The Ending

Better Late Than Never

DARA'S POV

Its been what? Two years since the last time i saw him.

"Dara?" I never thought he'd still remember me.

"Jiyong-ah." He smiled as i mentioned his name.

I went here in Korea to have a vacation. I thought dropping by the mall would be great then i stumbled upon him.

Who would have thought i'll see him here?

"You've changed a lot." he teased me.

"Major break ups change people." i teased back.

Kwon Jiyong aka G-Dragon, my first (ex)boyfriend. My major heartbreak.

"How are you? Are you happy?" I asked him as we entered Starbucks. 

"Yup. I am. How about you?" Before answering, i ordered a Strawberries & Cream frappe for myself and his favorite, Caramel Macchiato.

"You still remember?" I nodded shyly.

"Of course its you."

"You haven't answered my question, Dara. How about you? Are you happy?" I guess he was making sure if i was fine or i finally moved on.

"Totally." i gave him my best smile. 

"Right, what a question. You were the first one to be happy when we broke up." He chuckled. What a jerk haha.

"You were the one who let go of me, Jiyong-ah." There was a very long silence. 

No one dared to speak. Our orders came and yet no one spoke a word.

JIYONG = Major heartbreak. He was the first one to confess and he courted me for a year then i said yes. We were in an official relationship for three years.
That was three long years for me. It felt forever when i was with him. That's why when he broke up with me, i was devastated.
I cried all day, all night. I was broken to pieces. 

I never understood the reason of him breaking up with me. But the thing is, he made me happy for three years. 
I still consider myself lucky because Gus experienced forever in just a numbered of days with Hazel, while i experienced it for three long years.

"Now that i think about it. If i did not let you go, you might not be happy right now." He broke off the silence.

"Did you regret it?" it was a damn serious question but i decided to ask it in a joking manner.

"Yes. I did. I mean i let go of the best girl for me, that time. The girl that was ready to give up everything for me. The girl that has been with me all the time. Through my ups and downs. The girl who loved me wholeheartedly. The girl that is only capable of loving a bastard like me. Yup i really did regret it. I felt so ing stupid when i decided to end our relationship but you know why i did it right?" He gave that look.

"Because you want me to be happy." i rolled my eyes.

"Good thing you know."

"How can i forget it? It was the lamest reason ever. Sorry not sorry Jiyong. You shouldn't have sugarcoated. You should've said straight to my face that you don't love me anymore." He let out a hearty laugh.

"You know i loved you right?" Loved. Past tense. Was i still assuming that he still loves me after the break up?

How stupid of you Sandara.

"How ironic. We loved each other so much that we thought we'd be together forever. Our relationship proved that Forever does not exist. That there is no such thing as a happy ending." He nodded in agreement.

"That's true, even though i want us to happen, like what Regina George said in Mean Girls, Its not gonna happen. Sometimes in order for the other to be happy, one must let go. Look at you, if i didn't let you go, you wouldn't be close to getting married. Congratulations Dara!" I wanted to cry.

"How did you..."

"Saw your engagement ring." he pointed at my hand. Oh right.

"Congratulations to you too. Your concert is very successful. Give me passes." i smiled at him.

"Tss. You can just ask Taeyang to give you VIP passes. Hey your phone is vibrating." i looked at my phone and saw Youngbae calling.

"Sure. I'll drop really soon. I should go now. My soon-to-be husband is looking for me." 

He chuckled and nodded.

"Sure." we hugged each other and parted ways.

A part of me wanted him to stop me from getting married. I wanted him to take me back.
He thought maybe this marriage i will be having is something i wished.
Little did he know, it was all arranged by my parents.

I guess i should move on just like what he did.

*****

JIYONG'S POV

It took me a lot of guts to talk to her. It was a surprise that i didn't stutter. 

I am kinda proud of myself because i kept my cool.

"Sup bro? How did it go?" Seungri asked me as soon as i arrived at the hotel.

"I was damn late."

"Tell me about it." It was hard for me to accept but...

"I was a little too late to win her back. She's getting married to Youngbae." Seungri's eyes were about to pop when i said it.

"Youngbae? Our Youngbae? TAEYANG HYUNG?! For real?!"

"Yup. For real. My tip for you is that when you meet the best girl for you. Who is willing to give up everything for you and who will love you and your flaws, never ever let go. No matter how hard the journey will be. Don't give up. Make it worth fighting for. I wish i realized that earlier." 

And my tip to all of you, there's no such thing as better late than never.

It is never better to be late. Cause even though you are just a second late, everything you dreamt and the person you love can never be yours again. 

Just like me, i thought i could win her back but it seems to me that she found her happiness with my bestfriend who turned out to be her future husband. 

just wish it was me whom she'll meet at the altar to exchange eternal vows with.

***** *****

Hi. :) 

I'm in the mood to write one shots. hahahaha.

I originally wrote this with Nichkhun and Tiffany as the main character.

But yeah i changed my mind.

Comment, Subscribe and Upvote.

Mwaaaa. :*