9

Everything, Everything.

 

 

Hours later Zoe stretched her arms and legs, it felt good to move her muscles after being in such a stiff position for this long. She looked down at her phone to look at the time.

“3 AM?” she said out loud on the lock screen she sees that she had received a text message from an unknown number.

“Can we meet up and talk?” the text read, she tilt her head to the side wondering who this might have been from, it was sent an hour ago.

“Maybe I should write back, or maybe they are sleeping?” she thought, she wanted to respond later on in the day but the suspense was killing her.

“Who’s this?”

She searched through a file in her brain wondering who could have it been, who would want to speak to her at this time. The phone buzzed in her hands breaking her out of her thoughts.

“Yongguk.”

Her heart dropped, he was the last person that went through her mind, the least person she could’ve imagined that wanted to speak to her after the whole incident that had occurred earlier on that evening. She looked at the screen again thinking this was probably some joke, some prank Hyorin or someone was playing on her. She went to type but her fingers were numb, what did he want to speak about, was he going to fit with her, tell her she was better off not coming back. She took a deep breath and regained some strength to text back.

“Oh, hey. You said you wanted to meet up?” she looked at the screen waiting for those three little dots to appear signaling that he was as attentive to his phone as she was.

“Yeah, are you in your studio now? I walked passed before I saw the lights on.”

She bit her bottom lip, chewing on it as her mind was processing what was going on right now.

“Yeah I’m here. You wanna speak now?”

Not even a full minute passed by and he responded.

“Yeah. Meet me on the roof.”

She scratched her head and looked at the conversation making sure this was real. She paced back and forth in the studio debating if she should go now? Or wait a couple of minutes, she didn’t want to sound too eager but she didn’t want to be rude and have him wait too long. She grabbed her phone from the table and looked at herself through the camera lens.

“I look like .” She said out loud and let out a gust of air causing the strays of hair that were around her face to spread out. She grabbed her jacket from the back of the chair and headed towards the door.

            Her hand hovered the doorknob debating if she should go, checking her mental checklist.

  • Was she mentally prepared to see him?

No, she could barely get it together when they are near each other in the meeting how can she possibly handle him now. Alone.

  • Was she prepared to hear his side of the story? 

No.

  • Could she explain to him why she really left? 

No.

She scratched her head again and opened the door took one step out into the hallway and retrieved back inside.

“What if he’s going to just going to continue where Daehyun left off and attack me. Alone in the middle of the night and I have no defense.” She leaned against the door.

“But what if he was trying to make peace with me? AH!” She ruffled her hair and turned to the door again.

“If you don’t go now, you’ll never know. Zoey you’ve been through worse what could he do? Just be a big girl and go.” She gave herself a quick pep talk and opened the door.

            Walking down the hallway at this time felt eerie, the building was too quite, no phones ringing, no one laughing or music playing, no sounds coming from behind the door just silence. She reached the elevator and used all the strength in her to press the button that took her to the roof, doors closed and she swore she could hear her heart beating. It felt like the longest ride to the roof, her head spun and she started to sweat a little. She had never experienced such a feeling like this ever.

            Doors opened and she walked down a short hallway leading her to the door that led out to the roof. She arrived at the door and pushed it open, it took ten steps and she saw him. 

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING & FOR WAITING SO PATIENTLY. I'VE BEEN CAUGHT UP WITH WORK AND SCHOOL, BUT I'M CURRENTLY WRITING SO MORE CHAPTERS. I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THIS CHAPTER. LEAVE COMMENTS X.