London (Part 1)

The Vengeance of Justice

"What? When did this happen, what did he do? Are you alright?" Jongsuk, instantly alert, asked through the phone. Shin Hye, who was about to take a sip of coffee jumped in her seat at his sudden increase in volume, causing her to spill the scalding hot coffee on herself. "Aish..." She muttered under her breath as she stood up to go to the washroom. Jongsuk was still engaged in his conversation so she figured that it wouldn't matter. As she walked to the washroom she tried to rub off the brown stain from her white pullover. Her attention was on her shirt, so when she bumped into someone she stumbled for a while before regaining her balance. The stranger grabbed her arm before she could fall and she looked at his music note tattoo in surprise. "Thank you!" She bowed politely to him and he nodded surlily back. She went into the toilet without any further interruption and it was as she was running the tap and rubbing her shirt did she realise where she saw that man before. 

10 years ago, London 

"Shin Hye ah, meet my new employee. His name is Kim Jong Kook, and I hired him because he recently came in first in a wrestling competition." Ji Sung introduced Jong Kook to a bored Shin Hye, who rolled her eyes at him. "All your employees only have muscles and fight blindly but can they actually help you? " She asked skeptically but Ji Sung appeared confident. WIth a gleam in his eye he shook his head. "This time I went for both, brawn and brains. He'll be a great help to us, Shin Hye." Shin Hye finally took a look at the new employee, and indeed he did have an intelligent glint in his eyes. More importantly, he looked cold on the surface, but something told her that he was warm on the inside. He even had a tattoo of a music note on his right arm.  She smiled at him suddenly, deciding that she did like him after all. 

Present 

"Kim Jong Kook..." Shin Hye realised out loud. A chill ran up her spine as she realised that it was no coincidence that he was there. He must have been there to check whether Shin Hye had really arrived at London, on behalf of her father. A worrying thought came to Shin Hye's mind. Could Jong Kook have seen Jongsuk already? Without drying her shirt she dashed out of the toilet and sprinted back to where a worried looking Jongsuk was seated. He looked up at her when she arrived and cut his call. "Where did you go?" He asked her anxiously. Shin Hye gestured to her wet shirt and he nodded hurriedly. "We need to get out of here." At the urgency of his tone, Shin Hye started to get worried. "I was thinking the same thing...but why, what happened? Did anyone suspicious approach you?" Jongsuk shook his head. "Yoo Jaesuk just tried to kill my sister, and I have no doubt that it was your father behind it. We need to get out of here before he can try anything funny with us." Shin Hye nodded and took his hand as they grabbed their luggages. 

As they looked around for a taxi, Shin Hye told him about meeting Jongkook. "It could be a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure Jongkook recognised me, and he would definitely tell my father. I just don't know if he has seen you yet..." Her phone started to ring just as a taxi drove up in front of them. "Hello?" Ji Sung spoke on the other end. "Hello, my daughter, you're back in London right?" Shin Hye's face paled as she recognised her father's voice and stepped away from Jongsuk. "Y-yes...I am. Can you come and pick me up?" Jongsuk looked at her in alarm. Shin Hye worked out the details with her father as calmly as she could and once she hung up she looked at him in despair. "We have to pretend that you're not here, if not you'll be in even more danger than you are already. We can stay in contact, and we will meet up whenever we can. I'll keep you updated on what I find, alright? Stay safe, and be careful." She pecked him on the cheek quickly before hurrying him into the waiting cab. "I'll be waiting for you at the hotel, alright?" Jongsuk confirmed worriedly, although he tried his best to keep a smile on his face. Shin Hye nodded at him and waved as the cab drove off. The sinking feeling she was feeling in the pits of her stomach was intensifying greatly, and she took in a deep breath as she waited for her father's chauffeur to come. 

Jongsuk stared at Shin Hye as the taxi drove off, his stomach knotting in anxiety. He had no idea if staying in London was the best decision, especially after what Bo Young had told him. He had wanted to return to Korea immediately but her serious words stopped him. "No, you have to stay. You have to end this once and for all, if not all our lives will be in constant threat. You can do it, Jongsuk ah." He nodded silently and looked at his watch. He would make it for check-in time after all. He asked the driver in fluent English, "Excuse me, how long will we take to arrive at the hotel?" The driver raised a hand at him and answered. "We'll be reaching shortly in about 5 minutes, Sir." Jongsuk nodded in appreciation, and noticing the unique tattoo on the driver's arm he asked, "My, that's an interesting tattoo you have there. You like music?" The driver flashed a smile at Jongsuk as he nodded. "I love it." 


Bo Young sat on her couch, trembling as she sipped her warm drink. Sang Hyun sat next to her, worried. They had already showered and changed into clean clothes (thankfully Sang Hyun could fit into Jongsuk's clothes) but Bo Young was still shaking. He put a thick blanket over her shoulders and she smiled at him gratefully. She had sounded so strong on the phone earlier, but Sang Hyun knew it was just to give confidence to her younger brother. "Can you-" "Should I-" They started at the same time, and they blushed because they had interrupted each other. "You go ahead." Sang Hyun gentlemanly relented. "Can you stay over, just for tonight? You can have the bed, I'll sleep on the couch..." Bo Young asked, her voice trailing off as her face grew redder. Sang Hyun shook his head violently. "I was just about to suggest the same thing, but this is your house after all, please, stay on the bed. I'm perfectly comfortable with the couch." Bo Young cast him a relieved smile. 

*A/N: I know, the weekend is barely over but here I am with a new chapter! I'm busy procrastinating on my homework oopsss but anyway here is the link to a piano cover I just did on K Will's The Only Person (Pinocchio OST). I love the song so much hehe <3 please don't be silent readers!