CHAPTER 1

WHITE CHRISTMAS

Wooyoung still sits there, staring blankly at the closed door. Some wounds on his body are still bleeding, even the bandage over his head is soaked in red blood. But he doesn’t care, or at least he doesn’t feel hurt. At this moment, he really looks like a live statue with soulless eyes. The whole space has sunk in deep silence as if this world has stopped moving. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps is coming nearer and nearer. A man walking towards Wooyoung, sitting beside him and pat his back gently

“Why do you sit here Woo? You haven’t recovered well yet”

But Woo still keeps silent, his eyes don’t move and glued fixedly into the white closed door.

“I came to visit you but the nurse said that you were here”

That man asked without hoping to receive any response. He sighed heavily, raising his eyes to the same direction as Woo, whispered softly

“Junho is in coma, right? But don’t worry Woo ah, he will regain consciousness soon”

“Taecyeon ah….”

“Uhm.. I’m here”

“Doctor Park said that Nuneo …..”

Woo paused suddenly, his eyes now are full of tears which make Taec startle. He hold his friend’s hand tightly and waiting for his unfinished words.

“He said that Nuneo’s brain has injured severely. Maybe … maybe … he will lost his memory”

Taec mumbled a little and try to hold back his astonishing feeling now.

“Amnesia? But wait! … It is just temporary right? I mean his condition will become better soon, rite?”

Woo shook his head several times, gripping his lap tightly.

“I don’t know … I really don’t know”

Taec can’t do anything but sit there, seeing his best friend hopelessly. He wishes he could comfort Woo and made him happy again. But deep inside his heart, he knew one thing for sure no one in this world could bring a happy and energetic Woo back, except Lee Junho – the person who are sunk in a deep sleep behind this closed door.

Suddenly, a strange sound of alarm echoing from the sick-room made them panic. They jumped up with worried feeling flashing their face. Some nurses appeared and rushed hurriedly to Junho’s sick room. Woo run towards them, asking with a trembling voice

“What’s happened with my Junho…?”

“Let me go … The patient is in danger, please let go of my hand”, the nurse tried to escape from Woo who was clasping her wrist tightly.

Another nurse checked Junho’s condition thoroughly, even the cardiogram and blood pressure. It seemed that his heartbeat becomes weaker and weaker.

“Hurry up! Tell Dr Park immediately. The patient situation has been already so critical. His blood pressure goes down too quickly”

When hearing those words, Woo collapsed totally and fall down to the floor. He held his head and quaked with fear. Tears are rolling down uncontrollable, wetting his face and even Taec’s hands – the person who are trying to make Wooyoung calm

“Calm down boy! Everything gonna be alrite, Junho will definitely overcome this difficulty. Believe me!”

“It’s my fault, entirely my fault”

“No no, Wooyoung ah. It’s just an unfortunate of destiny. No one could expect it”

Doctor Park appeared in a few minutes. He rushed towards the sick room without any hesitation, he just paused a while when Woo kneeled down and hold his white blouse tightly

“Please…please…I beg you … Save him, save Nuneo. I beg you!”

The old doctor said nothing but reassured Woo with his slight nod. But he himself couldn’t predict what’s going on with Lee Junho and whether he can save that fragile life or not.

Many hours has passed without anything, even the slightest commotion. Woo seemed so painful and desperate that he just sat there right in front of the sick-room, waiting hopelessly for a miracle that might happen with his beloved Nuneo. Taec walked back and forth so many times, grinding his dry lips, sometimes he raised his eyes to see that miserable person and gave a deep sigh. He had never expected such a tragedy like this. Just a few days ago like as if tomorrow, they were partying all night to congratulate on Woo and Junho’s wedding. But now, everything had changed dramatically. No hyper mood, no crispy laughters, no sounds of music and clinking wine glasses. In this moment, just the silence and the restless sound of crying covered the space, giving out a feel of gloomy and desperate. Life is definitely unpredictable and the border between life and death seemed so faint. Time was so slow as if a century had already passed.

Suddenly, the door opened and Doctor Park come out with quite relieving mood. His face was full of sweat.

“Junho is safe now. Luckily, we can control the situation rather well. I strongly believe that he will be awake soon”

Woo looked at him with his wet eyes but full of gratitude. His throat seemed so choked that his words couldn’t be heard clearly.

“Thank you … Thank you so much… I owe you a life”

“No problem, that’s my responsibility. Your mind can rest now…. But there’s something I wanna to tell you in advance”

“Is there any problem, Mr Park?”

“Not too serious. But you should be psychologically prepared”

“I don’t understand your idea”

“I mean … When I checked and examined him, he has regained consciousness for a short moment. But importantly, he ….”

Mr Park hesitated in seconds

“It seemed that Junho didn’t remember well, a part of his memory has vanished. When I talked to him, he said that he was just 23 years old. The memory in three recent years has already disappeared out of his head”

Wooyoung was frozen for a while, even Taec felt irritated just by the idea that Junho couldn’t remember that he is indeed 26 years old now. At last, Woo gulped a deep breath and asked softly

“Does he …remember me?”, a slight ray of hope flashing his face but everyone could realize the deep pain through his eyes. The most horrible thing that even he had never imagined before may happen. If it’s true, how can he face with that? How can he tolerate that misfortune.

“Wooyoung ah, I really don’t know”

“How long does it take for Junho to get back his memory”

“Maybe a few days, a few months, a few years …. Maybe he will lose his memory forever. No one can foretell it. So you should prepare yourself for the worst case”

……

A week later, Junho has been awake and in process of health check. A miracle has come to this smiling-eyes prince and he has recovered faster than expected. He didn’t know there was a man who was waiting for him through the mirror. He smiled a little when Mr Park informed him that everything was done and he could be discharged from hospital in some days.

“Junho ah, remember to come here often to have health check. Though your health is rather good now, we must prevent some side-effects of it”

“Okay, thank you so much, Dr Park”

“By the way, have you met your family yet?”

“No! I am curious so much about that. The nurses told me there’s a man who always takes care of me but I haven’t seen him yet”

“You will meet him soon. He is waiting for you outside”

“Oh, really”, Junho raised his small eyes with surprised tone.

“I wanna ask you something in advance Junho ah”

“Oh, come on! Why do you look so strange? Don’t make me scared”.

“Urhm, do you know anything about yourself?”

“What? Myself? Of course, I am Lee Junho, 23 years old. My hometown is Ilsan. Currently I am a law student, anything else do you wanna know about me?”

Doctor Park sighed heavily, he came towards his office desk, he picked up the calendar and brought it to Junho

“Junho ah, I must tell you something. There’s a sequel of your accident, it has affected your brain … Consequently, you have lost a part of your memory. In detail, you forgot all things in three recent years”

Junho looked straight to Doctor Park with astonished eyes, he seemed to disbelieve in what Mr Park had just said. He moved his eyes down to the calendar which printed the blue big words “2014”

“What’s going on here? I … lost my memory. This year is 2014, not 2011 rite? OMG, I don’t understand… I…”

He was speechless for a moment. Temporarily, he couldn’t accept the fact that he didn’t remember about anything in recent years. What did he do? Who did he meet? Who was he now? Everything was so vague and complicated. Three years had passed without any traces in his mind. He was no longer a law student and maybe he had worked for a company now. How about his family, his friends? Are there any changes that he should know? After a time, he forced himself to come back with the reality

“So do you know anything about me now?”

“To the fullest of my knowledge, you are a rather famous composer now, Junho ah. You have a happy life, you’re talented and received many awards”

“Hold on! I am a composerrrrr?  What the hell! I am not a lawyer but a composer….is it indeed true???”

Junho shouted unbelievable. It’s true that he used to compose a little but just for fun, he had never dreamt of becoming a professional composer. More than that, he didn’t expect to quit his study of law and follow that dream, he never imagined how angry his parents must feel because of his stupid decision.

“Anything else Mr Park?”

“Ah, you have just got married with such a talented man too, Junho ah”, Mr Park smiled widely when he mentioned about Junho’s private life

“Whattttt? I am married??? With who? Is he a lawyer right? His name maybe Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul rite?”

“Oh I’m afraid not. If I ain’t mistaken, your spouse is Jang Wooyoung, a very famous dancer. He’s always been here to care for you. Don’t you remember him?”

“I… Jang Wooyoung ….got married… Oh no, what happened with me? I don’t have any sense of that name… Who is he? Do you have any misunderstanding? I mean.. It’s so ridiculous. Why do I have nothing in mind about my supposed-to-be spouse?”

“Definitely not. Both of you got accident on the way of coming back from your honeymoon. He also suffered from that accident but less serious than you. He has been worried for you very much Junho ah”

Till this moment, Junho can’t acquire any information. His head is about to explode because of many strange things which occurred. He didn’t have even the smallest concept of what is called his marriage, his life, his spouse. Everything about his three recent years was so blank and fading. He gripped his hands and closed his eyes tightly, strongly hoping that after opening his eyes again, everything was just a dream.

Suddenly, the door opened and a man appeared in front of his vision. A man in the mid-age of 20s with pale white skin and perfect body, the highlight on his face is the chubby cheek and to be honest, he is indeed handsome. Junho felt that he had met this man before but why he couldn’t remember where and when. That man came near to him, spoke with sweet voice

“Junho ah, do you feel better?”

“I’m fine… But who are you?”

Doctor Park replied to his query instead of that man who chose the way to keep silent

“He’s Jang Wooyoung, his spouse, Junho ah”

“Wooyoung… My spouse… Wait wait! I can’t believe in this …. No, I mean it’s so strange to me… Even I myself don’t know how can I get married ….”

“I have something to give you Nuneo ah…”

Wooyoung smiled a bit towards Junho and put a picture in his palm. Though he tried to look happy, Junho can also feel the sadness through his eyes. In just a moment, he felt so guilty about that. In this picture… He was smiling brightly with hands over Woo’s shoulder. Woo gave him a deep kiss on his cheek. Both wore white suit and it seemed to be a wedding ceremony. Junho could guess a little based on the decoration around.

“This is … our marriage photo, rite?” Junho whispered a little, still find it hard to believe

“Exactly Nuneo ah….”

“Wait! Why do you know my nickname? Who are you?”, Junho shocked a little when he heard that name coming from Woo’s mouth. His question is surging out without any notice

“Of course I know Nuneo ah, I’m your spouse and you’re my forever love”