Part 2

I'll call you memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wow okay this turned out to be way longer than I'd ever imagined or wanted it to be lol. First of all, JB stans, forgive me. FORGIVE MY FLOP GRAMMAR, NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE. Please encourage me by upvoting and comments so that I'll be more hardworking to write this story. lol. I'm open minded, so I love to read your comments. I thought maybe I'll not make it long. Maybe about 4-7 chapter? ONLY IF I'M NOT LAZY. If I like sort of gone, go find me at twitter and force me to update this. Haha. My twitter: @wangkayee852 (Obviously I'm a Wang stan. lmao)

 

            Mark tried to be professional. Last night he was so embarrassed because of Jackson. When Jackson was at emergency ward, he was crying and asking for a doctor with futuristic hair style. Doctor Junho run to find Mark calling him, saying a drunken man probably want to meet him because he keep asking for man with futuristic hair style. Who else beside Mark? He’s the only one with this grey hairstyle. He thought it was his ex boyfriend, Jaehyung but it was Jackson. When he saw Jackson, he was a bit taken aback and all of his co workers look at him with their face asking ‘who is him?’

 

            “Ahh…. He’s just a dongsaeng that I know.” That was Mark explanation but Jackson eventually ran and hugged Mark. He pushed Jackson slowly and told everyone that this guy was too drunk. But, he knows a few nurse was laughing at the back and told him Jackson was cute.

 

            What the hell?

 

            Supposedly, his night shift was already over but still, he wait for Jackson to wake up at the next morning. Doctor Junho was in charge of Jackson but Mark told Junho that he wants to handle Jackson’s case. He was tired and he needs a freaking rest. But his stubborn mind still wants to hear Jackson’s explanation. He needs to talk to this man. Why did Jackson find him in his drunken state and crying like this? Is he crazy?

 

            Or I am crazy?

 

 

***

 

            “You can leave. Nothing’s wrong with you. The driver didn’t even hit you. You’re just too drunk last night. How much did you drink?” Mark want to avoid him at the same time Mark wants to hear his explanation. At the end, Mark himself doesn’t know what he actually wants.

 

            “Mark! Wait... I have something personal to talk to you.”

 

            “I’m busy and I don’t know you…” Mark actually confused with himself.

 

            “Mark, please….” A few of nurse was watching them weirdly. So Mark said to them to continue working. Jackson was okay and they need a personal time to talk. They understand it and left them. Mark sighed. He was too tired maybe. He can’t even think straight right now. Jackson came so sudden that he was flustered.

 

            Mark took Jackson to a small room at the hospital. Jackson doesn’t know what room is that, so he keeps looking around.

 

            “What? What do you want to talk about?” Mark asked, fiercely.

 

            “Why are you so mad? Can we at least talk nicely at a café or rooftop…”

 

            “So, you came here, drunk just to find me? The doctor you said with futuristic hair style is me? Good things that you don’t know my name at that time…”

 

            “I know now. MARK TUAN…” Jackson smile pointing at the name tag.

 

            “Exactly, what reason did you have to come all the way here and embarrassed me while I’m working? Do my work looks like a joke to you? Do you think I have a lot of time to play with you? Can you see I’m working right now?” Mark attacked Jackson with a nonstop question, but Jackson was just smiling like an idiot.

 

            His facial lines… It’s a charming point of Jackson.

 

            “I told you before I came here to find you…”

 

            “For what???” Mark raised his voice.

 

            “I don't care if we talk about absolutely nothing; I just want to talk to you.” Jackson walks one step nearer to Mark. Mark can’t even describe how much he was nervous and he doesn’t even move at that time. He only starred at Jackson.

 

            The same face, eyes, nose and lips.

 

            He can even feel Jackson’s breathing. They’re way too closed. Marks palm on Jackson chest, ready to push him, if he does something crazy. Slowly, Jackson comes nearer and kisses Mark. Mark tried to push him at first but Mark doesn’t even know why he stopped pushing Jackson. Jackson’s gentle approach is amazing. Jackson kisses his upper lips and lower lips. Mark somehow tried to push Jackson again because this is so sudden to him and he was blushing but Jackson was so stubborn and the kiss was heaven to Mark. Slowly, Mark eventually accepted that kiss.

 

            Why I am doing this?

 

            “I miss you so much…” Jackson patted Mark’s head.

 

            “Jackson, what are you doing now?”

 

            “Kiss. A ‘welcome back’ kisses…” Jackson smile and Mark thinks it was so pretty. Mark was melting with that smile. Perhaps, he misses that smile so much.

 

            But, why?

 

            “We''ve said before right? Between us…” Mark hasn’t finish talking but Jackson shut him off with a pecked Mark’s lips one more time before he finally stepped away.

 

            “Mark, I’m so tired right now. I will get your contact number and call you later…” Jackson suddenly took Mark’s phone in his pocket and makes a miss call to his number. Jackson left Mark speechless.

 

***

 

            Mark’s mobile phone was ringing again. Jackson tried calling him again and again. But Mark was just ignoring his missed call. Mark sighed, wondering when Jackson will stop. Mark was checking the patient condition. He’s not doing really great, but at least there’s still hope. His bile duct was blocked. Initially the medical team thought that they could operate to remove it but when they tried, they found that the cancer was too far advanced and was curled around the portal vein.

 

            “How are you today? Done taking the medicine?” Mark asked.  The male patient in front of him, was just nodding, and smiled back. But, Mark know, that man was in pain inside and he was enduring the struggle with chemotherapy treatment. He always smiled and stayed positive. Mark thought he was a great man that doesn’t know the word give up. He doesn’t even tell his family that he was sick so he fought with cancer, alone.

 

            How he wished, he was strong like that…

 

            Mark’s phone was ringing again. He ignored it when he saw Jackson’s name. He already set that number to ‘don’t answer it’.

 

            “You just need to be positive, discipline and fight it, because you can do it! We do our best to treat you and we need you to be always strong to fight it! You’re such amazing man, you know. Not all patients are strong like you.” Mark gave encouragements. That man, who’s wearing a red beanie nodded again with a smile. When he smiled, his eyes closed.

 

            “I am strong enough to fight the cancer because I need to live for someone. It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for that person, I will be strong.” He said and smiled again. Mark knew it was a bitter smile.

 

            “Is it that person?” Mark pointed out the picture on a small frame besides his bed. Mark realized that patients always hug that picture frame before he sleep. It’s a black and white of his picture and a guy.

 

            “Yeah... I’m strong because I still have him in my life. I need to be alive because of him. So, I will fight everything for him.”

 

            “He didn’t know you’re here?” Mark asked. That man was just sighed. A bitter smile draws on his face.

 

            “I’m going to hurt him if he knows about this. Maybe, it’s better if I recover and then, I’ll meet him again and tell him about this. Moreover, he always busy with his job. I don’t want to be a burden for him.”

 

            “You’re a really great guy. Later, when you recover, let’s have a drink. Wait… You must recover! So, you can meet that person too and introduce him to me!” Mark was joking and that patient was just laughing. His phone ringing again and again, he ignored it.

 

            “Doctor, later… After the chemo treatment, can you bring me to the rooftop? I need someone to push my wheelchair. I really want to see the sky, but now I can’t even walk properly. I always feel so tired. It’s been a long time since I see the world outside. Can you help me, doctor?” He asked with his dreamy eyes. It’s because his body was too weak now. He’s been fighting with cancer and receiving chemo treatment. He lost his energy because of that.

 

            “No problem, but now you need to get a lot of rest first.” Mark nodded, agreed.

 

            Again, his phone was ringing and he rejects the call.

 

            “Doctor Mark… You keep ignoring the calls. Is it because of me, that you ignore it? It’s okay, you can answer it.”

 

            “Ahh.. No.. No.. I’m just too lazy to answer this. I don’t know this person. My life is a mess right now because of this crazy lunatic. I should take a break. Too much stress with work, you know…” Mark wrote something on the patient’s report.

