Twelve

Lucky Seven (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Sun’s POV

 

 

 

“Yah! Are you done?!”  

 

“Obviously not, duh…” I muttered under my breath.

 

“What the are you saying there?!” a shrill voice shouted at me.

 

“Nothing!”

 

 

For the last fifteen minutes, I had been on the rooftop with seven other girls… whose names I have forgotten even though they had introduced themselves. At first glance, anyone would think that these seven girls were harmless and looked like a group of average high school girls. Upon second and third glances, the word ‘average’ can no longer describe them. They were fan girls. Worse, they were fan girls of the seven boys I had just befriended in class. Correction, they were just representatives of each boys’ cluster of fan girls. Each of them liked different guys. I tried to recall the lengthy lecture I had received from each girl as they all specifically told me the reason they hated my guts.

 

One bespectacled girl, with two long braids styled for her hair and looking like a shy schoolgirl was a rep for Young Kwang’s fan girls. She said that his fans were typically timid and equipped with incredibly low self-esteem, but their hearts have been touched by Young Kwang and his warm words (I can actually imagine this, since I myself thought that he had that Prince Charming feel going on) and they had sworn to ensure that no girl is ever monopolizing him. After all, if a dark cloud (me, it seems to be) starts to appear in the sky, wouldn’t it be hard for the sun (this is definitely Young Kwang) to shed its light onto the earth (them fan girls)? Earth was being threatened. And apparently, I proved to be the bad guy.

 

Another girl with spectacles and a short bob cut was a rep for Jong Hyun’s fan girls – though she insisted on calling themselves ‘fellow genius enthusiasts’. Pfft, as if that made a difference. She claimed that Hong Jong Hyun was a genius through and through, always managing to top all his classes, which – of course – made him the best in our year. His fans were all those bookish girls always devoting themselves to study better in hopes to gain recognition from him. I thought that this was actually a positive effect of fan-girling the right person and had no problems with it at all, but it seemed that she had a problem with me having an ‘electric connection’ with him, which may stain his spotless reputation. I kept my mouth shut at all her usage of long sentences and bombastic words.

 

The next girl was one with a bob cut too, but looked more stylish with some light brown highlights in her hair. Her flawless face – I liked the fact that she applied just the perfect amount of BB and CC creams on that was not too cake-y and thick so she could go for that natural beauty look – however, was ruined by a single smirk as she brazenly commented on every single aspect of my appearance and why it would greatly affect her beloved Lee Jong Suk. It appeared that he was a prodigy in the school’s beautician club and that if any girl wanted to approach him, she should at least meet the standard level of being pretty. I, she said, was nowhere close to that specific requirement. Ouch. That hurt.

 

Then, there was a foul-mouthed girl – I like to think that she was just more expressive than the rest – with her long hair tied up high in a ponytail with spiky studs on her ears. Whenever she talked to me, she used a lot of hand gestures and her vocals were always louder, even if we were the only ones on the rooftop. It was not a surprise when she revealed that she was a fan girl of Sung Joon, the leader of the school band, and that she noticed him stiffening when I entered the class. (I really need to remember my other classmates’ faces, dang it.) She was saying, ‘What the hell, ?! Did you have an affair with him outside, huh? Did you mess with one of his bandmates or something? Tell me what you ing did to him!’ She was pretty close to choking me – not that I wouldn’t have fought back – but she was pulled away by Young Kwang’s fan girl, Two Braids. Phew.

 

After her was a girl with long, white blonde hair. (These girls must be regulars in rule-breaking.) She had these cold dark eyes that seemed blacker than the pits of the world and a slender body that every girl died for. I was trying to guess which of the boys she was a fan girl of, but she stopped me with, ‘I’m not a fan girl of his, but I really look up to him as a fellow swimmer.’ As I blinked like the clueless girl I was, she then told me that the swimmer she was talking about was my ever-annoying neighbour, Jae Hyun. Unlike the rest of the girls who went on and on, she just coolly brushed me off with a glare, ‘If you drag him down to your trash-like level, I will make your life a living hell… peasant.’ It was then that I knew she was the one I needed to watch out for, from all the girls. She sounded like she really meant me as a lowly peasant… how scary.

 

Next was a petite girl with her ponytail tied up Ariana Grande-style. A glimpse on her hands told me that she, unlike the other girls, preferred to keep her fingernails clean and pedicure-free. She was a representative for all fan girls of that infuriating Kim Woo Bin. It seemed that he was the star chef of the Home Economics Club and that thanks to him, the club that was going to be terminated the year before was revived with loads of girl applicants practically throwing themselves to join the club. I told her that both Kim Woo Bin and cooking were far from my daily pursuits – I bought my first dinner here from a convenience store, for heaven’s sake! – but she did not believe any of my words. Just as unbelievable as the boy she is a fan of.

 

Lastly, came a girl with dark hair that went past her waist and one blazing red lock shadowing one eye. Somehow I thought that this emo-looking girl did not fit the bill of being a fan girl of Soo Hyuk – oh, how looks were so deceiving! – but everything made sense when I heard her speak of him. She was using all sorts of poetic and philosophical words – for a moment there, I thought she would make a good poet – just to describe Soo Hyuk like he was an angel brought down from the Heavens. No, scratch that. She spoke of him like he was a God from those famous Greek myths, with such otherworldly beauty that none of his sculpted statue can ever compare! She let me off with a warning, claiming that I would never be safe if I ever made him mundane. I tried not to gape at that.

 

And so, they then left me for a couple of minutes to decide whether I should transfer to another class or blend in like a wallflower before they unleashed the other fan girls on me… In which, I still could not decide which option to pick.

 

Seriously! I used to be a pretty good social butterfly back in my other school, with lots of friends in my year and other years! Where did all those damned socializing skills fly off to?! Think fast, Kim Sun, or these girls might j–

 

Foul Mouth called out again. “Yah! Do you wanna die?! Decide already, you !”

 

Oho, I’m pretty sure I can take you on fist fighting and out-cursing you, but really… I sighed, “Do I have to decide now?”

 

Nerdy Bob Cut rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Why? Do you need more time for your slow brain to process?”

 

I tried hard not to narrow my eyes at her. “Jeez, why so condescending…” I muttered.

 

Petite Girl started to roll up her pristine-looking sleeves and tightened her ponytail. “This seven-on-one is going to be so much fun,” she snickered.

 

Cool Blondie smirked. “Count me out. I don’t wanna get scratched up like the last time you girls fought.”

 

Two Braids meekly said, “Me too. I don’t want scratches on my body. They’re too painful…”

 

Emo Red Hair grinned, while eyeing me hungrily. “I don’t mind scratches, just let me say the last words.”

 

I sighed. A five-on-one? I needed to stop these girls. Do not get me wrong. I could fight. I have a black belt in judo and taekwondo. The only problem was that I only fight when it was necessary, not for fun. I also did not fight those that were clearly weaker than I was. Looking at these girls and their physiques, the one with the best chance was probably the Cool Blondie, because of her athletic-looking body. Even then, it could be dangerous because I might not be able to control myself since I would be on defense mode… Damn it, looks like I’m getting some exercise after all.

 

Someone grabbed onto my hair. It was Foul Mouth. She started to grin, “Are you ready, newbie? Can you take on all five of us?”

 

, she’d better let go. I glared at her and gripped her arm that was holding onto my hair. I saw her eyes slightly wavering as I said with a low voice, “Let go.” I tightened my grip on her arms so that I knew it would hurt.

 

Brown Highlights was smirking. “Oooooh! You sound so tough! Let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter