When everything changed

Revelations of Secrets and Identities

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ssi, you’re here,”

“Yeah, sorry for being late, I had some… difficulties in the morning.”

“That’s perfectly fine. Actually I-“

“KYU APPA!”

“Heey, Ducky.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile, ruffling the little boy’s hair, and making him laugh in delight.

The day progressed quite fast with Sandeul attempting to do anything to impress his uncle, and Kyuhyun secretly on his phone the whole time.

~

It was time to go home, and Sandeul felt especially jumpy and excited. “Kyu appa, can we go get ice-cream again?”

“We can’t, your parents want you home early today. Maybe tomorrow.” He lied. Sandeul’s lower lip visibly quivered as he tried to hold in his tears. As if on cue, his phone began to buzz, and Kyuhyun noticed that he had gotten a new text.

We’ll be home late, Please look after Sandeul and DON’T give him anymore sweets.

Kyuhyun grunted in frustration and faced the younger again. “Actually, let’s go have ice-cream. I’ll buy you all the sweets in the world.” He said, mentally smirking at his evilness. Sandeul squealed in excitement and quickly latched onto his teacher’s arm. “Come on, Teacher! Kyu-appa said that he’d treat us out to sweets.”

Sungmin laughed and the hyperactive child. “You can come too, it was nice having company.” Kyuhyun stated calmly. The other nodded with a small smile lingering on his lips. As soon as they packed up, and everyone had left, they all went out together.

“So did you bring a car?”

“No, I always walk to work.”

“Ahh, then, come with us.”

~

“KYU APPA! Your car smells weird.” Kyuhyun reddened in embarrassment and choked on nothingness. Sungmin, who was next to him, patted his back to try to calm his coughs and they both rolled down the window.

“Why does it smell so bad?” Sandeul asked.

“Uhm I don’t know.”

“It smells… salty. AHHHH KYU APPA! I sat on white stuff.”

Kyuhyun braked suddenly on the side of the road and unlock the door to let himself out. He opened the door to get Sandeul out of the car, and Sungmin got out as well.

“Erm, let’s just walk. Walking is good for you right?”

“What about your car?”

“It’ll just stay here.”

Sandeul happily held onto Kyuhyun’s hand and Sungmin gave him a weird look.

“Should I even ask what it was?”

“No.”

Sungmin laughed. “You are unbelievable.”

The taller let out a loud groan out of embarrassment and averted his attention to the boy who was excitedly looking around.

~

“Kyu-appa I want strawberry ice-cream.”

“You already had blueberry ice-cream five minutes ago, and you didn’t even finish it.”

“But I like strawberry ice-cream more.”

“Sandeullie-ah, Kyu appa has no more money. He can’t buy you any more ice-cream.” Sandeul pouted and kept silent, while Kyuhyun gave Sungmin a warm smile to thank him for his help.

~

“It’s quite late.”

“Yeah.”

“Would you like to stay the night?”

“No, it’s okay, I’ll just get home myself.”

“Just stay. It’s my place anyways. Besides, there’s no public transport at this time, and my car is somewhere out there, and it’s too dangerous for you to walk.”

Sungmin let out a sigh of defeat. “Fine, I’ll stay for tonight. Thank you so much.”

“That’s alright.” There was a pregnant silence, before Sungmin decided to speak again. “So about your car...”

“Don’t even start.” He groaned, burying his head in his hands.

~

“Kyuhyun ssi. Wake up.”

“Eh?”

“Wake up, it’s time to work.”

“5 more minutes.” He mumbled.

“But we’re already late.”

Kyuhyun finally opened his eyes and saw the teacher hovering over him. “AHH! What are you doing?”

“Waking you up! Hurry, we’re late. Deullie’s downstairs and ready, I’ve made you all breakfast so hurry.”

“Breakfast?” He mumbled. He lazily got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to empty out his bladder. Within 10 minutes, Kyuhyun got ready and went out to the kitchen. He saw a cup of freshly brewed coffee, with a plate of omelettes and bread next to it. Kyuhyun’s stomach rumbled loudly, and he immediately scoffed down the whole meal.

Once finished, he looked at the other 2 who were waiting in the living room and reading together. He unconsciously smiled at the sight, and told them to go. Since his car was still lost in the open, Kyuhyun decided to simply catch the bus, as it was too far away to walk.

~

“You have to wait outside, in the meantime with Sandeul.”

“I have to go in and set up everything.”

“Would you like me to help?”

“It’s alright. It’s part of the job.”

Kyuhyun nodded and found a chair to sit on. He carried Sandeul up and place him on his lap, so he wouldn’t run away. Sandeul took both of this uncle’s hands and clasped them together, making a click sound, as though he was buckling himself up.

“Aigoo your child is so cute. What’s his name?”

“Sandeul.” He replied, uninterested in the conversation.”

“Ahh, this is Baro. He is my son.” He nodded. “Yes, and my name is Seohyun, what’s yours?”

“Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun-ssi, nice to meet you.”

“Likewise.” The lady frowned at his monotonous tone.

“Seohyun-ssi! You’re here early.”

“Sungminnie! Yeah, for once.”

They shared a laugh, and Kyuhyun wondered about what their relationship was. “Would you like to come in now?”

Slowly, one by one, people started to walk in with their child, and it soon became a whole class.

~

To say that Kyuhyun was bored to death would have been an understatement. He wanted to get out and do anything, that wasn’t this. He let out a large yawn and checked his phone for the nth time. To his luck, there was a phone call, and he quickly excused himself.

“Hello?” He said, for some reason his heart was beating rapidly.

“Is this Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Yes, who is this?” There was a lot of background noise, and he found it difficult to understand what the other was saying.

“That doesn’t matter. You were the first on their speed dial. The owner and a friend? They were in a car accident. It’s gruesome. Please hurry.” He replied, frantically.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened. “WHAT? WHERE?”

“At the intersection of the ChoLee game industries.”

“I’ll be right there.” They hung up and he ran back in class, attracting attention.

“What’s wrong?”

Kyuhyun glanced at the teacher. “Teuk. Accident. I need to go now.

“Let me go with you.” His head snapped back, “No. You have to stay here and talk to Sandeul. Don’t tell him about his parents.” He whispered.

With that, he left.

~

“No bystanders are allowed within these parameters.”

“That’s my brother and his partner.”

With slight hesitation, he was allowed in and Kyuhyun saw the harrowing sight he would have ever imagined. There laid his brother covered in his own blood. His right leg wasn’t attached to him, rather, it was a couple of metres away. His arms were twisted and bent in the most inhumane way ever, and there were 3rd degree burns all over his face. Kangin wasn’t any better- in fact, he was much worse. He was also covered in blood, his face was so burnt, that if Kyuhyun didn’t see the body that was attached, he wouldn’t have known it was his brother- in- law. His limbs were bent opposite to how it was supposed to and his neck was obviously snapped to the left. What made it worse, was that there was a huge sharp metal object that was pierced from his back, through to his heart, and out of his chest.

Oh my goodness.” Kyuhyun turned at the unknown person who spoke behind him.

“Sungmin.” He said breathlessly.

“I-I’m sorry. I just needed to see if you were alright, so I told Tiffany to take care of the children. I’m so so sorry Kyuhyun.” He hugged the taller for comfort and after withdrawing, Kyuhyun held his hand.

“This wasn’t an accident.” He murmured

“What?”

“This was on purpose.”

“What are you talking about Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Sungmin, making him whimper. “This scene is obviously not an accident. Someone was behind it all. I have to find it.”

And with that, he left ago of Sungmin’s reddened hands and left.

~

“Can you please look after him?”

“Is there something wrong?”

“No, no. It’s just Kyuhyun and his parents, have some business to attend to, and I must discuss with them some matters.”

“O-Oh okay. Don’t worry. I’ll take good care of him.”

“Thank you.” Sungmin said, handing Seohyun the sleeping Sandeul.

“No worries, he can play around with Baro.”

~

“I’m sorry.”

“You had every right to act like that.”

“I… have never told them how much I loved them. I wish that I could’ve at least showed them that.”

“No one knew it was going to end like this.”

“Where’s Sandeul?” He asked, realising that the little boy wasn’t with them.

“He’s in Seohyun’s care.”

“Oh.” Kyuhyun stood up and walked to the ‘family’ photo of him, Leeteuk, Kangin and Sandeul. They looked all so happy and it seemed like nothing could stop them from being happy. A lone tear escaped from Kyuhyun’s eye and he choked back a sob. Before he knew it, he was on his knees letting out all the emotions he had kept for as long as he remembered. He felt a hand soothing his back, but it made him more overwhelmed and emotional.

“I hate this. They didn’t deserve this.”

“…”

“I… They… The last time I saw them was when I stormed off. I wish I could change that.” He whispered.

“It was never your fault.”

“But I could’ve showed them that I loved them.”

They fell into a silence and all that could be heard was soft sniffs and breathing. That was until a loud DING was heard. Kyuhyun reached in his phone and pulled out his phone. His eyes widened as he looked at the recipient- Leeteuk.

 

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Leeteuk is dead

Next it’s Sandeul

 

He paled. “What is it?”

Shaken, Kyuhyun showed Sungmin the message, and the recipient.

“S-Sandeul?” BRIIING Both heads focused back to the phone. It was Leeteuk.

“H-Hello? Who is this? Why do you have this phone!”

“I’m so sorry.” A crying Seohyun was heard on the other line.

“Seohyun?”

“I tried my best but I couldn’t stop them. I’m so sorry. So so sorry.” There was continuous mumbles of sorry and loud cries.

“S-Seohyun. What happened? Why do you have this phone?” Kyuhyun asked, however, he had a gut feeling that he didn’t want to know.”

The cries became whimpers, “T-They took Sandeul and B-Baro. I’m sorry. I didn’t know who t-they were. They just c-came in. HELP ME PLEASE.” She cried. There was then an ear-piercing scream, a gunshot and then the line went blank.

 

 

Hi again, I have not much to say, so I'll just get to the thanking bit xD Thank you so much to:Bunnysol, KyuMinFever and vallibi for subscribing, and also to Bunnysol once again for upvoting :D You guys are all awesome. And also thank you to all the silent readers for, well, reading xD I hope you guys enjoyed it anyways ^^

LOL No one even reads this bit but still, I still want to thank you all which is why I changed the colours. To make them stand out :DD And pretty ^^ Anyways, I should stop talking now. Hope you subscribe and comment! It means a lot \o/

Oh , and sorry for the short chapter :C Just wanted to update.