Chapter 2: The Park

It's Right There

The Park
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
 

After looking at the book you were holding for what seemed like forever, but was just maybe a few seconds you come back to reality. 

 

“Yaaahhh _____ what has gotten into you?” You spoke to yourself yet again as you often did. 

 

You might be borderline insane and what just happened did not help one bit.

You sighed and decided to go sit down and read some of this magical book before you go home. You sat down and opened the book looking at the words, but all you could think about was Yugyeom… Oh how sweet his name sounded even in your head. He was just so beautiful, so perfect, so tall, so cute, just everything about him made you weak and shaky. 

 

“_____! Hey _____! YAH!!” you jumped looking over to see your friend Youngjae, “whatcha dooooing?” He said sitting down beside you.

"Oh nothing just trying to concentrate. I’m just trying to avoid going home early."

"I understand… want to go get some food then?" He asked.

"Sure, let’s go I could use something" You jumped up closing the book and locked arms with Youngjae, "to the food good sir" you pointed. 

 

He just laughed and you both continued to walk out of the library and the school itself. The whole time you were trying so hard not to get distracted as Yugyeom was still on your mind.

 

“Hey Yug- Youngjae” You almost called him the wrong name. what was wrong with you, you just shook it off and smiled as he looked over at you.

“yes ___?” He asked with his killer eye smile. Wow he was so cute, but you just couldn’t feel for him like that he was like your brother or something, “hello~”

he noticed you were distracted as you hadn’t finished yet. 

“oh uh I was just going to ask if you knew Yugyeom” 

“Kim Yugyeom? yeah he is a mutual friend of mine, but I don’t know him well. what about him?” Youngjae questioned as your facial expression changed, why did it make you smile harder to know your best friend knew him? well if he is friends with Yugyeom maybe you can somehow set up a way to hang out with him. That whole situation was making you crazy you really just wanted to be around Yugyeom again just to hear his adorable voice and the way he talked was super aegyo without even trying. Oh and is face made you just want to hug puppies and squish him forever.

“oh uh… I was just seeing because I talked to him today and he seemed nice” You finally said after a minute or two of being into your feels.

“Yeah he is cool, he does’t talk much but what I’ve seen of him he’s alright” Youngjae just shrugged and pulled you into the shop, “here we are at the food”

“YAY!! I am starving I might die” Your attention went off of Yugyeom for the moment thinking about how starved you were, you’d been sick and finally were getting an appetite back.

 

You two found a seat and plopped down across from each other. It was so weird that you two could actually hang out alone for a while since other friends were usually around and you wanted to talk about soo many things with him, but some of them would be weird because you were a girl and he was a guy. He usually didn’t mind talking about girly things, but you felt bad always making him help you with what you should wear, who you should date, what color does with your shoes the best, all the good stuff.
 

“so what do you want ______” He asked.

“Maybe some Kimchi soup since I still feel a little bad it will make me happy.”

“ok and some chicken too? I know chicken makes you happy as well” He smiled and you nodded rapidly.

 

After a few minutes the pot of Kimchi soup came and you beamed at it like it was the most amazing thing you’ve ever seen in your life EVER. Youngjae laughed at your reaction and you started to eat like a crazy person. While you were eating you heard you phone ding and hurriedly took it out of your backpack to see who it was. You unlocked it and looked at the notification bar to see what it was… it was a text, ok probably just your mom asking when you’ll be home or something right? NO! it was an unknown number and all it said was “____?….” and so you looked at the number for a moment to see if you recognized any of it. Nope none of it seemed familiar, who could it be? How did they get your number if you didn’t give it to them? So many questions were turning in your head, maybe you were overreacting, but it was a trait of yours to overthink just about everything ever.
 

“Hey, you ok?” Youngjae looked at you concerned, “is everything ok? did your mom say you need to come home? I could walk you home if you want” He kept asking you questions until you finally answered him with a “no I’m fine.” He just narrowed his eyes at you knowing when you said that nothing was ok. “what is it? just tell me” Youngjae took your phone and sat it on the table with his so that he could see you were paying attention. 

“it’s just I am thinking a lot is all, nothing wrong just a lot on my mind” You said with a half smile looking at the obviously annoyed boy across from you. He was a year older so he was “wiser” as he often said though he had only had 1 girlfriend in his life and you were his only real friend.

“Then tell me what you have been thinking about, I have time my parents are away and I don’t have to be home until you leave” He crossed his arms glaring at you like he was your dad or something.

 

“No it really is nothing…. my mom texted me to come home… I have to uh… clean my room. I will see you tomorrow right?” He started to gather your things as Youngjae sat there looking confused. 

“uh…. ok do you want me to walk you?” He asked getting up after you.

“No I am fine don’t worry about me I might as well go before the sun goes down right?” You started out of the door, “I will see you tomorrow Youngie oppa”

You smiled as you went out the door. Walking down the road you shivered a bit because the ind decided it wanted to blow at this very moment. As you wrapped yourself tighter in your jacket you looked over seeing all the cute couples on benches and by the fountain in the park. “I wish I could be like that…” You sighed putting your head down and walking a bit faster. After a few moments you bumped into something stunning you, you blinked a few times trying to process what just happened then you look up to see a body. it threw you off not seeing a face and you were looking straight I mean you weren’t usually greeted by a chest….stomach… whatever part of this persons body it was. “I’m sorry I-“ You stopped as you looked up and saw the boy with pink hair. Was it? it was! YUGYEOM. You mentally danced and screamed and cried and died on the inside because you had just touched him and he had touched you like physical contact.
 

“oh no I am sorry, I uh” He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, “didn’t see you there, not that I wasn’t looking it’s just”

“I’m really short and you are a tower” You said finishing his sentence. He just laughed a bit and patted your head. DID HE JUST? HE DID! you died again on the inside he was so cute and you liked the feeling he gave you even if you felt like an ant when he was around.

“so where are you headed?” He asked you and you just shrugged though you knew where you were going, but you were just hoping he’d ask you to do something, “oh well I was just walking”
 

He nodded awkwardly then lit up quickly like he had just had a serious idea “Do you u-uh maybe want to walk with uh m-me?” Giving an unsure smile he asked you shocking you to the maximum level. For a moment you weren’t sure if your hearing was working right yet again. If you went on a walk with him what would you talk about? What if you said something dumb? What if he decides he doesn’t like you? Oh well it was time to stop asking yourself questions and just do something out of your comfort zone for once, plus what he said earlier has to be true if he is asking you to walk in the romantic park with him on a cold day.

“Sure, I’d love to walk with you Yugyeom” You smiled finally saying, he seemed to not realize you took a moment to respond he was probably thinking a million things himself.
 

“Oh ok then shall we?” He nodded seeming like he was trying to stay cool instead of jump for joy. You could tell he was excited by the way his expression changed when you answered. You two started to walk just looking around you could feel him looking at you for a minute but then you peeked over to see him smiling to himself. He was so cute, so perfect and he was walking with none other than you the person who can’t even reach a book in the library without a step stool, the person who can’t stop thinking for even a minute because you might say something dumb, the person whom was so scarily awkward even a wall would feel uncomfortable around you. 

You looked up at him as you two walked and just studied him for a while seeing how perfect his face was made. He had such an amazing face it was made by baby angels from the heavens! His hair looked so soft you wanted to touch it, but that would be weird… His lips, oh his lips were the best! They looked so soft and kissable like you could just kiss him forever and it would be ok, oh and also there was a little mole  under his eye! The cutest mole in the history of the whole world and no not just because it was on him… ok maybe, but it was still REALLY cute.

Caught in your own feels everything else became non-existent 

 

“Hey” You heard a voice beside you say, but it wasn’t Yugyeom… Who was it? You looked around trying to see if anyone else was around, but it was just you two, “HEY!” you heard again then you realized who it was.

“Y-youngjae?” You said as you sat up looking around. There beside you was none other than Youngjae. Taking a moment to process the situation you rubbed your eyes and looked at him in the eye “Where am I?” He shook his head laughing a bit as you scanned your surroundings again, “Why am I at home? How did I get here?” Realizing you were in your bed and not in the park where you last remember you widened your eyes in surprise.

“You fainted after running into someone at the park” You looked at him tilting your head.

“How did you?”

“After you left the shop I came after you to return your phone ,you left it on the table, I brought you home and waited until you woke up” 

“oh well thanks for helping me”

Youngjae was a good friend, but you’d never expect him to wait around for you and everything. Everything after you ran into what you thought was Yugyeom you couldn’t remember. Nothing! It felt so real though you could have sworn you were there with him.