12 days after...

Message of Regret

 

*sits down in director chair with a fake megaphone*

Annddddd....ACTION!

We continue with what happens in the days after the ending of Servant of Evil. What does it have in store for us this time? Read on and find out~

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

---12th day after the incident

The sun shone brightly in the blue sky, no clouds were in sight and the waves were soft and gentle. On the sandy white beach stood a young boy no younger than 15, his brown hair fluttering gently in the salty breeze. He donned a rough brown tunic and black tights; an expensive looking red cloth hung loosely around his neck, its colour light and faded, though the golden thread still showed the original four-leafed clover design. He tilted his head and shielded his eyes from the bright light.

“Hey… Remember that legend you told me when we came here? ‘Put a parchment with a wish written on it into a small bottle and if it’s washed away by the sea then someday the thought will bear fruit’? Well… I never believed in it but I guess I’ll give it a try…”

He leant down and gently dropped the bottle into the water, watching as the waves tossed it back and forth, slowly drawing it out into the wide open sea. The faintly white parchment was rolled up and tied with a red ribbon, inside the bottle also sat a golden bracelet, attached to it were various charms: a golden slipper, a crown, a dress, a bear, a sword and a four-leafed clover. He watched it slowly drift away from the shore, bobbing with the waves and disappearing over the horizon.

“Oi! Kid! Get back here and keep working! The food isn’t going to magically appear you know!” a man yelled from a field close by, his straw hat blocking off the sun from damaging his skin.

The boy turned around, surprised, and chuckled before running back to the farm quickly.

---Later that evening

26 men and 4 boys crammed into their dining hall, hungry and tired after a day’s work. The eldest sat at the head while the others distributed themselves depending on their favourite person along the table, many fighting over seats that were near their favourite food too. For example, Ryeowook and Donghae fighting over who would sit next to Kyuhyun who waited boredly next to Sungmin while Hangeng sat closest to the Beijing fried rice instead of next to Siwon. The brown haired boy sat silent and alone at the other end, waiting for his cue to eat. He looked up at the large painting sadly, his eyes tracing over the features gently. The painting hung on the wall opposite the door, so large that it took 6 people to carry and hang it. The golden frame had carved angels and doves along it, all rising to a single crown at the top, framing a beautiful smiling young girl.

“Hey Minho, you still staring at her? We miss her too, but she would want you to be happy. That’s why she died for you…” Dongjun sat down beside him and patted his back, the others also looking up at the painting.

Soon Hwa’s painting was a picture of perfection. She sat upon the chair like a proper lady would, her back straight and hands folded neatly in her lap. Her bright brown eyes shined exceptionally bright just like when they were little, her lips curving up to form a cute smile at the painter. Her long brown locks cascaded over her left shoulder in locks; a red-feathered gold clip in the shape of a phoenix held her hair up and matched perfectly with the red sash around her petite waist. The golden dress fitted her form, the thin lace netting embedded with priceless jewels that overlayed the silk fabric underneath.

Another pat on his back brought Minho back to earth, Henry looked at him with a sad smile as he sat down on the other side. Everybody gave a silent prayer and smiled at the picture gently as they started eating. Minho dug in hungrily, the slightly bland food tasting delicious after a hard day’s work.

You were always beneficial to me

And would do anything

I've only always been selfish

And gave you troubles

---FLASHBACK

“But mother! I didn’t do it!”

A 6 year-old Minho cried as he was picked up by his mother, afraid of the pain of being spanked. The wall behind him had random swirls of blue and red paints with splotches of yellow and splashes of white, the evidence of a child’s creativity.

The queen carried her son to the throne room where a playground was set up for the children to play. Minho’s cries echoed loudly as Soon Hwa and Dongjun’s laughter stopped. A girl’s head poked out of a makeshift tower, her hair falling loosely around her face.

“Mama…?”

The queen didn’t reply, instead sitting down on her throne and setting Minho on her lap.

“Mama! I didn’t do it!” Minho cried, the lies showing through his eyes.

Soon Hwa ran up to them, pulling on her mother’s hand. She looked to Minho for silent explanation as he pleaded her with teary eyes.

“Mama…It was me! I started the paint fight there…” Soon Hwa pouted up at their mother, her eyes expertly portraying honesty.

Sighing, the queen let Minho down, only to pick Soon Hwa up. Minho looked at his sister as their mother raised the piece of wood, bringing it down on the girl’s behind as she cried out in pain, clutching onto her mother’s leg. Dongjun ran out from the maze of buildings when he heard her cries, eyes flicking from the tears on the girl’s face to the Minho’s regretful look as the queen disciplined the wrong child.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Poor Minho living life with the 29 of them...but is he really that happy? Will he survive without his shield and his security? Next time on MoR.

a/n: yay! Dedicated this whole season to my cite dongsaengs and loving unnies who have been bugging me and all to update :'D But most of all, this is for you Moonsoo happy end of exams~