Final

The Block Inbetween

Jung Haerin P.O.V.

“Hanbin-ah!” I called. I saw him, smiling, staring into Lee Hi’s eyes. I felt myself burn up inside, but I put a smile on my face. They’re just talking, nothing more. “Hanbin!” I called again. He didn’t respond until I walked up to him. “Hanbin! Hanbin!” I called over and over again. I stormed over to them. Then, they finally noticed me. Hanbin didn’t even spare me a glance.

“Oh, hi Haerin-ssi,” Lee Hi greeted. I gave a small smile back.

“Hi, Lee Hi-ssi,” I spit, trying to lack the venom in my voice. I grabbed Hanbin’s arm slightly, “Ready to go on our date? I’m sooo excited for the fair tickets you got us!” I said excitedly. Hanbin’s happy face turned into a gloomy one.

“Oh, sorry Haerin, I totally forgot, I just invited Lee Hi to go out with me, it’s her only free day,” Hanbin explained. My face hardened and I tried to control my voice. Well, it’s only mine too.

“Ohhhhh…” I said dejectedly.

“We can go again, maybe next week,” He suggested. I’m going to my parent’s next week. But, I nodded.

“Sure, I guess,” I said, sadness evident in my voice.

“Sorry Haerin-ssi, but I’m really busy nowadays, and this is a rare free-day for me,” Lee Hi apologized. I gave her a small grin. But you guys can always see each other at the YG building; I’m just a little school-girl.

“Uh, no, it’s fine. I had a test to study for anyways,” I fibbed. She nodded.

“Oh, I see,” She said softly. I saw Hanbin grab her hand tightly. I clenched my jaw tightly.

“Well, we’ll be off now. I’ll text you when I get home.” I nodded while Lee Hi walked off with Hanbin into the distance, leaving a I-Got-Your-Boyfriend grin. I scoffed.

“That ,” I swore. I walked back to my home and decided to just waste time doing absolutely nothing. I later on grabbed my laptop and pulled up the video with Hanbin, Donghyuk, Hongseok, and unfortunately, Lee Hi.

“Let it go! Let it let it go! Eh!” They sang. I smiled to the video, pround of what my shy boyfriend had become. I scrolled down and read the comments.

“OMG. I ship Lee Hi x B.I SOOO HARD!”

“Love Lee Hi x B.I so much, my new OTP <3!”  

“BiHi FTW! They’ll make beautiful babies!”

I slammed my laptop screen down in anger.

“BABIES!” I screamed in my own apartment. I decided to try and sleep off my emotions.

I woke up from my small nap, and checked the time.

“Huh, 10 PM already??” I asked myself. I checked for any new texts. None. I sighed. “I should of know he wouldn’t have texted me.” Or maybe he’s still out with her, who knows what they could be doing, alone, at this time… “NO!” I screamed. “Never. Hanbin wouldn’t do that… Well, it seems like who is nowadays…” I put down my phone, and waited, and waited, and waited, for a text that never came.

“It’s already 1 in the afternoon!? How long did I stay up last night?” I asked myself. I grabbed my phone and frantically searched for a text.

One new text message.

I opened it quickly.

Left your jacket here

-Love Mom

I sighed and threw my phone to the wall.

“You know what Haerin, no more feeling bad about yourself. No more doubting yourself! You’re going to confront your boyfriend about this. He was your best friend since the third grade and you’ve been dating for 2 years. You don’t compare to a girl who he’s only known for a year now.” I pep-talked myself. I rolled out of bed, changed into my clothes, and stormed over to the YG building.

I walked into the building and coincidentally bumped into Jinhwan.

“Oh, Jinhwan, do you happen to know where Hanbin is?” I asked nicely.

“Oh, yeah, he just left with Lee Hi, sorry,” Jinhwan said sheepishly. I tightened my fists, trying not to belt out a scream.

“Oh, it’s ok, do you happen to know where they went?” I asked. He shook his head.

“Sorry, nope.” Jinhwan responded. I nodded.

“OK, sorry to bother you, I’ll be leaving now,” I said smiling. I ran back to my apartment and landed on my bed with a thud. Instead of sadness, I was feeling more of anger. “No. You can’t get mad becaue he wasn’t there; you didn’t make plans with him.” But you did yesterday.

I decided to take the lead and text him first.

Whatcha doing? :)

I waited for his response.

Dinnertime came around and I was still waiting for a measly response. Then, I felt my phone vibrate. I violently reached for it.

Eating dinner

Oh well, no sherlock.

Oh, with who?

Did I really want to know that?

10 minutes later

Lee Hi

He responded.

Can you come over to my house later on? <3

I asked, hoping he would say yes.

Sure

I smiled at the text. Finally.

An hour later, I heard a knock at my door. I excitedly burst open the door, but my smile quickly faltered.

“Hi Haerin, you don’t mind Lee Hi came along right?” Hanbin asked. Lee Hi gave me a wicked smile. I gave her one right back.

“Whatever, my apartment is big enough,” I snapped. Hanbin gave me a look, but I ignored it. “Go ahead, sit,” I ushered them towards to the couch, where Lee Hi tested my patience and snuggled up to him. I pretend barfed in my mouth.

“Let’s watch some TV,” Lee Hi mumbled to Hanbin. He smiled dangerously close to her.

“I’d like that,” He giggled. Did Hanbin really just giggle? My jaw was dropped open. How could he act like this in front of me?

“Out,” I said quietly to myself. They turned around at the same time, almost kissing each other.

“Huh? What did you say, dear?” Lee Hi asked. I cleared my throat.

“I said, get. The. . Out.” I said loudly.

“What?”

“OUT!” I shouted. They scrambled to their feet and then to the door.

“Woah, woah, Haerin, calm down, tell me the problem,” Hanbin said. He grabbed my arms.

“Don’t touch me, you bastard!” I shouted. “Get out of my apartment!” I screamed pointing to the door. Lee Hi gently touched his arm.

“Maybe we should leave her to cool down,” Lee Hi suggested to him in a cute tone, but it just sounded gross to me.

“Oh, wouldn’t you love that, won’t you? Alone time with my best friend? My boyfriend? Huh? Because I know you’re all over him!” I claimed.

“Haerin stop! She isn’t like that.”

“Oh, that’s what you think, huh?! What is she, brain-washing you? You aren’t like yourself with me anymore! You’re some robot who I can’t even talk to! You won’t even respond to any of my texts, calls, and you won’t even talk to me for 5 minutes when I spend 30 minutes walking to you!” I shouted at him.

“Haerin, we’re just friends!”

“FRIENDS? Oh, yeah, you’re just friends. Friends snuggle up with each other, friends hold hands with loving eyes, when you’re friends with someone, you ignore your lover, just friends,” I mocked.

“You’re being ridiculous.”

“ME? Oh me being ridiculous? I’m the one who’s cheating?” I accused.

“I’M NOT CHEATING!” He shouted.

“Oh really? If the other one in the relationship has proof you’re being lovey-dovey with some other girl, AKA, a girl I despise, then you’re cheating!” I shouted.

“Haerin, stop. You’re just accusing me because you’re jealous!” He accused.

“SO WHAT IF I’M JEALOUS? You’re the one who’s supposed to be comforting me! Helping me, not her!” I shouted.

“Whatever, I can’t deal with your childish antics, I’m leaving.” He grabbed Lee Hi’s hand and dragged her out.

“You take one step out that door, and we’re over.” I said with a deathly voice. He hesitated to walk out the door.

“You’re just lying to yourself, you’ll come back to me,” Hanbin said. “You just needa cool off.” He shut the door afterwards. Tears threatned to fall out from my eyes. One drop fell out.

My best friend that I thought I could trust. My boyfriend I thought who could be faithful. Someone I loved with all my heart. He just left me for a girl he knew I hated.

Tears fell down my pale cheeks slowly. I pulled our couple ring and threw it out on my porch.

“Goodbye Hanbin. We’re officially over.”