SEVEN

Bottled Hopes and Lullabies

CHAPTER SEVEN

THIS AGREEMENT is entered into this xx day of xxxxxxx, 20xx, by the following:

  • Huang Zi Tao
  • Zhang Yixing
  • Lu Han
  • Kim Minseok
  • Kim Jongdae
  • Park Chanyeol
  • Do Kyungsoo
  • Kim Jongin
  • ByunBaekhyun
  • Oh Sehun

(hereinafter referred to as “Wu Enterprise Seoul”) and between Wu Yi Fan(hereinafter referred to as “Aiden’s Father”).

        Wu Yi Fan and the following people stated above thereof hereby mutually agree as follows:

1.     Both parties have entered into this Agreement for the guardianship of WU ENTERPRISE SEOUL over WU “Aiden” JU LONG.

2.     WU ENTERPRISE SEOUL shall provide all labor, equipment and products needed to complete the duties (the “Babysitting Job”) and will perform all that is necessary to carry out the “Babysitting Job” in the highest of standards.

3.     WU ENTERPRISE SEOUL shall be held responsible for everything that is to happen to WU “Aiden” JU LONG during the span of this Agreement.

4.     The term of this Agreement shall be for a period of       FIVE    ( 5)days to commence on the xx day of xxxxx, 20xx, and shall terminate on thexx day of xxxxx, 20xx. This Agreement is NOT renewable after the date of termination.

5.     Either           Wu Yi Fan           or WU ENTERPRISE SEOUL may terminate this Agreement at any given time, provided that the party who wishes to terminate this Agreement provides    TWO   ( 2) days written notice to the other party.

6.     Hereunto attached with is the schedule of Babysitters for the week.

7.     WU HANA is not to be informed about any of this.

 

Signed,

____________________________

Wu Yi Fan, WU PRIME, CHAIRMAN

 


 

 “Wow… that… err… looks official?” Suho says, quite unsure about what he was currently feeling at the moment.

 

Everyone was speechless, a loss for words at the scene that had unfolded just before them; Tao smiles and closes the folder containing the contract that he had just read aloud to his fellow gentlemen on the table –yes, he had gone out of his way to actually make an official contract for his so-called proposal of babysitting Aiden.

 

“Popato ~” Aiden says as he continues to poke fun at his bowl of mashed sweet potatoes using a plastic spoon. Potatoes ~ yum yum ~ he was clearly unaware of his quiet uncles and dad.

 

Tao sits back down and hands over the contract to Kris –who was sitting beside him at the moment- he then whips out a pen and places it on top of the folder “Now, it’s time for you to sign and all will be made legal and official ~” he smiles innocently at the chairman, ignoring the eye-rolls and glares sent his way.

 

It’s not that they didn’t want to take care of Aiden, it was the fact that they were at that point of year where everything needed to get done. They were businessmen afterall. “You know Kris, you don’t have to –” Lay stops halfway and gulps as Tao whips his head towards his direction and send him a deadly glare, one that said ‘speak and I will kill you

 

Kris gives Tao one last look and the other replies with an assuring smile, thus with a little unsure feeling at the bottom of his gut, he picks up the pen and signs it anyway and a series of groans, heavy sighs and murmured complaints follow but Tao could care less as he had kissed the contract and even so… embraced it.

 

“This is gonna be a long week…” Sehun huffs.

 

TUESDAY

Babysitters: Uncle Chanyeol and Uncle Tao

 

AIDEN

 

It was morning; a very happy morning and I have woken up from my long sleep. I was very tired last night; my uncles were so loud on the table talking about grown-up stuff that I didn’t understand then uncle Tao kept bothering me, he was distracting me from eating my sweet potatoes and even teased me with a strawberry, he kept poking my cheek with it but didn’t put it in my mouth! Meanie… he’s a mean panda.

 

Luckily, my pretty uncle Luhan gave me some! I love uncle Luhan, he’s as pretty as mama –but no, mama is the prettiest girl in the world! No one can beat mama!

 

Snore. Oh? I look to the side and see Baba… but why are his eyes still closed? It’s morning already, he’s wasting precious daylight. I guess I should wake him up now.

