A Melodic Memory

A Melodic Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of my solo concert. I decided to dedicate a ballad song to a special someone. I strolled onto stage after getting out of the tight leather clothes and into a flowy, white dress accompanied with a flower crown and a golden acoustic guitar.

“The next song I’m going to be singing is a ballad. I chose this song because it has a lot of meaning behind it, so I hope you all will enjoy it.” I cleared my throat before strumming the 6 string at once.

 

“I still love you…

I wanted to tell you,

the one who couldn’t take it anymore and

gave up in the end.”

“1, 2, 3, hello! We are Infinite!” The 7 boys chorused together as we all crowded into one small fitting room.

“Hello, I’m Yoo Jisung,” I bowed in reply.

My eyes locked onto Sunggyu’s and my heart picked up in speed as he stared at me with a cute gaze. I blushed faintly and bowed slightly, earning a large smile in return. “I’m Sunggyu,” he spoke as he approached me and held his hand out. “I know, I’m a huge fan of your voice,” I blurred. “I-I’m Jisung, Yoo Jisung,” I choked on my words as I nervously smiled and slip my hand into his. “I know, I’m a huge fan of your voice,” Sunggyu chuckled.

“You have a beautiful name,” he flashed a sweet smile towards my direction before one of s pulled him away. “T-thank you…”

“Here’s a copy of our CD, please enjoy it!” Woohyun handed me their signed CD while I handed them my signed CD.

“It was nice meeting you! Thank you once again,” Sunggyu said before the 7 of them bowed in sync before leaving the changing rooms.

"I miss you more than I hate you
I long for you more than I’m sad
Is this not it? Is this not it?”

"Jisung!" Sunggyu shouted as I reached backstage after a tiring performance on Music Bank.

"Oh oppa! Hello!" I smiled and approached him before we exchanged a friendly hug. "You done well out there," he patted me on the back, flashing a warm smile. "Thanks! I was about to faint due to how hot it was," I joked.

"Uh, before I go, I wanna ask you something," he said, grabbing my arm gently and dragging me to a place that wasn’t populated with people. "Jisung-ah… This may sound weird, but you’re a really beautiful girl with a magnificent voice," he began. "Whenever I see you around - whenever I see you smile and laugh, whenever I hear you sing, my heart starts to flutter like crazy. When you talk to me, my beat beats uncontrollably to the point where I think it’s going to jump out and chase after you when you leave," he slightly chuckled and blushed. I stood in silence, silently putting the pieces of his words together to create a picture of what he’s going ask me.

"Aish, I don’t know how to say it romantically," he laughed. "Long story short, I want you to be my girlfriend." He sighed. "Will you be my girlfriend, Jisung-ah? I may not be the perfect romantic boyfriend, or the guy who will always spoil you with random items, but I will definitely spoil you with my love." He looked longingly in my eye. "Of course I will, oppa." I smiled and hopped up onto my toes and pecked him gently on the lips. "And oppa, you’ve been spending way too long with Woohyun." We both laughed before sharing a few more kisses.

"It was so familiar from the start,
more than a long-time couple,
and now it’s nothing but insignificant memories.”

I was home alone and schedule-free as the manager decided to give me a break from all the photoshoots. I ended my promotions not long ago which means the photoshoots, radio schedules, interviews, etc. died down, but I still visited the studio for some recordings now and then.

A chorus of knocks were heard on the door and I looked at it in confusion.

“Who is it?” I shouted before opening the door. “Guess who~,” the voice sounded familiar. I opened the door with excitement and almost pounced on whoever was on the other side of it.

“Oppa~!” I squealed before dragging him into my house. Kicking the door shut, I pinned him against the door and stared into his eyes. “When did you get so fierce?” He huskily spoke before he easily flipped around, so that I was against the door and my wrist trapped in his hands. “That was pretty hot though,” he deeply spoke before teasing me by lightly rubbing my lips with his own. I gave up and finally enclosed that small little gap between us and his grip on my wrists fell as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

After a few minutes, we broke away and stared into each other’s eyes. “You’re beautiful, Jisung-ah,” Sunggyu sincerely whispered before taking my lips again in a more passionate way.

As I sang those lyrics, the memories played in my head like a movie. The pain dragging my heart down to the pits of sadness, knives impaling it on the way down. Word after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter