Part 1

I'll call you memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           If someone asked him ‘who is Mark?’, he definitely will answer with two words. MY LIFE.

            If he can turn back the time, he wish he will not meet Mark in his life. But, then it was his fate to meet Mark.

            Jackson sighed. He is a man who always goes partying, enjoy drinking and have fun with his life. He is the definition of playboy. Working as a photographer, he met so many models and spent a one night stand with them. It’s not like he hated relationship, it’s just he think he haven’t meet the right one. All of those models like him because he is a photographer. So, he can say it was just a business relationship between him and the other partner. After he got back from work, he goes to partying like usual and he will hook up with some guy or model to sleep. Or sometimes, he just went home alone. It was just a normal thing that he does in his life. Then that one special night he eventually met a special guy.

            That was when his definition of ‘normal’ changed.

            It’s a usual place where he goes after work. He knows a few people who work there. He knows a few of their customer as well. The loud music somehow made him forget that he was really tired. Today he did three pictorial magazines in a day and enduring a fussy, picky and bossy magazine editor, Jinyoung. It was a normal day of a famous photographer, Jackson Wang. He smiled watching peoples dancing here and there. It kind of relieved when he drinks. He forgets that he was really worn-out. He forgets what Jinyoung has been nagging him for the whole day. He forgets that he still has tone of shooting schedule tomorrow and next week. At least, he was enjoying this time and this moment when he tried to relax his brain to not thinking of anything. 

            He ordered some shots. Drink and drink again. He knows, and realizes that he was already in drunken state. He feels nothing. His mind is clear. There is nothing to worry anymore.  As he was about to down the last one and ditch the place, an angelic looking young man appears seemingly out of nowhere. He appears so confident when he walks to the bar. His godly appearance with handsome looks and nice outfits, Jackson knows and 100% he was a model from the way he walks. He has a really small face with beautiful lips but still looking so manly. His hair was colored with grey and a bit greenish tone and he has a very nice jaw lines. He sits beside Jackson at the bars.

            Jackson smiled. He was wondering why he still looking at that man. He decided not to think about him and just have a good time and party. But, still he can’t take his eyes off that guy.  Jackson ends up studying his figures and features. Not being a ert but it was just because of his work. As a photographer, his mind was picturing that man as his model. He was imagining what concept and pose that will perfectly suit his style. Jackson knows, this man can appear so charismatic or manly in his photo shoot. Autumn concept or winter? It will perfectly suit him anyway, but something seems wrong. Something is lacking. Something made the picture kinda ruined and he was wondering what and why.

            Is it because of his outfits? No… His appearance with unnecessary ing of white shirt collars with fitted black pants proved, it was too much to handle. Is it because of his hair? He doesn’t think so. He looks really good with the style up and the colors matched his pale skin so well. His accessories? It was simple with watch and earrings and just fit right with his style. He does looks like someone who know to dress well but looking simple and stylish. As expected, a model! But, when Jackson looks at his facial expression, he knows something was lacking. Something was missing. He doesn’t smile so much. And his eyes were a bit sad…

            But still, his eyes were shining, prettily…

 

           That man only drinks a glass. Then, he was staring at the glass for a long time. For a moment, Jackson was wondering what he was thinking? Is it about his problem at work? Relationship? Because, he looks like he was a bit sad. For sure, he’s not really happy. He didn’t dance or talk to others. He just sit there and staring at his glass ignoring everyone and loud music. What things that has been bothering him? Suddenly, that man smiled bitterly and turned around. Their eyes met.

           "Would you like another round?" Jackson started the conversation. That guy gives him a smirk. Then, he smiles.

           His smile was so pretty.

           “I never meet you at here before. Well, I always come here. So, I know who is new here.” Jackson gives a seductive smile.

           “Yeah, I’m new here…”

           His voice was deep and somehow Jackson thinks it was really y.

           Jackson opened his wallet and tries to give that man his business card. “By the way, I am Jackson Wang. I work as…” He paused because Mark already cut him with a statement.

           “I don’t like to talk about work or business right now. It’s my time to relax.”

           He’s different.

 

           Other models will be excited to get his business card and declaring their connection to Jackson Wang, the famous photographer but this man already rejects him from the start.

           “I’m not talking about business. I am introducing myself to you…”

           “I’m not interested to know you…” He said that with a smile.

           “Why? I bet you will not saying that if you know who I am…”

           “Really? Let see… Introduce yourself to me.”

           Jackson doesn’t know how to describe this feeling. It’s like that man is challenging his pride. And he can’t stand it!

           “I am Jackson Wang. I am a fashion photographer. I do work for Nylon Korea and Grazia. You don’t know me maybe because you haven’t met me before. I don’t know if I should say this but it’s weird if you don’t know me. I’m quite famous you know…”

           He smiles again.

           “Still I’ll say the same thing. I’m not interested to know you.”

           “Why?” His pride was crushed just like that.

           “I came here to relax my mind. Not to work or making friends and connection. I set my goal whenever I do something and I’ll only aim for that.”

           “Okay. We’ll go with your goal…”

           “What?!” He smirked.

           “So, your goal is to relax your mind right? I’ll do what I can to relax your mind. I am expert in that area. I can help you to relax your mind.” Jackson smile and he offers a drink to that man.

           “Who are you?” That man asks with a smile thinking it was funny.

           “See? Now you’re interested to know me…” Jackson smirked. Somehow, he was feeling satisfied with himself.

           “My question is ‘who are you (He point his finger to Jackson’s chest) to help me relaxing my mind?’ That is my question and I am still not interested to know you, Mr…. Jackson?” Relax. He is so relax when he talk and that deep voice just make it more tempting.

           “I am just a random person you meet at the club.”

           “And I like it to stay like that. Just a random person I meet at here. I don’t want to know who you are. It’s not important.” He eventually rejects the drink.

           “You know what? The more you talk, the more…”Jackson leans forward to that man. He flinches. Jackson succeeds making him blush a bit. Their eyes meet again. This time, are closer than before. He can even hear his breath stop for a seconds. He continues, “I want to kiss you.”

           He pushed Jackson from himself slowly and laughing.

           “You like me?” He asked Jackson.

           “Well, you do look appealing in my eyes,” Jackson answers. He smirks again. That smirks! It was so tempting. Jackson wondering, how why never met this model even he’s been working as a photographer for a long time.

           “I’m warning you… Don’t fall for me. I hated relationship.” He gives a warning.

           “Well, same goes for me. I don’t like commitments.” Jackson answered back.

           “You want to talk with me at other place?” He gives a seductive looks.

           “Of course other place is better. Anywhere, you prefer?” Jackson asked with his hand slowly grabbing the man’s hand. But, it’s not easy like Jackson thinks. That man still rejecting Jackson’s gesture. He pulled his hand slowly from Jackson.

           “I think I am drunk. I should go back. Nice to meet you, young man…” He stands up, but Jackson grabs his slender hand.

           “Trust me. I’m good at making you relax your mind. I’m serious.” Jackson still wants him no matter, how he was rejected.

           “Jackson…” He said. There’s warning at his tone. Jackson smiled. It was so nice hearing that man called his name.

           “Yes…”

           “I’m warning you. Just don’t fall for me…”

           “If that’s the only thing you want... I have no problem with it.”

           “You said it yourself. You’re just a random person that I meet at a club and I want our relationship to stay just like that.”

 

 

           Short story, Jackson brought that man to his home and they ‘spent the night’ together.

 

 

           Next morning, Jackson woke up with a smile. He was in a really good mood. White bed sheet and he was still . His room was so bright with morning light stray from the window. The sun was a bit up on the sky. He guessed it’s around 9 am and he look at his watch on the table. He was right. But when he turned around, he realized he was alone on the bed. That man already left. So, it’s really like any other night where he spent the night with other models. But he does keep in touch with them or at least working together because they got ‘connection’ with him. But this man….

