Opportunity...?

Rain

Eun Hye’s POV

The first five minutes of the car ride…absolute silence. You could hear a pin drop. It was also extremely uncomfortable, being squished in between Leeteuk oppa and the car door. And not to mention the violin between my feet. If one of those guys kicked it, I WILL kill them. I don’t care who they are. Touch my violin, and you won’t live to see the light of another day.

Snapping me out of my reverie was the benevolent ringmaster of this circus, Leeteuk. Who was just trying to make small talk.

“So, Eun Hye, tell us more about you.” He asked nervously, fidgeting. Seems like he’s afraid of me. Great. I have a 28 year old man who’s afraid of a 25 year old girl who’s quite a bit shorter than him, might I add.

“…What do you want to know?” I replied in a disinterested tone. For a supposedly charismatic leader, he didn’t seem charismatic OR leaderly. He seemed more like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.

Leeteuk POV

This is so awkward. Can’t she talk at all? Or maybe she just doesn’t care…Yeah! That must be it! I mean, what girl wouldn’t care about us? Not to be self-centered or anything…

“So, Eun Hye, tell us more about you.” I asked. My palms were sweaty, so I rubbed them against my jeans.

Am I really afraid of this girl? She’s 25 and kind of short, but something about her… The cold, icy glare from her eyes and the lonely, frozen aura coming from her…

I involuntarily shivered, and then I noticed her looking at me. She turned away, seeming to notice something about me, then said:

“What do you want to know?” She seemed bored, disinterested.

“Uhh…” To tell the truth, I hadn’t thought that far ahead.

“Didn’t think that far ahead?” She turned to me, a smirk on her face. My ears turned red, and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

How did she even know? Is she a mind reader?

“No, I’m not a mind reader.” She said, still smiling. “I’m just good at reading faces.”

“Uh, creepy much?” Heechul said. I shot him a death glare. Seriously, the girl just lost her dad and now Heechul was lowering her self-esteem?

“…Why don’t you start with your life story?” I asked, trying to make conversation while also trying to learn more about our little mystery guest.

“Well…you’ll probably be bored…”

“No! We wanna hear it!” Ryeowook piped up, surprising us all. He usually didn’t talk in a conversation at all.

“Well, if you say so…”

Author’s POV

“I was born in Incheon, Korea. I don’t have any friends. My mom hates me. I don’t have friends. When I was young, I didn’t play with other kids. I studied and I played violin and piano.”

“Sounds like a rough childhood…” Shindong frowned.

“Haha, that’s not the least of it.” She smiled bitterly.

“My mother sent me away for college. I have been living in Japan for the past seven years. Four years for college and I didn’t want to come home, so I just lived in Japan the other 3 years. This is my first time visiting Korea since then. As the result of living in Japan for 7 years, and also through the bugging my parents, I can read, write, and speak Japanese, Chinese, English as well as I can read, write, and speak in Korean.”

The boys were stunned by this little fact. How could one person hold so much knowledge? Finally, one of them got the courage to speak.

“What did you study in college?” Shy little Henry Lau spoke.

“I studied music. Violin, to be exact. Violin is my main instrument, though I play piano too. You play, right?” Directing her question at Henry.

“Oh…yes…” Henry mumbled, ducking his head down as he blushed.

“Well anyway, I plan on staying here now; I don’t really want to go back to Japan. Now that I think about it, I really missed Korea. So I’ll just find a job and an apartment and settle down.” She smiled. “Which brings me back to the question: What do you guys have anything to do with me?”

The limo slowed down as they arrived in front of the SM building.

“You’re about to find out.”

Hello! Author here!

I hope you like it so far :D

Please comment and subscribe, no silent readers!!

And please keep supporting me... I didn't update that much because I didn't have subscribers and I felt bad...that may sound wimpy, but it's true...

SARANGHAE, MY READERS! <3