Who knew he was right? I did!

He was right

~Taemin's POV~

"Hey Jonghyun hyung!" I cried out in our dorm, expecting only said hyung to turn to my smiling face but instead I got all the four hyung's attention - even Jinki hyung's, though he resumed his chicken-devouring, his attentive eyes were still on mine.

Kibum hyung, I could understand, he was, after all sitting next to Jonghyun hyung on the couch, their legs entwined. I smiled at the two, how do they get to be so cute but me and Jinki hyung... Well, let's just cross that bridge when we get there.

Even Minho hyung was looking at me with his big brown eyes that were previously on a page of the new novel he had borrowed -from who? I have no idea. Hmm, maybe I'd do some investigating later.

"Uh, Minnie? You wanna say something?" Jonghyun hyung's words snapped me right out of my day dream.

"Huh?" I blushed at the attention but I tried to keep it on the down low -key word being tried but I ultimately failed- and in a nanosecond my megawatt smile was already on my face before I realized it as I remembered what to say.

"Oh yeah. Hyung!" I subtlety studied his face before I spoke, "You must be hungry now, huh?" As of on cue, his stomach growled loudly.

The whole dorm bursted with laughter and praises, Kibum hyung even questioning me how I did that. 

I smiled and shrugged, turning back to my room to watch a movie on my laptop.

--

After hours engrossed in a horror film I'd been watching, the small knock on my door did all too well in scaring the heck out of me, a scream came out of my lips as I accidentally knocked my laptop to the ground.

Blinking as the room was dark again, I checked my laptop to see if it worked and I sighed gratefully when it did.

Putting it back down on my study table, the knocking from before continued, just when I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me.

I got up and headed towards the door, knowing my room so well, I expertly found the light switch and in a second my room was filled with the fluorescent lighting. 

Opening my door, my eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I saw none other than Jinki hyung at the door.

I was about to speak when he beat me to it, "Minnie, can I come in?" 

And because I was just so awesome at talking, note the sarcasm, I dumbly nodded, moving away from the door enough for him to usher in.

My eyes stared at his toned figure as he nonchalantly plopped down on my bed. Heaving in a huge intake of air, Jinki hyung weaved a hand through his brown locks before his gaze locked with mine.

"Uh, hyung?"

"Minne, how'd you do that?" 

"Do what, hyung?"

"You know, the mind-reading thing." I blinked twice before I managed to figure out what he said, or at least, trying to say.

"You mean the thing I did with Jonghyun hyung?" His eyes lit up like a child's on Christmas, making me blush.

"You wanna know how I did it?" He nodded his head frantically, I thought it was gonna come off sooner or later, I'd rather it be never.

"Uh," I stood there awkwardly, rubbing my nape before answering, "well, I guess you read the person? Like study his or her facial expression, body language and stuff like that. Intuition helps too."

Jinki hyung nodded, and with that, he got out of my room, after mumbling a faint 'thanks'.

So... That happened. I shrugged and got back to my laptop and my movie. I shook my head, hoping that I shake my thoughts of Jinki hyung along with it, and tried to focus on the movie. 

(Taemin actually forgot about that little encounter and thought it was all a dream.)

//Time skip//

Okay, is it just me or has Jinki hyung been acting weirder. Well, weirder than the Jinki hyung I've come to know, and that's saying something.

The stares, the lingering gaze, all directed at yours truly. At first it was just faint, I hardly notice it at all. But soon he was getting way too close for comfort and he kept saying things that were plain obvious.

Like that one time during rehearsals, Jinki hyung stared at my face for what seemed like hours (it was probably just a few minutes) and just when I wanted to as if there was something on my face, he blurted out, "You're tired, arent you?"

I was taken aback by his words so I only managed to nod stiffly.

"I'm right?" He seemed bewildered when I nodded again. 

"Oh." He said, eyebrows furrowed as if he was in deep contemplation.

And that other time when I was obviously bored to death, sighing as I lied on the couch, not really paying attention to whatever was playing on tv when Jinki hyung appeared in my face, his eyes seemed focused and again, he stated, "you're bored, aren't you?"

Seeing no harm in agreeing, I nodded my head.

"I'm right?" Again with that face. I nodded again. 

And that other time when I was blatantly eating my lunch, his gaze was on my face. Blushing, I thought I had something on my face or at the corner of my mouth but instead of saying so, Jinki hyung just said, "You're hungry, aren't you?"

Dumbfounded, I nod anyway. "I'm right?" Again, with that cute face of his and again, I  couldn't  help myself from nodding. 

I thought it was cute how he'd gaze at me from time to time. Oh my gosh! Did he figure out my feelings for him?! Damn it! And here I thought he'd never catch on.

"Taebaby?" 

"AAAHHH! DON'T KILL ME!!" 

"Uh... Tae?" I looked up from my arms and found Kibum hyung staring at me like I've suddenly grown two heads. What was that all about?

"Oh.. Hyung, it's just you."

"Taebaby, are you okay or should I be concerned?"

"I'm fine hyung! Really ~" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and grinned when he let it go.

"It's cool how Jinki hyung tries to mind read other people, huh?" And so the topic changes, though I had my mind stuck on hyung's words. 

"Huh?" Obviously the stupid look on my face gave the fact that I was confused as shiz right now.

"You know how impressed he was that time when you supposedly "read" Jonghyun's mind. It's cute that he practices it with you."

My head replayed Kibum hyung's words. And then it hit me, like a ton of bricks, that Jinki hyung didn't figure out that I liked him. I should've known. I was too stupid to think that Jinki hyung could like me back. I mean, he's the leader and the oldest, why would he like a child like me?

I mentally sigh, I really have to stop jumping to conclusions. It would only break my heart.

"-in? Taemin? You okay?" I snapped my head back to face Kibum hyung, his eyes were filled with worry.

"I'm fine hyung." I waved it off. "Trust me." I said, only to have him squint his eyes on me, which seemed more hilarious than intimidating.

"Shouldn't you be worried about something else?" Hyung only looked at me skeptically before I leaned in and whispered, "maybe in the lines of you and Jonghyun hyung's next date." I grinned like a cheshire cat, wiggling my eyebrows as hyung's face flushed.

"KIM JONGHYUN! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE!" And off he goes, stomping his was towards Jonghyun hyung who was looking like a deer caught in headlights. Minho hyung's soccer story ceased as Kibum literary dragged Jonghyun hyung towards the van.

I chuckled at the puzzled Minho who shrugged and continued his walk alone. Now that I have some alone time, numerous thoughts swam through my heads.

Jinki hyung could never love me back... right?

I sighed and looked to the sky, nights like this were perfect for being alone and just wallow in your thoughts. 

Kibum hyung and Jonghyun hyung were already in the van, Minho hyung close behind. Which reminded me, where was our cute leader? 

"Taemin?" I looked to my right and there was the man in question, looking at me with a soft smile plastered on his face. A smile that could never be because of me...

"Taemin, you okay?" I blinked at him before nodding slightly, my gaze immediately fell to my feet. I couldn't bear being near him, not right now anyway. I'm scared that I might say something I'd regret, and our bond would be forever broken... 

No, I'd take my chances with staying friends with Jinki hyung if it means that he would still be in my life.

"Minnie?" His voice was smooth, melting every bone in my body and all I wanted to do was jump in his arms and tell him that I love him. But of course, I resisted looking at him, afraid of what I might do when I get lost in those chocolate orbs.

From the corner of my eye, I could see hyung's left hand reaching out for my right. Just as our skin were about to touch, the sound of manager hyung yelling made us run faster towards the van.

I took my place at the back, leaning onto the glass window while Jinki hyung sat in front. The other three members were engaged in a pretty heated conversation to not notice the awkward atmosphere between me and Jinki hyung but that was fine. 

I needed some time alone.

I closed my eyes and tried to let sleep carry me away from this place, away from the noise, away from the pain... away from him. All throughout the ride back home, I couldn't help but feel that someone was staring at me. Throwing out that thought out the hypothetical window, I tried my best to let sleep take over, my body sore from all the rehearsals we've done.

"Minnie, we're home." I felt someone shake me, my eyes met with Minho hyung's as soon as they fluttered open. I was kind of disappointed that it's not Jinki hyung.

I nodded and followed the rest, my eyes kept gazing at my feet. I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now, and thanks to Kibum hyung, all of them thought my usual perkiness was gone because I was tired.

Well, all except one.

"You're depressed, aren't you?" I didn't need to look who was beside me, I'd know that heart-melting voice anywhere.

I nodded. "I'm right?" I nodded again.

Silence floated in between us, suffocating me, but not quite effecting Jinki hyung. I mentally slapped myself, of course he wouldn't be effected. He doesn't feel the same!

Damn, my conscious could be mean sometimes.

Soon we got to our dorm and went in. I took of my shoes and dragged my feet towards my room, Jinki hyung was beside me every step of the way.

I couldn't take it anymore, that was the last straw. I turned to look at hyung but when I did, my breath got stuck in my throat. Seriously?! Does he really have to be that close?

Before I could say anything, he spoke first. 

"You like me, don't you?" I only managed to stare at him, tears threatening to fall any second.

He's right.