           He’s different from others.

 

           Jackson was grinning thinking of that ‘moment’ with him. It was short but sweet. He never feels like that. It’s like that man perfectly fit with his taste. He giggled. Whenever Jackson talks, that man will laugh. It’s not even funny but he still laughs and Jackson can’t understand it. He is unpredictable. That man was cute too. When he laughed, it sounds adorable like a little kid. So Jackson asked him, “Why are you laughing? It’s not even funny. I’m just telling you that I like my job but I hate the magazine director because he was nagging to me all the time like my mom. You know what? I can’t do anything because he is my friend. So I need to deal with it.”

           He answered back, “I never met someone who talks a lot after making out. I don’t know why whenever you talk, its feel funny. Even, you were so serious. Hahahah. It’s okay Jackson. He nagged you for your own benefits. He is your friend right?” Jackson feels warm by his words. Somehow he feels happy when he talked to him, so he really talked a lot. Sharing his story of life to that man and that man surprisingly good at making him feel better.

           “Most of my ex can’t understand me. I was so busy with my careers and they said I cheat them with those models. I give them everything. Money, jobs and expensive cloth and still they said I am such a trash, a cheater. I told them every day, ‘I love you’ ‘I’m sorry’ but it’s useless. I can’t understand what exactly they want. That’s why I’m not going to have a relationship. I still haven’t met someone who can complete me you know. That’s why at the end I really hate relationship. Like you, we’re same, anyway…”

           “Jackson, all your partners want to be spoiled, not with money or expensive cloths, but with attention, effort, & constant reassurance. Actions speak louder than words. We can apologize over and over, but if our actions don't change, the words become meaningless. You don’t really need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely. You’ll find one, someday!” He patted Jackson’s head. Slowly, he touched Jackson’s hair.

           “I like your hair. So fluffy…”

           “I like your hair too. It’s like someone who comes from the future.”

           At this statement, that man cracks up. Shoulder-shaking, whole-body laughed. It was so lovable to Jackson. Sometimes, Jackson has no idea what he finds it funny, even if he was laughing at himself. He just knows one thing for now. He’s happy when he talks to him.

           Jackson still remembers when he stares lovingly to that man’s eyes. To his sad looking eyes. His eyes were so pretty. It’s like it was shining. In the dim light of the bedroom, he kissed him lovingly. Jackson kissed his lower lip first, chaste and his upper lip the same. It feels like in heaven for a moment. But then, he slowly pushed Jackson away. That man shyly looking at other place. He was fluttered and Jackson thinks it was so cute when he blushed.

           “I’m tired. I want to sleep…” That was the last word that Jackson heard from him.

 

***

 

           “Did something happen last night?” Jinyoung asked him.

           “Why?” Jackson was checking his camera on the tables. A few staffs there were busy helping Jackson checking up the equipment after they finished the photo shoot.

           “I like this photo shoot and the way you took the pictures. Well as expected! Jackson Wang the famous photographer. It was just an easy task for you. You do your job very well today and you look a bit happy. Why? You meet a new boy?”

           “Yeah… It was nothing really. I met him at the club. Well, it just a onetime thing. And I even don’t know his name. It’s funny because this guy is a bit different you know? He’s cute charming and manly. All in one. Hahaha.” Jackson was laughing thinking how he really enjoying those moments with that man.

           “When will you change Jackson? Stop playing around like that. I don't like you screwing other people. What if someone will screw you later? Karma is cruel, Jackson. Karma…”

           Jackson cut in, “What’s wrong with you? If I make mistakes while shooting, you will nag me like crazy, complaining here and there. Now, I do my job right and you still complaining. Now, you don’t have nothing to complain, you mention about my private life. Jinyoung ahh, what things you said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter