003; 120 bpm

Vanilla or Chocolate?

 

11:30 P.M. – Taeyang’s POV

 

We just finished eating and Jay went out to get some ice cream for us. I was finishing washing the dishes while Jiyeon was putting the food away. I finished and wiped my hands on the towel while watching her cleaning the table. She turned around and walked towards me.

 

“Finished washing the dishes?” Jiyeon asked.

 

“Sparkly clean,” I say, smiling widely.

 

“Thanks for the help but you didn’t have to. I could’ve done it,” she said.

 

“Don’t worry about it,” I said.

 

“I wonder what the press would think if they found out one of the big time entertainment CEO did his own dishes,” she joked.

 

“Well, they don’t have to know if you don’t tell them,” I said, laughing.

 

Jiyeon laughs along.

 

The atmosphere gets quiet. I look at her face and she smiles back at me. I slowly reach out for her hands and hold them in mine. She looks at me with a shocked face. I don’t blame her. From all the times we’ve known each other, I’ve never acted like this towards her.

 

“Jiyeon…” I softly call out her name.

 

She looks into my eyes, telling me to continue with what I was going to say.

 

“There was something that’s been on my mind for a long time and I’ve been trying to find the right moment to say this,” I continue.

 

I look at her face and she still has the same confused look on her face. I bite my lower lips, thinking about what to say next.

 

“I…”

 

“Got the ice cream,” Jay yells, walking into the apartment.

 

I smile, squeeze her hands lightly and walk into the living room to greet Jay.

 

“Sorry I’m so late. There were so many people at the store for some reason,” Jay said, walking towards the kitchen.

 

11:50 P.M. – Jiyeon’s POV

 

“I…”

 

I gulped. My heart was pounding so fast.

 

“Got the ice cream,” Jay oppa yells.

 

I look up at Taeyang oppa. He smiles, squeezes my hands and walks into the living room. My arms found its way back to the side of my legs. I let out a sharp breath, trying to take in what just happened. This was a usual act from Taeyang oppa and it got me really confused.

 

Soon, I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I look over to my side and see Jay oppa.

 

“Hey, got the ice cream,” he says, smiling widely.

 

I smile, acting like nothing happened.

 

“Spoons?” I ask.

 

01:30 A.M.

 

“It’s getting late. Why don’t you guys stay for the night?” I offer.

 

“Thanks but I have to go back home and try to fix up the problems from tonight’s meeting,” Jay oppa replied, eating a spoonful of ice cream.

 

“I actually have work to do too so I’m afraid I can’t stay tonight. Maybe another time,” Taeyang oppa said.

 

“Okay, then. Well it’s late and if you guys have work to do then you guys should go home and get on it,” I suggested.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I know,” Jay oppa said, waving his hand.

 

I laugh.

 

Jay oppa stands up and grabs his jacket. Taeyang oppa and I stand up as well.

 

“Well I’m out then” Jay oppa says, while putting on his jacket.

 

“I’ll help clean up and I’ll be out. See ya later bro,” Taeyang oppa says, giving a brotherly hug to Jay.

 

“Alright man, see you later,” Jay says, hugging back.

 

“Drive safe,” I say, wrapping my arms around Jay’s waist.

 

“Sleep well,” he whispers into my ear as he tightens the hug.

 

I smile and see him out the door. I turn around and see Taeyang oppa picking up the spoons and picking up the bag full of ice cream. I watch him walk into the kitchen, hear the fridge open and close and the water running. Soon, I hear the sound of the faucet being turned off and footsteps coming towards the living room.

 

I grab his jacket and wait for him to come out.

 

“Thanks for cleaning up oppa,” I say, smiling widely.

 

“Anything for my little girl,” he replies.

 

I hand him his jacket and he takes it. He puts it on. He places his hand on his doorknob but stops before turning it.

 

“About what I said earlier…” he starts.

 

My heart begins to pound faster and faster again.

 

He looks down and sighs. He looks up with a smile on his face.

 

“It’s nothing. Good night Jiyeon. I’ll give you a call,” he says, giving me a hug.

 

“Okay oppa. Drive safe, okay?” I say, hugging him back.

 

He breaks the hug, smiles and walks out of the apartment. As soon as I locked the door, I sat down on the couch, placing my hand over my heart.

 

“Calm down,” I say to myself.

 

02:02 A.M. – Jiyeon’s Bedroom

 

I couldn’t stop thinking about the event that occurred today with Taeyang oppa. I couldn’t help but wonder what he was going to say. It must’ve been something serious for him to act this way. After thinking about it for a while, I fell asleep.

 

Flashback…

 

I was sitting on one of the swings in the park that was near my house. I was eating the ice cream my mom had bought me and was waiting for Jay oppa and Taeyang oppa to come.

 

Suddenly, a dark shadow hovered me. I looked up to see a group of kids older than me. Suddenly, one of them slapped my hand, causing the ice cream to fall out of my hand. Before I could respond, I was pushed out of the swing I was sitting in.

 

All the kids started laughing. I was the only one crying.

 

“Hey! Stop bothering her!” I hear.

 

I look up and saw Jay oppa and Taeyang oppa standing in front of me. The other kids ganged up on them and started pushing them around. They managed to push the kids off of them and started hitting all of them. The kids started crying and ran away.

 

“You’ll get it worse next time losers!” Jay oppa yells at them.

 

Taeyang oppa kneels by my side.

 

“You know, it’s not pretty when a princess cries,” he says, wiping the tears off of my face.

 

“But my ice cream…” I say, pointing to the melted ice cream that was on the sand.

 

“We can buy you a new one,” Jay oppa says, kneeling down next to Taeyang oppa.

 

The boys started rummaging through their pockets and managed to find coins they found.

 

“See Jiyeon! I told you we could buy you a new one!” Jay oppa says, smiling brightly.

 

A big smile appeared on my face.

 

“Now that’s a pretty face,” Taeyang oppa says, smiling as well.

 

We all stand up and start walking towards the ice cream shop.

 

Jay oppa holding my left hand. Taeyang oppa holding my right hand.

 

Flashback – End

 

I wake up by the sound of the alarm on my phone. I turn it off and sit on my bed.

 

A memory from when I was 7 years old.

 

I smiled, thinking back to that time.

 

A/N;
Hey everyone, sorry for the late update. Being in college and writing papers is so time consuming xP
Anyways, hope you guys liked the new chapter and I'll try to update again soon :)
Remember to comment & subscribe! Thanks! ^^