Seven

Lucky Seven (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Kim Sun’s POV

 

 

The sky was orange. Some parts were slowly turning dark blue, signaling the impending arrival of the night. The sun was slowly setting. It felt melancholic, saying goodbye to the day. Not when it had been a particularly adventurous day like today.

 

I started to pack my guitar, and collected all the money from inside the guitar case before adding them to the cash in the shopping bag I’d stored in my backpack. I’ll be sure to count them as soon as I get home before sending some of them into my bank account.

 

After I was done packing, I decided to sit down on the ground and leaned onto the seat I had previously occupied by the water fountain. It did not matter if my jeans would get dirty, I just wanted to rest my back. It deserved at least that, after carrying today’s share of memories. I closed my eyes and tried to recall all my adventures.

 

First off was the incident on the bus, when I met the aloof Soo Hyuk and finding out that we’d be attending the same school. I could not help smiling at that memory. It felt nice to know that chivalry was still lingering around. These days, it was hard to find just any boy who would help an old lady in trouble. Even though at first glance he looked distant and cold, I was glad to have a short conversation with him and get a gist of the pure and kind boy that Soo Hyuk was. Not all cold-looking people are truly cold in nature, I guess.

 

Then, knowing the kind-hearted Young Kwang-shii at the café, and getting revenge for him before going off. I could feel myself grin at that. That rude kid deserved to get smacked in the back of his head with my guitar case. How dare he say those kinds of things to that sweet, sweet Young Kwang? Hmph! Plus, Young Kwang was too nice to actually say anything back to him. For some unknown reasons, I could tell that Young Kwang was not the type to stand up for himself if someone ever said those things to him, even without the status of being a waiter or a barista. The aura of a softie radiated all over him that I’d bet a 10-year-old kid could bully him into anything. The thought was – strangely – infuriating. 

 

After that was… Sung Joon. I could feel myself blush as I remembered myself falling on top of him when he caught me in his arms. I could still hear his heartbeat in my head, could feel his breath steadily whizzing past my face. Damn you, Bang Sung Joon! I can’t believe I’d actually allowed that anomaly happening of me actually falling on top of somebody to occur! Oh, Mother of All Typical Drama Scenes! That was so unattractively embarrassing!

 

I shook my head to erase that memory away and get on with my recollection of the day. Then, I’d met up with another infuriating character in the form of a tall dinosaur. A tall dinosaur who had a voice that could somehow harmonize with mine. I frowned as I thought of him. At least Sung Joon had left me his name, now I’m forever stuck with calling him a dinosaur when I have a much better name to call him…!

 

“Calm down, Sun-ah,” I told myself in a low voice.

 

I cleared my throat very loudly. After him was who? Ahh, after him was the naïve-looking Jong Suk. I knew that I was smiling at the moment, but at the same time, it felt bittersweet. He reminded me of when I was thirteen. When I was fluttering around, thinking of the whole world innocently. Eager. Readily accepting. Vulnerable. That was until I’d met with… that boy. That boy who crushed my heart. I was broken, like a porcelain doll shattered to pieces and forced to patch up by her own. His face after that y girl slapped him displayed all the feelings that were threatening to break the boy that I just had to help him. All because I’d promised myself that I would never let another soul feel how horrible it was to be broken and left all alone in the open. I’ll never let anyone feel like that again, especially not someone so naïve like Jong Suk.

 

As I continued watching the sun leaving yet another day with my feelings clarified, I felt my head slowly tipping forward and my eyes slowly getting heavier. The sound of the gentle breeze slowly disappeared from my hearing before I was lulled to sleep by the fountain.

 

 

Hong Jong Hyun’s POV

 

I’d already told my mother that I was going to be late for dinner before I headed out of the house. I took the bus and walked a bit to the grassy area to test out my new ‘friend’. I took a look around.

 

The Sunday was going to end. Everyone was slowly heading home, getting ready for dinner and preparing to face the impending Monday. Perfect.

 

From my bag, I took out my newly bought friend, the Tamiya TRF 501x RC car and settled it on the grassy ground. I was a bit hesitant to buy this model, to be honest. It was far too small to my liking… but most of the guys who hung out at the RC store kept saying it was the best model the store had to run around on grass, so there.

 

I adjusted my cap as I switched on the controller.

 

WHIZZZZZ

 

I smiled. It was perfect. The car was fine on the grass. Wait, no, the car was brilliant on the grass. No grass blades or dirt got stuck in the tyres and it moved smoothly as if it were the usual  asphalt ground. I tried to hide my humming as I kept on walking next to my new friend, moving around on the grass.

 

This model should be perfect for the next annual race that my favourite store would have in a few months’ time. Ahjusshi did say that he was going to try out for a more natural and wilder setting instead of the usual track–

 

WHIZZZPLUNK!

I frowned. I noticed that the car was stuck under a fountain nearby. I tried to move it forward again.

 

BRRRRR – was all it sounded. Like it was stuck on something.

 

Maybe it was just a rock… I thought as I scooted around the fountain to find my new toy.

 

“Eh…?”

 

It was no rock that was stuck to my toy. It was a backpack. Next to a person. A girl, maybe?

 

I observed this person’s belongings laid on his/her sides to try and determine his/her gender.

 

First off, the backpack was made of denim, half of it was black and the other half was dark grey. It had expensive-and-original-looking leather straps and back flap but it had no personal customizations, i. e keychains, sewn patches, on it whatsoever. Conclusion; gender unknown.

 

Second inspection; guitar case lying on his/her other side. All-black. Black leather hardcase. Conclusion; gender unknown.

 

Third inspection; the body of person. Strong-looking and straight shoulders. Slightly chubby, judging from the not-slim arms of the person on his/her lap. The denim shirt over the white t-shirt was loose, whereas the pants were a straight-cut. They were quite fitting on the person’s thighs and could indicate either the person was a boy with muscular thighs or a voluptuous girl–

 

All of a sudden, the person mumbled and moaned in his/her sleep.

 

Ah… It’s a girl.

I tiptoed my way to my RC car that was wedged under her backpack. She must have been really tired to actually be able to fall asleep at such an open place. I grabbed my car and started to walk away.

 

Wait, I paused in my steps. I turned back to her. It is not safe for a girl to lie a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter