Sapphire Subway 13

Sapphire Subway 13

You do know subways, train stations and bullet rides, right? Well I do ride on them almost everyday, without these kind of transportation, I'm dead. I'm a normal accountant of a big government company located at the center of the city. My apartment's one train ride away, and I'm all alone, thank you very much, which I'm not really happy or do I care bragging about. 

So my Monday morning starts at Sapphire subway13, just like all the Mondays that passed. I got my ticket and waited by the 2nd bench from the clock tower. The train approaches and off I go to work.

Everyday just like this but my next Monday was a bit different, why? I got up late all thanks to my night out last night. I missed the 6:10 am train and must wait for the scheduled train at 6:20. So I took a sit on the 2nd bench and waited for the train. I let out a yawn, and ran a hand through my hair as I loosely grip on my backpack and wait for the train.

Then what made that Monday really weird was I saw this guy, wearing half-ironed jeans and white polo shirt. I was not astonished by the way he dressed but by the way he looked and the way his lips looked so soft, I can't help but stare. So I gulped the lump forming inside my throat when he had approached me, better yet when he stood beside the bench I'm sitting. And if someone would see me, they would probably yank me down and mistaken me for some gay staring at this seemingly innocent man. Then, my train arrives and so I got up and got inside and so does he. I gripped on one of the handlebars as he sat on one of the bench. And as if sensing that I'm looking at him, he looked at me and genuinely smile and I felt like hitting myself when I did nothing but smile back.


I don't know what made me stop entering my train ride but I just did and now, I'm sitting on the 2nd bench and waiting for the 6:20 train. I was not expecting someone, or hoping for someone, but I just can't let that great opportunity pass. I had seen the most wonderful creature and I've never been happy, even though I haven't talked to him--yet. So I sat patiently on this innocent bench and waited for the train to arrive and waited for him to show up. I fixed my tie and looked at my watch, only 30 seconds left and the train will be here and yet no sign of him. I looked around and crossed my fingers that he'll show up. But when the sliding doors flashed open before me, I stood up and got inside. I slumped on a bench and sat on it quite disappointed as the red light atop the door blinks; signaling it's closing. I heard a muffled shout and stared at the man running to catch up the train. 'It's him' I say to myself and stood up to place a hand between the doors and it stayed open for a bit. The man stared back at me, panting. 'Thanks' he mumbled back and I just smiled. That's was our first conversation and I just knew that so much more had to come.

It became my habit to come early at subway13 to just waste my 20 minutes of waiting and sitting and wandering my thoughts around. One of the patrols once asked me why ignore the 6:10 am train that I usually rides on and come to think of it, I've been acting so attached and weird towards this man lately. And I mentally smacked myself realizing that I haven't asked his name. We've been talking for almost a week now (if you even call saying 'hi' and 'this is my stop' a decent conversation). So I look at my watch, 6:15 it says and I loosely clasp the upper buttons on my polo shirt. 'Hi,' I heard a voice and when I looked at the man, I smiled. 'Hello' I mumbled back.

He sat beside me on the bench and looked at me. 'Hey, we've been, ugh, may I ask what's your name?' I bluntly muttered and he flashed his wonderful smile again. 'Hankyung, my name's Hankyung. You?' He asked back.

I smiled and nod in understanding. But darn, I just can't stop the flushing and the loud and quick thumping of my heart. I took a deep breath and answered him, 'Kyuhyun,' I mumbled as I look away and gulp.

I can see more likely feel his smile at me and I can't help but feel so relax yet dreamy; guarded yet untamed and; sweet yet breathtaking. I was so engrossed that I didn't realize the train's already there. I will be left waiting for the 6:30 train if it weren't for the long and warm and soft fingers that wrapped my thin wrist and dragged me inside the train. I blinked at our hands as he slowly intertwined his fingers with mine. And then I just smile feeling all absurd, crazy and surreal all at the same time.

It was Monday again and like the usual I take a sit on our bench and wait for him. 

'Hey. I knew you'll be here early' Hankyung said and Kyuhyun looked at him flashing a wide bright smile.

'You're an accountant?' Hankyung muttered when they stand side by side inside the train. They never anticipated that today's will be packed. Hankyung held in one of the handlebars and Kyuhyun just stood there looking for handle bars or hanging handles just before the train move.

But he couldn't find any. 

'Here,' he heard Hankyung said and the moment he looked at the other, Hankyung had already s an arm around his waist and brought him closer and he tried his best not to fluster or to feel so hot because he's actually leaning his face on Hankyung's cheek. 'Today's packed' and Kyuhyun just nod. Oh god stop blushing already.

We were doing fine all right. Hankyung's the sweetest person I had met and he's so fine, so nice and so lovely and so kind. So after almost a month of seeing each other everyday at subway13, after almost a month of acting all clingy and sweet and everything what I think what we are already. Whether I’m dreaming, imagining things or just believing on what I think we are now, I already made my decision that I'll confess to Hankyung. That I'll tell the man that I love him so damn much. Tell Hankyung that. So I waited at our bench by the clock tower and glanced at my watch. 6:19 and no sign of him yet. So I tapped my fingers on my lap quite distracted and excited. 

6:20 and the train's here and to my surprise he came as well but all my hopes came crashed and all fall into pieces when I saw him walking towards the door with another man. He's smiling like a goof head and continued walking with another guy. The guy's pretty as hell, he's white and so, so frail. And I had to admit it they matched pretty darn well. I just sit there, my hands and feel all sweaty and I didn't realize that I kept my breath for so long. 

The door slides open and they both enter. He was so engrossed at the man that he didn't even notice me; that he didn't even turn around and take a look what's or who's behind. As they entered, I find myself all darn stupid for not following too. I just sat here on the bench. Then the train drove off and I was left here. I wasn't given a chance to confess, and I'm glad I didn't because if I had, it would just hurt me.

Since then I never came late at sapphire subway13 because I knew Hankyung, he's always late. He never had been so early during train schedules. So I enter the subway, got my ticket and instead of sitting on the usual bench, I walk towards the other end of the pathway and sat on the last bench. The 5:50 train arrives and I got up as the door slides open. I entered the train and sat on the bench where I saw someone coming towards the train as the door starts to slide close. I looked around and notice that there are less people here so I sighed and got up to stop the door from closing and helped the man to get in. 

He sat beside me as the train starts to move and fixed his bag and looked at me. I looked at him as well and felt my heart jump as he flashed his cute smile and crunched his eyes due to panting and breathing deeply.

'I made it,' he happily muttered as he slouched on the bench and stretched his arms and I just nod.

'Thanks,' and I nod again. He was small, yet he's nicely fit and his skin, tanned and soft. He's wearing a cute pout and I can't stop wandering my eyes all over him. He's wearing a white shirt, a beanie, ruffled pants and carrying a guitar case. He looked at me again and smiled, 'I'm Sungmin,' he says and I've never felt so delighted and so much giddy again. His voice, ringing melody and soft like cotton puffs wandering inside me.

'I'm Kyuhyun,' I answered back smiling and this time I made a decision that I wouldn't let him go.