One of Those Perfect Mornings

One of those Perfect Mornings

Kyuhyun’s POV

Kyuhyun felt something tickling his nose and slowly opened his eyes. Ryeowook was fast asleep next to him, and Kyuhyun realized Ryeowook's hair must have been the cause of the ticklish sensation. He smiled to himself as reality hit him. Ryeowook was his boyfriend, his lover, his husband and Kyuhyun basked in this realization. Never did he imagine that one day he would find someone so perfect for himself. Granted, they had their playful fights and their really bad fights (one of the things he avoided like the plague if he could help it...fighting with Ryeowook made him miserable). But for the most part their relationship had only grown stronger and the love and inside jokes had only grown. Ryeowook never ceased to bring a smile to his face every day.

Looking at his lover's face, it astounded him to think that they had been together for seven years now. In a way Ryeowook looked so different from when they had first met, but in a fundamental sense, he hadn’t aged a bit. Yes his hair was now styled differently and was shorter than when they had first begun their careers, but Ryeowook’s features still stole his breath away. His seemingly flawless jaw line, his pale skin, his cute nose, and of course his eyes. Those same features that had captivated him eight years ago still had him in a daze.

Ryeowook shifted and slowly opened his eyes, smiling at Kyuhyun:

A soft “Morning” broke Kyuhyun out of his trance, but he soon watched as his sleeply lover was already closing his eyes again. Kyuhyun chuckled:

“Morning love, did you sleep well?”

Ryewook smiled and opened his eyes again,

“I did…I dreamt of us, so how could it not have been good?” Kyuhyun grinned at his lover’s cheeky response

“Touché”

Ryeowook giggled and wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun and pecked him on the lips,

“Morning” he repeated to Kyuhyun

Kyuhyun quickly wrapped his arms around the petite frame and responded to his husband’s affection by slowly kissing his forehead, his cheeks, and by kissing just slightly to the right of his lips and then just slightly to the left of his lips, leaving Ryeowook craving more.

“Quit teasing me!” Ryeowook demanded.

Kyuhyun smiled affectionately, but instead of kissing Ryeowook on the lips that very second, he kissed his nose and then traced his lips with his fingers. As soon as he felt the soft lips, he felt his own willpower vanish and finally bent down to kiss his sleepy adorable husband. It wasn’t an urgent kiss, but rather a soft, sweet slow kiss. Ryeowook melted at the contact and was soon begging for a deeper kiss and Kyuhyun obliged him as he slipped his tongue into his mouth.

After a while they were both gasping for breath and Ryeowook reluctantly pulled away when he realized he was going to be late for a photo shoot-interview and he still needed to take a shower.

“Ah! Kyu! Im going to be late for the shoot! I still need to take a shower and Im not even dressed yet!”

It was now Kyuhyun’s turn to pout from the loss of contact, but he quickly understood Ryeowook’s dilemma and hurried to the kitchen to prepare his husband some breakfast before he left.

 

Ryeowook’s POV

 

He quickly started the shower and hopped in, the warm water felt soothing on his skin. His thoughts suddenly turned back to when he and Kyuhyun were still in bed and he smiled to himself as he touched his lips remembering Kyuhyun’s teasing.

To Ryeowook it was a mystery how Kyuhyun still kept him wanting more and still kept him blushing after all these years. Then again, he couldn't help it if his husband was gorgeous. Ryeowook's phsyical and emotional attraction to his spouse only seemed to grow with time. He was so proud of Kyuhyun’s mini solo album and had bought a copy the moment it was available for purchase. His husband’s voice was just about as y as it got and Ryeowook marveled at the richness in his tone.

He finished his shower and wrapped his towel around his waist and took another for drying his hair. He then entered their bedroom and looked in the closet deciding what to wear. In the distance he could hear Kyuhyun humming along to some music that was playing out of his laptop and Ryeowook couldn’t help but grin. Even if Kyuhyun wasn’t in the same room with him, the fact that he could always hear some humming in the distance had managed to become one of the most comforting sounds to him. He quickly dressed and headed for the kitchen and admired his husband who was working hard to make him an egg on toast for breakfast. His tall husband had on a dark blue V shirt that showed off his long neck, which always did dangerous things to Ryeowook's heart and he had on a pair of jeans that clung to his well toned thighs and if that wasn't enough he had on his reading glasses. It was a combination built to kill and god did it ever. He took a deep breath, reminding himself that he had an interview to go to and there was no time for his naughty thoughts.

“Need help?” he asked.

Kyuhyun looked up surprised, clearly he hadn’t heard him come into the kitchen

“No, I have everything just about done, I have the coffee and juice out, the fruit is on the table and the egg and toast are on the way” Kyuhyun said.

“I’m impressed Kyu Kyu, everything looks really good”

“Of course it does! I’m getting better you know…”

Ryeowook giggled and sat down at the table and Kyuhyun brought him a plate with a sunny side up egg on a piece of toast. Kyuhyun went back to the kitchen and brought back another plate for himself. They talked about what their schedules were for the day and teased each other. Despite getting older, their relationship hadn’t changed too much. They still shamelessly flirted with one another, they still whispered jokes about their hyungs in each other’s ears, they still sang to one another. And perhaps that was the secret behind their relationship. They made the mundane into something fun between them and they experienced the exciting moments that came with being a celebrity together. They kept one another grounded.

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook finished eating and Ryeowook quickly checked his phone for the time. He had a half an hour to get to the studio.

“I should get going now in case I run into traffic,” he said, already a bit worried that he was going to run late.

“Alright, if you must” Kyuhyun teased

Ryeowook smiled and pecked Kyuhyun on the lips and got his backpack, "I’ll be back at 5:00, so I’ll be back in time to cook dinner."

“I’ll do grocery shopping in the meantime, that way when you're done with the photo shoot you don’t need to stop by the store on your way back."

Ryeowook smiled, "you're going to brave the grocery store?"

"If it will get you back to me faster, then yes.” the other only said.

Damn his husband and damn his romantic lines...his poor emotions because he could feel the blush working its way to his cheeks and the puddle of goo that was once his heart. He walked back over to Kyuhyun and pulled him down for a long kiss before breaking away.

“I love you” Ryeowook said breathlessly.

“I should tell you I’m going grocery shopping more often if this is the response I get” Kyuhyun said while chuckling

“Kyu Kyu why must you ruin the mood” Ryeowook said while giggling

“It’s called humor my dear and I happen to know that you find it quite appealing” his tall husband said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Ryeowook playfully rolled his eyes and picked up his backpack again, getting ready to leave.

“Alright, I’m off” he said. Just as he pulled the door open and was about to take a step, he felt himself suddenly tugged back. Kyuhyun tilted his head back and kissed him passionately before he quietly whispered in his ear:

“I love you”, he then proceeded to gently push Ryeowook out the door and give him that one of a kind smirk and waved at his clearly surprised husband.

“I’ll see you later tonight, have fun at the shoot.”

Ryeowook was still stunned by the rash action of his husband and only managed to nod and wave back in response as he finally started to move down the hallway to the elevator. Once inside, he smiled to himself. Today was one of those perfect mornings and he was sure that this was going to be a great day. As luck or perhaps fate would have it, the exact moment Ryeowook was smiling to himself, Kyuhyun had just closed the door to their apartment and was grinning like an idiot as well, feeling ready to face his day.

 

**Authors Note: Hi! I hope you all liked this one-shot! This is the first one-shot I have ever written. I hope you guys enjoyed it! Please comment and let me know what you think!**