Hidden Scars and Broken Promises

Hidden Scars and Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning; one long one shot!

~~

Jorge Ménedez - Cold

The door was slammed shut on his face and his whole world collapsed. He snickered, but only for a brief second until he realized that he was now all alone. None of them understood or would ever understand his situation. He was only a teenage boy, he didn’t know any better.  He was tempted; he didn’t mean to hurt anyone. He just believed for once he was going to get the chance to prove a point. But proving a point didn’t feel so important anymore. With a sigh he his heels walking further and further away from the house. He knew now that he was really all alone.

--

“MOM! I am leaving!” Taehyung rushed with his toast placed inside his mouth. His arms sliding through the holes made in his dress jacket, as his feet were busy putting on his shoes. Once again he had managed to sleep longer than planned. It only made him and his mother stressed, especially his mother.

“Behave at school!” She shouted from the kitchen, probably tidying the place after Taehyung had made a mess.

“YEAH! See you!” He yelled back grabbing the toast with one hand while pushing the front door open with the other. He ran down the small road towards the bus stop and there he noticed his two friends arguing with the bus driver. He had to admit he would at least see that scene once or twice every week. It was all thanks to him and his sleeping habits.

“See, he’s here! Geez, you couldn’t even wait for 5 minutes” Jimin yelled at the bus driver pointing towards the panting and still running Taehyung. He made it by the bus and slipped through the open doors not even caring to apologize to the bus driver for the commotion. The driver was used to it by now, but he would still get ticked off by his tardiness.

“I know the perfect present for you” Jungkook pointed out walking through the bus trying to find a place to sit.

“What?” Taehyung questioned plopping on the seat in the way back having Jimin sitting on one side while Jungkook on the other.

“An alarm that will tick of every 5 seconds at least then you’ll stop getting late for school” Jimin laughed in response and nodded his head.

“True that” He agreed with Jungkook as Taehyung ignored them and ate his toast.

The moment they hopped off the bus a goddess like figure walked past them. Jungkook couldn’t help but snicker and nudge Taehyung’s side. He was busier patting away crumbs of bread away from his lips. But he snapped his head towards Jungkook who smiled at him sneakily and pointed towards Jimin. He turned his head to the side and spotted Jimin literally drooling after the girl who went by the name; Choi Nara. She went to the all-girl school that was placed right next to theirs.

Taehyung laughed too remembering now that he had confessed a week ago about his true feelings towards this certain girl. “Hey” Taehyung nudged Jimin back to reality who stared back at him still being half dazed. “If you continue staring at her like that she might believe you’re some stalker” Jimin cleared his throat and fixed his posture.

“I wasn’t staring”

“No, you were drooling” Jungkook corrected having Taehyung press his lips tightly shut to restrain his laughter.

Jimin couldn’t stand their presence anymore and walked off with a fast pace having the two boys laughing freely.

Sitting in class for the three was more of a joyful experience rather than a boring one. They got to spend their time together which was the most important. But what made it even better was to annoy the hell out of Jimin. He would tick off from time to time and burst in class. But the worst part; all three of them would get punished for it, and that was the case now.

“Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin. Out. Now!” Mr. Lee yelled out in rage. He couldn’t believe two warnings to these guys meant nothing. They continued their pranks and it was getting on his nerves by now.

“It was your fault” Jimin pushed Taehyung with his hip. They were placed on the ground outside of the classroom with their arms in the air their hands closed in fists. Every teacher and student that passed them by would know that they had been acting inappropriately in class. It was both punishment and humiliation at the same time.

“What? Jungkook made me do it” Taehyung came to his defense and pushed him back never once letting his arms down.

“Whose idea was it in the first place?” Jungkook whispered harshly back. The door to the classroom was open so the teacher could hear them. Just in case they did something outside of the rules, only this time outside of the classroom.

“Not mine” Taehyung just shrugged acting all innocent as if he wasn’t the mastermind behind every prank.

The sound of the bell ringing made them get up from their spot and throw their fist in the air. But their happiness didn’t last for long, as they felt the pain from holding the arms in the air for too long, grow in their shoulder and shoot through their arm. Getting punished .

Students rushed out of their classrooms but the trio was stopped by their homeroom teacher. “Where do you think you’re headed?” The teacher leaned against the doorframe of the classroom with his brow quirked up.

“Uhm…canteen?” Jungkook questioned instead of stating it.

The teacher only smirked in response and returned to the classroom. The guys sighed knowing well they had to follow the teacher. They didn’t have much choice. “You hold onto these” Mr. Lee pushed the set of books on Jungkook making him hold onto them steadily.

“You two can tidy this place” He referred to Jimin and Taehyung who went straight to work. While Taehyung washed the blackboard Jimin placed the chairs correctly and threw away trash.

The moment they were finished Jungkook ran back to the classroom joining the duo to the canteen. Once they had grabbed their food and found their regular place they ate quietly and minded their own business.

“You better get up from that seat before I force you out of it” Taehyung heard a familiar voice in the back. He turned around slowly seeing how Jimin and Jungkook were already peering over to the four bad boys at the boy high school.

Poor little Choi Junhong he was always the victim for the school’s bullies. They went by the names; Min Yoongi, Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon and Jung Hoseok. They were seniors which meant that the boys at this school only needed to hold on for one more year. After that the four would be gone forever.

“But...I…I…I am almost…finished” Junhong stuttered back and Jimin noticed now how everyone seemed engrossed in what was happening. But no one dared standing up for Junhong or better yet tell the teachers about what was happening.

“Did I hear a protest?” Namjoon, snickered the same person who had begun the discussion.

“I guess you did” Seokjin answered with his bored expression yet hard eyes settled on the shrunken Junhong.

“No, I didn’t mean to-“ Namjoon swiftly turned around and grabbed Junhong by his collar and pulled him up from the seat. His eyes bore a hole through Junhong’s who stared back at him with horror in his eyes.

“I said…scramble” Namjoon pushed him back on the seat giving him 5 seconds to pack his belongings and flee. He did as he was told grabbing onto everything he owned and ran out of the canteen. The four boys snickered only to sit around the now empty table and chatting happily. They acted like they didn’t just make a huge scene in front of everyone.

“They’re heartless” Jimin muttered as Taehyung turned around after watching the scene. He knew it was wrong of them to just sit and watch. He could have stood up for Junhong, but he couldn’t find the courage to do so. He knew deep down how it was to be victimized and bullied in front of everyone. He knew how he silently prayed every night that someone would save him but no one did. Even if he knew everything he just had no idea how to handle the situation. The worst part, he could get victimized too and he didn’t want that.

“They’ll get punished one day for all of their wrong deeds” Jungkook stated through gritted teeth and Taehyung nodded his head hoping that was the case.

--

His hands shoved through his pockets and his head hung low. It had darkened outside by now and his feet were aching from all of the walking. His heart just sank to his stomach after the last conversation. He knew walking would take him forever to get home. But at least then he would be able to get some fresh air and clear his mind. He could need that right now.

--

“You’re not so tough now are you?” He snickered seeing Jimin lying on the ground. His whole body was trembling from the several kicks that he received from the guy he used to call best friend. He tried getting up by pressing his now shaking hands on the ground. He used the last strength he had in his body to lift himself up and try fleeing away from the place but there was no use. They outnumbered him. It was him against them. There was no way out on this. They need to have mercy on him.

“One more kick” One of the guys whispered to their leader and he scoffed.

“Nah, that boy has had enough” He spat back, but his voice was filled with cockiness and arrogance. Jimin had no idea he would change so dramatically like this. Weren’t they best friend? Weren’t they supposed to stick up for each other when needed? He needed his old friend as of now.

“Come on. We’ll leave after that” Another boy spoke to the top dog and Jimin couldn’t hear his response as everything was turning blurry to him. His vision, his mind and his body became numb.

Another kick was felt against his hand that tried to get Jimin back up and he let out one last shriek. His hand had broken. His good hand had broken.

“Let’s leave. He can stay here and rot” Jimin heard their steps trail off and he was left there in the cold.

--

He stopped in his tracks and took a breather. His heart felt awfully heavy and his breathing became erratic as the memories flooded through his mind.

--

Another day of school was over and the three guys were heading to the bus stop, locking heads, pushing and nudging each other. Basically acting like normal teenage boys. But they stopped abruptly seeing Nara standing by the gates of the boys’ school with her two friends. All three of them were handing out cards to the boys heading home.

Taehyung purposely switched places with Jimin so he could get the chance to interact with Nara. But Jimin believed otherwise he was willing to chicken out. “No, this is your chance” Taehyung muttered. He peered over at his friends who nodded their heads determined and he decided it was now or never.

“You’re invited to my party” She cheered handing out cards but stopped when she saw Jimin almost passing her by. What seemed to make him step back was Taehyung’s hand that pulled him back to place.

“Oh, Park Jimin right?” She pointed out with a bat with her eyelashes. Her lips stretched into the most beautiful smile and Jimin felt his knees grow weak. He smiled back like a love fool that he was, but was brought back to reality when Jungkook cleared his throat.

“Y-yeah…that’s me” He awkwardly responded rubbing his neck. He noticed how her girls giggled quietly as Nara continued smiling at him.

“You and your friends are invited to my party this Saturday. Make sure to be there” She added a wink handing out three invitations that he could give to his friends. Jimin reached out for the cards and felt his finger graze against his. A wave of shock went through his arm and straight to his heart that jumped in pleasure.

Jimin just froze at his spot staring at the invitations and Jungkook cursed mentally for his stupidity. “We’ll be there” He smiled sheepishly towards Nara and dragged Jimin away with Taehyung.

Once they had gotten on the bus Jungkook slapped Jimin’s head and he groaned in response.

“Hey what was that for?” He rubbed his head crying loudly.

“For your poor acting skills, control your feelings when you’re facing your crush. You looked like a total dork out there” Jungkook stated as Taehyung was busier reading the card that Jimin had given them both.

“I don’t care” A smile crept on his lips. “She knows my name” Jimin responded staring in the air being all dreamy. Jungkook palmed his face and rested his case. There was no use to speak reasonable to his friend.

--

A snigger left his lips thinking about the three dorks that used to be best friends but where now separated. They could barely spend a day apart but were now divided both physically and mentally. He never meant for this to happen. But it had and there was nothing he could do about it now.

--

As the day at school had ended Jungkook and Taehyung were walking in the back fooling around as Jimin was in the front. By the time they were near the school gates Jimin stopped in his tracks and soon the two others copied his movements.

“Nara” Jimin mumbled seeing her standing by the school gates. He had no idea why he even called her name. She was only standing there, but in second thoughts it looked like she was waiting for someone.

She snapped her head in their direction making her dark brown hair sway in the air. “Taehyung!” She exclaimed and Jimin felt a pang in his heart. She seemed so bright saying his name. Was he suddenly invisible to her?

Both Jungkook and Taehyung froze at their spot. Both of them could feel the tension in the air. She tiptoed over to him and batted with her eyelashes. Jimin eyed the two he didn’t like the way she interacted with him.

“Can I have a word with you?” She asked and Taehyung peered over at Jimin. He didn’t get a nod of approval from him, but neither did Jimin say no. He cleared his throat and nodded his head. Both of them walked a few feet away from the both as Jimin and Jungkook were left in the background.

“So…what’s up?” Taehyung awkwardly rubbed his neck, swearing he could feel two piercing eyes in the back.

“I don’t know how to say this…” She nibbled on her bottom lip before staring at him with her doe eyes. “Ever since you transferred to this school I’ve been having my eyes on you” She confessed and his jaw dropped.

“What about…Jimin?” He asked and she wrinkled her nose and waved with her hand.

“Oh please, he was just a plan to get closer to you. Besides he’s such a ert. He always tries to get a peek underneath my skirt. God, I hate that boy” She rolled her eyes. “But after you helped me at the party I understood that we don’t need anyone else besides the two of us” She stepped closer to him. Her eyes softening and a small smile placed her lips. Taehyung took a step back in response leaving her confused.

“I think you’ve gotten the wrong idea…”He shook his head not approving of her flirting with him. His buddy was in the back seeing everything; he had probably heard everything too.

“What do you mean? Why did you save me from those punks at the party?” She shrieked in disbelieve.

“Because if I ignored you I would have regretted it for a long time regarding you being my best friend’s biggest crush” She gawked at him not believing what she was hearing. All this time she had thought that he felt the same way too.

“Gah! I hate you!” She shouted at him and stomped away getting on the first bus that arrived. Taehyung just stiffened at his spot not having a clue what just happened. He was about to turn around to look over at the boys but was met with two hands pushing him against the gates.

“You bastard!” Jimin spoke through gritted teeth. His hands gripping his shirt and his eyes blazed with fire. Taehyung became even more clueless by Jimin’s response. Why was he so mad?

“Jimin!” Jungkook shouted but he ignored him and had his whole attention on Taehyung.

“All this ing time I thought I could trust you. But you knew, huh? You knew all along that she liked you. You just wanted me to look like a fool! This was all planned. I know it!”

“What the ?!” Taehyung shouted pushing him away. “I ing rejected her in front of you. How the hell can you even think that I have a thing for that girl?”

“Then how the hell does she know about the skirt thing, huh? You told her didn’t you?”

“You’re so goddamn obvious everyone at this entire school knows!” Taehyung fired back and Jimin snickered.

“No…” His voice went down a notch as he stepped back shaking his head. “Jungkook didn’t know. Which means you kept an eye on her; you’ve liked her all this time. God, I’ve been blind” He exaggerated everything in his mind before walking away from there wanting to get away from Taehyung as fast as possible.

“Just let him go. He can get like this from time to time. I know you don’t have feelings for Nara. He’s just upset to get an indirect rejection from her, that’s all” Jungkook tried calming the situation down. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” He added an unsure smile before running in the direction Jimin just left.

Taehyung was left dumbfounded. He couldn’t comprehend what just happened. It was unbelievable.

--

His hands rose up to his lips. He blew air on them to turn them warmer. But there was no use. He was cold inside out there was nothing that could make it better. He stiffened at his spot raising his hand in the air as a sigh escaped his lips. It was raining. It couldn’t have been a better timing for that.

--

The three boys got off the bus on a Monday morning and headed for class. Jimin was about to enter the class with Taehyung and Jungkook but was stopped by an outstretched arm. He blinked only to see Hoseok’s face.

All three of them shook from fear. They had no idea what the troublemakers wanted from them.

 “We need to have a word with you” They directed to Taehyung as the two boys just stared at them, He wasn’t even allowed to answer as the boys neared him. Taehyung stared at them seeing how they were towering him. He knew now that he was in big trouble; there was no way out on this one. Namjoon drew his face closer to his and smirked.

“Would you like to join our gang?” Taehyung was stunned by the request. Why would he want someone like him in a group like there’s? He never promoted violence like they did. He had never threatened anyone’s life. What made them believe that he was interested in becoming one of them?

Jimin and Jungkook were left speechless too. What was going on?

“W-why?” He questioned looking at the several faces that stared back at him.

“You’re quite the fighter. You seem like the person who can take over once we’re gone” Yoongi marked out and Taehyung couldn’t believe his own ears. They believed he was capable of taking over their job? The person everyone looked down upon before was now in the same league as the troublemakers at school? It made no sense.

“I-I need to think about it” He stuttered as Namjoon straightened his back adding a shrug. He was afraid a flat no would make them beat him senseless.

“Do all the thinking you want. But I swear once you’re in, you won’t regret it” He palmed his shoulder and Taehyung’s eyes followed the boys that left him one by one. It felt so unreal. For all of these years no one had even cared to flick their eyes in his direction. Was this a dream? He pinched his arm just to be sure, and he got the sign he needed this was reality.

He fixed his eyes on the astonished Jungkook and Jimin. “What the hell just happened?” He questioned them, but they were just as clueless as him.

--

With every step the rain turned heavier. But he didn’t fasten his pace. Who cared if it rained? A little rain never hurt anyone, at least not him. He was already hurt by everything else that was happening in his life. A little rain couldn’t make it any worse. He had already hit rock bottom.

--

Taehyung happened to pass by the backside of the club heading his way inside when he heard a familiar voice.

“I told you, you’re not invited” Nara spoke between gritted teeth and Yoongi snickered.

“How so, princess? You know your dull party will be much better with us” She rolled her eyes out of irritation and Hoseok took a step forward. His index finger traced out the side of her face and she froze at her spot.

Taehyung’s eyes rounded. He couldn’t just stand and watch. This was Jimin’s girl. If he ignored it and told Jimin about it later he knew he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter