20th December

25 Days of December

All day Saturday, Taekwoon was home alone: Hakyeon was visiting family, Wonshik was working and Hongbin's whereabouts were unknown.

The landlord had visited early that morning to let them know the earliest he could get someone to fix the heating was going to be the next day, so Taekwoon had been making the most of his time alone to catch up on TV shows he'd been getting behind on.

A knock at the door came at nearly seven o'clock, just after he'd finished dinner, and Taekwoon opened it to see Wonshik. His greeting was met with a sullen hum of acknowledgement.

Taekwoon frowned. Wonshik had been acting strange since the day before and he couldn't help wondering if it was because of him. At first, he'd just chalked it up to Wonshik being frustrated about the heating in his apartment, and when they woke up, he'd decided it had to just be because he wasn't a morning person. Perhaps it was just a series of coincidences and he was now just in a bad mood because of work. But what if it was something to do with the hand-holding incident?

"How was your day?" Taekwoon ventured.

"Fine," Wonshik grunted, kicking off his shoes and hanging his coat on one of the hooks beside the door.

Things weren't looking optimistic.

"Have you eaten?" Taekwoon asked as Wonshik scooped up his pyjamas that had been draped over the back of the sofa.

"Yeah," he answered curtly, before going to the bathroom and shutting the door.

Taekwoon felt like he'd been slapped. What was Wonshik's problem? There had to be something more to it. He'd only known Wonshik for less than three weeks, but it was definitely out of character behaviour.

He hovered next to the sofa, waiting for Wonshik to emerge, and as soon as he did, Taekwoon didn't let himself shy away from asking.

"Have I done something wrong?"

A moment's hesitation gave Wonshik away. "No. Do you want to watch TV?"

The abrupt subject change had Taekwoon pressing his lips together in a thin line but he didn't question him further. Wonshik obviously didn't want to talk about it so, until he did... two could play his game.

"No," Taekwoon answered, coldly, before sweeping by and closing his bedroom door behind him.

They'd see how Wonshik liked the taste of his own medicine.