final

The Best Gift
“Byunghun!”
 
Using his height to his advantage and letting his eyes sweep over the cluster of bobbling heads around him, Chanyeol quickly found himself pouting when he was unable to locate his friend amongst the crowd. Byunghun had been adamant that the two of them split up so they could shop on their own and get each other’s gifts. Chanyeol hadn’t wanted to but Byunghun had absolutely insisted, so he’d had relatively no choice but to go along with it. But now he was unable to locate his friend who wasn’t even picking up his phone so he wasn’t quite sure what to do.
 
“Okay, let me think. Where would Byunghun go…” He snickered as the first thought that came to mind was that the younger male would be in a department store looking for clothes in the women’s department; Byunghun had an affliction for skinny jeans and too-big sweaters that dwarfed his slight frame, something Chanyeol found it fun to about.
 
“While I’m at it, maybe I should go and buy him a tiara since he brought up being a princess or whatever,” Chanyeol considered with another impending wave of giggles before another thought occurred to him right away. “Actually, he’d make a pretty cute princess.”  With that thought in mind, Chanyeol ambled over to one of the mall’s large department stores. He’d gotten a weird look from the employee he’d asked about purchasing a tiara, but he paid the woman no mind as he plucked one of the silver headwear from the shelf and made his purchase at the register.
 
“Who are you buying a tiara for, hyung?”
 
Chanyeol almost jumped out of his skin, not at all expecting for his long lost friend to suddenly appear by his side. He raised an eyebrow at the large bags overfilled with items Byunghun held in both hands by his side. Byunghun, noticing the look, settled his friend with a withering look.
 
“I wanted to shop for my family too, okay?”
 
A bright grin made its way to Chanyeol’s face as he reached down to ruffle the younger’s hair affectionately, paying no heed to the younger’s whining protests.
 
“That’s so cute! It’s just like you to do something like that!” 
 
“Can we just go now? You’re done shopping, right?” Byunghun grumbled lowly after finally managing to get Chanyeol to stop ruffling his hair. He eyed the one, seemingly empty bag in the elder’s hand judgmentally, but Chanyeol simply waved him off.
 
“Your group has more members than mine! You should definitely have more stuff!” Byunghun complained as the two made their way to the car, breaking dis stride to peer through the window of an optical store they’d started to pass by.
 
“Yeah but they’ll be alright with cards. We’re not really the gift giving—Byunghun?” Chanyeol asked in confusion after realizing the younger rapper was no longer by his side. He blinked, turning around and spotting his friend gazing through a display window. Grin back on his face, Chanyeol quickly backtracked to the younger’s side. He followed his friend’s gaze and saw him gazing longingly at a stylish, sleek black pair of glasses that were a stark contrast to the bulky kind Chanyeol was used to seeing him in.
 
“Gonna get em?” he sang in wonder, Byunghun quickly shaking his head in refutal.
 
“No, just looking. I’ve kind of already maxed out my spending money budget for this trip anyway,” he admitted sheepishly, picking up his oversized bags he’d sat on the ground and quickly shuffling out of the store. Chanyeol took a mental note of the glasses his friend had been staring at before jogging a bit to catch up with him.
 
“L.Joe oppa!” Chanyeol blinked as two girls suddenly ran up to Byunghun, concerned looks on their faces. As the EXO member went to stand beside his friend, the two girls gasped at him in shock, causing him to widen his eyes slightly in surprise.
 
“L.Joe oppa, you’re not here with Chunji oppa!?” one girl squeeked, obviously scandalized along with her equally melodramatic friend beside her. Chanyeol had to hold back a chuckle at these two girls’ behavior, amused but still hoping they would go away soon so that he and Byunghun could finally leave.
 
“Ah, no, not today. I’m here with Chanyeol hyung,” Byunghun responded with a pretty smile that had the two girls blushing. Chanyeol was finding it really hard not to laugh at them; it was a good thing he was a professional and had much practice.
 
“L.Joe oppa, how could you cheat on Chunji oppa so blatantly!? Have you no shame!?” the one girl bellowed angrily, and Chanyeol quickly whipped around and hoped the girls hadn’t noticed his face scrunching up with fresh laughter. There wasn’t much he could do about the shaking of his shoulders, however, so he frantically looked around the mall to try and find something distracting that would take his mind off of the scene taking place behind him.
 
“I’m not cheating. The only one I love is Angels.” Chanyeol was sure that he was about to die of choking back laughter when he heard his friend’s cheesy, overused response.
 
“Ah, Byunghun, let’s go over there! I see something cool!” Chanyeol stated suddenly, unwilling to continue to subject himself to the amusing girls any longer as he grabbed Byunghun’s hand and began dragging him in a random store’s direction. The girls’ horrified gasps at seeing the two holding hands was the last straw, and Chanyeol couldn’t even keep walking anymore as he doubled over in laughter in the middle of the mall, paying no mind to the odd looks he was getting from passerby.
 
“I don’t even know why you’re laughing. There was nothing funny about that; they were just annoying. I’m surprised we haven’t ran into your fans yet,” Byunghun pointed out as Chanyeol finally regained his breath, almost bursting out into laughter again when he saw the girls were still standing in the same spot just staring at them with looks as horrified as before.
 
“Hopefully we won’t; if they’re anything like yours, I’m not sure I’ll be able to deal with them today,” Chanyeol stated with an amused snort before walking into the store he’d led his friend to. Byunghun blinked in surprise.
 
“I thought you were just taking me over here to get away from them?”
 
“I was, but there’s some really interesting stuff in here, you know? Don’t be a baby; just come in here with me!”
 
 
 
Byunghun was angry and he felt he had every right to be. Every single present he’d gotten from his fellow group members had been ones of mockery while he’d actually taken the time to get them gifts he knew they would all like. The only person who hadn’t been immature in his gift giving was the leader, but it seemed like that was mostly due to laziness: he’d gotten them all the same exact pair of socks. There was no mistaking that Byunghun was disappointed, and he could only hope that his family would be thoughtful enough to send him something nice.
 
“Hey, you got a visitor,” Chanhee informed lazily after giving two weak, unnecessary knocks to Byunghun’s already opened door. He his heel to leave and Byunghun blinked, wondering who would be visiting him at his dorm on Christmas day.
 
He probably shouldn’t have been as surprised as he was to see Chanyeol standing by the front door, the elder immediately smiling a bit wider after he’d caught sight of his younger friend. The EXO member quickly bounded over to Byunghun, a small bag in his hand that he was quick to shove into Byunghun’s chest. The younger looked at it stupidly and Chanyeol rolled his eyes before eagerly gesturing for him to start going through it. The rest of Teen Top was too concerned with their own gifts to care about what was going on with Byunghun, leaving him to look at his gifts in peace.
 
The first thing he pulled out was a tiara and he was not pleased.
 
“What exactly is this?” he asked in a clipped tone, Chanyeol frowning a bit at the barely hidden hostility.
 
“It’s a tiara…since I’ve heard you say you wouldn’t mind being a princess…” he stated unsurely, not sure if he went a bit too far with his joke. The glare he received in response settled it as Byunghun quickly threw the tiara back in the back and pulled out something else.
 
The gift this time was a simple card with season’s greetings, something that had managed to calm the younger rapper down a bit.
 
“There’s one more thing,” Chanyeol assured with a knowing grin and Byunghun gave a curious look, wondering what it could be. Reaching back into the bag, he was quick to bypass the stupid tiara and pull out something that felt oddly familiar. Once the item was all the way out of the bag, Byunghun gasped in quiet shock.
 
“These are the glasses I was looking at…”
 
“I know, stupid. That’s why I got them,” Chanyeol said softly and Byunghun grinned up at him gratefully.
 
“That was really sweet of you, hyung. You didn’t have to.”
 
“I know I didn’t. But I had most of my budget still available since all I got was cards, and I could tell how much you liked them,” Chanyeol assured with a sweet smile this time as the two stared into each other’s eyes a bit longer than would probably be considered normal. Realizing this, Chanyeol started pointing towards the door with both fingers. “…So I guess I’ll be going now. I’m not supposed to stay in here too long, especially since I had to beg the manager to drive me. Oh yeah—make sure you post my gift on twitter so this trip wasn’t ‘meaningless’,” he finished with an annoyed huff before making his way to the door.
 
“Wait, hyung!” Changhyun piped up suddenly. Chanyeol turned to him curiously, wondering what the younger wanted; it wasn’t often that they talked, after all.
 
“I have another gift for Byunghun hyung. Won’t you come over to him with me to look at it?” Changhyun requested innocently, though the request itself was still odd enough to have Chanyeol feeling wary.
 
“Um, actually, I think I should just go…”
 
“It won’t take long,” Minsoo chimed in suddenly, causing Chanyeol to jump; he’d thought the leader had been sleeping.
 
“Um, alright…” the EXO member agreed hesitantly, letting himself be herded back over to Byunghun’s side.
 
“Hey, whoa, what’s this? Mistletoe? How did that get here?” Changhyun asked melodramatically, Byunghun’s eye twitching with irritation as he stared at the second youngest.
 
“Changhyun, you’re literally just holding that between our faces. And why the hell do you have a mistletoe in a dorm full of boys!?” he exploded, Changhyun not seeming affected by the yelling in the slightest as he simply shrugged.
 
“Who knows? Anyway, you’re already under it, so just kiss.”
 
“Why would I kiss him!? This doesn’t—! Hyung, you can just leave,” Byunghun cried desperately as he turned to the older male at the last second, face flushed red from both embarrassment and anger. Chanyeol gave a thoughtful look before grinning mischievously.
 
“You know what? We are under mistletoe; we shouldn’t break tradition.”
 
“What? Not you too! Hyung, we’re not even under—”
 
Before Byunghun could even finish protesting, Chanyeol had already leaned down to press a brief but affectionate peck on the tip younger’s nose. Byunghun’s face became even redder if possible, his gaping mouth mimicking a fish out of water.
 
“See? No big deal. Now I really should go before my manager kills me. Have a nice Christmas, everyone!” Chanyeol called in parting as he quickly jogged out of the dorm.
 
“You should really thank us, hyung. Minsoo hyung and I made your Christmas way better with the best gift: a kiss from your crush!” Changhyun boasted, yelping when Byunghun pulled harshly at his ear.
 
“How about you just shut up, twerp?”
 
 
 
Chanyeol grinned when he looked on his computer the next day and saw a tweet with a picture of Byunghun wearing the glasses he’d bought him along with the tiara, the caption “Channie hyung said I make a good princess. Do you think so?” underneath.
 

So, so sorry if I got their personalities wrong, I just wanted to write a fluffy fic for them~