Revelations

Why

Yuri blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. No, it was like a hundred blink before she absorbed that Jessica had just kissed her. Her bestfriend Jessica had just kissed her.

What the?!

“Di…Did you…Did you just kissed me?” the dumbfounded Yuri could only ask. One minute they were talking about how she feels and the next thing she knew, Jessica had crashed her lips with hers.

“Yes, Yuri. I had just kissed you.” Jessica calmly responded which even made the confused Yuri even more astounded.

“Wae…Wae-yo?”

“Isn’t it obvious, Yul? I like you. I really, really like you.” It was now the ice-princess’ turn to let that thing off her chest.

She has been holding this since high school. Yuri has been her life-long crush since middle-school and she was a coward for not letting the girl know about her feelings. She was afraid that the girl might push her away, knowing that a girl-to-girl relationship is a big no-no in the society. She doesn’t even know if Yuri is a biual like her. She was afraid that Yuri might judge her and ignore her feelings. She was afraid that Yuri will push her away so Jessica decided to combat her true intentions with being the bestfriend who was always there for Yuri.

But when she learned that Yoona was in a relationship with her beloved Yuri, she was swept away. Yuri hits on girls. Yuri is like her. And she was so stupid not to feel and notice it on the girl whenever they’re together. And now that YoonYul broke up, Jessica decided to make a move on Yuri. She will not throw this chance away.

“Jessica…”

“I know Yuri. I know it’s not the right time to deal with this but please consider my feelings. I… I like you very much and if you just know how much I wanted to hurt Yoona after she broke your heart that I thought, if I could have made the first move on you and if you could have loved me instead, you’ll not experience all the crap feelings of being left alone by her…” Jessica reached Yuri’s hands and stared at her.

Yuri stared back at her bestfriend and she saw the sincerity on Jessica’s eyes. The same sincerity she used to see on Yoona’s extremely gorgeous doe-eyes.

“Give me a chance Yuri… At least give me a try. A week, a month? I don’t know how long but you can use me to get over Yoona. I can be your toy or slave, I don’t know what to call it but I can be like your rebounder Yuri… I know it’s foolish but if that’s the only way I can show you how much I really care about you, I’ll do it.”

Yuri was left agape at the words. Jessica doesn’t seem to be kidding around right now. She can see the genuineness of the confession and she could only ask why, with all the better and prettier girls or the more masculine and handsome boys in the world, this beautiful woman in front of her is begging for her love.

Yoona… Yoona what should I do?

Then she remembered what she saw two days ago. Yuri was on her way back to her office after going to the university president when she happened to pass by Yoona’s locker. She knew that the Im has a mini museum of their memories together and Yuri used to like the idea that Yoona cared to keep photos of them. She was wondering if Yoona still kept the pictures and so instead of continuing her way, she stopped her steps and directed her gaze towards the locker. But in her peripheral view, Yuri saw something. She didn’t want to think that what she saw was really what she thought she saw. Yuri can just leave right now and get back to her office. She can sprint down the hall and forget about it but the raven haired girl decided to tilt her head. With that she caught sight of the crumpled pictures overflowing in the bin beside Yoona’s locker. Yuri inhaled deeply before walking towards the trash can and unfolded the pieces of papers thrown in it.

Because Yuri was tired of tearing up for the day, all she could do was to absorb emotionlessly that Yoona is far from getting back to her. With their crumpled pictures thrown, Yuri was now sure that Yoona wants to end everything about them and toss away anything that connects them both.

Oh yeah. Yoona will not mind right?

With the painful thought in mind, Yuri caressed back Jessica’s hands that were patiently waiting to be touched by her and gazed at the patient Jessica. Yuri believed that everyone deserves a chance to be with someone they love and even if she didn’t had the happy ending with Yoona, maybe she can find it with someone else. Maybe in Jessica.

“I’ll give it a try…”

 

***

 

A certain happy Im was smilingly walking towards the huge wooden door of her house. Today was yet again another happy day for her especially that she spent the whole effing day with the lovely black pearl. Her Yul baby is enough to make her day complete and she can’t get enough of the time they spend the day together.

“Good evening, ahjumma…” the seldom jolly Yoona greeted the elder woman who was busy wiping some big vases in the living room.

“Good evening, young Miss!” the danshin elderly smiled widely at the good mood of her young master.

The youngest daughter of the wealthy Im family has never been smiling for how many years that seeing her like this made the servants in the big mansion be happy at the same time. They knew about the reason behind these acts that they felt very sad whenever they would see the isolated Yoona before.

“Ahjumma, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me young Miss? I really prefer to be called Yoona…” the doe-eyed girl whined cutely at the address of the elder maid. In fact, all of the staffs they had in the mansion call her that. But instead of feeling flattered by the name, it makes her feel more isolated. The name doesn’t really feel personal for her.

“But we have called you that since you were a kid, young Miss. It is only our duty to address you as our master…” the older woman answered politely at the younger girl. They have been serving the Im family for decades now that it is a protocol to address any member of the household with respect especially that Mr. Im, Yoona’s father, is a strict person when it comes to the mansion servants.

“But Yoona is better ahjumma. Please call me that…” Yoona insisted that only made the woman nod in response.

“I’ll try, young Miss.”

Yoona shook her head and sighed at the hard-headed woman in front of her. She can’t blame her anyway. Her father really wanted them to address the household members with high-respect as if they are the most respectful persons in the world. She never really liked the idea but she can never go against her father’s decision when it comes to his house rules. After all, this is his mansion. Not hers.

Suddenly, a man donned in a black suit and tie entered from the vast corridor infront of the two speaking women.

“Young Miss…”

Yoona turned her head towards the man who called her and saw that it was Mr. Park, his father’s butler.

So that would mean??

“Your father is waiting for you in the dining hall. He wanted you to join him in dinner”

Yoona’s happy thoughts and her smiling expression was now replaced with the stern look she usually had. The idea of she and her ever strict, composed and emotionless father being in the same room, eating together is enough for Yoona’s mood to completely fall into zero.

She never actually liked her father. And Yoona thinks that the man also feels the same way towards her. Since she was a kid, she never felt loved by him. He never went to attend any school program where parents are supposed to watch their children perform infront of them. He never even went to visit her to the hospital whenever she will be admitted when she was sick or anything that a loving father would do. They never had a talk more than 5minutes in Yoona’s entire life and him inviting her to eat dinner is something odd. Her father inviting him over to dinner never happened before so she felt that Mr. Im is up to something. Can it be?

No. He didn’t even care about me. Why does he care about that?

“When did he came?” Yoona asked the elder woman who was still standing across her.

“Just this afternoon, young Miss. He had been asking for you since he came back.” The woman replied. This made Yoona fall into curiosity even more. Her father never asked about her before. He never cared about her before. There is really something going on about her father that Yoona is only left asking as to why her father is acting like this right now. She could be happy if Mr. Im happened to change his ways but Yoona knows better. Her father will never change. He will always be the ruthless, emotionless and the worst father a youngest daughter could have.

Without asking further inquiries, Yoona headed towards the dining hall where her father is located, with the butler Mr. Park trailing behind her. She has a lot of questions in her mind right now and she knows it can all be answered the moment she saw and talk with her father.

The maids opened the double-faced door and Yoona immediately saw the figure of the man who cared nothing about her, eating calmly on the other side of the very long table they got. Yoona always wondered why they had this when there are only four of them: her father, her older brother and sister and she. When she was younger, Yoona had always wanted to cut the table in half so as to let them four eat with each other as closely as possible. But the fact that they never ate together besides formal parties, Yoona lose hope on this vision.

“From what do I owe the honor of you inviting me over for dinner?” Yoona asked, still standing on the entrance of the vast dining room they had.

“Just sit and eat with me.” Her father commanded whilst eating his food calmly. Anyone who doesn’t know her father will really feel intimidated by the aura that he gives to anyone. But Yoona is used to this kind of effect that it made her dumb already. Every time her father would be cold to her, she will reciprocate it with the same coldness he gave.

“I’m not really interested in eating with you. So just tell me what it is that you called me.” Yoona replied sternly and emotionlessly as she walked towards her father now.

Mr. Im paused from cutting his steak and looked at his youngest daughter who was already infront to him. The daughter who only gave him pain from the very beginning. Yoona resembled her mother the most—from those pretty doe-eyes, thin, luscious lips and her tall, perfectly-shaped nose. Every time Mr. Im would look at his daughter, he would see the most beautiful woman he once got in her life. But remembering everything that happened, instead of treasuring the face that reminds him of her, it makes him hate Yoona more.

“You really do not know anything about respecting your father, huh Yoona?” He said, putting down the fork and knife he was using.

“Since when did you know anything about respect, huh Dad?” Yoona retaliated. She will not let her father win this conversation.

Mr. Im collectedly wiped his lips with the table napkin provided for him as he looked firmly on Yoona. The girl has grown to become very rebellious daughter and he can’t do anything but regret again and again why he had raised this daughter up.

“I was really disappointed the moment Yoon Hee chose to save your life than to save hers. I honestly don’t know why on earth she decided to give up on her own just to let you live.” Mr. Im’s words were deadpan but it struck Yoona’s heart deeply.

Yes. This was the reason for all of the crap feeling that Yoona has been carrying for all of her life. She grew up being instilled to her that she was the very reason why her mother died. Yoona’s mother had many complications during her labor and it was made worse with the weak heart she had. But even with this hopeless scenario, Mrs. Im went on to give birth for the baby and on the process, she died. From then on, Mr. Im never showed any love and interest to her youngest daughter whom he believed was the worst thing that he got. He blamed Yoona for losing her dearly beloved wife and he can’t even accept the fact that this daughter looked so much alike her late Yoon Hee.

Yoona knew this all along. The moment she was able to understand things by her own, she was already aware that her father blamed her for the death of her mother. He never showed any sign of care to her as if she was invisible. Even her elder brother and sister didn’t really liked her that much as well. They would push her away whenever she would ask them to play with her or just ignore her. They never really cared just like her father and it was really tough growing alone for the poor Yoona. She also tried making friends in school to make company but she will end up being used by them for her money.

No one really cared.

No one was there to ease her crying after the lights went off. No one was there to make her happy when she was lonely. No one was there to listen about her fun day at school. No one was there to place her ribbons when she would get an award. No one was there to love her.

But after meeting her two Kim cousins, her gloomy days have become less gloomy. Although she felt the longing of love from her siblings and father, this feeling would just be put aside when she was hanging around with her jolly and very caring unnies.

Yet again, at the end of the day, she would crave for the familial love that every child would want to get from her family. I mean come on, who would not want to have a loving and caring father and siblings? Unfortunately, Yoona doesn’t have that.

“Is that the reason why you invited me to eat with you? To remind me again that I’m the very reason why Mom died?” Yoona asked, guilt and anger mixing up inside her brain. Her father never failed to mention about it whenever he would be loss at the words. And it also never failed to consume Yoona with guilt again and again.

“No. It’s not really the reason…” Mr. Im calmly responded the ticking Yoona and shoved the brown envelope at the top of the table towards Yoona.

The doe-eyed angel crunched her brows at the thing her father just pushed towards her direction. She doesn’t even want to think about what’s inside the envelope, but she picked it up anyway. She opened it and found that it was a bunch of pictures and photos.

How did he—

“What’s your relationship with that girl? And who is she?” Mr. Im asked, now leaning his back on the chair and his hands rested on the arm of the latter.

For the first time, Yoona kept mum at a question of her father. Her brain is flooding with a lot of horrific thoughts right now and the intimidating stare from the man in front of her makes it worse.

The envelope was full of stolen pictures of Yuri and her together. There was the picture of Yoona walking hand in hand with Yuri; a photo of them hugging; Yuri feeding Yoona; Yoona giving a soft kiss on Yuri’s forehead and many more. But most of the pictures were about Yuri doing a lot of her own activities. It was almost everything that Yuri has been doing all the time that Yoona started to feel scared on the capability of her father to follow them around without being noticed.

She knew that one day will come when she will face her father regarding their relationship and Yoona is not yet prepared to handle the possible circumstances if that day comes. Mr. Im is one of the richest man on earth and he is very powerful. He can do anything he wants with his money and knowing Yuri’s status in life, Yoona has been thinking how she could protect Yuri from his father. But the doe-eyed girl never thought that that day will be today.

“Answer me, Im Yoona. Who is she and what is she to you?” her father calmly asked once again. The man was known to be a collected person and he rarely raised a voice—except when Yoona is doing something wrong. This daughter has always been the reason why he would let out the beast in him.

“So this is what it takes to let you care about me, huh? If you have said that before Dad, I could have dated someone when I was still thirteen.” Yoona smiled bitterly. This is the first time she heard her father asking anything that concerns her and the doe-eyed angel doesn’t know if she has to be happy about it or be scared.

Getting no straight answer from his daughter, Mr. Im stood up from his seat, slid his hands unto his slacks’ side pockets and walked slowly towards Yoona.

“You don’t know who this girl is, Yoona. Trust me.” Mr. Im is now on Yoona’s front and the doe-eyed girl could only scoff at the statement of her father.

“Oh yeah? Let me tell you something, dad. You don’t know her either. And you don’t know how happy I feel whenever I am with her. She gave me the happiness that I can never have in this household and if you’re thinking of any means to bring us apart, I will stop you in any ways I can.” Yoona said firmly, her eyes full of passion. He will not let anyone take her Yuri away from her. Never.

“So you are admitting that this girl and you are in a relationship?”

“Yes, dad. This...” Yoona lifted up a picture of Yuri she was holding.

It’s now or never.

“…this is Kwon Yuri and she is my girlfriend…” Yoona said slowly and bravely, afraid that the details of her sentence will be missed by her father who seemed to be listening attentively.

It was now Mr. Im’s turn to scoff on his daughter’s statement. Girlfriend? That woman??

SLAP!!

The sound of a firm palm making contact with a smooth cheek echoed inside the dining hall. The two maids within the place flinched at the sight and the butler could only turn his gaze away from the scene in front of him. Mr. Im hit Yoona hardly that it left a mark on the girl’s fair-toned cheeks and made her lips bleed. The envelope and the pictures didn’t also had a good fate after Yoona dropped them once she received the strong slap from her father.

Are you making a fool out of the successful and powerful Mr. Im? In as much as he is trying to grasp everything that is happening in the world right now—advancing technology, growing population, deteriorating environment, ISIS- he will never understand why homouals exist. He sees them as pests in this blooming place of various careers we named as world. Let anything happen and Mr. Im will comprehend it—but not anything about the third . He will never understand why there are people who would want to be with people who have same organs. There’s no benefit, he thought.

But the worst of all, in all people who would be in this group of persons, it is his prettiest and rebellious daughter. She was the reason why everything is not going too well in their family and now, Yoona gives another headache to the Im, bearing the name as the lesbian in the household. What would his business partners’ think about him? The people? His workers? Everyone?! That he had grown a plague inside his home?

 “You are crazy” Mr. Im collectively stated.

So this is how Yoona learned from the best. Her father might be very angry on someone but can stay as calm as anyone could imagine without giving a hint that he is infuriating inside.

Yoona was still taken aback at the powerful hit she got and her head doesn’t seem to move after receiving the impact. She was hitching her breath and blinking her eyes rapidly trying to calm herself not to cry in front of her father.

“Is it not enough to take away your mother from me that you also decided to take away my dignity through your very disgusting acts??” Mr. Im continued on his explosive yet calm criticism.

No answer from Yoona. The girl was lost in words on her father’s harsh terms and his harsh acts. She never once got slap in the face. Never did her father touched her. And this is all what it takes to get his attention. It’s funny.

Yoona smiled bitterly for the second time with her gaze still not on her father.

“Yuri loves me. And I love her too, Dad. That’s what all I need…”

“Ha! Love?? What do you know anything about love, my daughter??”

Now Yoona turned her head towards her father. She wanted to face the man who is talking nonsense right now. Her father is being a hypocrite and Yoona will not hold her tongue in saying things that are obviously the truth.

“You should ask yourself about that, Dad. What do you know anything about love, huh? You don’t even know how to take care of your daughter! All my life, all I wanted was your attention! Your love. Your care. You dad. All I wanted was you. I wanted to feel loved by the only parent I got but you were selfish! You are so selfish for not giving me that!”

“…But Yuri. Yuri really cared about me. She gave me the attention that I badly wanted from you. She embraced me whole-heartedly even with the awful personality that I got from you. She’s the best thing that happened in my life and I know she will stay with me forever. And you can never stop us.” Yoona said with all her force so that her father can understand what she meant. Yuri is the only right thing that happened to her and she will not let her father destroy her.

The doe-eyed girl abruptly turned her body, ready to leave her father behind with her words. But she was immediately stopped with Mr. Im’s words.

“If she knew the truth, I don’t think she’ll stay with you forever.”

Scrunching her face up, Yoona turned her body back towards her father who seemed to have the last card in him.

“What truth?”

Mr. Im sighed and gazed seriously at his daughter.

“Kwon Yuri is the only member of the Kwon family who survived a car accident that happened 12 years ago. The accident killed her parents and her brother which left the poor girl alone with nothing. I know you know that…”

“Now, do you still remember any car accident 12 years ago? A car accident that involved you, Yoona?” Her father’s words were like a number of poisonous arrows stabbing her heart continuously that brought back memories of the day when she almost got killed by her own careless act.

Yes. The doe-eyed girl vividly remembers that day.

It was the day when her father didn’t come to the parents’ day that her school conducted. She was very excited then to perform in front of the parents’, hoping that her father would be there to watch how graceful she dances. Yoona has been practicing hard to perfect the steps, afraid that her father might be disappointed if she sees her make mistake. But much to her dismay, it was only the ahjumma who was always accompanying her to school and the middle-aged driver who were happily clapping their hands at the sight of the usually cold Yoona dancing merrily with the tune of the music. She hurriedly went off the stage the moment she saw that her father is nowhere in the room and ran out of the school premises as fast as she could. She ignored the calls of the people behind and continued sprinting down the road and all of a sudden…

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!!!

A long and deep honk of a vehicle was the last thing that Yoona heard before everything went blur and black. But before she could finally went unconscious, she was able to catch the sight of a wrecked and smoking automobile just steps away from her.

Grasping the memory, Yoona blinked. Twice. Thrice. But the act doesn’t seem to calm her disturbed mind and uneasy heart.

“You are the reason behind the accident, Yoona. You killed Yuri’s family. Poor girl, she had to go through all of those hard times being alone without her family beside her. No home. No money. No education. Nothing. And that’s all because of you…” Mr. Im slowly spoke, instilling to his daughter the severity of the situation.

He remembered receiving a phone call then saying that Yoona got into an accident. Instead of worrying, he shrugged the news off and continued with his paper works calmly, thinking that his daughter will be alright soon. But it was when he learned that a family died on the accident that he became worried. He thought that the news can become a headline again, considering that it involved his much-inclined-to-trouble daughter. When he learned that one of the family members was alive, Mr. Im grabbed the opportunity to misdirect the press.

“But thanks to me, your Yuri was able to get through the darkest times of her life. I decided to support her indirectly through a bogus foundation that ‘helps’ orphan kids with their day-to-day finances and education. Trust me, there’s no crazy rich person who would support these filthy kids in real life. Who would want to waste their money for that?? So to stop the media from ruining my reputation by saying that my daughter killed a poor family and me doing nothing about it, I decided to give the last member standing a bonus. And I think one day I should make her pay for that…”

Hearing these words, Yoona choked and dropped herself down the floor as tears started to flow freely down her cheeks. She doesn’t know what part of her father’s statement made her cry this much. She just feels so weak and vulnerable right now that the thought of her father watching her cry doesn’t seem to bother her. This is the first time she broke down in front of her father and also the first time to hear all of those revelations.

She is the worst person in the world. First, she was the cause on her mother’s death that resulted for her father to become an emotionless widow and made their home the loneliest place in the world. Then it was as if she was not contented in destroying their family, she had ruined Yuri’s too. She was the reason why her parents and brother died making Yuri a homeless and lonely stray. Yoona then started thinking that it must be her who should have died, not them. She’s a curse, she thought.

With the sight of her daughter wailing, Mr. Im steadily walked away, feeling very successful in guilt and pressure in her. This is what he wanted for Yoona to feel from the very beginning—to feel shame and remorse on herself for living her life out of her mother’s sacrifice. If Mr. Im could just turn back time, he would definitely do the picking and choose his wife over his daughter.

But before he could go on any further, the man let out the words he was intending to say the moment he learned that his daughter and Yuri was in a relationship.

“You shall stop seeing that Kwon or else I will make her suffer. And this time, it would be much more painful than the memory of losing her family. You know me, Yoona. I can make her life a living hell.” 

 

 

A/N: So how was it?? I know most of you had been guessing that it was Mrs. Kang who made our YoonYul hearts cry.  But here! I give you the real real reason why they broke up. I'm sorry for not updating much nowadays. College stuff is really getting into my nerves. Hope you'll understand my dear readers. 

And I also apologize for making your hearts cry with our YoonYul situation. But come on, challenges make couples stronger than ever. Don't worry I'll make it up with you soon :)

Lastly, thank you for all the love that my story gets. It keeps me going, really. Komawo :)

Forever Sone :)

-forever09GG