 

“Baba ~ baba ~” but he doesn’t even budge. Hmph.

 

Being a baby is hard; I decide to climb onto Baba’s stomach and poke his cheeks, “Mmph… Aiden… it’s too early ~” he frowns and pulls my hands away from him face but no… I’m not giving up on you Baba! You have to get up!

 

“Baba ~ !” I pull on his nose and hair and it seems to work because now Baba is singing! “Ahhhhh!Yaaaah! Aiden, noooooo! Owwww!”

 

Hehe, Baba is always funny in the morning. Finally, he wakes up… good morning, Baba!

 


 

Somewhere else…

 

It was quiet. The room was dim and comfortably cold, perfect for a good sleep; there, on the king-sized bed, he lay on the finest duvets with around a dozen of pillows surrounding him and slept with a smile on his face –and maybe a little drool on the side of his mouth- as he sauntered continuously onto the land of dreams. It had been a long day yesterday and he wanted nothing more than to rest his body and sleep until those final seconds before his alarm would ring.

 

He was happy and content, completely undistur—

 

RING. RING. RING.

 

“Mmph…” his face scrunches at the sound. He rolls to his opposite side and turns his back on the ringing device.

 

RING. RING. RING.

 

He groans and pulls a pillow over his head to block off the sound, oh no, he was not going to be disturbed. He had sworn not to leave this bed at any sound except for his alarm clock and that was not his alarm tone. Nope, he was going to sleep until –RING. RING. RING. “ING HELL!”

 

He sits up and swipes his phone from the bedside table and briskly answers the call “WHAT THE DO YOU WANT AT THIS UNGODLY HOUR OF THE ING MORNING?!” he cusses, clearly annoyed at the fact that his precious sleep had been disrupted.

 

“Oh no…” the person on the other line clicks his tongue in a disappointed manner, “You did not just cuss at me”

 

He annoyingly runs a hand down his face, “Will you just tell me what you want so I can go back to sleep? Geez” “No. you are not going back to sleep, you are going to get your up and pick up Aiden”

 

“What?” he was dumbfounded for a moment but then remembers… and he wishes he hadn’t. He checks the clock on the bedside table and heavily sighed, he had an hour more but then this idiot just had to go and ruin it.

 

“Get up. Kris has an important agenda today, take good care of Aiden. I’ll take him off your hands after lunch”

 

“I’m going to shove my phone up your sassy, y one day, Tao…”

 

“Don’t even threaten me, Park Chanyeol”

 


 

Kris huffs. He checks the clock on the bedside table and groans as he rubs the sleep from his eyes, it was only six-thirty in the morning yet the little guy had already bombarded him. Aiden sat up on his daddy’s tummy, looking at him expectantly, I’m hungry ~ time for eating, Baba!

 

He had two choices at the moment: go back to sleep and wait for Aiden to cry like a distressed whale or get up and keep the kid in a good mood. He chooses the second option; having to feel sorry for his ears should the little devil break it. He might not only lose his hearing but perhaps also lose his sanity. So he grabs hold of the boy and gets up, pecking a kiss on his forehead and walks out to the living room.

 

He turns on the television. Great, he breathes in content, just in time for Pororo, he sets Aiden down on the carpet and automatically the little boy’s eyes glued onto the screen

 

“You watch for a bit, okay kid? Alright…” he then goes over to the couch and calls for room service to deliver them breakfast.

 

Just as he had put down the phone, a knock came on the door “That was fast…” he says, almost impressed and gets up to answer it but contrast to what he had expected, he instead saw a groggy-looking Chanyeol, he certainly was well dressed but seemed unpleasant this morning.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kris asks him, stepping aside to let him in then closing the door, “Ugh, ask Tao… he told me to pick up Aiden for the babysitting thing… he’s crazy”

 

Oh right… the agreement. Kris remembers, the two walk into the living room and find the boy standing on his feet, somewhat dancing –or just shaking his and bending his legs, really- much to their amusement. Chanyeol smirks as he pockets his hands, “Looks like he enjoys Pororo”

 

“Who doesn’t?” Kris retorts and Chanyeol responds with a scoff, “Uh, you?”

 

Kris frowns at him “I do not… I like Pororo”

 

“Yeah, sure, if liking means that you once ripped off a stuffed Pororo’s head from his body then okay” Chanyeol sniggers, flopping himself down on the couch while Kris excuses himself to fix Aiden’s things.

 

Breakfast soon arrives and the morning flows on. Chanyeol had volunteered to feed Aiden for trade that Kris bathes the boy; the uncle didn’t have much difficulty with him, seeing as Aiden had enjoyed Chanyeol’s strategy of the classing airplanes and choo-choo trains, it was miracle in Kris’s eyes.

 

By eight o’clock, Kris was suited up and Aiden was dressed in his little body suit that was printed to look like a tuxedo, he was adorable actually, then the three left the hotel suite to head for Wu Enterprise. The drive was a tad bit annoying though, because Aiden was on board, Chanyeol had to turn down his speed from the usual after hearing Kris’s rants about Hana’s reminders of him ‘not to drive too fast or’ and a continuation of all possible car accident scenarios follow.

 

Either way, they make it to the office, unscathed and with zero injuries.

 

And as Kris entered the glass double doors of the company he once ruled, he was greeted by the same atmosphere during his reign. A mix of cold fear and silence… and maybe just a bit of wonder and adornment, credits to Aiden which he was carrying in his arms.

 

So many people… they look weird. Aiden quietly thinks to himself as he bites his little fist while his dad is greeted by his uncle Suho along with his assistant “Welcome to Wu Enterprise, chairman” Joonmyeon teases with a small chuckle as he shakes his colleague’s hand.

 

Kris rolls his eyes at him; Suho maintains his smile and they part hands, he then proceeds to inform the chairman of what was to happen now, “Ms. Lu will be handling both our schedules today; we have quite the meetings for today and as you have signed last night, Mr. Park will be handling Aiden with Mr. Huang”

 

“Okay!” Chanyeol clasps his hands loudly and stretches his hands out to the young boy a little, “Come on kiddo! You and I are going to bother everyone in this building”

 

Baba? W-why are you… wh-where are you going? The young boy hesitantly goes into his uncle’s arms and he watches as his dad hands over his baby bag aswell “B—buh buh ~” his lower lip puckers out and his eyes grow wide with worry, “Be a good boy, I’ll see you later okay?” his dad presses a quick kiss onto his chubby cheek then turns to Suho, “So, shall we?”

 

With a nod, the three then leave.

 

“Hey Suho…” Kris calls out to his friend, “Hm?” “Are you sure it’s safe for Aiden to be with Chanyeol?”

 

Suho takes a quick glance back and then at his secretary that merely shrugs her shoulders, “Yeah, I think so…” he mumbles, quite unsure.

 

 Aiden watches with watery eyes and wonders why his dad had left him. Baba, don’t go ~ but the double glass doors had already closed, as Chanyeol brings them both to the elevator, he suddenly breaks out into a cry knocking his uncle off-guard by the sudden screech.

 

“Babaaaaaa!”

 

CHANYEOL

 

Why did I have to get the AM shift? Seriously, I’m going to push Tao off this building the first chance I get! Geez, but he’s the least of my worries at the moment because I’m more worried about Aiden, he’s been crying the whole elevator ride and even as we got to my office. I don’t know what I’m gonna do, he keeps calling out ‘Baba’. Aish.

 

“Don’t cry ~ aigo, please stop crying” I pleaded but no, if anything, his volume seemed to have turned up so more! Okay, calm down, Park Chanyeol… panicking will get you nowhere so focus. Imagine yourself as a baby, what did you do as a baby? Well, I do remember waving a candlestick around and almost burnt the house down –oh, okay scratch that. What else?

 

I look around my office, hoping to get an idea out of the stuff around that could possibly entertain the kid but I ended up cussing because there was not an item inside this four-walled room that could possibly be an interest to a child, even I wouldn’t give a about it if I was a kid, honestly speaking… wow, I have a pretty boring office.

 

“WAAAAAAH!” oh, right! Aiden!

 

“Aish…” I set his baby bag down on my table and hear a little clink; that kind of clink that told me to open the bag and see what it was and I am glad that I did because inside, I found the solution to my problem: TOYS.

 

“Aha!” I fish out the bright-colored maracas and shake it infront of him; he stops crying for a moment and grabs the toy with his little hands, shaking it a bit. Good, he seems –SMACK. “Owwwww!” what the , he just threw it at me and hit my temple! , that hurt… and then he resumes crying.

 

my life.

 

Desperate, I end up tossing all the toys inside the bag onto the carpeted floor then around thirty-minutes later, I found myself behind the couch, at a safe distance from the boy –who had stopped crying and was now playing-

 

“I’m going to die before this day ends”

 

 

 

Fortunately for Chanyeol, he was breathing still.

 

The next moments after he hid behind the couch, he found himself sitting on the carpeted floor with Aiden on his lap, entertaining him with the little animal finger puppets on his hands “…and then Mr. Chicken said…” he was so immersed into the story telling that he failed to even notice someone enter the premises and only turned his head when the person cleared his throat.

 

“Well, well, well… what do I have here?” came a chuckle of a woman and Chanyeol’s eyes grew wide, clearly surprised of the sudden presence of no other than “Yoora!” he scrambles onto his feet while making sure Aiden stays in his arms “Wh-what are you doing here?”

 

“Ugh, geez Chanyeol… isn’t it obvious?” she cooed at her brother, walking towards him and pinches his cheeks, “Noona missed you ~”

 

Pretty ~ Aiden smiles at the sight of the female and grabs her finger, unknowingly sending a spark to her. Her eyes widen and twinkle in sudden awe as she takes a good look at the baby and shakes the finger he was holding while he gleefully laughs “Awwww! He’s so adorable! But wait…” Yoora pauses and gives her brother a suspecting look “Park Chanyeol, did you impregnate someone?” she asks –almost hissing with position in her voice.

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes at her, “No.” he answers with affirmation –it sounded ridiculous on so many levels that he can’t even begin to comprehend how he could just impregnate someone, “You and your paranoia… its Kris’s son, Aiden”

 

“Chincha?” her eyes widen again, “This is the heir of the Wu family?”

 

“Yep, behold our future ruler” he smiles, shaking Aiden a bit. The young boy reaches out his little hands and cups Yoora’s cheek then surprisingly pressed a kiss just a little above her lips and she laughs, “Aigo ~ so cute! Oh my, I can almost squish you like a squid!” she fawns.

 

So pretty ~ Aiden giggles as his uncle watches, he was borderline shocked and his eyes twitched a bit. What the ?

 

A knock comes on the door and without an answer, Chen enters “Hey Yeol, I need your –whoa” he pauses after seeing his sister in the room, “okay… which one of you is the real Chanyeol?” he asks in a serious manner with a serious voice. Yoora rolls her eyes at him, “Oh please, Jongdae; we’re not twins”

 

“Pfft, yeah… that’s what the girl I slept with said when I met her ex-boyfriend” Chen snorts and pokes the folder at Chanyeol’s shoulder “anyway, I need your signatures on these papers; apparently, someone reported a hack into our systems and we’re taking legal action in which if we win means millions for us and zero for them”

 

“Right… can you hold him for a minute?” he says and hands over Aiden to his sister, which the boy more so willingly enjoyed, while he then goes off to his desk to sign the needed papers.

 

Chen, on the other hand, raises a brow at the sight of Aiden hugging Yoora, “Yah, is it just me or does Aiden have a thing for s”

 

He ends up exiting Chanyeol’s office with the papers and a red hand mark on his left cheek.

 


 

Upon the arrival of lunch time, Chanyeol met up with Tao at a restaurant down the block bringing Aiden and his sister with him –as she insists that they should catch up. Sure enough, Tao was there with an excited smile on his face, it was as if he had been waiting their arrival for hours –which was, for the record, creepy.

 

“Hello baby ~” he waves at the young boy but Aiden barely even gives him a glance, he was too busy looking at Yoora. Chanyeol puffs out a sigh of relieve, having made it through his shift without him dying and hands over the baby bag to Tao, patting him on the shoulder “He’s all yours”

 

He hands over Aiden to Tao, the young boy’s eyes still glued towards Yoora.

 

“Oh, Yoora, you’re here? I thought you were still partying in Brazil?” Tao inquires as he shakes Aiden in his arms a bit; “I came home last week, I got over the stress” she smiles at him.

 

Yoora was one of the few sisters that their circle of friends had, she was known as Chanyeol’s opposite –timid, reserved and all but when she began to work at their family company and the stress kicked in, she turned into one like Chanyeol, there wasn’t a week that went by that she didn’t party and when she was in the scene, she was barely recognizable; however, when she’s at the office, she turns back into this reserved, classy lady.

 

Tao sometimes thinks that she has a split personality… or something.

 

They parted ways after lunch, which meant Yoora going elsewhere with Chanyeol and leaving Aiden to Tao, “I’ll see you again soon, cutie pie ~” she coos at the young boy and pecks at his cheek then leaves with her brother as he then wishes him ‘good luck’

 

“Mama?” Aiden calls out, “No baby, that’s not mama…” “No?” he turns to Tao with wide eyes, almost a resemblance of a puppy and this causes his uncle’s eyes to widen, blood almost spilled out of his nose, “Aigo ~ so cuuuute!” he squeals, rubbing his cheek against Aiden’s and hugs him dearly.

 

“You are such an angel!”

 


 

KRIS

 

The day was going smoothly so far.

 

We finished meetings; I had good coffee and good food with no phone calls whatsoever telling me that a building has been burnt down or Aiden falling and getting injured.

 

“I guess I underestimated Chanyeol and Tao” I blurt out and sigh in content as I pocket my phone, leaning back onto my seat in the car. Suho sat next to me, reading the latest magazine that Wu Enterprise had published “Well, the contract did state that they are to deliver the best”

 

Damn right they should but I couldn’t help but wonder though, how could businessmen, take better care of a baby than an actual –and perhaps, a professional- babysitter? Not that I would get a professional one because my wife is so against it anyway –“By the way…” Suho cuts me off of my thoughts; he puts the magazine away and turns to me then asks “what’s the update on the debt?”

 

I almost forgot about that, in fact… I almost thought it didn’t exist from the start.

 

“I don’t know” I shrug; I didn’t really want to talk about it even thought it was so badly needed to be discussed with especially with Joonmyeon since he’s the CEO of the branch that people suggest I give up to pay that damned thing.

 

He sighs, perhaps frustrated, worried or stressed out by it, I don’t know but what I do know is that it’s not something that a CEO would want to hear. It’s not that I’m planning on considering their suggestion; I’ve worked at Wu Enterprise once and brought it up to lead the business scene in Seoul, I molded it to perfection, to be the kind of company that other businessmen would envy not having and where people fought for a place inside it.

 

Plus, it was once my mother’s.

 

“I’ll pay it off soon enough” I assure him –and myself. Joonmyeon chuckles, “I hope so… hundred-fifty billion sounds a little absurd”

 

Come to think of it… it does.

 


 

Aiden was mad… for some reason, he was and Tao was worried… and a little bit afraid.

 

Now, he didn’t cry when Chanyeol had left with Yoora –the female he had been so overly fond of because she was pretty like his mommy- but for some reason, that Tao couldn’t even comprehend what, the little guy was angry and was currently sufficing for throwing stuff around his office ranging from the papers he found on the coffee table to even knocking his chair down.

 

I want milky.

 

Tao was not presented with much option seeing as he had made a stupid bet with Chanyeol, which meant that calling Kris would deem him a loser and which also means he would have to give Chanyeol a Gucci bag –oh no, that was not going to happen.

 

I want blanky too then nappy time.

 

“Aiden?” he calls out from the corner where he had been standing the last thirty minutes, the boy does not seem to hear him –or he was just completely ignoring his uncle- and continues to fiddle with the baby bag. Tao takes his chances, “are you okay now? Should I put you to sleep?”

 

No answer… what could a one year old boy answer him anyway?

 

Cautiously, he takes steps towards the boy and bends down beside him, he reaches out a hand to take the baby bag and open it for him but Aiden pulls it away though not far from reach. Tao pouts, his heart was slowly breaking because of this little boy. Does he hate me? What did I do?

 

He sighs heavily and goes off to sit on the couch, after awhile he takes out his phone and calls someone. It wasn’t Kris though nor was it any of his friends.

 

“Hello? Yes, I’d like you to deliver some stuff for me here at Wu Enterprise please” Huang Zitao knew how to handle this .

 

Approximately an hour or so later, after a series of Tao chasing Aiden around because he began to rip papers and the places was now a mess, a knock on the door came and Tao’s secretary comes inside, a little baffled by the scene of her boss trying to catch a baby boy running around and making it rain torn paper.

 

“Yes, Ms. Lee?” he exclaimed as he almost tripped over but luckily caught himself the last second, his secretary snaps out of her thoughts and informs him “Sir, there’s a couple of things for you outside”

 

“Ah yes!” he remembered, “Those must be my requests, hurry along and send them in”

 

With a nod, she exits her boss’s office and three delivery men came inside, two of them rolling in around five boxes and the third holding a huge stuffed panda. After signing some papers, the men leave and Tao smiles proudly at himself for Aiden has finally stopped and stared in spectacle at the huge panda sitting on the floor, “Pana” he points.

 

“Yes, yes, you wanna play with panda?”

 

Aiden doesn’t even answer; he just goes on and hugs the panda while laughing. Yes, yes, you’re a genius Huang Zitao ~

 

A couple of hours later, there were castles all over the place made out of Lego, stuffed animals here and there, papers everywhere and in the middle of it all was Tao sleeping on the couch while Aiden slept on the panda’s tummy.

 

5:30 PM

Wu Enterprise

 

“…ugh, you should hear Luhan complaining about how we’re not targeting enough in China, I swear he will be the death of me” Suho complains, their respective agendas have been done for the day and currently, they were to pick up Aiden from Tao’s office and go to that dinner that Yoora invited them to. Kris scoffs to the side, “It’s either what he’s saying is true and could be a potential good or it’s just an excuse to see my sister”

 

Suho thinks for a moment, “Are those two dating?”

 

“I hope not” Kris sighs “otherwise, should that doe-eyed idiot pull something on her that I don’t like, I’m going to drag his to the paintball site, tie him to a tree and use his for target shooting”

 

“Ouch” Suho winces; he could almost feel his own hurt.

 

As they reach the oak double doors at the end of the hall of the certain floor, Suho does the honor of opening it only to be shocked by the mess. Kris enters after him; he stops himself from shrieking and instead settles for a really heavy sigh. I knew it was too good to be true.

 

“Tao’s probably dead…” he mutters, taking slow steps inside because of the messy floor.

 

Baba? Aiden whirls his head around and drops his baby bottle; he then runs towards his dad “Baba!” upon seeing him, Kris bends down and welcomes the boy with open arms, he lifts him off the ground and Aiden proceeds to burying his cheek on his neck.

 

“Hey kiddo, is your uncle dead?” Suho asks with a smile as he ruffles the boy’s hair and Aiden giggles, he reaches out his little hand to his uncle and pinches his nose, Snow White!

 

“Wha-huh-who-where?!” Tao splutters as he shoots up from the couch, he looks around for a moment then breathes out a sigh of relief after seeing Kris and Joonmyeon, “Oh… it’s just you” he stretches his arms over his head, failing to notice the look of disapproval that his precious Gege was giving him.

 

“What happened here?” Kris asks.

 

Tao looks around his office then at Aiden, he sheepishly grins “We just played around… a little bit”

 


 

“Okay, let’s do this” Chanyeol clasps his hand in a confident manner.

 

Apparently, at dinner, Kris learned of the bet that Chanyeol and Tao had. So currently, Aiden was standing at a fair distance with Yoora holding him steady and giving him instructions while Tao and Chanyeol stood separately on the opposite side with Kris and Suho remaining at their table.

 

Whoever Aiden was going to choose, he was going to be the winner.

 

“Go baby ~” Yoora coos at him and with a giggle, he runs off and chooses…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“NOOOOOOOOO!” Tao shouts and falls to the ground on his knees while Chanyeol holds Aiden in his arms with a victorious grin. Why is uncle crying? Pretty auntie said to choose whose ugly… didn’t she?