 

            At the top of reports write as ‘PATIENT NAME: IM JAEBUM’

 

            “We’ll meet later,” said Mark. That patient nodded with a smile. Again, his eyes close when he smiled.

 

            Mark took a look at the frame besides his bed.

 

            

 

            ‘Whoever you’re, I’ll do my best to save Jaebum, so that he can spend the rest of his life with you.’

 

***

 

            The studio is more quiet than usual. Only Jinyoung and Jackson were there discussing about the next photo shoot. Jinyoung noticed that Jackson changed a lot when he met the doctor guy. Jackson can’t really focus with his job. But at least it was better than before when he was so crazy because he don’t know the doctor’s name. Just now, the craziness is a lot more to his phone. Jackson was always trying to call that doctor every day whenever he has a free time.

 

            Dr. Mark Tuan.

 

            Jackson kept mentioning his name until Jinyoung can already remember it. Jinyoung doesn’t understand what is so special about him. Well, Mark got looks like a model. But Jackson only met him for two times. Not like they already know each other for a long time. So, how can Jackson was crazy about Mark every day? How the hell Jackson changed a lot just because that one day he met Mark? Jinyoung can’t understand it. Maybe Jackson already falls for that guy. Perhaps, Jackson was in love with him. Jinyoung sighed.

 

            Jackson already found Mark. When will he found Jaebum?

 

            “It’s good that you at least found him. Aaahhh… When will my turn to meet Jaebum? I feel like if he comes back to me someday, I want to punch him so bad! Argghhh… Why do I miss him so much?” Jinyoung sat at the chair in front of the computer. Jackson was ignoring him. He was still with his phone trying to call Mark.

 

            “Why do you keep calling him? He’s a doctor right? He must be busy with his work. Can you stop being childish?” Jinyoung raised his voice at Jackson.

 

            “I’m not being childish. I’m desperate for his attention. He didn’t pick up my calls and answer my text messages. I’m anxious. The more he ignored me, the more I want to call him. I can’t stand people like this you know!”

 

            “Then, forget him…” Jinyoung said with relax expression.

 

            “Obviously, I can’t!” Jackson frowned. He was being over sensitive now.

 

            “Jackson, you know right? We have another shoot today. Please focus with your work… This is important shoot for our magazine.”

 

            “Jinyoung ahh... You’re seriously an incredible person. How can you still be professional even what happen between you and Jaebum? I really don’t think I can do it. I don’t think I will be strong like you.” Jackson put his camera on table.

 

            “Because I keep lying to myself that I can do it and I can survive this… And if Jaebun really loves me, he will come back to me. I just need to wait for him. Time will heal everything.” Jinyoung smiled with his dreamy eyes. Hi missed Jaebum so much. He does. But what else he can do to save their relationship? He does everything he could. He’s being honest but no one knows what is inside his heart.

 

            “Those mean bull or give up in my dictionary.”

 

            “Okay Jackson! First, I’m not taking any relationship advices from a guy who has been single for the last 3 years and a playboy who don’t like commitment and afraid of relationship.” Jinyoung winced slightly and add, “Second, I do things like this all the time. I don’t know why only now you make such a big fuss about it.”

 

            “Did you even trying?” Jackson raised his eyebrows.

 

            “Yaa!! Don’t you dare sit there and tell me that I didn't try. I did, okay! I do everything I could to save our relationship. But if he is the one running and not coming back to me, I can’t do anything!” Jinyoung glared. Jackson sighed.

 

            “But before this, he was like that too right? When he was running somewhere, you didn’t even stop him. When he came back you just accept him like that. You let him came back to you, but you don’t stop him when he leaves. You guys never open up about your heart to each other.”

 

            “That is because our personality! He keeps inside about his problem and I can’t force him to tell me! Same goes to me. His personality is quiet. We accept each others like that!” Jinyong raised his voice again. Jackson doesn’t really talk about Jinyoung’s relationship with Jaebum but he don’t know why today Jackson kinda ‘attacking’ him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter