it was nearly impossible for me to ignore you. Even though I didn't attend classes all that much due to schedule conflicts, I still managed to see you on all the days that I did go because we were somehow put together in the same class. Song Myunghee, I couldn't understand why you seemed so distant towards everyone but that was probably what drew me to you the most. My classmates were pretty fond of me but you never really paid any attention to my presence. Somehow that had struck a cord inside of my chest every time I saw you. I was for certain that you knew who I was as everyone did, but it really bothered me that you were the only person in the entire school that had yet to speak a single word to me. You briefly peer at my direction every now and then whenever we did roll call in the early morning or you'd look my way sometimes while you were up in front of the class presenting projects. You look directly at me but you never really saw me and that's what got to me.  

Even right at this moment, you were still staring at me like all the previous times before but you weren't seeing the me that I wanted you to see and It seriously bothered the heck out of me. I'm not someone who's good with words and honestly my mind couldn't seem to function whenever I was around you. It was a weird feeling that came over me each and every time I looked at you. But I knew thst if I didn't say something now, I would miss my chance that fate had presented to me at that moment.

"I didn't write you this love letter..." I had managed to utter out something but I was taken aback by my sudden choice of words as I knew I shouldn't have said that. My eyes stared deeply into yours, as confusion had  its hold on you. You looked at me in a baffled manner as your mouth slightly gaped open in disbelief. I couldn't tell if you were shocked or feeling disappointed upon hearing my revelation but just seconds later your eyes escaped my steady gaze. Your whole entire body swung around instantly as a light breeze dangerously struck full force onto my bare skin. You were turning around to leave but I couldn't let you go, not like that.

"Wait, Myunghee..." I was completely out of it as my right hand subconsciously gripped tightly around your small fragile left wrist. I was holding you back for whatever reason as I tried so hard to deny what I was suddenly feeling. But I knew all too well my own irrational actions were because I simply didn't want you to go anywhere.

"If this is some kind of joke, I don't want to be a part of it. I don't want to be your play object Jungkook shi!" I wasn't expecting you to be upset but the moment you spun yourself around to face me, freeing yourself from my grasp; I was instantly caught off guard by your piercing dark distraught eyes. You looked at me fiercely with an unreadable expression on your face for the first time since we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter