Epilogue

Hidden Scars and Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nell - Haven

His hands were tucked away inside his pants pockets and his head hung low while nearing his destination. He knew he would be visiting that place one day. But not to see his tombstone, not to visit his grave, not this early, it just made no sense.

He walked past the several tombstones that were neatly lined against each other. His eyes trailed from one stone to the other. Deep within him he wished all of this was a huge joke. Even if it was cruel that someone would tell him they were pranking him, he still wished for it to happen. If not, he hoped that this was a mere nightmare. If someone, anyone could just shake him he would be brought back to reality. They would be there together. All three of them like the old times.

His steps stopped over the withered grass. The sound of crisp heard from beneath his feet. His heart became heavy as reality hit him hard. He was really gone.

“You really left…” Jungkook’s head hung low. His eyes lingered on the tombstone. His best friend’s name was written on it.

‘Kim Taehyung. Stayed strong till the end’

“You just left like that…you punk” Jungkook’s hands clenched that were tucked inside his pockets. Yeah, they had fought. They had a huge fight. Even though Jungkook was frightened by his own friend and left him in the cold. He would have lied if he didn’t say that he missed him like hell now.

It had only been a week since the last time Jungkook saw him. Their last encounter was the most painful of them all. He had called him all of those names and shouted at his face. He practically ended their friendship.

“It’s your own fault” He spoke firmly. He knew deep down if he had been nicer to him that day. Heard him out, let him tell his side of the story. Jungkook would have understood his part. He would have understood the real pain Taehyung was going through. That entire struggle with his family had basically worn him out.

His mother, she had cancer. Jungkook had no idea. He didn’t know Taehyung went home to a mother who was slowly dying and he couldn’t do anything to stop it. He had a father who only showed up when necessary, others than that he was away giving him full responsibility for his mother. He understood now how his father was only there to provoke him and make his life miserable.

--

“Oh, I hate walking past this cemetery” Jungkook spoke walking past the graveyard that was in the same direction as his house. Both Jimin and Taehyung snapped their heads towards the area and observed the place.

“Relax, we’re here” Jimin threw his arm around Jungkook’s shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. He noticed how Jungkook was already shaking from fear.

“I am not scared right now” He yanked himself out of his embrace leaving Jimin baffled. “It’s during the night I am freaked out” He marked and Taehyung snickered.

“Why? It’s not like the bodies beneath the ground are zombies that come to life during night” He simply stated with a shrug and Jungkook rotated his head in his direction. He noticed how Taehyung was so indifferent when giving his explanation. As for Jungkook he became terrified.

“Thank you. Thank you very much” Jungkook spoke sarcastically. Both Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other confused and then back at Jungkook. “Now I’ll remember that every time I pass by this graveyard. Thank you for the wonderful idea”

“I am full of them” Taehyung palmed his shoulder adding a grin making Jungkook roll his eyes.

They were at Jungkook’s house and were sitting inside his room. His mom had been nice enough to make some snacks for the guys to munch on. “Hey, how about you two stay over for the night?” Jungkook exclaimed while clasping his hands together.

“I am in” Jimin agreed immediately with his hand raised in the air. Taehyung on the other hand hesitated.

“I don’t know” He shrugged a bit with a wrinkle of his nose.

“Why not?”

“I am…not used to sleep elsewhere…beside my bed” He excused. Jungkook narrowed his eyes on Taehyung sensing that something wasn’t right. But he didn’t want to dig too deep. He believed if Taehyung was bothered by something he would eventually tell the boys himself.

“But I’ll stay over for a few hours before leaving” Taehyung added on quickly and the guys complied.

--

“You couldn’t stay because you knew your mother would be alone at home, huh?” Jungkook scoffed. “Why didn’t you just tell us?” He shook his head in disapproval.

“You…joining that gang…was that a cry of help?” Jungkook mum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter