Chapter 1

Past, Now, and Future

---

“Kai-yah don’t run away.”

“Chase me if you can, hyung!” Kai and Kyungsoo are on their holiday time. No one can describe how good they relationship are. They met when Kai was a transfer student.

A cute doe eyes boy were writing something with his own pencil. His chest felt tight remember the past when he and his father can laugh happily. But somehow he smiled when remember his mother said that his father will happy in the heaven over there if he keep smile frmaed in his lips. His face turn pale when suddenly his paper taken away by someone. He don’t have to look up to recognize it. “Give it back, please!”

“As if we would!” the boy who has the paper laughed with his two friends.

It was always like this. He sigh “Yah give it back Jungshin!”

“What?! Your face wanna eat this hand? Ugh!” A slim tall boy approach Kyungsoo withouth hesitant. Kyungsoo could only shut his eyes tight because whatever he do, he can’t fight over Jungshin. He was ready reciepe a painul punch but he never felt anything. He opens his eyes slowly when hearing Jungshin run away and hissed in pain. Kyungsoo was really surprised when faced a new smiling tan boy. He frowned. “W-who are you?” kyungsoo blinked cutely.

There was a moment silent. “Hello my name is Kim Kai. I’m at the third grade.” Kai ofering his right hand.”How about you” There is this hesitant pause in Kai voice “Hyung?”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes. So he is the one who makes Jungshin and the others run away? My height is taller than him but...

“Hyung? Will you answer me?”

Kyungsoo quickly grasp the younger hand “I’m sorry Kai. I’m sorry. I’m Do Kyungsoo. I just a little bit surprised.”

Kai responed with his cute smile. “It’s okay hyung. Anyway, I’m just transfer here today and” Kai paused again. “Will hyung be my friend?” he said with pink spread his chubby cheek.

Kyungsoo smiled widely “Kai you’re so cute~” the older pinch Kai softly while the other can just pout.

“Kim Kai! Bad boy! You are mocking me right now, aren’t you?” Kyungsoo yelled loudly between his unsteady breath but keep manage that soft smile whenever looking onto the younger one.

When he was about to chases Kai again, suddenly his neckle which Kai gave about a year ago fell down. He bent down to take it. When he stand up, his face turned pale and eyes getting bigger. He can’t move for a few second. In front of his eyes, Kai lying there just after a car pushed him without warning. Blood is spread at the street. Kyungsoo snaped back and run into the lying body with a heavy tears.

“Kai please” he whispered.

Kai coughed first before look up. He rises his hand and feel Kyungsoo soft cheek. “Don’t cry hyung. Please” he counghed again.

Kyungsoo felt his tears fell unstopping. “Kai don’t talk. Just wait a little bit, the ambulance will comes faster.”

Kai sigh before cringe. He felt his body is in pain as if being tored apart. “Hyung please don’t cry. My heart ache seeing your tears falling.” Even in his condition, Kai still able made a small smile. And it caused Kyungsoo heart clench, because it seems, that is the last time he saw the sweet smile of Kai. “Hyung” Kai paused again. Seeing his face, Kyungsoo knows he is holds in the hurt feeling so much.

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes and the tears are forming again. “Yes Kai I’m here and will always.”

“Hyung I- I love you.” And by that simple sentence, Kai closed his eyes. Kyungsoo felt the younger body went limp. He hugged Kai tight and keep calling his name loudly with tears keep forming a new one. He never stopped called Kai until the ambulance came.

-

“Hello Kai-yah... How are you?” Kyungsoo sigh “Last night, Junmyeon hyung married with Yixing hyung you know. Your best dance partner you said.”

He stared at the grey grave which have been two years there. He still remember that day, the awful day of him and Kai. But now, his heart already felt light. This is the best for Kai, and of course for him he believed. And now, he has to face the world without his angel best friend ever. He smiled warmly, “Kai-yah... Still until now, I haven’t found a person to fall. But I have to right? You will be happy if I’m happy right?” a warm wind blows past his body. Kyungsoo smiled gently, he think it is the answer Kai gave. “See you later, Kai-yah. Be happy there okay?” he stared the grey grave with sincere eyes for the last time-that day.

He choose to visited his and Kai favorite cafe to made his homework. He comes there is not because he want to remember Kai and being sad again. It is his favorite cafe too after all. He sits calmly then a really familiar guy with brown uniform appear him and smiled warmly. He just replied with a simple smile and nod as if knows what he was about to ask. He opened his laptop and begin tapping the words nicely.

It is when he drank his coffee for the first shipped, his phone buzzed. He groans annoyed, and even growing louder when read the id. “What is it Baek?” he hears the later scoffed. “What?! That - ups I mean profesor. Okay okay I’ll be there in few minutes.” Hearing his professor will make a class about 10 minutes later, he hibernate his laptop hurriedly and pull out his money and gave it to cashier. What he didn’t know is his wallet was left there and a tan boy who passed by the front door looked at him with a curious look. The tan boy sat at the same spot Kyungsoo sat before. He notice a black wallet there and opened it. He saw a card with a photo which has same feature with a boy he passed before. And look from the card, he know what exactly the card for. He smirked to himself.

“Sorry sir, but I think the owner of that wallet is a customer who just left.” A boy with brown uniform as the tan boy think is one of employees here.

He smiled with a little smirk which come unnotice by the boy “Oh that Kyungsoo guy?”

The later show a shock expresion. “You know him? But-“

“But what?” the tan boy rised his eyebrows.

The later want to asked about how come he never knows this tan boy. But he prefer just shut his mouth because he needs to polite to customers. “Ah I’m so sorry, it’s nothing. What will you order, sir?” he bows a little and ready to write the order.

-

 The tan boy opened his own wallet then let out the too similar card with Kim Jongin written below the name. “This is exactly the same.” He asked to himself, then smirk a little. This is going to be fun. He said to himself.

--

Kyungsoo sigh in relief “Baekie, thanks to you I’m still able to attend this lesson.”

A guy with small eyes grin in reply, made Kyungsoo regret his sentence. “Yo guys! Let’s take a lunch together, I’m starving already.” A tall guy with a pout come approaching them.

“Uhm, I think this time will be just the two of us.” Baek answered by rolling his eyes.

Chanyeol snorts, “I bet you will just go to that awful place full of books. Aren’t you get bored?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes “Yeah yeah whatever.” He takes his belonging and go to a place which full of books and boring-as what Chanyeol said beore.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol sigh unison “Let just go now, Baek. I’m hungry.”

Baekhyun nods, but before they could get out from the class, a tan guy blocked them. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and ask ”Who do you look for?”

The tan boy blinked then look at his side who seems talk to him and answered “Sorry, where is Kyungsoo?”

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol then answered “Oh he is-“

“Kyungsoo? No, we don’t know.” He simply shrug and dragged Baekhyun out of the class give the smaller one a confused look.

Jongin smirk, they must be this Kyungsoo guy good friends. Tomorrow I have to come early. Jongin said to himself

-

Chanyeol stomps his feet and cross his hands. “Chanyeol-ah just eat calmly okay?” Instead of answering, he pounded the table. “What the hell is happening with you, Chanyeol?!” This action make people around look at them with weird eyes.

“Sorry Baekhyun-ah.”

Baekhyun softened his gaze ”What is it Chanyeol? You are unusual.” He look at his giant friend lovingly.

Chanyeol sigh “You know what Baek?” he paused, make Baekhyun frowned “That tan guy who come to your class is Jongin.” Baekhyun even deepen his frowned. Seeing his friend’s reaction, made Chanyeol should explain further. “He is playboy, Baek-ah.”

“Uhm so?” baekhyun really have no idea what Chanyeol trying to said.

Chanyeol sigh nth. “Baek please, Jongin is looking for Kyungsoo and he must be planned something bad.”

Baekhyun felt panged in is heart. He already knows this oblivious giant has a posessive thing for Kyungsoo. But still, his heart never get used to this. “You know Chanyeol, Kyungsoo is not a child okay? He already in his twenties.”

“You don’t know anout him, Baek. He is a ing brat. Ugh this bastard.” Chanyeol cursed. Baekhyun simply shrug and continue eating ignoring how his heart ache.

-

Kyungsoo looks up at the dark sky. He already finished his task and within second Kyungsoo’s phone vibrate. He picks up and smiled when heard Chanyeol annoying voice. He just too focus until fogot the time.

He choose to walk to his apartement enjoying the fresh air pasing his soft features. This moment somehow remind him of Kai. He smile gently.

“Hyung, you know why I really like evening?” Kai asked with a really sweet smile framed his lips while tightened his grip on Kyungsoo’s hand.

Kyungsoo just huming silently without looking at Kai.

Kai closes his eyes before answered “Just like now, I can feel the fresh air and with you, so this can’t get any better.”

Kyungsoo can feel his cheek in heat but keep a gentle smile appear. “You sure are exelent at make others happy, aren’t you?” he ended with a chuckle.

Kai put his hand to the smaller one waist as an answer. In instantly, kyungsoo cheek redened at the act Kai gave.

The memories of them still fresh in Kyungsoo mind. Like it just happened a while ago. He turned his head across the street. Somehow, the white car in front of his favorite cafe catch his eyes. A few moments later two tall guys get out from the cafe. Kyungsoo widened his eyes. He blinked several times but the figure stay still. He didn’t believe what he saw. When one of them -the tan one- turned his head to him, Kyungsoo jolted. He dropped his books and instantly collect them and run through the fresh turned cold air.

The tan guy surprises a little then smirk seeing the small boy he passed earlier run. “That’s what-“ The other guy frowned seeing his friend reaction. He follows his gaze, but saw nothing but cars passed by. “Jongin-ah, where are you looking?”

Jongin answered with a grin plastered in his lips. “Nothing Sehun. Let just back to apartement.”

“What a weird boy you are.” Sehun mumble to himself. Jongin is just seems too eager to notice his friend mock.

---

Update: January 6th 2015

Aha finally this is the first chapter. I'm truly sorry for updating too long /sobs/ and I know this is too short T_T I hope the next one is much longer. But can't promise okay. Please leave comment and subscribing with upvoting are really appreciated c: Thanks for your support.

*pssst you know I'm stuck at ideas so please be patient with me T______T